NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$12,500,000$12,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$177,500$178K)
RW
RFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$5,125,000$5,125,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,250,000$9,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
RFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 5, 2022 at 9:08 a.m.
GM
Again why would any team pay to help EDM with their cap issues? Foegele is not worth paying for. You need to pay to get rid of him
Civil_Eng_PE liked this.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 9:22 a.m.
Quoting: AG_sweden
Again why would any team pay to help EDM with their cap issues? Foegele is not worth paying for. You need to pay to get rid of him

He is.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 9:24 a.m.
ural740811

For starters, look at the price that Nashville gives, it’s McCarron, he doesn’t get into the main team of Nashville (I don’t know for what reasons, this is their vision of the situation), and Edmonton will have to court, very handy, and even more so in a year he is UFA. Therefore, the price is not high for Nashville.
Then we proceed to Foegele. Why do you think that in order to give him to another team, we need to pay extra? This is a fundamentally wrong look at this player, he is a fairly successful forward of the middle six with an advantage in the prime of his life, which gives the winning team 25 points consistently. We change it only in order to get into the ceiling, I would gladly leave it in the third three, if not the ceiling.
Well, I think Prospect Berezkin is a promising player, plus the choice of the middle round of the draft is also valuable.
But since I consider this exchange useful for the team, I am ready to increase the offer of Foegele + Tullio + 4 rd 2024
Aug. 5, 2022 at 9:26 a.m.
GM
Quoting: CD282
He is.

First of all it that because all trade proposals involving EDM always bring up Foegele as trade. Because he is so good and valuable? grin we'll keep him then. No team in their right mind would give up picks to acquire him.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 9:27 a.m.
GM
Quoting: ural740811
For starters, look at the price that Nashville gives, it’s McCarron, he doesn’t get into the main team of Nashville (I don’t know for what reasons, this is their vision of the situation), and Edmonton will have to court, very handy, and even more so in a year he is UFA. Therefore, the price is not high for Nashville.
Then we proceed to Foegele. Why do you think that in order to give him to another team, we need to pay extra? This is a fundamentally wrong look at this player, he is a fairly successful forward of the middle six with an advantage in the prime of his life, which gives the winning team 25 points consistently. We change it only in order to get into the ceiling, I would gladly leave it in the third three, if not the ceiling.
Well, I think Prospect Berezkin is a promising player, plus the choice of the middle round of the draft is also valuable.
But since I consider this exchange useful for the team, I am ready to increase the offer of Foegele + Tullio + 4 rd 2024

No trade. Keep your players if you are that found of them
Aug. 5, 2022 at 9:38 a.m.
ural740811
No trade. Keep your players if you are that found of them

Of course, I will not argue with you, I am not even going to convince you of your beliefs.
And why is he always the first in line in all sales, it’s very simple, I immediately said that he is a player of the middle six, of course we don’t give away top6 players, and Prospect Holloway is in the third three this year, his level of talent is higher than Voegele, and on the initial contract. We do not give away Barry, because he is a defender in a scarce position, he also remains in the team. Pulujärvi does not give up that we have a shortage of right-handed players. Here is such a situation.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 9:40 a.m.
GM
Of course, I will not argue with you, I am not even going to convince you of your beliefs.
And why is he always the first in line in all sales, it’s very simple, I immediately said that he is a player of the middle six, of course we don’t give away top6 players, and Prospect Holloway is in the third three this year, his level of talent is higher than Voegele, and on the initial contract. We do not give away Barry, because he is a defender in a scarce position, he also remains in the team. Pulujärvi does not give up that we have a shortage of right-handed players. Here is such a situation.

beliefs shared with most franchises. You are stuck with him accept.

But here is a proposal then Foegele for Goodrow wink
Aug. 5, 2022 at 9:42 a.m.
First of all it that because all trade proposals involving EDM always bring up Foegele as trade. Because he is so good and valuable? grin we'll keep him then. No team in their right mind would give up picks to acquire him.

What are you talking about? This trade proposal has EDMONTON giving up a pick and prospect to move Foegele.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about here.
ural740811 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 9:49 a.m.
GM
What are you talking about? This trade proposal has EDMONTON giving up a pick and prospect to move Foegele.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about here.

what I am complaining about is Foegele was brought in as a top 9 player but he is playing bottom line. He was brought in as a tough player since then they brought in Hyman and Kane, so obviously he wasn't doing that right either. As for your "prospect" a 5th round pick 2020 so I am sure in your eyes that is a good prospect. but from NSH perspective they are getting a much more costly 4th round players and they get awful prospect and a 4th. No thank you
Aug. 5, 2022 at 10:06 a.m.
After Trenin is extended, Nashville will not have the room necessary for Foegele. Nashville is not going to put itself over the cap in order to help Edmonton get under the cap. Also it over complicates next offseason for Nashville when they already are going to be extremely tight to the cap and Foegele isn’t a player worth doing that for
OldNYIfan and ural740811 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 10:12 a.m.
Edited Aug. 5, 2022 at 10:18 a.m.
what I am complaining about is Foegele was brought in as a top 9 player but he is playing bottom line. He was brought in as a tough player since then they brought in Hyman and Kane, so obviously he wasn't doing that right either. As for your "prospect" a 5th round pick 2020 so I am sure in your eyes that is a good prospect. but from NSH perspective they are getting a much more costly 4th round players and they get awful prospect and a 4th. No thank you

Foegele isn't on the 4th line, no idea where you got that from.
Foegele and Hyman were acquired on the same day, so your narrative is silly.
Foegele was brought in for the 3rd line and Kane for the 1st line, so your narrative is also dumb. They aren't competing for the same job at all.
Berezkin scored at one of the highest rates in the MHL ever this season, he's a real prospect although there is risk that he won't/ can't come across to North America.

You clearly don't have a clue.
ural740811 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 11:11 a.m.
GM
Foegele isn't on the 4th line, no idea where you got that from.
Foegele and Hyman were acquired on the same day, so your narrative is silly.
Foegele was brought in for the 3rd line and Kane for the 1st line, so your narrative is also dumb. They aren't competing for the same job at all.
Berezkin scored at one of the highest rates in the MHL ever this season, he's a real prospect although there is risk that he won't/ can't come across to North America.

You clearly don't have a clue.

I tell you keep your crap player, nobody wants him, what isn't understood. From the team you are trying to trade to this is a terrible deal.

Problem is that EDM fans can't own up to that first of all he is a 4th line player. Even in ARI. Secondly this is a cap dump that EDM fans can't own up to.

Keep Foegele. Nobody wants him. Only EDM fans thinks he is great (at the same time desperately trying to move him)
Aug. 5, 2022 at 11:17 a.m.
I tell you keep your crap player, nobody wants him, what isn't understood. From the team you are trying to trade to this is a terrible deal.

Problem is that EDM fans can't own up to that first of all he is a 4th line player. Even in ARI. Secondly this is a cap dump that EDM fans can't own up to.

Keep Foegele. Nobody wants him. Only EDM fans thinks he is great (at the same time desperately trying to move him)

Nobody thinks he's "great", but you're blatantly ignoring reality. Foegele played 3rd line in both Edmonton and Carolina - both of whom are playoff teams. This is publicly available information and isn't up for debate. You can hate on him all you like, but it doesn't change the facts.
ural740811 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 11:20 a.m.
GM
Nobody thinks he's "great", but you're blatantly ignoring reality. Foegele played 3rd line in both Edmonton and Carolina - both of whom are playoff teams. This is publicly available information and isn't up for debate. You can hate on him all you like, but it doesn't change the facts.

No he is not. And the rest of the league knows it, so stop the embarrassment and accept it.

It is hard to argue your point when it is based on nothing
Aug. 5, 2022 at 11:24 a.m.
GM

At time Dryden Hunt was a second line player in NYR, based on your logic we should get a second round pick for him. I mean he was also playing on an contender team.

Because that would somehow make him more valuable. Eric Johnson of AVS he was on a contender. Perhaps BUF should trade for him too... maybe give up 2nd round pick...

You are talking nonsense
Aug. 5, 2022 at 12:08 p.m.
No he is not. And the rest of the league knows it, so stop the embarrassment and accept it.

It is hard to argue your point when it is based on nothing

It's literally a cap move. Oilers are willing to downgrade at Foegele's position for less money if they can improve elsewhere. It's how the cap works. Edmonton would gladly keep Foegele or Barrie for that matter if they could but they can't in order to resign McLeod so the only options are to trade a player they would prefer to keep. I don't get how so many people fail to understand this simple concept. Just because a team is trying to trade a player doesn't mean they suck
ural740811 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 12:16 p.m.
GM
Quoting: Dylhole
It's literally a cap move. Oilers are willing to downgrade at Foegele's position for less money if they can improve elsewhere. It's how the cap works. Edmonton would gladly keep Foegele or Barrie for that matter if they could but they can't in order to resign McLeod so the only options are to trade a player they would prefer to keep. I don't get how so many people fail to understand this simple concept. Just because a team is trying to trade a player doesn't mean they suck

In a way it sort of does. Because if they where that valuable they would try to trade someone else right? Secondly since we established that NSH doesn't need or want Foegele, then to move that contract would require higher picks no?

NYR traded Nemeth to ARI to shed salary and paid a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. He was playing top 6 on a contender so the fact that he is playing top 9 in EDM doesn't hold up. You want to move money you need to pay a hefty price. At the very least something similar that NYR paid. NSH has no need to such a move or player. I am sorry but that is the hard reality of a cap world.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 12:26 p.m.
In a way it sort of does. Because if they where that valuable they would try to trade someone else right? Secondly since we established that NSH doesn't need or want Foegele, then to move that contract would require higher picks no?

NYR traded Nemeth to ARI to shed salary and paid a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. He was playing top 6 on a contender so the fact that he is playing top 9 in EDM doesn't hold up. You want to move money you need to pay a hefty price. At the very least something similar that NYR paid. NSH has no need to such a move or player. I am sorry but that is the hard reality of a cap world.

I'm not arguing this trade in specific I just noticed you spewing the same thing on multiple threads. You keep saying "If he's so good keep him" as if you fail to understand that they literally can't keep him, Barrie and JPP. These are the 3 candidates likely to be traded. Does not mean they are ****. Why would another team do this you ask? Let me try to explain it in a way you can wrap your head around.

Team A (with cap space) trade a cheaper, worse player (or pick) to Edmonton to upgrade depth. Edmonton trades a better, more expensive player (Foegele/ Barrie) for a worse, cheaper player (or pick) to resign McLeod and sign another cheap forward. Both teams have different motives for making the trade. The cap forces teams to trade players in order to keep others. Crazy how that works ain't it.
ural740811 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 12:29 p.m.
GM
I'm not arguing this trade in specific I just noticed you spewing the same thing on multiple threads. You keep saying "If he's so good keep him" as if you fail to understand that they literally can't keep him, Barrie and JPP. These are the 3 candidates likely to be traded. Does not mean they are ****. Why would another team do this you ask? Let me try to explain it in a way you can wrap your head around.

Team A (with cap space) trade a cheaper, worse player (or pick) to Edmonton to upgrade depth. Edmonton trades a better, more expensive player (Foegele/ Barrie) for a worse, cheaper player (or pick) to resign McLeod and sign another cheap forward. Both teams have different motives for making the trade. The cap forces teams to trade players in order to keep others. Crazy how that works ain't it.

Then pay the price to dump the cap, it is that simple. 2nd and 3rd it will cost you. Send him to ARI. Stop kidding yourselves that you are doing NSH, or BUF or CHI any favors. By trading him there.

In fact you are making yourself a favor and screwing the team that accepts the trade. Need to understand how it works. Nobody care if he played 3rd line minutes in EDM
Aug. 5, 2022 at 12:51 p.m.
Then pay the price to dump the cap, it is that simple. 2nd and 3rd it will cost you. Send him to ARI. Stop kidding yourselves that you are doing NSH, or BUF or CHI any favors. By trading him there.

In fact you are making yourself a favor and screwing the team that accepts the trade. Need to understand how it works. Nobody care if he played 3rd line minutes in EDM

Evidently I didn't explain it in a way you can understand.
ural740811 liked this.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 12:55 p.m.
GM
Evidently I didn't explain it in a way you can understand.

No it is me how is beating my head against a brick. That brick would be you. Good luck with your teams would be happy to have Foegele delusion.
Aug. 5, 2022 at 10:54 p.m.
ural740811
No it is me how is beating my head against a brick. That brick would be you. Good luck with your teams would be happy to have Foegele delusion.

Obviously, I will repeat once again, I am not going to convince you again, it is pointless. I'm just going to state the motives behind the Foegele trade I made. I agree with previous speakers who supported my point of view.
First, the Foegele trade in Nashville no longer makes sense after Trenin's renewal.
Further, Foegele is not a cap drop, it is a separate combat unit. And I fundamentally disagree with your statements. No franchise is going to pay a draft round for Voegele, what? You obviously haven't watched the Edmonton games if you're making that point.
How do you know how most franchises think? Peter Chiarelli, is that you? Switch over immediately!
The exchange is not the story of a player draining, but the need to fit into the ceiling. And since Foegele has an average contract, we have to give up a good player, this is obvious. Of course, we will not give up on the top 6 players, because they are more valuable for the team than the third line. There are current interests of the team, all processes go from this. Edmonton doesn't change the top 6 players because they determine the outcome, that's obvious. There are players with average contracts, these are Foegele, Pulujärvi and Barry, and more players on contracts of about a million or less (the exchange, which does not affect the entry into the salary cap). Therefore, we need to change the middle contract (Foegele, Pulujärvi and Barry). I do not change Pulujärvi, because we have a shortage of attackers with a right grip, they are on our account. I don't change Barry because he's a defender in a scarce position and a unique talent, with the right partner, he's gorgeous and brings out his talent to the fullest. That leaves the Foegele, which I wouldn't change if we weren't pinned to the ceiling. To be fair, Foegele is propped up from below by Holloway's internal reserve (entry-level contract, first round player, higher talent level than Foegele). For me, obviously in the current situation, Foegele turned out to be superfluous, but this does not mean that other teams do not need it, and I'm not talking about teams at the bottom of the standings, but about legitimate playoff teams.
So I don't change Foegele to Nashville because it doesn't make sense under the circumstances. I'll change to another team, no problem, and his price is a 4th round draft or 3rd round.
Aug. 6, 2022 at 3:12 a.m.
GM
Obviously, I will repeat once again, I am not going to convince you again, it is pointless. I'm just going to state the motives behind the Foegele trade I made. I agree with previous speakers who supported my point of view.
First, the Foegele trade in Nashville no longer makes sense after Trenin's renewal.
Further, Foegele is not a cap drop, it is a separate combat unit. And I fundamentally disagree with your statements. No franchise is going to pay a draft round for Voegele, what? You obviously haven't watched the Edmonton games if you're making that point.
How do you know how most franchises think? Peter Chiarelli, is that you? Switch over immediately!
The exchange is not the story of a player draining, but the need to fit into the ceiling. And since Foegele has an average contract, we have to give up a good player, this is obvious. Of course, we will not give up on the top 6 players, because they are more valuable for the team than the third line. There are current interests of the team, all processes go from this. Edmonton doesn't change the top 6 players because they determine the outcome, that's obvious. There are players with average contracts, these are Foegele, Pulujärvi and Barry, and more players on contracts of about a million or less (the exchange, which does not affect the entry into the salary cap). Therefore, we need to change the middle contract (Foegele, Pulujärvi and Barry). I do not change Pulujärvi, because we have a shortage of attackers with a right grip, they are on our account. I don't change Barry because he's a defender in a scarce position and a unique talent, with the right partner, he's gorgeous and brings out his talent to the fullest. That leaves the Foegele, which I wouldn't change if we weren't pinned to the ceiling. To be fair, Foegele is propped up from below by Holloway's internal reserve (entry-level contract, first round player, higher talent level than Foegele). For me, obviously in the current situation, Foegele turned out to be superfluous, but this does not mean that other teams do not need it, and I'm not talking about teams at the bottom of the standings, but about legitimate playoff teams.
So I don't change Foegele to Nashville because it doesn't make sense under the circumstances. I'll change to another team, no problem, and his price is a 4th round draft or 3rd round.

Problem is that you can't accept it is a cap dump. This isn't GM mode in EA sport game where you still get assets back when you cap dump because they are stupid. NYR paid a 2nd and 3rd to get rid of Patrick Nemeth. That cap hit was 2.5 M for this and next year. I am saying prepare for similar prize. The situation has has changed. The amount of team willing to take on a contract (even 2.5-3 M) is like three or four and they dictate the price. I am not dumb, I hear what you are trying to say. But you do not accept the reality of the situation. You just don't
ural740811 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll