Forums/Armchair-GM

This Team Is Very Mid

Created by: Jets33
Team: 2022-23 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 7, 2022
Published: Aug. 7, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
The Jets either barely miss the playoffs or barely make the wildcard spot with this roster.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$925,000
Trades
EDM
  1. 2023 5th round pick (WPG)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$79,833,691$0$1,912,500$2,666,309

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 2
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 2
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 7, 2022 at 4:47 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Ya squad needs there expensive players to play to there contracts in the worst way. Schmidt 5.95, wheeler 8.25. And possibly even helly
Jets33 and MisstheWhalers liked this.
Aug. 7, 2022 at 5:06 p.m.
Going to be a very interesting season. Team could stumble out of the gates and move to a rebuild quick. But if they’re in the mix come TDL, expect them to buy.
MisstheWhalers, Birtle34 and Jets33 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Wonder if the Oilers will need to pay to move Foegele, not that his contract is bad but the league is pretty capped out, maybe the Jets could get a pick to take a guy like him, not a 1st but say a 3rd or possibly even a 2nd depending on a teams desperation.

Hopefully Chevy can pick up another mid six or 3rd liner from a team desperate to move cap, if they could gain a pick with said player that'd be icing on the cake.
Jets33 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2022 at 5:39 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Wonder if the Oilers will need to pay to move Foegele, not that his contract is bad but the league is pretty capped out, maybe the Jets could get a pick to take a guy like him, not a 1st but say a 3rd or possibly even a 2nd depending on a teams desperation.

Hopefully Chevy can pick up another mid six or 3rd liner from a team desperate to move cap, if they could gain a pick with said player that'd be icing on the cake.

There’s always an assumption on here that perfetti is ready for a top 6 role, possibly is, but might be a 60 game type player, health an maintenance til later in his career. Will be interesting what kind of a season wheeler and scheifele have in store, could be one awful year for wheelers play to fall off a Cliff, hopefully scheifele comes in hungry for at least some jets trade value benefit. Chevy is not ready for what possibly maybe needed. Fire Chevy please and possibly clean house and start fresh outside of amateur scouting. I’m still hoping there’s possibly some bargain ufas/ptos that shine for the jets. Don’t need to do the oilers any favours without some futures returns. Not sure if fogele that great of a third liner, when top 6 not good enough. Rant of the month thanks for reading lol
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Aug. 7, 2022 at 6:28 p.m.
Brandon Wheat Kings
This team is closer to Chicago than Colorado
Aug. 7, 2022 at 8:26 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: Birtle34
There’s always an assumption on here that perfetti is ready for a top 6 role, possibly is, but might be a 60 game type player, health an maintenance til later in his career. Will be interesting what kind of a season wheeler and scheifele have in store, could be one awful year for wheelers play to fall off a Cliff, hopefully scheifele comes in hungry for at least some jets trade value benefit. Chevy is not ready for what possibly maybe needed. Fire Chevy please and possibly clean house and start fresh outside of amateur scouting. I’m still hoping there’s possibly some bargain ufas/ptos that shine for the jets. Don’t need to do the oilers any favours without some futures returns. Not sure if fogele that great of a third liner, when top 6 not good enough. Rant of the month thanks for reading lol

Guess I'm thinking could Foegele maybe fit with Lowry and along with Appleton maybe they could finally drag Lowry to the 30 point mark?!!.. lol.. If Edmonton tacked on their 2023 2nd round pick I think I'd do it but not for anything less, no point in helping a team out unless it's really worth it.

Yeah there's lots of assuming about Perfetti, he did look pretty good but he really wasn't all that productive, he also apparently just started skating again from some injury so who knows how ready he'll be, I'm sure he'll be fine but sure is a lot of assumptions that he's gonna be lighting it up, for the Jets sake I hope those fans are right and he has a great year.

I still think I was right though, for ALL involved they should've left Perfetti in the AHL all season playing center, they always need centers , he probably doesn't get hurt, the Moose might of gone father in the playoffs so TNSE makes more money and Svech stays with PLD/KC and he probably has a better year and earns another contract with Winnipeg or another team.

Well is it Chevy that isn't ready for whats possibly needed or Chipman just won't allow it to happen?
Birtle34 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2022 at 8:49 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Guess I'm thinking could Foegele maybe fit with Lowry and along with Appleton maybe they could finally drag Lowry to the 30 point mark?!!.. lol.. If Edmonton tacked on their 2023 2nd round pick I think I'd do it but not for anything less, no point in helping a team out unless it's really worth it.

Yeah there's lots of assuming about Perfetti, he did look pretty good but he really wasn't all that productive, he also apparently just started skating again from some injury so who knows how ready he'll be, I'm sure he'll be fine but sure is a lot of assumptions that he's gonna be lighting it up, for the Jets sake I hope those fans are right and he has a great year.

I still think I was right though, for ALL involved they should've left Perfetti in the AHL all season playing center, they always need centers , he probably doesn't get hurt, the Moose might of gone father in the playoffs so TNSE makes more money and Svech stays with PLD/KC and he probably has a better year and earns another contract with Winnipeg or another team.

Well is it Chevy that isn't ready for whats possibly needed or Chipman just won't allow it to happen?

My question is it just an expensive Sanford in foegele? Possibly Chipman handcuffing chevy, but this team went from such a physical competitive team to soft light team and the scoring hasn’t overly increased. Turned laine and roslovic into another circus. Chevy possibly more of a yes man than I thought. Not the car business Chipman. Frustrating knowing what’s missing and bubbling and wasting value in some of the possible players leaving town. Just see perfetti as another Yamamoto, could be interesting player, but size and injuries may get in the way unless they give him sometime and not rush him.
Aug. 7, 2022 at 9:17 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
My question is it just an expensive Sanford in foegele? Possibly Chipman handcuffing chevy, but this team went from such a physical competitive team to soft light team and the scoring hasn’t overly increased. Turned laine and roslovic into another circus. Chevy possibly more of a yes man than I thought. Not the car business Chipman. Frustrating knowing what’s missing and bubbling and wasting value in some of the possible players leaving town. Just see perfetti as another Yamamoto, could be interesting player, but size and injuries may get in the way unless they give him sometime and not rush him.

Foegele could very well be another Sanford though Sanford didn't look too bad when he was away from Lowry.. lol
Like I said, if Edmonton gave us a 2nd to take Foegele and all we sent back was future considerations I'd maybe do it but I wouldn't do it otherwise. Foegele would provide some size and physicality they could use, probably wouldn't acquire him without getting a 2nd to take him though.

I think a lot of that softness has come from the backend getting tiny though cause the forward core hasn't really changed much. The scoring is the same as it normally is for the Jets, the top six scores like it should, the bottom six is a black hole but now the defense produces less than it used to with the exodus of Buff, Myers and Trouba. Its why I'm a broken record about the bottom six being trash and should be priority one to fix, whats gonna be easier and cheaper to acquire, some 3rd liners who can put up 30-40 points or a top 4 dman who can put up 40-50 points??

I can honestly say I don't follow these kids much before the draft or anything but I remember hearing that Lundell was likely the most NHL ready and thinking they should probably take him given where they were at plus he's built like an NHL center should be but they took Perfetti, hopefully in the end they'll have made the right decision.

Having said that one way I look at things from a Jets perspective is if they'd taken Lundell instead would he even be in the NHL and if he is would he be anything more than a 4th liner? Probably not which is such a major issue for this team, play your fukkin kids if free agents don't want to come here FFS! There's a difference between insulating the kids from being rushed and blocking them, far too often they make the wrong choice when it comes to that.
Birtle34 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2022 at 9:36 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Foegele could very well be another Sanford though Sanford didn't look too bad when he was away from Lowry.. lol
Like I said, if Edmonton gave us a 2nd to take Foegele and all we sent back was future considerations I'd maybe do it but I wouldn't do it otherwise. Foegele would provide some size and physicality they could use, probably wouldn't acquire him without getting a 2nd to take him though.

I think a lot of that softness has come from the backend getting tiny though cause the forward core hasn't really changed much. The scoring is the same as it normally is for the Jets, the top six scores like it should, the bottom six is a black hole but now the defense produces less than it used to with the exodus of Buff, Myers and Trouba. Its why I'm a broken record about the bottom six being trash and should be priority one to fix, whats gonna be easier and cheaper to acquire, some 3rd liners who can put up 30-40 points or a top 4 dman who can put up 40-50 points??

I can honestly say I don't follow these kids much before the draft or anything but I remember hearing that Lundell was likely the most NHL ready and thinking they should probably take him given where they were at plus he's built like an NHL center should be but they took Perfetti, hopefully in the end they'll have made the right decision.

Having said that one way I look at things from a Jets perspective is if they'd taken Lundell instead would he even be in the NHL and if he is would he be anything more than a 4th liner? Probably not which is such a major issue for this team, play your fukkin kids if free agents don't want to come here FFS! There's a difference between insulating the kids from being rushed and blocking them, far too often they make the wrong choice when it comes to that.

Well said, not sure if management or ownership ever going to realize they are the tb rays or Oakland A’s of the nhl, and can’t compete heads up with the other teams that draw ufas or even now rfas that just want to go home. Jets got to get there identity and swagger back. I would prefer a dead last team than 3 first round exits/or just misses. But going to be tough times and a lot of competition for entertainment dollars in Winnipeg, hopefully other revenue sources are going to cover what is needed. Goldeyes sure don’t draw what they used too.
Aug. 7, 2022 at 9:47 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Well said, not sure if management or ownership ever going to realize they are the tb rays or Oakland A’s of the nhl, and can’t compete heads up with the other teams that draw ufas or even now rfas that just want to go home. Jets got to get there identity and swagger back. I would prefer a dead last team than 3 first round exits/or just misses. But going to be tough times and a lot of competition for entertainment dollars in Winnipeg, hopefully other revenue sources are going to cover what is needed. Goldeyes sure don’t draw what they used too.

I'm genuinely concerned for the health of the franchise now and its long term viability.

I said when they traded Laine they were making a huge, small market thinking decision, trading away a star who fell in your lap for a tantrum throwing clown was such a dumb move.

The problem is for as successful as Chipman is he thinks too much like a Manitoban and he rules over the hockey club with the same line of thinking it seems.
Birtle34 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2022 at 9:59 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I'm genuinely concerned for the health of the franchise now and its long term viability.

I said when they traded Laine they were making a huge, small market thinking decision, trading away a star who fell in your lap for a tantrum throwing clown was such a dumb move.

The problem is for as successful as Chipman is he thinks too much like a Manitoban and he rules over the hockey club with the same line of thinking it seems.

Ya 100 percent agree, times are going to get tough, if the league can’t make it in Winnipeg with that ownership group, they should give there a head a shake. But ya they need to make some serious adjustments to the on ice product, and also the development from the moose. This squad needs to not alienate the fans and be honest with them, and make some major moves to kickstart a successful team going forward. I’m plenty fine with probably never having a dynasty, between free agency/and other factors in a limited window of keeping players in Winnipeg. But at least realize it, and trade into younger nucleus til you get it right and then blast in all in. Hit or miss, and do it again, no stars survive there entire playing career in Winnipeg, and keep trading for youthful value and keep building to win the last game of the year. Fans don’t want a loyalty love fest, they want a hungry competitive team that always gives an honest effort. When stars fall in you lap, you push the budget a little and gamble to keep them around a little longer, but probably end up trading them too. But at least give them an honest attempt at hanging a banner. Now you got my rant of the month lol
Aug. 8, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.

There was an NHL insider in TSN radio recently who thought that Foegele has positive value even in the current market. His speed, size and physicality are an asset for any team that can afford the cap hit.

We shall see.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll