Tough to Play Against

Created by: Ross_Johnston
Team: 2022-23 Nashville Predators
Initial Creation Date: Sep. 6, 2022
Published: Sep. 6, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
NSH
  1. Bertuzzi, Tyler ($2,375,000 retained)
  2. Hirose, Taro
DET
  1. L'Heureux, Zachary
  2. Tolvanen, Eeli
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (NSH)
  4. 2024 1st round pick (NSH)
  5. 2024 2nd round pick (NSH)
Additional Details:
Bert agrees to an extension after the trade so Detroit can eat half his salary for this year only.

Young roster player, first rounder from 2021, first, two seconds
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$75,255,309$0$295,000$7,244,691
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Nashville Predators
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 8
$4,000,000$4,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$0$0
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,857,143$2,857,143
C, RW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,059,000$9,059,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 3
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 4
$733,333$733,333
RD
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 6, 2022 at 7:35 p.m.
Stats Are For Losers
I really like L’Heureux but don’t like the 2024 1st rounder.. I’d try and squeeze out a 23’ pick but I’d prob still do it, as is. Nice trade.
Ross_Johnston liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 7:37 p.m.
I would prefer a 2023 pick mostly because that player could help us sooner. I would drop a second for it too personally. Good trade, I think he would be a nice fit in Nashville.

It's just too bad Nashville will have no cap space to sign all their free agents.
IDKtbh liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 7:37 p.m.
An astounding overpay. NSH emphatically declines.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 9:17 p.m.
So Nashville pays a bounty and then goes into next offseason with zero hope of being under the cap without paying some team to take on cap.

Nashvilles best prospects are all wingers. I don’t see why they’d trade for a winger
gmgb liked this.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 9:29 p.m.
Stats Are For Losers
Quoting: gmgb

How is that an “astounding overpay”?

Tolvanen is probably worth MAYBE a late 2nd and the first rounder is a future pick, and not next year’s more valuable draft pick.

The biggest chip coming from NSH is L’Heureux. Maybe a 3rd or 4th could return with Bertuzzi but, with an extension in place, this is Tyler’s value. Maybe NSH just isn’t the right trade partner but, absolutely not an overpay.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 9:50 p.m.
Pop Pop
I think it's probably too much for bert. Maybe take out 1 2nd and change the other two a 3rd.
Sep. 6, 2022 at 10:02 p.m.
Future Norris guy

LOL an astounding overpay, Tolvanen doesn't have half of the production as Bertuzzi, There's no way Yzerman would accept this. Especially if Bertuzzi signs which would cost Tolvanen 2 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick.

Detroit easily declines, The 1st round pick needs to be 2023 not 2024. Tolvanen is a major downgrade compared to Bertuzzi. And Yzerman wants the forward core to fet tougher something that Tolvanen can't do.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 1:05 a.m.
This is a fair offer and a good start to negotiations but it is a bit unbalanced with regards to the two prospects coming back. You're offering two left wingers for a player that plays both wings, you should offer us a right winger instead of one of them. Swap L'Heureux with Kemell and it'll be a more interesting offer for Detroit.

Bert will, of course, only be traded in case he refuses to extend with Detroit.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 2:21 a.m.
Quoting: Billy12Bob
This is a fair offer and a good start to negotiations but it is a bit unbalanced with regards to the two prospects coming back. You're offering two left wingers for a player that plays both wings, you should offer us a right winger instead of one of them. Swap L'Heureux with Kemell and it'll be a more interesting offer for Detroit.

Bert will, of course, only be traded in case he refuses to extend with Detroit.

This is insane.. are you discussing a trade here or "how to create the biggest fleece"

First of all Bertuzzi had like 1 good season in the nhl until now, how is he more or at least at the same worth as DeBrincat

Alex DeBrincat

for

No. 7 pick in the 2022 NHL Draft,
second-round pick in 2022 (No. 39) and
third-round pick in 2024

For reference we traded Arvidsson who is at least compareable with bertuzzi if not better because he didnt just had one good season for 2 Second round picks. Kemell was a top 10 talent (not pick) in this years draft and you want a future first rounder and 2 seconds + Tolvanen .. insane..
gmgb liked this.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 2:54 a.m.
Quoting: Katharses
This is insane.. are you discussing a trade here or "how to create the biggest fleece"

First of all Bertuzzi had like 1 good season in the nhl until now, how is he more or at least at the same worth as DeBrincat

Alex DeBrincat

for

No. 7 pick in the 2022 NHL Draft,
second-round pick in 2022 (No. 39) and
third-round pick in 2024

For reference we traded Arvidsson who is at least compareable with bertuzzi if not better because he didnt just had one good season for 2 Second round picks. Kemell was a top 10 talent (not pick) in this years draft and you want a future first rounder and 2 seconds + Tolvanen .. insane..

I'm not the one asking for a trade here.

This trade proposal is coming from a Nashville fan.

Detroit have no reason to trade Bertuzzi, if a team wants him they will have to pay what Detroit wants or they won't get him.

Bert plays both wings equally well, he plays both PP and PK, he is in his prime production years right now.

Detroit is in no hurry to get rid of him and have no reason to do so unless being offered an overpayment that's too good to refuse and Detroit isn't going to do without 70 points of production this year unless we make a profit on the deal.

If you're unable to understand the most basic rules of supply and demand then I can't help you. The situation here is that Nashville wants something we have and that we have no reason to sell so you'd better expect to make an offer that's good enough to convince us or we will simply keep Bert.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 12:20 p.m.
Quoting: HockeyIsMyPassion61
LOL an astounding overpay, Tolvanen doesn't have half of the production as Bertuzzi, There's no way Yzerman would accept this. Especially if Bertuzzi signs which would cost Tolvanen 2 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick.

Detroit easily declines, The 1st round pick needs to be 2023 not 2024. Tolvanen is a major downgrade compared to Bertuzzi. And Yzerman wants the forward core to fet tougher something that Tolvanen can't do.

NSH is the wrong team for a Bertuzzi proposal, as their greatest prospect depth is on the wings, and they'll need his cap space for their own RFAs next summer. DET shouldn't trade him anyway, because they should finally be moving out of the tank for futures part of their rebuild.

I think the overestimations of Bertuzzi's value in this thread come from the extension the OP says Bertuzzi signs right after the trade. DET can't expect assets for something that occurs after the trade takes place though. It's not like Bertuzzi's next contract would be a steal for NSH anyway. At his age, one has to assume he'd want a max term eight year deal. It wouldn't be cheap either, as he'd want to cash in on just having his first big season (I'd imagine he'd be looking for $7M - possibly more). He'd have no loyalty or relationship built up with a brand new team, where he'd consider a team friendly deal. It's not like Bertuzzi has a track record of putting his team first either.

OP isn't a Preds fan. The NSH fans in this thread have been pretty clear they have no interest.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 12:30 p.m.
Future Norris guy
I'm not the one asking for a trade here.

Detroit have no reason to trade Bertuzzi, if a team wants him they will have to pay what Detroit wants or they won't get him.

Bert plays both wings equally well, he plays both PP and PK, he is in his prime production years right now.

Detroit is in no hurry to get rid of him and have no reason to do so unless being offered an overpayment that's too good to refuse and Detroit isn't going to do without 70 points of production this year unless we make a profit on the deal.

If you're unable to understand the most basic rules of supply and demand then I can't help you. The situation here is that Nashville wants something we have and that we have no reason to sell so you'd better expect to make an offer that's good enough to convince us or we will simply keep Bert.

The guy is a Leafs fan not a Preds fan.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 12:40 p.m.
The guy is a Leafs fan not a Preds fan.

Fair enough, doesn't change anything though. Bert is an asset for Detroit and anyone wanting him will have to make an offer that makes sense for Detroit or they won't get him.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 12:43 p.m.
Future Norris guy
Fair enough, doesn't change anything though. Bert is an asset for Detroit and anyone wanting him will have to make an offer that makes sense for Detroit or they won't get him.

Oh i totally agree with you, Not giving up Bert for a bunch of worthless pieces. Yzerman will at least want a 2023 1st round pick. And a younger similar player to Bert at the very least.
Billy12Bob liked this.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 12:44 p.m.
NSH is the wrong team for a Bertuzzi proposal, as their greatest prospect depth is on the wings, and they'll need his cap space for their own RFAs next summer. DET shouldn't trade him anyway, because they should finally be moving out of the tank for futures part of their rebuild.

I think the overestimations of Bertuzzi's value in this thread come from the extension the OP says Bertuzzi signs right after the trade. DET can't expect assets for something that occurs after the trade takes place though. It's not like Bertuzzi's next contract would be a steal for NSH anyway. At his age, one has to assume he'd want a max term eight year deal. It wouldn't be cheap either, as he'd want to cash in on just having his first big season (I'd imagine he'd be looking for $7M - possibly more). He'd have no loyalty or relationship built up with a brand new team, where he'd consider a team friendly deal. It's not like Bertuzzi has a track record of putting his team first either.

OP isn't a Preds fan. The NSH fans in this thread have been pretty clear they have no interest.

Fair enough, it still doesn't change the point I was making in any way. This isn't Detroit trying to get rid of Bert, this is another team trying to acquire him and Detroit doesn't have to sell unless the offer is so good that it would be dumb to refuse. Detroit holds all the cards when it comes to what the price for Bert should be.
gmgb liked this.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 1:00 p.m.
Fair enough, it still doesn't change the point I was making in any way. This isn't Detroit trying to get rid of Bert, this is another team trying to acquire him and Detroit doesn't have to sell unless the offer is so good that it would be dumb to refuse. Detroit holds all the cards when it comes to what the price for Bert should be.

I feel this proposal is an offer so good it would be difficult for DET to say no to, but that may be tinged by looking at it from NSH's perspective, where it's such an overpay for a player that makes no sense for them. The only issue I'd have on pulling the trigger on this if I were Yzerman, is like I said above about it being the wrong direction for the team right now. DET has tanked long enough, and they should start trying to win again with what they have. Remaining in a perpetual state of selling contributing players for futures for too long ultimately hurts a team.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
Edited Sep. 7, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
I feel this proposal is an offer so good it would be difficult for DET to say no to, but that may be tinged by looking at it from NSH's perspective, where it's such an overpay for a player that makes no sense for them. The only issue I'd have on pulling the trigger on this if I were Yzerman, is like I said above about it being the wrong direction for the team right now. DET has tanked long enough, and they should start trying to win again with what they have. Remaining in a perpetual state of selling contributing players for futures for too long ultimately hurts a team.

As I said in my first post there's a problem with two left wingers coming back, that is a position in which Detroit has enough prospects already. You're also right in that Detroit shouldn't sell Bert which is why I asked for one of the LW to be replaced with Kemell because that's an offer that would be really, really hard to say no to.

Detroit needs right shooters, they only have Raymond (Perron will retire in a year and Sundqvist is a 4th-liner). Detroit's defense is still in a flux and won't be ready for another couple of years which would give Kemell time to get in the lineup and start producing well enough to replace Bertuzzi.

I fully understand if this is too much for Nashville to pay but it's what it would take for it to be worth it for Detroit.
Sep. 7, 2022 at 4:01 p.m.
As I said in my first post there's a problem with two left wingers coming back, that is a position in which Detroit has enough prospects already. You're also right in that Detroit shouldn't sell Bert which is why I asked for one of the LW to be replaced with Kemell because that's an offer that would be really, really hard to say no to.

Detroit needs right shooters, they only have Raymond (Perron will retire in a year and Sundqvist is a 4th-liner). Detroit's defense is still in a flux and won't be ready for another couple of years which would give Kemell time to get in the lineup and start producing well enough to replace Bertuzzi.

I fully understand if this is too much for Nashville to pay but it's what it would take for it to be worth it for Detroit.

At this point in the thread, I think it's clear that DET fans don't want to lose Bertuzzi, and NSH fans have no interest in him in the first place.

The details about what pieces NSH would have to overpay with are moot, if the Preds don't want him to begin with.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll