Quoting: aadoyle
I swear to god if Sandin is hurt

nvm hes back in

The kids look good though i think. Very confident in them going forward
Nov. 25, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I like these line combos

ZAR-Kampf-Engvall works nice for a 4th line

3rd line's where im going **** as to me Kerfoot-Holmberg-Malgin OR Robertson-Holmberg-Kerfoot are both intriguing options and I dont want Robertson to sit.
Nov. 25, 2022 at 3:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Nov. 25, 2022 at 3:38 p.m.
Idk the tweet from Chris Cuthbert might be correct on Matthews

Im starting to think he might not be 100% healthy

As he seems to be avoiding going forehand with his shot.

Hope its not his wrist again
Nov. 25, 2022 at 3:47 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
I certainly don’t want to lose him but IF Kampf price’s himself out (or another team overpays) having Holmberg will make that loss much easier. Pontus has made some really nice defensive plays, one great one on a back check, such a big fan.
Saskleaf, NorthernLeafsFan05, Random2152 and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 25, 2022 at 3:54 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Nov. 25, 2022 at 4:13 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan
I certainly don’t want to lose him but IF Kampf price’s himself out (or another team overpays) having Holmberg will make that loss much easier. Pontus has made some really nice defensive plays, one great one on a back check, such a big fan.

I dont really see how he realistically can outprice himself

He plays well defensively but doesnt put up a tonne of points

4 good comparable

Kuraly 2.5mill x 4 years
Sturm 2mill x 3 years
Sissons 2.85mill x 6 years
or heck
Jarnkrok 2.1mill x 4 years

Got a feeling 2.5mill x 4 years will be signed before FA
Nov. 25, 2022 at 4:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I think Toronto should explore packaging Kerfoot with a 1st and prospect and looking for an upgrade

While he does have his PK uses if were spending 3.5mill I want more offense.
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 25, 2022 at 4:39 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I notice whenever a team pulls the goalie Leafs struggle to either clear or get an empty netter. Like no joke a bit more patience would have been 5-2 but its just utter panic lul

Lucky Murray bailed Lilgiren out as if he didnt we would be in OT rn
Nov. 25, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.

Was thinking the exact same thing watching this game.
MatthewsFan liked this.
Nov. 25, 2022 at 7:54 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Nov. 25, 2022 at 8:01 p.m.

They really almost perfectly mimicking the NOV run they had last year (12-2-0)

If only they didnt throw OTs they would probs be 10-1-1 for Nov.....

Makes u think WTF is going on in October lul
Nov. 25, 2022 at 8:13 p.m.
Amirov Forever

It feels like SDA is doing something great like this every game. He is dominating this year and is easily the best Marlies player who doesn't have over 100 games in the NHL. He's so smart and is a very skilled playmaker. I'd like to give him a look sooner than later
MatthewsFan and Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 25, 2022 at 9:10 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Was worried about Sandin but honestly since Rielly went down hes looked good. Now I feel Gio should be unit 1 PP QB and Sandin-Liligren should QB unit 2 but thats my only complaint

Either way just get a goal and start generating offense now grin
Nov. 26, 2022 at 12:27 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Big ups to Holl, he has stepped up when the Leafs needed him most. It’s been a frustrating season with him but the past few games, he has been solid.

Including this duo

Nov. 26, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
torontos finest

Big ups to Holl, he has stepped up when the Leafs needed him most. It’s been a frustrating season with him but the past few games, he has been solid.

Including this duo

people who think the maple leafs need to shore up the defense aren't actually paying attention. blueline and goaltending have been adequate, even with the injuries they keep sustaining.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 3:17 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mondo
people who think the maple leafs need to shore up the defense aren't actually paying attention. blueline and goaltending have been adequate, even with the injuries they keep sustaining.

Its been good. Still feel when everyone is healthy going for a top 4 RD to play up with Reilly would be nice but no longer do I see the need for LD as Sandin has started coming to form. Holl's been good but my concern is when everyone (but Muzzin) come back he will fall back to old habits

But then again maybe Timmins will figure it out and with Gio make a nice third pairing

Lets see
Nov. 26, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
torontos finest
Its been good. Still feel when everyone is healthy going for a top 4 RD to play up with Reilly would be nice but no longer do I see the need for LD as Sandin has started coming to form. Holl's been good but my concern is when everyone (but Muzzin) come back he will fall back to old habits

But then again maybe Timmins will figure it out and with Gio make a nice third pairing

Lets see

Bigger need is to shore up the offense. In crucial playoff games the team constantly gets burned by being a goal or two short; having a legitimately competitive third line would do wonders for the team.

Not too worried about improving the defense; If Sandin keeps up his form you can just move Brodie to play with Rielly and have Liljegren as the 2RD. Gives the team Holl, Benn and Timmins as capable 3RD options.
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 3:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Bigger need is to shore up the offense. In crucial playoff games the team constantly gets burned by being a goal or two short; having a legitimately competitive third line would do wonders for the team.

Not too worried about improving the defense; If Sandin keeps up his form you can just move Brodie to play with Rielly and have Liljegren as the 2RD. Gives the team Holl, Benn and Timmins as capable 3RD options.

Oh they can go get offense but defense should also be explored

For me now a guy like RD Jensen and one of Garland, Bertuzzi, Meier, or Niederreiter are who I want
Nov. 26, 2022 at 3:49 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Especially with another first round date with TBL looking very possible again.

I am encouraged with:
Bunting Matthews Nylander
Jarnkrok Tavares Marner
Engvall Kampf ZAR

It’s the 3rd line that needs to get fixed soon. Ideally you move Jarnkrok down to the 3rd but if he solidify that second unit with Tavares and Marner, finding a true 3C that can drive play is very important. They have not been able to find a combination yet that works. I’ve been pretty steadfast that going into the playoffs finding: 1. Scoring LW 2. Play driving 3C. 3 Depth D should be the top priorities for Dubas
Nov. 26, 2022 at 3:53 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

I am encouraged with:
Jarnkrok Tavares Marner
Engvall Kampf ZAR

It’s the 3rd line that needs to get fixed soon. Ideally you move Jarnkrok down to the 3rd but if he solidify that second unit with Tavares and Marner, finding a true 3C that can drive play is very important. They have not been able to find a combination yet that works. I’ve been pretty steadfast that going into the playoffs finding: 1. Scoring LW 2. Play driving 3C. 3 Depth D should be the top priorities for Dubas

If Wild are out of the playoffs Fredrick Gaudreau would be nice. And if he comes cheap add Jensen (try to also convince extension to) to shore up the blue line.

Picture (Once NCAA and TDL over)

Bunting-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Knies-Gaudreau-Jarnkrok
ZAR-Kampf-Engvall

Rielly-Jensen
Sandin-Brodie
Giordano-Liligren
Nov. 26, 2022 at 4:02 p.m.
torontos finest

I am encouraged with:
Jarnkrok Tavares Marner
Engvall Kampf ZAR

If it's a rental, these are the options:

2023 LW FAs by Goals

Not a lot of great options really; most of them are not going to be for sale. Meier would be cool but that would cost an arm and a leg. Looking like JVR, Athanasiou and Sheary are the best options but I'd hardly call them game changers.

For centres:

2023 C FAs by P/GP

Horvat and Domi really intrigue me, especially Horvat since while he wouldn't be very cheap, the Leafs could effectively run three scoring lines or put JT and AM on the same line and not worry about the quality dropping off.

Lastly, defenseman:

2023 D FAs by TOI/GP

Really just take your pick. Jordie Benn is 44th on this list so I think anyone below him you're not really going to gain anything that the current Leafs depth doesn't already provide.
Nov. 26, 2022 at 4:34 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
If it's a rental, these are the options:

2023 LW FAs by Goals

Not a lot of great options really; most of them are not going to be for sale. Meier would be cool but that would cost an arm and a leg. Looking like JVR, Athanasiou and Sheary are the best options but I'd hardly call them game changers.

For centres:

2023 C FAs by P/GP

Horvat and Domi really intrigue me, especially Horvat since while he wouldn't be very cheap, the Leafs could effectively run three scoring lines or put JT and AM on the same line and not worry about the quality dropping off.

Lastly, defenseman:

2023 D FAs by TOI/GP

Really just take your pick. Jordie Benn is 44th on this list so I think anyone below him you're not really going to gain anything that the current Leafs depth doesn't already provide.

I feel whoever Dubas gets its someone with term or someone who is willing to extend on arrival or before the offseason
Nov. 26, 2022 at 4:37 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I feel whoever Dubas gets its someone with term or someone who is willing to extend on arrival or before the offseason

Thats his usual MO, but can we afford it space wise?
Depending on the get i think so but those options are rare and expensive.

Really wonder about Meier as a UFA rental
Nov. 26, 2022 at 4:39 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Thats his usual MO, but can we afford it space wise?
Depending on the get i think so but those options are rare and expensive.

Really wonder about Meier as a UFA rental

I mean Nino Nied shouldnt be to hard to get 1.5 years left (if at TDL)
Nov. 26, 2022 at 4:40 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I mean Nino Nied shouldnt be to hard to get 1.5 years left (if at TDL)

Maybe, but we could have had him for free 4 months ago. Dont see him as a target
Nov. 26, 2022 at 4:44 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Maybe, but we could have had him for free 4 months ago. Dont see him as a target

Maybe but I feel the main thing was when Waddell let him go many GM's were like wait red flag as he was one of those should have been signed at the start candidates but I believe he was almost one of the last. Either way with his strong start if Nashville isnt making the playoffs got to think they will shop guys like him and if he could be got for a 2nd I would do it. As put him in the top 6 probs would give us 20+ goals

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll