Forums/NHL Trades

(MTL/CHI) - Hillis for Beaudin

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:07 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: sensonfire
Your intolerance for people that disagree with you is on full display.

You should try interacting with people that are not on the internet.

They might take extra special care of you.

You make no sense. I think you are too use to this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:09 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Went_Wughes
Please. You're so boring and redundant. Go away.

Please.

If I was so boring and redundant, you wouldn't still be responding to my comments.

Anything else?
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:11 a.m.
sensonfire
You make no sense. I think you are too use to this.

You're so biased that you think the Habs win every trade they make.

Just look at your user name.

Anything else?
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:26 a.m.
Banned
You're so biased that you think the Habs win every trade they make.

Just look at your user name.

Anything else?

Wish I could meet you in person!

And, I'll be adding you to this ignore list.

Soon you'll be posting by yourself for yourself!

Maybe then you'll be satisfied with how correct and clever you need to seem.

bye!
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:27 a.m.
sensonfire
Wish I could meet you in person!

And, I'll be adding you to this ignore list.

Soon you'll be posting by yourself for yourself!

Maybe then you'll be satisfied with how correct and clever you need to seem.

bye!

Bye Felicia.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
Banned
Bye Felicia.

Aww more clever! It's cute how you cling to that lame display of indifference like you're insulting someone other than yourself. Super cute. Enjoy!
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:39 a.m.
sensonfire
Aww more clever! It's cute how you cling to that lame display of indifference like you're insulting someone other than yourself. Super cute. Enjoy!

You just replied to me after saying that I was added to your ignore list.

You're so precious.

Anything else?
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:44 a.m.
This trade is less about who won/lost and more about Chicago doing the right thing for a struggling player. He gets traded to his home province and gets a fresh start, Chicago was able to get a body back for him.

Davidson has done pretty well at so far at finding and trading value in guys who havent been able to find consistency on their current team. Both guys are young so you never know but it will be surprising if either guy turn into impactful NHLers.
OlegP liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:53 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: BankersBox
This trade is less about who won/lost and more about Chicago doing the right thing for a struggling player. He gets traded to his home province and gets a fresh start, Chicago was able to get a body back for him.

Davidson has done pretty well at so far at finding and trading value in guys who havent been able to find consistency on their current team. Both guys are young so you never know but it will be surprising if either guy turn into impactful NHLers.

Not sure I agree with you here on Davidson doing well, has he won a trade or signing since he took over?
A_Habs_fan and Went_Wughes liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:25 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Not sure I agree with you here on Davidson doing well, has he won a trade or signing since he took over?

I agree the Debrincat trade was underwhelming, a lot of pressure on Korchinski to be great. Some of the smaller trades have worked out so far.

Alex Nylander for Lafferty - Nylander hasnt played a game in the NHL since being traded, Lafferty is playing 15-17 minutes a night, has explosive speed and is a badger on loose pucks.

Riley Stillman was expendable with the depth Chicago has on D, took back Dickinson and a 2nd. Dickinson has been solid so far.

Chicagos depth has been awful the last few seasons, two small trades and now the third line can compete.
OlegP liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:57 p.m.
Banned
If Montreal wanted Beaudin, they could have claimed him off waivers 3 weeks ago for free.

Whether Beaudin is a former 1st round pick or whether Hillis is an ECHL player is completely irrelevant.

The Chicago Blackhawks win the trade.

Because he already cleared waivers they can send him down. Had they claimed him, he would need waivers if put in the minors. It isn't complicated yet you somehow fumbled it.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:04 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: BankersBox
I agree the Debrincat trade was underwhelming, a lot of pressure on Korchinski to be great. Some of the smaller trades have worked out so far.

Alex Nylander for Lafferty - Nylander hasnt played a game in the NHL since being traded, Lafferty is playing 15-17 minutes a night, has explosive speed and is a badger on loose pucks.

Riley Stillman was expendable with the depth Chicago has on D, took back Dickinson and a 2nd. Dickinson has been solid so far.

Chicagos depth has been awful the last few seasons, two small trades and now the third line can compete.

Agreed. While blowing it up and making it obvious that you are dumping contracts lowers your leverage, its not worse than just standing pat like the Canucks. They are restarting from the ground up which is something a lot of teams should learn when beginning a real rebuild not these rebuild on the flys that only placate owners.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 11:14 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: OlegP
Because he already cleared waivers they can send him down. Had they claimed him, he would need waivers if put in the minors. It isn't complicated yet you somehow fumbled it.

Players that go on waivers don't have any trade value.

It's almost always why they are placed on waivers in the first place.

Anything else?
Oct. 28, 2022 at 12:42 a.m.
Go leafs go
Players that go on waivers don't have any trade value.

It's almost always why they are placed on waivers in the first place.

Anything else?

Player on waivers have very little, if any trade value. However, you have to realize here that getting a player who cleared waivers in a trade is better than claiming a player off waivers as you can send them down without putting them back on waivers and potentially losing them. So saying Beaudin has no trade value is probably mostly accurate, but probably not 100% accurate.

And you got to consider who he was traded for. ECHL players on NHL contracts have, at best, 0 value. This is a nothing trade that is probably pretty fair with Montreal having a veeeery slight edge.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Oct. 28, 2022 at 8:23 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Saskleaf
Player on waivers have very little, if any trade value. However, you have to realize here that getting a player who cleared waivers in a trade is better than claiming a player off waivers as you can send them down without putting them back on waivers and potentially losing them. So saying Beaudin has no trade value is probably mostly accurate, but probably not 100% accurate.

And you got to consider who he was traded for. ECHL players on NHL contracts have, at best, 0 value. This is a nothing trade that is probably pretty fair with Montreal having a veeeery slight edge.

That's the kindest and least biased criticism I have received so far in this thread.

And I'm not being shamed by someone who's trying to explain something to me.

I appreciate it.

Thank you cheers
Saskleaf liked this.
Oct. 28, 2022 at 8:58 a.m.
Go leafs go
That's the kindest and least biased criticism I have received so far in this thread.

And I'm not being shamed by someone who's trying to explain something to me.

I appreciate it.

Thank you cheers

Thanks man! That’s very nice of you! I just saw all the people arguing with you and thought it would be nice to clarify a few things. Because, I’m mean, it’s a tiny, meaningless trade. No use arguing over it lol.
sensonfire liked this.
Oct. 29, 2022 at 8:34 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Saskleaf
Thanks man! That’s very nice of you! I just saw all the people arguing with you and thought it would be nice to clarify a few things. Because, I’m mean, it’s a tiny, meaningless trade. No use arguing over it lol.

Don't be fooled. You're just his scapegoat for trying to seem like a rational poster that is interested in communicating.

10 different posters said exactly the same things you did.
Oct. 29, 2022 at 10:04 p.m.
Go leafs go
Don't be fooled. You're just his scapegoat for trying to seem like a rational poster that is interested in communicating.

10 different posters said exactly the same things you did.

You can think whatever you want man. I think he’s generally a pretty good guy.
sensonfire liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit