Fixing My Ducks

Created by: LosPatos
Team: 2022-23 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 27, 2022
Published: Oct. 27, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
In depth descriptions:

Players: Entire roster is extremely disappointing in exception of Zegras, Drysalde, Terry, and Gibson. Vatrano and Strome have looked promising, but nothing amazing. Klingerbeg has had good moments but still not exceptional. Everyone else has been very mild.

Grant and Silfverberg have been pylons on the ice. Extremely disappointing and do not deserve roster spots over young promising players. My opinion is to scratch Silfverberg or send him to San Diego, Grant the same. Shattenkirk needs to be traded immediately.

Coaching: Eakins has to go. Trotz or Tocchet would be an immediate upgrade. Anyone but Eakins. The Ducks will not be a competitive team as long as Eakins is behind the bench.
Trades
ANA
VAN
  1. Shattenkirk, Kevin
Additional Details:
Anywhere of reasonable value. Doesn’t have to be Vancouver.
TOR
  1. 2023 5th round pick (ANA)
ANA
  1. Bellows, Kieffer
Additional Details:
Claimed off of waivers
NYI
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the COL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the ANA
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$56,076,250$0$4,282,500$26,423,750
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,037,500$2,037,500
LW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,456,250$1,456,250
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, LW
RFA - 3
$3,650,000$3,650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Islanders
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333
RW
RFA - 3
$1,295,000$1,295,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
$855,000$855,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$425,000$425,000
C, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 27, 2022 at 3:30 a.m.
Banned
The Ducks don't need fixing do they? Their long-term salary cap picture looks quite favorable I would think
Oct. 27, 2022 at 6:30 a.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Knuckl3s
The Ducks don't need fixing do they? Their long-term salary cap picture looks quite favorable I would think

I mean, if the rumored $4 mil bump happens it's all good! Going to end up seeing big money going to Terry/Z, and if Drysdale breaks out that could be a thing as well. It's not tight today, but we've seen how quickly that space just disappears.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 8:18 a.m.
Last night I thought and wondered if Shatty (50%) back to TB for Myers and a 2nd
dickie_boon, Lenny7 and LosPatos liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 8:31 a.m.
yotes own canada
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Last night I thought and wondered if Shatty (50%) back to TB for Myers and a 2nd

i dunno about trading for the same player twice but maybe
Oct. 27, 2022 at 8:37 a.m.
@Lenny7 dude how solid has Jamie Drysdale looked this year compared to last?

He seems to have taken all the right steps forward imo

I don’t think he has put it all together just yet but I feel every aspect of his game has gotten much better thus far
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:18 a.m.
Lenny7
Dear lord this is a rough ride...some random thoughts on a unusually warm fall morning on PEI:

-I think it's a wasted bullet to replace Eakins at this point with anybody more than a interim Coach, especially if the right guy isn't out there. I think you wait until Jan 1ish, and if a (the right) upgrade hasn't become available, I think you just bring up Roy Sommer to finish the year out. By the deadline there'll likely be a few of his Gulls up anyway. No point rushing to do something stupid.
-Sticking with the coaching...I've seen a lot of "No, Barry Trotz isn't the right guy for this team! He's old school, and way too structured to coach the fun-type talent that the Ducks play with". I tend to think that he adjusts based on the roster that he's given. Ovi (poor defensive player) scored almost 200 goals over the 4 seasons that he played for Trotz, Kuznetsov (poor defensive player) had 3 of his best offensive seasons during Trotz tenure, Carlson played some of his best hockey during that time...I think the idea that he is this super structured offence killer is just based around the old, slow roster that Lou gave him in NY. Maybe he's not the right guy, but discounting him because he sucks the life out of the offence is a poo-poo take. Rick Tocchet? After his comments last night I'd stay as far away from his as possible. Maybe they were just "hot takes", but if wants Z to be invisible out there then he can F O.
-As a guy with an irrational dislike of Silf's game, I have to say that he's been even worse than I could have expected. There's not much you can do though, aside from maybe a buyout this summer? Guy is clearly playing hurt though.
-McTavish needs to be playing centre. I don't care if this is how we typically roll. Put him up the middle where he has room to create chances-that's literally the style of player that you drafted, so friggin' do it.
-I'm absolutely in the "Draft Bedard or Fantilli!" club, but I've gotta think this club has to show some progress over the next couple of months if we expect the Samueli's to spend any money next year.
-STOP scratching Regenda!
-Bellows ain't it.
-Basically get to the deadline, move Shatty/Klinger/Kulikov as they are the trade chips this year.
-One thing that I'd watch for is if any surprising names with term become available through the year. A guy like Debrincat was a miss in my opinion...but I absolutely would have moved 10OA+42OA+Col 2023 2nd (assuming that's the difference between 7OA/10OA). I do think Korchinsky would have been available there for the Hawks had they not taken him at 7OA though but who knows...I guess if that's who they really wanted...No idea who might be available, but if the right mid-20's player is available and it helps you long term, do itttttt.
-*IF* I'm making a move like the one I suggested above, 2023 1st and the regular group of guys that I wouldn't move (ie. Z, Zellweger, McTavish, etc.) are the only things I wouldn't consider moving.
-Just popped into my head as I was about to submit, but imagine the return on Troy Terry? It'd have to be a boatload for me to consider it, but a capped out contender getting him for $1.45 this year? Huge.
GeneralLandro and OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:20 a.m.
Lenny7
Lenny7 dude how solid has Jamie Drysdale looked this year compared to last?

He seems to have taken all the right steps forward imo

I don’t think he has put it all together just yet but I feel every aspect of his game has gotten much better thus far

Hahaha, I was just about to tag you, @salzy and @oldnyifan in my post above!

Yeah, he's looked a whole lot better. I think playing with Kulikov is pretty helpful. It's a shame that the numbers don't reflect his actual play (Stupid Eakins and his stupid defensive system).
GeneralLandro and OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:24 a.m.
Can we send Sheldon Keefe with Holl
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:32 a.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: armer918
Can we send Sheldon Keefe with Holl

Yes, but you need to take Eakins and have him coach for the full year.
OldNYIfan and LosPatos liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 9:53 a.m.
Quoting: Lenny7
Dear lord this is a rough ride...some random thoughts on a unusually warm fall morning on PEI:

-I think it's a wasted bullet to replace Eakins at this point with anybody more than a interim Coach, especially if the right guy isn't out there. I think you wait until Jan 1ish, and if a (the right) upgrade hasn't become available, I think you just bring up Roy Sommer to finish the year out. By the deadline there'll likely be a few of his Gulls up anyway. No point rushing to do something stupid.
-Sticking with the coaching...I've seen a lot of "No, Barry Trotz isn't the right guy for this team! He's old school, and way too structured to coach the fun-type talent that the Ducks play with". I tend to think that he adjusts based on the roster that he's given. Ovi (poor defensive player) scored almost 200 goals over the 4 seasons that he played for Trotz, Kuznetsov (poor defensive player) had 3 of his best offensive seasons during Trotz tenure, Carlson played some of his best hockey during that time...I think the idea that he is this super structured offence killer is just based around the old, slow roster that Lou gave him in NY. Maybe he's not the right guy, but discounting him because he sucks the life out of the offence is a poo-poo take. Rick Tocchet? After his comments last night I'd stay as far away from his as possible. Maybe they were just "hot takes", but if wants Z to be invisible out there then he can F O.
-As a guy with an irrational dislike of Silf's game, I have to say that he's been even worse than I could have expected. There's not much you can do though, aside from maybe a buyout this summer? Guy is clearly playing hurt though.
-McTavish needs to be playing centre. I don't care if this is how we typically roll. Put him up the middle where he has room to create chances-that's literally the style of player that you drafted, so friggin' do it.
-I'm absolutely in the "Draft Bedard or Fantilli!" club, but I've gotta think this club has to show some progress over the next couple of months if we expect the Samueli's to spend any money next year.
-STOP scratching Regenda!
-Bellows ain't it.
-Basically get to the deadline, move Shatty/Klinger/Kulikov as they are the trade chips this year.
-One thing that I'd watch for is if any surprising names with term become available through the year. A guy like Debrincat was a miss in my opinion...but I absolutely would have moved 10OA+42OA+Col 2023 2nd (assuming that's the difference between 7OA/10OA). I do think Korchinsky would have been available there for the Hawks had they not taken him at 7OA though but who knows...I guess if that's who they really wanted...No idea who might be available, but if the right mid-20's player is available and it helps you long term, do itttttt.
-*IF* I'm making a move like the one I suggested above, 2023 1st and the regular group of guys that I wouldn't move (ie. Z, Zellweger, McTavish, etc.) are the only things I wouldn't consider moving.
-Just popped into my head as I was about to submit, but imagine the return on Troy Terry? It'd have to be a boatload for me to consider it, but a capped out contender getting him for $1.45 this year? Huge.

I don’t think you missed here at all

Couple notes:
If we don’t fire Eakins, I think Verbeek needs to have more control over lines and such — I think he could be canned just off his misuse of McTavish

Who would be your ideal HC this summer?

I don’t know how I feel about trading Terry but if the return was that massive you have go ge open to it — any idea on what that would look like?

I probably would have been happy with the DeBrincat trace you said here too but I don’t know how Verbeek feels about his size as it seems he wants the size since nobody he drafted was under 6’2 I believe

I may add Rico if he is playing well as a trade chip possibly
LosPatos liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:11 a.m.
Lenny7
I don’t think you missed here at all

Couple notes:
If we don’t fire Eakins, I think Verbeek needs to have more control over lines and such — I think he could be canned just off his misuse of McTavish

Who would be your ideal HC this summer?

I don’t know how I feel about trading Terry but if the return was that massive you have go ge open to it — any idea on what that would look like?

I probably would have been happy with the DeBrincat trace you said here too but I don’t know how Verbeek feels about his size as it seems he wants the size since nobody he drafted was under 6’2 I believe

I may add Rico if he is playing well as a trade chip possibly

-Re: Eakins, yeah...I mean, keeping him was a bogey IMO, but I've said it a few times so far-GM's seem to have a couple of coaching bullets in their gun. Hiring a new guy right off the bat and having him fail early on would have just (likely) shortened Verbeek's tenure. It's not ideal, but it is what it is.
-Re: Coaching replacement...I'd personally love Trotz, but people really seem split on him. I get it, but whatever. Whoever you get needs to be a long term option that can introduce some level of defensive structure and then build on it. My top 3 right now are: Trotz, Rickard Gronborg, and maybe Nate Leaman? Off the board I'd say Spencer Carbery, and maybe Mike Velucci? I don't know...I feel like a rookie head coach might be a bogey though.
-Re: Terry...I have no idea. I don't even want to consider it, but it popped into my head earlier. Start with the Hagel return and keep going?
-Re: Rico...Yeah, if you can move him for an ok return, that's super. I wouldn't even mind potentially retaining on him for the 2 years if needed. Using a retention spot on Klinger & either Kuli or Shatty though, so the 3rd one has to be a smart choice.
-Re: Dubcat...It's a tough one. I love that we added size, but I was dreaming about how good a Dubcat-Z-Terry line would have been.
GeneralLandro liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:28 a.m.
Yes, but you need to take Eakins and have him coach for the full year.

No deal
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:32 a.m.
-Re: Eakins, yeah...I mean, keeping him was a bogey IMO, but I've said it a few times so far-GM's seem to have a couple of coaching bullets in their gun. Hiring a new guy right off the bat and having him fail early on would have just (likely) shortened Verbeek's tenure. It's not ideal, but it is what it is.
-Re: Coaching replacement...I'd personally love Trotz, but people really seem split on him. I get it, but whatever. Whoever you get needs to be a long term option that can introduce some level of defensive structure and then build on it. My top 3 right now are: Trotz, Rickard Gronborg, and maybe Nate Leaman? Off the board I'd say Spencer Carbery, and maybe Mike Velucci? I don't know...I feel like a rookie head coach might be a bogey though.
-Re: Terry...I have no idea. I don't even want to consider it, but it popped into my head earlier. Start with the Hagel return and keep going?
-Re: Rico...Yeah, if you can move him for an ok return, that's super. I wouldn't even mind potentially retaining on him for the 2 years if needed. Using a retention spot on Klinger & either Kuli or Shatty though, so the 3rd one has to be a smart choice.
-Re: Dubcat...It's a tough one. I love that we added size, but I was dreaming about how good a Dubcat-Z-Terry line would have been.

That’s all true

I really hope for Gronberg this summer and we don’t deal Terry because he is just getting better and better man
Lenny7 liked this.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:32 a.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: armer918
No deal

Haha, I remember when Eakins left the Marlies and there were Leaf fans that thought he was the one who got away...
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:33 a.m.
Lenny7
That’s all true

I really hope for Gronberg this summer and we don’t deal Terry because he is just getting better and better man

Yayaya, I know. It was just a thought that popped into my head. Should have locked him up this summer though. Price is just going to continue to skyrocket.
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:37 a.m.
Yayaya, I know. It was just a thought that popped into my head. Should have locked him up this summer though. Price is just going to continue to skyrocket.

I’d throw a 8 x 7.5 at him right now and see what’s up

You think Z goes with the Hughes 8x8+ or the Robo 4x7+
Oct. 27, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
Lenny7
I’d throw a 8 x 7.5 at him right now and see what’s up

You think Z goes with the Hughes 8x8+ or the Robo 4x7+

Something tells me bridge for Z. I would have loved 8 x 8, but I just don't think it's a thing anymore, especially with the cap projected to go up. I'd be fine with that for Terry.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll