Draft picks
#3 SJ - Adam Fantilli
#25 NAS - Matthew Wood
#28 TOR - Hunter Brzustewicz
#31 EDM - Kalan Lind
#35 SJ - Lukas Dragicevic
#47 PIT - Michael Hrabal
#59 CAL - Mazden Leslie

Labanc, Kapanen, Lindblom, Foegele, Barrie, Zaitsev, Simek and Murray traded for whatever, wherever retaining on which ever one would get the best offer.
Only pending UFA I would resign is Kahkonen.
Wouldn't be going after too many UFAs as well with alot of the young talent coming up on the roster and the amount of veterans still under contract.
I would definetly be exploring a Couture trade of he would accept after the 2024 season unless, if he would accept, a trade where no retention ia necessary. Either a team with the cap space and desire for him or a team sending back close to the same amount of money and term.
I gave Bouchard a similar deal as Dobson just a bit more money as I expect he will have a bit more points than Dobson did at the time playing on this team.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$917,500
3$897,375
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$825,000
2$925,000
2$850,000
2$850,000
2$850,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Fantilli, Adam
3$925,000
Trades
SJS
  1. Ekholm, Mattias
  2. Evangelista, Luke
  3. 2023 1st round pick (NSH)
Additional Details:
22/23 Season
NSH
  1. Karlsson, Erik ($5,250,000 retained)
SJS
  1. Holtz, Alexander
  2. Walsh, Reilly [RFA Rights]
  3. 2024 1st round pick (NJD)
Additional Details:
Tatar

22/23 Season
NJD
  1. Meier, Timo [RFA Rights]
Additional Details:
8x8.25M Extension
SJS
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
22/23 Season
SJS
  1. Knies, Matthew [Reserve List]
  2. Murray, Matt
  3. 2023 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2025 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Engvall
Holl

22/23 Season
TOR
  1. Ekholm, Mattias
  2. Lorentz, Steven
Additional Details:
Reimer
SJS
  1. Barrie, Tyson
  2. Broberg, Philip
  3. Foegele, Warren
  4. 2023 1st round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
22/23 Season
EDM
  1. Ferraro, Mario
Additional Details:
Bonino
SJS
  1. 2023 6th round pick (ANA)
Additional Details:
22/23 Season
ANA
    Holl
    SJS
    1. Formenton, Alex [RFA Rights]
    2. Thomson, Lassi
    3. Zaitsev, Nikita
    Additional Details:
    22/23 Season
    OTT
    SJS
    1. Joseph, Pierre-Olivier
    2. Kapanen, Kasperi
    3. McGinn, Brock
    4. 2023 2nd round pick (PIT)
    Additional Details:
    22/23 Season
    PIT
    1. Barabanov, Alexander
    Additional Details:
    Nieto
    Harrington
    SJS
    1. 2024 3rd round pick (WSH)
    2. 2025 4th round pick (WSH)
    Additional Details:
    22/23 Season
    WSH
      Tatar 50% Retained
      SJS
      1. Lind, Kole [RFA Rights]
      Buyouts
      Retained Salary Transactions
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the NSH
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the EDM
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the CGY
      Logo of the PIT
      Logo of the CAR
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the CBJ
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the VAN
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the NJD
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the WSH
      Logo of the VGK
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the COL
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the WSH
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the SJS
      Logo of the SJS
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$84,500,000$77,808,334$25,000$2,975,000$6,691,666
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the San Jose Sharks
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      LW
      RFA - 3
      $6,750,000$6,750,000
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 7
      Logo of the New Jersey Devils
      $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RW, LW
      RFA - 2
      $8,000,000$8,000,000
      C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 4
      Fantilli, Adam
      $925,000$925,000
      $4,725,000$4,725,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      LW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
      $3,200,000$3,200,000
      RW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $916,667$916,667
      C, LW
      RFA - 1
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      C
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      LD
      RFA - 1
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $2,750,000$2,750,000
      G
      UFA - 1
      $825,000$825,000
      LD
      RFA - 1
      $1,250,000$1,250,000
      RD
      UFA - 3
      Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
      $4,687,500$4,687,500
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $7,000,000$7,000,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      Logo of the Ottawa Senators
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      RD
      RFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $825,000$825,000
      RW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Ottawa Senators
      $4,500,000$4,500,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $2,250,000$2,250,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 3:56 p.m.
      Nice try, but no thanks
      CD282 liked this.
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 4:03 p.m.
      Devils pass on that.

Maybe there would be interest around draft, but only if price comes down and contract comes in at a better number.
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 4:13 p.m.
      do not Devil my ass
      That's about one 1st rd pick too much for Meier.
      Hope Devils decline this if offered.
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 4:26 p.m.
      NoQuitInNewYork
      Many problems here.

Problems: So you trade Karlsson who is right now the No.1 d-man in the league no doubt about it. You then trade him for Ekholm who has been alright. 7 points in 13 games. You have a prospect and a 1st. It’s the start of the season and the Preds could get better. If you have based this trade off of this season. The Sharks decline. You now trade TM who has 11 in 14 games, he did also just come off of a 76 points campaign. I also don’t think Meier is worth 8.25. More like 7.825. Holtz and Wlash have been invisible, the Devils also wouldn’t even consider trading Holtz and they don’t need Meier. Sharangovich, Hischer, Palat, Hughes, Bratt, Mercer, Holtz, Zetterlund. All top six players, where would Meier go. Devils decline. Kunin doesn’t come close to a 2nd. I mean, 6 points in 14 games is alright for a bottom six player but he’s worth a 3rd or a 4th. Nowhere near a 2nd. Caps pass. Leafs trade can’t happen if the Preds trade doesn’t. So basically what your saying is that Nick Bonino who is getting paid god knows how much and MF is worth Barrie, Foegele, Broberg and a 1st. Ya. I don’t think so. Bonino and a Ferraro have been invisible and Barrie has been quite effective. Broberg is a solid prospect and theirs a first. Oilers decline. Can’t happen. Why trade Thomson. Just give them AF and NZ. I mean I guess so but no need to add the 2nd. Other Caps trade is fine. Why would Seattle consider this,
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 5:04 p.m.
      Owly
      What going to TO is worth this package? A 30+ year old 2nc pair defenceman who's absolutely going to be a cap killer asap? A 30+ year old career backup? Or is it the nearly 27 year old 3rd liner? Yeah that's a package definitely worth 2 1sts and the top prospect of the franchise.
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 5:15 p.m.
      It's nice to see Karlsson still has some life left in him right now, but NSH isn't going to consider taking on the rest of his term, even with the retention. They're definitely not going to trade a potential ticket in the Bedard sweepstakes for anyone on SJ's roster.
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
      Blatant trolling.
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
      Quoting: Logan_Ollivier
      What going to TO is worth this package? A 30+ year old 2nc pair defenceman who's absolutely going to be a cap killer asap? A 30+ year old career backup? Or is it the nearly 27 year old 3rd liner? Yeah that's a package definitely worth 2 1sts and the top prospect of the franchise.

Well you get rid of the 4.7M backup, if he isn't playing up to pay which I stated, for this year and next. You get rid of an overpaid 4th liner for a half the price third liner who is extended for next season. That career backup has posted better numbers this season and last, Murray's sample is small only one game, than both of your starters. You look at trades for defencemen at the deadline the last year Kulak got a 2nd+, Leddy got a 2nd+, Lauzon went for a 2nd, Leafs paid 2 2nds + for Gio, Lindholm went for a 1st and 2 2nds, Chiarot for a 1st+ and Manson got a 2nd and good prospect. You look at those returns and this isn't far off I don't think. Only one of those players I think is a better defenceman is Lindholm, maybe Gio but at his age he could regress any time, still looking good though.
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 5:28 p.m.
      Quoting: gmgb
      It's nice to see Karlsson still has some life left in him right now, but NSH isn't going to consider taking on the rest of his term, even with the retention. They're definitely not going to trade a potential ticket in the Bedard sweepstakes for anyone on SJ's roster.

Well it is one extra year but I think if he can keep up since elite play it might be worth it for a struggling Nashville team. Honestly I forgot to state protection on all the picks. Top 10 protection would be just fine. It's the kind of splash Poile could make though. Nashville would be alot more fun to watch if this happened.
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 5:35 p.m.
      Quoting: Lancebmx
      Well it is one extra year but I think if he can keep up since elite play it might be worth it for a struggling Nashville team. Honestly I forgot to state protection on all the picks. Top 10 protection would be just fine. It's the kind of splash Poile could make though. Nashville would be alot more fun to watch if this happened.

It wouldn't be the worst trade involving Karlsson NSH has ever made, but still - no thanks.

Whoever replaces Poile would be so mad at him for doing this, on his way out the door. It would be a futile, and desperate move for him. Kind of like giving up a young Forsberg, for Erat, in an attempt to stave off getting canned.
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 5:43 p.m.
      Nashville is sucking eggs and karlsson wouldnt fix them. Pass
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 5:44 p.m.
      Owly
      Quoting: Lancebmx
      Well you get rid of the 4.7M backup, if he isn't playing up to pay which I stated, for this year and next. You get rid of an overpaid 4th liner for a half the price third liner who is extended for next season. That career backup has posted better numbers this season and last, Murray's sample is small only one game, than both of your starters. You look at trades for defencemen at the deadline the last year Kulak got a 2nd+, Leddy got a 2nd+, Lauzon went for a 2nd, Leafs paid 2 2nds + for Gio, Lindholm went for a 1st and 2 2nds, Chiarot for a 1st+ and Manson got a 2nd and good prospect. You look at those returns and this isn't far off I don't think. Only one of those players I think is a better defenceman is Lindholm, maybe Gio but at his age he could regress any time, still looking good though.

You are just justifying what you absolutely know is a slamdunk win for you. Which is par for the course on here. Ekholm is a LD and signed till hes nearly 40 at a very high cap hit. Murray is just getting back to being healthy and will be given a shot. And if he plays well, his ceiling is way higher than Riemers. And Lorentz is not better than Engvall. This is just a one sided trade
      Nov. 9, 2022 at 6:23 p.m.
      Quoting: Scooter81
      Many problems here.

Problems: So you trade Karlsson who is right now the No.1 d-man in the league no doubt about it. You then trade him for Ekholm who has been alright. 7 points in 13 games. You have a prospect and a 1st. It’s the start of the season and the Preds could get better. If you have based this trade off of this season. The Sharks decline. You now trade TM who has 11 in 14 games, he did also just come off of a 76 points campaign. I also don’t think Meier is worth 8.25. More like 7.825. Holtz and Wlash have been invisible, the Devils also wouldn’t even consider trading Holtz and they don’t need Meier. Sharangovich, Hischer, Palat, Hughes, Bratt, Mercer, Holtz, Zetterlund. All top six players, where would Meier go. Devils decline. Kunin doesn’t come close to a 2nd. I mean, 6 points in 14 games is alright for a bottom six player but he’s worth a 3rd or a 4th. Nowhere near a 2nd. Caps pass. Leafs trade can’t happen if the Preds trade doesn’t. So basically what your saying is that Nick Bonino who is getting paid god knows how much and MF is worth Barrie, Foegele, Broberg and a 1st. Ya. I don’t think so. Bonino and a Ferraro have been invisible and Barrie has been quite effective. Broberg is a solid prospect and theirs a first. Oilers decline. Can’t happen. Why trade Thomson. Just give them AF and NZ. I mean I guess so but no need to add the 2nd. Other Caps trade is fine. Why would Seattle consider this,

On the Nashville trade alot of the value is in obtaining Ekholm to then trade him later on for more. Basically trading Karlsson with retention for 3 1sts. Meier has really nice possesion numbers and that stuff, coming off a good season with a pretty mediocre team. He could be a consistent ppg in jersey. Sharangovich is alright, Mercer is still young but can slot anywhere in the top 9, palat can also play anywhere in the top 9 Holtz would technically be traded, Zetterlund is still unproven but looking really good, again anywhere in the top 9. Teams that want to compete have a good top 9 not just top 6. I forgot about Bratt but obviously top 6 player. Lines of Meier - Hischier Zetterlund, palat - Hughes - Bratt, Sharon - Haula - Mercer is pretty good in my opinion. I also agree I don't think Meier is worth over 8 just paid that cause people think he's going to get a big pay day. Changing the Kunin trade from a second to third is fine, after I made this I saw Calgary fans being alright with trading a second for him so I think it works. Caps trade is irrelevant of team, could be any team, was stated in the original post. Toronto trade alot of them don't like already but it makes the team better, enough on that one. Been talking with a few Edmonton fans about that trade and they are okay with it. Solves their cap issues for next year. Bonino only makes 2M he is sounds defensively and is over 52% on draws. Edmonton's bottom 6 centres around 40% on draws. Their one of the worst teams for goals against, shots against and pk. Ferraro and bonino can help that while saving them almost 2M in cap to allow them to have a full roster. This was made before the Kane injury FYI. Also solves their cap problem for next year as they save 4M next season. Broberg would be limited to a spot with Ferraro there and that first is really late. You say Ferraro has been invisible but they have the second best pk in the league and he's on the first unit, so he must be doing something right. Seattle trade was just too get Lind since I drafted his brother with the picks acquired. I know he's leading the AHL in scoring its kind of a nothing trade that doesn't need to happen.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll