there's only a handful of teams that can afford him

also hes 31 not 40 also his numbers arent nearly as bad as some of you think

the last three seasons

goals he has 136 goals

next closest is
tarasenko with 116
crosby with 108

yeah hes slumping and awful he av 0.562 gpg
btw thats the most in the nhl last 3 years just for the ppg or gpg people. that even includes his off year.(2017)

points the last three season

ovechkin has 221 thats 8th overall

top player has 259

differance is 38 points over 3 years or for ppl that arent or are good at math 12.6 points less a year than the top point players in the game

players i see people think ovi is equal to

1 Pavelski goals 104 .....points 216
2 Pacioretty goals 102 .....points 198
3 carter goals 84........points 190
4 perry goals 86.........points 170
5 Toffoli goals 70.....points 141
6 kessel goals 74.......points 190 points

*****Tarasenko goals 116 points 222********
six years age difference

"the best player in hockey"
crosby vs ovi

goals

ovi 136
crosby 108

ovi 221
crosby 258

their numbers are very comparable so the difference between ovi and crosby is 37 points

so stop hes not garbage..... hes still elite ...... caps wont take your useless players that you over value for him....
Jun. 1, 2017 at 12:52 p.m.
NateElder12
if the narrative is he is declining now then using the last three years of stats don't explain anything or help your case
Jun. 1, 2017 at 12:56 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
declining would mean that his stats over the last 3 years would have separated him from the pack of elite players.....you cant say starting now hes declining bc of one bad year thats just dumb.

in that case price is declining
claude should be worth a 3rd round pick hes declining
etc see how dumb that is
Jun. 1, 2017 at 1:13 p.m.
CAPS
Ovi is decling and is making 9.5mil for the next four years!! not to mention hes a big reason why the team cant get past the second round!
Jun. 1, 2017 at 1:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I agree. The Caps GM would be stupid to trade him. I actually don't think he had a bad year, i think he had one of his best years, as this year he was playing more of an all-round game.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 1:16 p.m.
Although it's not fun for caps fans it is fun to mess around with a weird Ovi trade but the truth is you might as well throw in McDavid for dumb player while you are at it. Ovi can't be traded. If he is traded it would have to be to a team that isn a contender or he'll just retire and play in the KHL. What contenders can a) afford him or b) give up enough that it makes sense to the capitals. I'll save you the trouble it's no one.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 1:31 p.m.
redw1n9s
I stopped reading when you suggested Ovi can be compared to the best player in hockey.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 1:33 p.m.
He also does a great job of throwing away games to the pens. So yea. Lacks poise. Soemthing that isn't on a sheet Of paper.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 1:38 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: redw1n9s
I stopped reading when you suggested Ovi can be compared to the best player in hockey.

well that was at the end so you basically read the entire thing and ovi career personal stats goes hand and hand with sids......also you guys suck haha wings are terrible
Jun. 1, 2017 at 1:44 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Quoting: redw1n9s

well that was at the end so you basically read the entire thing and ovi career personal stats goes hand and hand with sids......also you guys suck haha wings are terrible

You have 0 room to talk lol. You're a caps fan, you have 0 cups and one of the worst "captains" in the league. Yea the wings sucked, but at least they've dont something in the past decade and aren't built just for the regular season.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 1:44 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: DerekMaluish
Ovi is decling and is making 9.5mil for the next four years!! not to mention hes a big reason why the team cant get past the second round!

what part of his game is declining? his goals were down this year but his assist went up. his plus minus was up his powerplay number were down but they can easily correct that next season just interested in what area he has declined...his team lost due to holtby playing awful not bc he played bad.....also the caps lost to the pens both years and if they beat the pens they are raising the cup twice instead....pens are a great team i mean any team the drafts 5 times either 1st or 2nd in year where you get fluery malkin crosby staal youll be fine....not to mention wilks does an amazing job with player development
Jun. 1, 2017 at 1:48 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Nick628

You have 0 room to talk lol. You're a caps fan, you have 0 cups and one of the worst "captains" in the league. Yea the wings sucked, but at least they've dont something in the past decade and aren't built just for the regular season.

yeah caps are one of the most winning teams in nhl history the last decade....you guys won the majority of your cup during the no cap era.......and the next decade youll be spending time missing the playoffs and just being awful.....who even is good on your team. your best dman is a guy that would have played 3rd pairing in dc hahaha scrubs enjoy you 82 game seasons for the next 10 years
Jun. 1, 2017 at 1:55 p.m.

yeah caps are one of the most winning teams in nhl history the last decade....you guys won the majority of your cup during the no cap era.......and the next decade youll be spending time missing the playoffs and just being awful.....who even is good on your team. your best dman is a guy that would have played 3rd pairing in dc hahaha scrubs enjoy you 82 game seasons for the next 10 years

Didn't know every great player was known for the regular season. Plus I'm a Hawks fan, so you know it's bad that I'm sticking up for a wings fan here.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

Didn't know every great player was known for the regular season. Plus I'm a Hawks fan, so you know it's bad that I'm sticking up for a wings fan here.

you have toews hes 10.5 million you guys wont be far behind the wings with your awful team management ......caps lost to the cup winning pens 2 years in a row this year it was in 7 games

you lost in 4 games to the preds who look like kids playing men haha yeah you also can enjoy the next ten years
Jun. 1, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
keeposhie2017
This is probably the best constructed roster I have seen. Just take the remaining 1 million of cap space and throw it at Ron Hainsey or some other vet d-man to play with Bowey on the third line, Chorney probably isn't really NHL caliber. Also you forgot to mention the fact that every time Ovi has a "bad season" he rebounds with a great one the next. I wonder when people on this site will figure out franchise cornerstones (that are coincidentally consistently high goal scorers) are not easily replaceable, especially with hit-or-miss picks and prospects.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 3:14 p.m.
If you get this wound up about a bunch of anonymous armchair GM's on the internet, please don't read the article on thn.com which discussed the Ovi trade - the returns aren't nearly as good.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/how-many-teams-could-actually-trade-for-ovechkin-right-now

*grins*
Jun. 1, 2017 at 4:15 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Okay guys, this isn't my own thinking I read this in a article:
Potential Ovechkin trade to the New York Islanders:

New York Islanders
Alex Ovechkin

Washington Capitals
Ryan Strome
Nick Leddy
Joshua Ho-Sang
Ryan Pulock
Jun. 1, 2017 at 4:16 p.m.
get ur corsi up
In my opinion, NYI is getting robbed, but I'm interested to hear what you guys think.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 5:11 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DarylthePony
In my opinion, NYI is getting robbed, but I'm interested to hear what you guys think.

I think it's not enough. Pulock is a great prospect, but other than that they're getting good pieces, but no great ones. Ho-Sang and Strome could be 2nd liners eventually, and Leddy is a 2nd pairing defenseman.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 5:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

How is he one of the worst captains in the NHL? Because he hasn't won the cup? Well in case you didn't know it's not easy to win the stanley cup.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 5:41 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

I think it's not enough. Pulock is a great prospect, but other than that they're getting good pieces, but no great ones. Ho-Sang and Strome could be 2nd liners eventually, and Leddy is a 2nd pairing defenseman.

Not good enough? Maybe your right, but none the less, Ovechkin is a dying star and no way, NYI sacrifice their future for them. Oh wait, Garth Snow's the GM, so maybe they would actually. laugh
Jun. 1, 2017 at 5:47 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Not good enough? Maybe your right, but none the less, Ovechkin is a dying star and no way, NYI sacrifice their future for them. Oh wait, Garth Snow's the GM, so maybe they would actually. laugh

Garth Snow would trade Tavares, Hamonic, Lee, and Pulock for a 4th liner, lol.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 5:56 p.m.
get ur corsi up

Don't forget the 1st round pick he'd add in.
Jun. 1, 2017 at 6:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Don't forget the 1st round pick he'd add in.

you're right. And i forgot about Hickey, De-Haan, and Leddy. He'd add another 1st rounder too. lol.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll