Published: Dec. 24, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
VAN
  1. Suzuki, Ryan
  2. 2023 1st round pick (CAR)
  3. 2024 2nd round pick (PHI)
Additional Details:
Apparently, the Canucks want a massive package in this trade. Rightfully so, his contract will be dirt cheap for the kind of player you're getting. There's no incentive he'll resign wherever he goes. He'll probably go for a cup run, then have his pick of the litter in Free Agency.
CAR
  1. Horvat, Bo ($2,250,000 retained)
Additional Details:
I don't know if the Canucks are willing to retain, but passed the deadline Horvat's contract will be next to nothing, wherever he goes it will be huge.
VAN
  1. 2023 1st round pick (DAL)
NYR
  1. Kuzmenko, Andrei
Additional Details:
Just under a PPG player making 950k. Could grab you a late first at the deadline. If you're going to embrace a rebuild, may as well move him.
VAN
  1. Kapanen, Kasperi
  2. 2023 3rd round pick (NJD)
PIT
  1. Garland, Conor
Additional Details:
Garland, being an average 50-60 point top 6 forward, hasn't really fit on the Canucks system. Might need a change in scenery. Isn't too expensive, and you know the kind of player you're getting.
VAN
  1. Rossi, Marco
Additional Details:
Minnesota fans, level with me... Is Rossi worth it? He's only 21 sure, but hasn't looked good at all at an NHL level. Would you be willing to give him a change in scenery to acquire Boeser?
MIN
  1. Boeser, Brock
Additional Details:
Send him home. Idk how the cap will work, just make it work.
VAN
  1. 2023 4th round pick (TBL)
TBL
  1. Schenn, Luke
Additional Details:
Depth D for a cup run.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$82,500,000$68,237,083$1,250,000$2,082,500$14,262,917
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$891,667$891,667 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RW, C
RFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
LW
UFA - 2
$883,750$883,750 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
G
UFA - 2
$7,260,000$7,260,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 24, 2022 at 8:12 a.m.
Lets Get Kraken
Pretty sure Canes aren’t making a move for Horvat. Horvat is very likely to be a rental, but someone like Kuzmenko would be interesting. Plus, the Canes would actually be able to sign Kuzmenko to an extension, whereas it would be unlikely with Horvat.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 8:33 a.m.
JT Miller for Hart
MINIMUM return for Schenner:
Late 3rd + C/D-tier prospect
We probably could get at least a late second for him as he is BUILT for the playoffs with all those monster hits he gives.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 8:37 a.m.
Quoting: AK50
We probably could get at least a late second for him as he is BUILT for the playoffs with all those monster hits he gives.

He is a bottom 4 shutdown D, not much better than Holl in comparison. You're not getting that much for him. The only thing keeping his value close to a 3rd is his contract.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 8:39 a.m.
JT Miller for Hart
Quoting: EvanderKanesLawyer
He is a bottom 4 shutdown D, not much better than Holl in comparison. You're not getting that much for him. The only thing keeping his value close to a 3rd is his contract.

I think he(Schenn) is way better defensively and he's been rejuvenated playing alongside Hughes. Holl could not give the hits this guy gives.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 8:58 a.m.
TB can't bring a league minimum contract off LTIR right now without opening cap space,so why are they giving up a pick for a guy who was a healthy scratch more than half the time he was here over 2 years and at best is a 7-8 defenseman? Unless you take Myers no thanks
Dec. 24, 2022 at 9:00 a.m.
Kster

I think he(Schenn) is way better defensively and he's been rejuvenated playing alongside Hughes. Holl could not give the hits this guy gives.

Not looking to get into a Leafs vs canucks thing here (frankly makes no sense to even discuss given standings) but Holl plays big minutes (PK, vs top players) on a top 5 defensive team and Schenn does the same on a bottom 5 defensive team. But Schenn is somehow better defensively 🧐 😂.
I know fans of teams heading for another missed playoffs like to pump their players up to get max return at TDL but gimme a break 😕.
Dan_the_Man liked this.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 9:01 a.m.
If I'm MN I wouldn't take Boeser for free. The cap doesn't work, he's not good enough to make the cap work, he can't stay healthy, and he doesn't play the correct style for MN's coaching staff. I think it would just turn into another Vanek/Yeo situation for MN.

Rossi is small, plays passive, and has (at best) average NHL speed. If he figures things out he can be another Zucc, if he doesn't he's another Rau. He's basically a top-6 or bust player. I had Rossi as the bust pick of the top-10 (every year the top-10 has at least 1 bust) before his draft year happened. I'm lower on him than anyone, so there is that to consider.
Ennis and NYR1983 liked this.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 9:06 a.m.
Quoting: wabit
If I'm MN I wouldn't take Boeser for free. The cap doesn't work, he's not good enough to make the cap work, he can't stay healthy, and he doesn't play the correct style for MN's coaching staff. I think it would just turn into another Vanek/Yeo situation for MN.

Rossi is small, plays passive, and has (at best) average NHL speed. If he figures things out he can be another Zucc, if he doesn't he's another Rau. He's basically a top-6 or bust player. I had Rossi as the bust pick of the top-10 (every year the top-10 has at least 1 bust) before his draft year happened. I'm lower on him than anyone, so there is that to consider.

Wow a Tomas Vanish reference.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 9:08 a.m.

Maybe, just hope Julien Briseboi isn't the one making that overpay.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 9:11 a.m.
Quoting: kster34
Not looking to get into a Leafs vs canucks thing here (frankly makes no sense to even discuss given standings) but Holl plays big minutes (PK, vs top players) on a top 5 defensive team and Schenn does the same on a bottom 5 defensive team. But Schenn is somehow better defensively 🧐 😂.
I know fans of teams heading for another missed playoffs like to pump their players up to get max return at TDL but gimme a break 😕.

Leaf fans love making everything about them when it isn't lmfao.

I used Holl as a comparison. Holl isn't good. To be completely honest with you, he's a plug. Timmins, Hollowel, Liljegren are ALL much better at the moment. You leaf fans wanted nothing to do with him in the offseason, now you'll defend him?
Schenn isn't much better than Holl, but I'm taking him over Holl any day of the week.

I'm not even a Canucks fan, but it's ironic how quick you want to bring up the playoffs? As if those have ever been good to the leafs?
Let's not throw shade at the standings, man. It'll make more sense IF you pass the first round.
remowilliams liked this.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 9:32 a.m.
Kster
Leaf fans love making everything about them when it isn't lmfao.

I used Holl as a comparison. Holl isn't good. To be completely honest with you, he's a plug. Timmins, Hollowel, Liljegren are ALL much better at the moment. You leaf fans wanted nothing to do with him in the offseason, now you'll defend him?
Schenn isn't much better than Holl, but I'm taking him over Holl any day of the week.

I'm not even a Canucks fan, but it's ironic how quick you want to bring up the playoffs? As if those have ever been good to the leafs?
Let's not throw shade at the standings, man. It'll make more sense IF you pass the first round.

You brought up the Leafs bud tears of joy . A lot of rival fans do - latent jealousy or something. Leafs are the most popular team in the league so pretty normal for fanbase that large to have variety of opinions about a variety of players. Holl (Kerfoot, Engvall) the most controversial.
Standings and defensive metrics are absolutely germane to the discussion - Holl plays difficult minutes for a top 5 team (in standings & defensive metrics) and Schenn does the same for a bottom 5 team (metrics) bottom 10 team (standings). All the metrics (team & individual) favour Holl pretty clearly but you’re entitled to your opinion as poorly informed as it is. But Hallowell 😂 - tells me you don’t watch a lot of Leaf games
We also have the evidence that Schenn played for a top team (not that long ago) & rode the pines. So maybe he’s not that good - just looks good on a bad team
And playoffs were brought up b/c fans of (likely - still more than half season to go) non playoff teams like to start pumping up their players, anticipating unreasonable hauls at TDL. You took it to another level as you’re pumping up other fan’s teams - good use of your time 👍
Dan_the_Man liked this.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 10:31 a.m.
You brought up the Leafs bud tears of joy . A lot of rival fans do - latent jealousy or something. Leafs are the most popular team in the league so pretty normal for fanbase that large to have variety of opinions about a variety of players. Holl (Kerfoot, Engvall) the most controversial.
Standings and defensive metrics are absolutely germane to the discussion - Holl plays difficult minutes for a top 5 team (in standings & defensive metrics) and Schenn does the same for a bottom 5 team (metrics) bottom 10 team (standings). All the metrics (team & individual) favour Holl pretty clearly but you’re entitled to your opinion as poorly informed as it is. But Hallowell 😂 - tells me you don’t watch a lot of Leaf games
We also have the evidence that Schenn played for a top team (not that long ago) & rode the pines. So maybe he’s not that good - just looks good on a bad team
And playoffs were brought up b/c fans of (likely - still more than half season to go) non playoff teams like to start pumping up their players, anticipating unreasonable hauls at TDL. You took it to another level as you’re pumping up other fan’s teams - good use of your time 👍

Rode the pine to the tune of a healthy scratch more than half the time. At the teams weakest position at that time.
kster34 liked this.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 10:57 a.m.

Yeah not reading that essay you just wrote.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 10:59 a.m.
Quoting: Dan_the_Man
Rode the pine to the tune of a healthy scratch more than half the time. At the teams weakest position at that time.

Gah. Replied to the wrong quote. my bad.
Dan_the_Man liked this.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.

Jealousy… for what? Being the best regular season team to never see past the first round? 😭 Come on man.

Unlike leaf fans on capfriendly, I pay attention to other teams.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 12:29 p.m.
Kster
Jealousy… for what? Being the best regular season team to never see past the first round? 😭 Come on man.

Unlike leaf fans on capfriendly, I pay attention to other teams.

Too late to get a Leafs jersey for Xmas, but plenty of time for you to order a Matthews 34 jersey in time for when we roll into your barn on Mar 26. Prob be half full with Leafs fans anyway 😎
Dec. 24, 2022 at 12:31 p.m.
Too late to get a Leafs jersey for Xmas, but plenty of time for you to order a Matthews 34 jersey in time for when we roll into your barn on Mar 26. Prob be half full with Leafs fans anyway 😎

It’ll be full of leaf fans just to watch them get spanked by tampa or boston in the first round. wouldn’t be the first time, right?

remind me how many cups the leafs have won since nashville has been in the league?… right…
Dec. 24, 2022 at 12:36 p.m.
Kster
It’ll be full of leaf fans just to watch them get spanked by tampa or boston in the first round. wouldn’t be the first time, right?

remind me how many cups the leafs have won since nashville has been in the league?… right…

Same number as predators I guess.
I got nothing against the Preds, but I get the jealousy…
Leafs are the most popular team in the league, play in the centre of the hockey universe and have been (and look to be for foreseeable future) a top 5 team with superstar talent.
Atlantic is a tough division for sure, but we’ll get the bounces in playoffs soon 🤞.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 12:38 p.m.
Same number as predators I guess.
I got nothing against the Preds, but I get the jealousy…
Leafs are the most popular team in the league, play in the centre of the hockey universe and have been (and look to be for foreseeable future) a top 5 team with superstar talent.
Atlantic is a tough division for sure, but we’ll get the bounces in playoffs soon 🤞.

Nobody is jealous brother. I promise 😭

I’ll buy a matthews jersey when his contract expires and he goes to AZ to play with bedard.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 12:40 p.m.
Kster
Nobody is jealous brother. I promise 😭

I’ll buy a matthews jersey when his contract expires and he goes to AZ to play with bedard.

Jealous & deluded tears of joy
Dec. 24, 2022 at 5:24 p.m.
If Tampa is looking at a depth RD come tdl, and Schenn is available for a 4th(I doubt that's all it will take), then Tampa says yes. Who cares if Schenn and his 800k put them over the cap, as Tampa will either move Namestnikov or Myers and free up the space. By trading Names, they'll have enough for a depth dman like Schenn and a depth bottom 6 F like Motte, Nieto or maybe Robinson.
Dec. 24, 2022 at 7:52 p.m.
Banned
Minnesota doesn't want boeser! This has already been made clear. It's weird some fans keep trying to trade him to Minnesota
Dec. 25, 2022 at 12:02 a.m.

Any chance he is insulated by a roster that Dubas put together and a system that Keefe runs? Maybe on another team/roster/system he quickly ends his career? Or do you think he’s a legit 5M player and willing to pay him that this summer?
Dec. 25, 2022 at 9:12 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Quoting: Dafa
Minnesota doesn't want boeser! This has already been made clear. It's weird some fans keep trying to trade him to Minnesota

It's not any weirder than you continuing to make new accounts after your previous one gets banned. Some people just can't take the hint and give up. lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll