RW, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW
UFA - 3
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
RFA - 1
$1,825,000$1,825,000
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$878,333$878,333 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, C
RFA - 3
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 9, 2023 at 11:00 a.m.
Leafs decline, Liljegren has become extremely valuable to this d core, especially with a cap hit of only 1.4 million
Jan. 9, 2023 at 11:04 a.m.
1. The Leafs won't be moving Liligren. A total non- starter. Has come into his own, getting better and very much part of the team's future.

2. If Arizona passed on Vrana on waivers, why do you think Minny will flip picks for the guy? Even with retention. 31 teams passed on him...... and Arizona, Anaheim or Chicago could have grabbed him for free with the same idea......

3. The Suter deal is interesting...... but I would think the Flames would be looking for more offensive impact. That being said, 100% fits their system.

4. The Bolts blueline is very set. They would be looking for a top 9 winger before blueline help.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 11:04 a.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
yuck, no
IDKtbh and Billy12Bob liked this.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 11:23 a.m.
Quoting: swinny
1. The Leafs won't be moving Liligren. A total non- starter. Has come into his own, getting better and very much part of the team's future.

2. If Arizona passed on Vrana on waivers, why do you think Minny will flip picks for the guy? Even with retention. 31 teams passed on him...... and Arizona, Anaheim or Chicago could have grabbed him for free with the same idea......

3. The Suter deal is interesting...... but I would think the Flames would be looking for more offensive impact. That being said, 100% fits their system.

4. The Bolts blueline is very set. They would be looking for a top 9 winger before blueline help.

1. Liljegren probably isn't being moved, but don't act as if he's some untouchable piece. He's not.

2. Vrana was waived last week. This is a trade that could potentially happen in 7 weeks. Lots of time to regain that trade value. If Vrana steps back into the Red Wings lineup at some point and continues to produce near a point per game, a team most definitely will give up assets for him at the trade deadline, especially at a significantly reduced cap hit.

4. Tampa's blueline is far from "very set". They will definitely add a defenseman at the deadline, and Maatta would be a great fit.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 11:26 a.m.
Quoting: DeadWingsv2
yuck, no

What exactly is "yuck"? This team should be selling big prior to the deadline. They're nowhere close to competing for a playoff spot. This is the year to tank for a top pick, and maybe the lottery balls finally fall in the Red Wings favor.
IDKtbh liked this.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 11:29 a.m.
mokumboi
I'll believe the Blues are buyers when I see it.
aktobos71 and IDKtbh liked this.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: kerism

1. Liljegren probably isn't being moved, but don't act as if he's some untouchable piece. He's not.

Well, sure as hell not moving him for a rental. Try again.

2. Vrana was waived last week. This is a trade that could potentially happen in 7 weeks. Lots of time to regain that trade value. If Vrana steps back into the Red Wings lineup at some point and continues to produce near a point per game, a team most definitely will give up assets for him at the trade deadline, especially at a significantly reduced cap hit.

Perhaps..... but I feel that risk is one Anaheim or Arizona could afford to make with all that cap space they have. Why did Stevey waive him and not assigned him for a conditioning stint?

Vrana can play, I don't dispute that. I am more thinking there is a whole lot more to this story than we know. You tell me why they passed in Vrana for nothing?

4. Tampa's blueline is far from "very set". They will definitely add a defenseman at the deadline, and Maatta would be a great fit

As it sits right now, I see it set. Your current #7 D is Foote. #8 is Fleury.

Out of Sergachev, Cole and Hedman, Cernak, Perbix and Bogosian, who does he upgrade so much to move a 2nd?

Barking up the wrong tree in Tampa bud.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 12:10 p.m.
Quoting: swinny

2. Perhaps..... but I feel that risk is one Anaheim or Arizona could afford to make with all that cap space they have. Why did Stevey waive him and not assigned him for a conditioning stint?

Vrana can play, I don't dispute that. I am more thinking there is a whole lot more to this story than we know. You tell me why they passed in Vrana for nothing?

4. As it sits right now, I see it set. Your current #7 D is Foote. #8 is Fleury.

Out of Sergachev, Cole and Hedman, Cernak, Perbix and Bogosian, who does he upgrade so much to move a 2nd?

Barking up the wrong tree in Tampa bud.

2. There was, and still is too much risk / uncertainty attached to Vrana. That likely won't be the case by March. There were only a handful of teams that could fit Vrana under the cap, and some of those teams have an internal cap. Yes, there is a lot more to this story than we know, but I think some (not all) of it will come to light in the coming weeks/months.

4. The only defensemen Maatta would definitively be behind on the Lightning depth chart are Hedman and Sergachev. The rest he's on par with or better than. Even if you think Maatta would be the team's 6th or 7th best defenseman (you'd be wrong), that's still worth a 2nd round pick to a team that's looking to go on another deep playoff run. Team's need depth for inevitable injuries.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 12:19 p.m.
Banned
This is so unreasonable and unrealistic. Nobody Especially Minnesota is taking on Joe, a player with character issues and winger they don't need..reeves isn't a cap dump And nobody is giving you anything for a player they didn't want on waivers
Jan. 9, 2023 at 12:20 p.m.
Banned

4. Tampa's blueline is far from "very set". They will definitely add a defenseman at the deadline, and Maatta would be a great fit.

Minnesota is the last team needing a winger. Wild aren't trading or dumping reeves. Maybe you should trade him to another team instead of one stacked with winger and Guerin as gm
Jan. 9, 2023 at 12:28 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
What exactly is "yuck"? This team should be selling big prior to the deadline. They're nowhere close to competing for a playoff spot. This is the year to tank for a top pick, and maybe the lottery balls finally fall in the Red Wings favor.

Yes, they should be selling... for good returns. Those are poor returns on every trade except the Maata deal and even that, Detroit should be extending Maata, not moving him.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 12:32 p.m.
Quoting: Dafa
Minnesota is the last team needing a winger. Wild aren't trading or dumping reeves. Maybe you should trade him to another team instead of one stacked with winger and Guerin as gm

This is fair. I think the value is pretty close, but have no idea if Minnesota would be a good fit.
I basically just picked a playoff team with cap space, not really digging too deep into team needs.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 12:38 p.m.
Yes, they should be selling... for good returns. Those are poor returns on every trade except the Maata deal and even that, Detroit should be extending Maata, not moving him.

So, you want good returns for bad players, but don't want to trade one of the few valuable trade chips. Got it.

Bertuzzi is the only other player that could be traded for a good return, and Leafs fans seem to think he's not even worth a middle pair defenseman.

If you're expecting to get anything more than a mid-late round pick for Suter, Sundqvist, Erne, etc. you're going to be sorely disappointed come trade deadline.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 12:46 p.m.

He’s a Top 4 D-man making 1.4 & is an RFA. He is most definitely close to being untouchable in a trade unless it’s a massive overpay not a Rental. Simple as that

Also why wouldn’t the Leafs just trade Kerf 50% for the 2nd & then use that along with other pieces to get a better winger then Bert
Jan. 9, 2023 at 12:49 p.m.
The leafs trade doesn't make sense for the leafs. They aren't trading liljegren. A package that would make sense for the wings is the leafs 2023 1st and Minton.
Don't see how Edmonton can afford the cap on that trade.
Selling low on suter, Lindstrom and sunny in my opinion.
Vrana is not getting moved this season and wrong team for maatta
IDKtbh, DeadWingsv2 and Billy12Bob liked this.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 12:51 p.m.
Stats Are For Losers
Bertuzzi should net us at least a 1st round pick.

Sunny & Maatta should net at least a 2nd round pick each.

You have us getting a 4th round pick for Sunny and threw in Lindstrom for the hell of it. That’s probably the worst trade you have on here. I wouldn’t even trade Lindstrom alone for a 4th, let alone what you’ve got here.

If we move Maatta it’ll be at least for a 2nd which you have here but it will certainly be a 2023 pick, not 2024.

Suter is not worth much but he’s definitely worth more than a 6th.

Minnesota is not giving up a 1st round pick for Vrana; nobody is. He may very well be traded at some point but it likely won’t be this year and it won’t be for that if it is. Also, Minnesota would like to add a Center, not a Winger.
DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 12:52 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
So, you want good returns for bad players, but don't want to trade one of the few valuable trade chips. Got it.

Bertuzzi is the only other player that could be traded for a good return, and Leafs fans seem to think he's not even worth a middle pair defenseman.

If you're expecting to get anything more than a mid-late round pick for Suter, Sundqvist, Erne, etc. you're going to be sorely disappointed come trade deadline.

Nope, I don't expect to get more than players are worth, I expect not to get dog**** picks that aren't even worth acquiring, while giving away assets for less than they're worth
- Leafs fans are delusional. Using their values as a basis is like using the opinion of a flat-earther's view on land curvature. Bert will return at LEAST 1 A+/A level asset and at least one additional A/A- level asset as a rental. If an extension is part of the deal, even more. Kerfoot is a cap dump, Liljegren would be buried on the depth chart behind Seider and Hronek and makes ZERO sense here (nor do I think Toronto would be willing to move him, so the fit makes even less sense) and a 3rd is an average asset at best. Toronto is HIGHLY unlikely to be a trade partner for Bertuzzi, as they are unlikely to pay what he would cost.
- Might as well just keep Suter down the stretch, rather than get a garbage 6th.
- There is zero incentive to trade Lindstrom, so adding him to that trade makes no sense. I actually don't have an issue with a 4th for Sunny straight up, but wouldn't be surprised if he returned a 3rd alone.
- Edmonton deal never even happens. Value on that one is actually fine, but basis is flawed.
- Vrana deal makes zero sense, both ways. Detroit is selling low and he's not a fit in Minnesota, especially with retaining for a season+. The gamble of holding onto him with hopes that his stock goes up is the right course of action. It's a gamble worth taking.

They should be looking to move Erne for a late pick and possibly Walman for a mid pick if they can't work out an extension.

Your proposed trades are just bad asset management.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:34 p.m.
Quoting: Lancebmx
The leafs trade doesn't make sense for the leafs. They aren't trading liljegren. A package that would make sense for the wings is the leafs 2023 1st and Minton.

Fair. I'd make this trade.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:38 p.m.
Quoting: IDKtbh
Bertuzzi should net us at least a 1st round pick.

Sunny & Maatta should net at least a 2nd round pick each.

You have us getting a 4th round pick for Sunny and threw in Lindstrom for the hell of it. That’s probably the worst trade you have on here. I wouldn’t even trade Lindstrom alone for a 4th, let alone what you’ve got here.

If we move Maatta it’ll be at least for a 2nd which you have here but it will certainly be a 2023 pick, not 2024.

Suter is not worth much but he’s definitely worth more than a 6th.

Minnesota is not giving up a 1st round pick for Vrana; nobody is. He may very well be traded at some point but it likely won’t be this year and it won’t be for that if it is. Also, Minnesota would like to add a Center, not a Winger.

Liljegren is worth *more than* a late 1st round pick, so yes, you're right *at least* a 1st round pick.

You're massively overvaluing Sundqvist. No team is paying a 2nd round pick for Sunny. A 4th may be generous.

Suter with salary retained may be worth more than a 6th, but at $3.25M, we'd be lucky to get that.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:44 p.m.
Nope, I don't expect to get more than players are worth, I expect not to get dog**** picks that aren't even worth acquiring, while giving away assets for less than they're worth
- Leafs fans are delusional. Using their values as a basis is like using the opinion of a flat-earther's view on land curvature. Bert will return at LEAST 1 A+/A level asset and at least one additional A/A- level asset as a rental. If an extension is part of the deal, even more. Kerfoot is a cap dump, Liljegren would be buried on the depth chart behind Seider and Hronek and makes ZERO sense here (nor do I think Toronto would be willing to move him, so the fit makes even less sense) and a 3rd is an average asset at best. Toronto is HIGHLY unlikely to be a trade partner for Bertuzzi, as they are unlikely to pay what he would cost.
- Might as well just keep Suter down the stretch, rather than get a garbage 6th.
- There is zero incentive to trade Lindstrom, so adding him to that trade makes no sense. I actually don't have an issue with a 4th for Sunny straight up, but wouldn't be surprised if he returned a 3rd alone.
- Edmonton deal never even happens. Value on that one is actually fine, but basis is flawed.
- Vrana deal makes zero sense, both ways. Detroit is selling low and he's not a fit in Minnesota, especially with retaining for a season+. The gamble of holding onto him with hopes that his stock goes up is the right course of action. It's a gamble worth taking.

They should be looking to move Erne for a late pick and possibly Walman for a mid pick if they can't work out an extension.

Your proposed trades are just bad asset management.

If you're a seller you should sell, even if it's for "dog sh*t picks. Get what you can for the dog sh*t players while you can.

I hope you're right on Bertuzzi, but I don't see Yzerman getting full value because of all of the injuries.

I tend to agree on Vrana. However, if he goes back up to Detroit, and goes on another heater, there will be teams calling, and Yzerman will definitely be listening.

You see ZERO incentive to trade Lindstrom, who is regularly a healthy scratch, but want to trade Walman, who has been one of our better left-handed defensemen, and currently on the top pair with Seider?
Jan. 9, 2023 at 1:55 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
If you're a seller you should sell, even if it's for "dog sh*t picks. Get what you can for the dog sh*t players while you can.

I hope you're right on Bertuzzi, but I don't see Yzerman getting full value because of all of the injuries.

I tend to agree on Vrana. However, if he goes back up to Detroit, and goes on another heater, there will be teams calling, and Yzerman will definitely be listening.

You see ZERO incentive to trade Lindstrom, who is regularly a healthy scratch, but want to trade Walman, who has been one of our better left-handed defensemen, and currently on the top pair with Seider?

Suter is not a dogsh*t player, at all. Depth centers have REAL value.

Bertuzzi's injuries this season have been fluke hand injuries, those will not diminish his value at all. They are not knee, shoulder, etc injuries - the back injury is a distant memory after no issues since the surgery and a career year last season.

Lindstrom is a young RHD, who is an RFA with team control, that fits PERFECT on the 3rd pair. He is what he is. Walman, will be a UFA and keeps running up his value more and more every day. With Chairot signed for 3 more years and Edvinsson, Wallinder kicking the door in and Johansson AND Buium knocking very loudly for LHD spots on this roster, we can't keep everyone. Walman probably has the best chance at a decent return.
Billy12Bob liked this.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 2:15 p.m.
Suter is not a dogsh*t player, at all. Depth centers have REAL value.

Bertuzzi's injuries this season have been fluke hand injuries, those will not diminish his value at all. They are not knee, shoulder, etc injuries - the back injury is a distant memory after no issues since the surgery and a career year last season.

Lindstrom is a young RHD, who is an RFA with team control, that fits PERFECT on the 3rd pair. He is what he is. Walman, will be a UFA and keeps running up his value more and more every day. With Chairot signed for 3 more years and Edvinsson, Wallinder kicking the door in and Johansson AND Buium knocking very loudly for LHD spots on this roster, we can't keep everyone. Walman probably has the best chance at a decent return.

Disagree on Suter. He's a bottom six forward, on a bottom quarter team, making $3.25M, on pace for 24 points. Maybe Yzerman gets a 5th if he's lucky.

No argument on the severity of Bertuzzi's injuries, but regardless, he has been injury prone.
He's going to need to get back in the lineup tomorrow and stay healthy the next 23 games to get his value back up to where it was / should be.

Edvinsson is a lock. Of Wallinder, Johansson, Buium, *maybe* one of them make it, but there's still a long way to go for all three.
I'd be open to trading Walman, much like most players on this team. I just found it funny you're so against trading Lindstrom.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 2:36 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
Disagree on Suter. He's a bottom six forward, on a bottom quarter team, making $3.25M, on pace for 24 points. Maybe Yzerman gets a 5th if he's lucky.

No argument on the severity of Bertuzzi's injuries, but regardless, he has been injury prone.
He's going to need to get back in the lineup tomorrow and stay healthy the next 23 games to get his value back up to where it was / should be.

Edvinsson is a lock. Of Wallinder, Johansson, Buium, *maybe* one of them make it, but there's still a long way to go for all three.
I'd be open to trading Walman, much like most players on this team. I just found it funny you're so against trading Lindstrom.

If all they can get is a 6th, unless the player WANTS to be traded for a better chance, we're better off keeping Suter and having the warm body down the middle. I'm not saying he's worth a 2nd or anything crazy, but he can easily return a C+ asset.

I'm not against trading Lindstrom, I'm against giving him away for nothing, when he fills a role... and cheaply at that.
Billy12Bob liked this.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 4:45 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid

Also, have you watched what Wallinder is doing this season, not to mention how he looked in camp? He might end up being better than Edvinsson.

I would not bet against Wallinder making this team out of camp next season.
Billy12Bob liked this.
Jan. 9, 2023 at 6:51 p.m.
Also, have you watched what Wallinder is doing this season, not to mention how he looked in camp? He might end up being better than Edvinsson.

I would not bet against Wallinder making this team out of camp next season.

Wallinder is outperforming both Edvinsson and Seider in SHL this season.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll