NMC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $9,850,000$9,850,000
    C, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $5,500,000$5,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $7,750,000$7,750,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 4
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $2,900,000$2,900,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $3,150,000$3,150,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $1,050,000$1,050,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C, RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
    RW
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $894,167$894,167
    C
    RFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $8,450,000$8,450,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 7
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $1,850,000$1,850,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    G
    RFA - 3
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $5,800,000$5,800,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $3,650,000$3,650,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Dallas Stars
    $750,000$750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 3:43 p.m.
    Are you crazy???
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 3:44 p.m.
    Seiders on the Storm
    Detroit will take him. 😁
    Steven_Stamkos liked this.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 3:49 p.m.
    Cody
    Quoting: Stammer_Time91
    Are you crazy???

Quoting: MoreHitzSeider
    Detroit will take him. 😁

He is horrible. Watch him play and get back to me on that
    Goofie liked this.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 3:49 p.m.
    Cody
    Detroit will take him. 😁

Also, for the love of god please to. I’ll take future considerations
    Goofie liked this.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 3:51 p.m.
    Seiders on the Storm
    Quoting: Francez
    Also, for the love of god please to. I’ll take future considerations

I'm calling Jimmy Nill right now.
    Francez liked this.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 3:52 p.m.

I've watched him play, thats why I made the comment. He's a very strong defensive defenseman on a beauty of a contract. This feels very reactionary because he was on the ice for Cirelli's second goal. You'd be unwise to trade a guy like that away from this Dallas team
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 3:55 p.m.
    Cody
    Quoting: Stammer_Time91
    I've watched him play, thats why I made the comment. He's a very strong defensive defenseman on a beauty of a contract. This feels very reactionary because he was on the ice for Cirelli's second goal. You'd be unwise to trade a guy like that away from this Dallas team

No dude. He is legitimately awful. The eye test and advance stats lineup. What he did on the Tampa GWG is stuff he does every game. Rewatch that goal and look what he’s doing. That happens all the time. He’s a big RHD good on the PK and that’s literally it
    Goofie liked this.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 3:56 p.m.
    Seiders on the Storm

Tampa has lots of experience making defensemen look bad. It doesn't mean Hakanpaa is bad. Because he isn't. All Defensemen make mistakes. What are you expecting for 1.5 mil anyway? Hedman?
    Steven_Stamkos liked this.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 3:58 p.m.
    Cody
    Tampa has lots of experience making defensemen look bad. It doesn't mean Hakanpaa is bad. Because he isn't. All Defensemen make mistakes. What are you expecting for 1.5 mil anyway? Hedman?

I’m expecting him not to get burned every single game and not get exposed as a 3rd pair guy. He looks silly EVERYGAME. It’s not just this one instance. It’s multiple times. He did the exact same thing against San Jose a bit ago. It’s a common theme
    Goofie liked this.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
    Seiders on the Storm
    I’m expecting him not to get burned every single game and not get exposed as a 3rd pair guy. He looks silly EVERYGAME. It’s not just this one instance. It’s multiple times. He did the exact same thing against San Jose a bit ago. It’s a common theme

Well send him to Detroit. I'll certainly take Hakanpaa over Lindstrom, Oesterle or Hagg.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 4:01 p.m.
    Cody
    Well send him to Detroit. I'll certainly take Hakanpaa over Lindstrom, Oesterle or Hagg.

Gladly. Done deal
    Goofie liked this.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 8:24 p.m.
    For what it’s worth I agree with you. The good news is that, based on these comments, Nill could fleece a GM out there and get good value in return.

Glendening is the next one that should be sent anywhere for anything.
    SlevinKalevra liked this.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 9:51 p.m.
    Hakanpaa is good for his role. If you expect him to be anymore than a bottom pairing D, with a RH shot, and plays PK...I really dont know what you are looking for. If anyone needs to go on the Stars, it's Ryan Suter. Hakanpaa isnt the issues in the Stars blue line.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 10:25 p.m.
    Quoting: pgreenfield
    Hakanpaa is good for his role. If you expect him to be anymore than a bottom pairing D, with a RH shot, and plays PK...I really dont know what you are looking for. If anyone needs to go on the Stars, it's Ryan Suter. Hakanpaa isnt the issues in the Stars blue line.

Both guys have been rough at times but Suter hasn’t been nearly as bad as Hakanpaa. Problem is they’re both ideal on the third pair but they’re trash together. They’re also still developing Nils. So if your best third pair is Suter and Nils (it is). Then that puts Hakanpaa in the top four. Where he gets torched every other shift. So if they’re looking to upgrade the defense then Hakanpaa needs to be the odd man out and it isn’t a difficult decision. I’m just glad they stopped scratching Miller who is better than Suter and Hakanpaa and it isn’t close. If you add somebody and don’t trade Hakanpaa then Nils will be out of the lineup and you’ve completely wasted assets. Just like adding a forward and keeping Glendening
    Goofie and Francez liked this.
    Feb. 11, 2023 at 10:38 p.m.
    Jinx god
    Honestly I don’t mind either Suter or Hakanpaa most of the time (sometimes I want to kill both), but their ice time should be reduced, and when there’s 3-5 minutes left in the game, for god’s sake don’t play them.
    Goofie and Francez liked this.
    Feb. 12, 2023 at 10:22 a.m.
    Quoting: SlevinKalevra
    Both guys have been rough at times but Suter hasn’t been nearly as bad as Hakanpaa. Problem is they’re both ideal on the third pair but they’re trash together. They’re also still developing Nils. So if your best third pair is Suter and Nils (it is). Then that puts Hakanpaa in the top four. Where he gets torched every other shift. So if they’re looking to upgrade the defense then Hakanpaa needs to be the odd man out and it isn’t a difficult decision. I’m just glad they stopped scratching Miller who is better than Suter and Hakanpaa and it isn’t close. If you add somebody and don’t trade Hakanpaa then Nils will be out of the lineup and you’ve completely wasted assets. Just like adding a forward and keeping Glendening

IMO, it’s no coincidence that our troubles started when PDB sitted Nils and Miller in order to play more Suter and Hakanpaa in the last minutes of the game.

He also played Glendening with Faksa instead of continuing to roll his lines.

Playing more of those guys against a team like TB is giving them free OZ time.
    Feb. 12, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
    Cody
    Quoting: SlevinKalevra

Quoting: EsoYeezus69
    Honestly I don’t mind either Suter or Hakanpaa most of the time (sometimes I want to kill both), but their ice time should be reduced, and when there’s 3-5 minutes left in the game, for god’s sake don’t play them.

I’ve already stated my Suter opinion a thousand times so I won’t go there lmao but agreed Hakanpaa has been downright brutal. I’ve never understood the scratching of Miller unless it’s just for rest. He’s been stellar so far in my eyes, and that’s maybe because I wasn’t expecting a whole lot from him but he really does look like the Colin Miller of old. Great find by Jim Nill. I wonder if there’s a Hakanpaa/Schenn trade between Vancouver and Dallas. Vancouver likely shows interest because Hakanpaa is younger, a big RHD and good PK guy which is something Vancouver is desperately missing
    Goofie liked this.
    Feb. 12, 2023 at 11:18 a.m.
    Cody

He is horrible for his role. What I expect out of number 6 guys is like what the Stars get from Joel Hanley. Isn’t great, isn’t horrible, just doesn’t get exposed every 2nd shift. You don’t notice Hanley when he plays which is great
    Goofie liked this.
    Feb. 13, 2023 at 3:33 p.m.
    I think all my fellow Stars need to take a chill pill here. We're first in the west. Every team has its opportunities. For you guys to actively get so upset over our Bottom 2/4 defensemen make me feel really good about where this team is at. Trading away Hakanpaa or Suter right now would make our team worse, not better.

Anyways, if you dive deep into the analytics/player models that are out there, Hakanpaa is above league average in defensive metrics according to Dom @ the Athletic, and J Fresh has him at 79% WAR defensively. He is also a key penalty killer. Until you guys all provide better options at either a cheaper cap hit, players that can be plugged in without giving up future assets, I am struggling to understand all of your frustration.
    Feb. 13, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
    I’ve already stated my Suter opinion a thousand times so I won’t go there lmao but agreed Hakanpaa has been downright brutal. I’ve never understood the scratching of Miller unless it’s just for rest. He’s been stellar so far in my eyes, and that’s maybe because I wasn’t expecting a whole lot from him but he really does look like the Colin Miller of old. Great find by Jim Nill. I wonder if there’s a Hakanpaa/Schenn trade between Vancouver and Dallas. Vancouver likely shows interest because Hakanpaa is younger, a big RHD and good PK guy which is something Vancouver is desperately missing

You're last sentence is quite literally how Hakanpaa provides value to the Stars. What other RH defenseman can do that in our organization, and at the Cap Hit Hakanpaa provides?
    Feb. 15, 2023 at 9:18 a.m.
    Cody
    You're last sentence is quite literally how Hakanpaa provides value to the Stars. What other RH defenseman can do that in our organization, and at the Cap Hit Hakanpaa provides?

Because Vancouver is beyond desperate for defensemen. Who’s their 2nd best dman right now? Schenn? Bear? They desperately need someone who can play RHD and PK, and also need someone with size while dalllas really doesn’t. He’s more of a liability here than not
    Feb. 15, 2023 at 9:54 a.m.
    I doubt the Wild and Stars help each other out but I would trade Dumba for Hakanpaa and we would retain half of Dumba's contract for a 3rd?
    Feb. 15, 2023 at 12:09 p.m.
    Because Vancouver is beyond desperate for defensemen. Who’s their 2nd best dman right now? Schenn? Bear? They desperately need someone who can play RHD and PK, and also need someone with size while dalllas really doesn’t. He’s more of a liability here than not

We'll agree to disagree, because according to multiple analytics sites, he is not a liability, and provides surplus value to his cap hit and his role. He is not a liability in my eyes, he's a solid stay at home defenseman who plays key PK minutes for a top PK team in the league. Not much more you can ask for in my opinion. Not everyone can be Miro Heiskanen or Esa Lindell.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll