$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$863,333$863,333
LW
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
RW, C
UFA - 1
$827,500$827,500
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 4
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:13 p.m.
Ducks decline, Henrique is scoring at the same pace 5v5 as Horvat over the past 3 years

He can play anywhere up and down the lineup at C and LW, PK, PP, leadership, proven winner at multiple levels (OHL, Mem Cup, WJC Silver, WHC Gold), stanley cup final experience.

Henrique without half a season of retention is the definition of a player that gets a 1st at the deadline, now add on a year and a half retention and Kulikov to that.

Kylington doesnt have any value, who knows when hes gonna play again. Ruzicka is a nice piece that might interest Verbeek but he isnt a main piece for Rico

Rico for the 2023 1st and Ruzicka gets it done, then a 2nd or 3rd (depending on demand) for Kulikov. And those prices might go up if Verbeek wants to put an in-division tax on top
OldNYIfan and TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:14 p.m.
TrevorA
Good Trade for ANA, Terrible Trade for the Flames
Feb. 14, 2023 at 3:24 p.m.
Quoting: Salzy
Ducks decline, Henrique is scoring at the same pace 5v5 as Horvat over the past 3 years

He can play anywhere up and down the lineup at C and LW, PK, PP, leadership, proven winner at multiple levels (OHL, Mem Cup, WJC Silver, WHC Gold), stanley cup final experience.

Henrique without half a season of retention is the definition of a player that gets a 1st at the deadline, now add on a year and a half retention and Kulikov to that.

Kylington doesnt have any value, who knows when hes gonna play again. Ruzicka is a nice piece that might interest Verbeek but he isnt a main piece for Rico

Rico for the 2023 1st and Ruzicka gets it done, then a 2nd or 3rd (depending on demand) for Kulikov. And those prices might go up if Verbeek wants to put an in-division tax on top

I'm all over Ruzicka + a 2nd and 3rd, Calgary should be holding onto that 2023 1st round pick for dear life though at this point. Henrique could be a perfect acquisition for a ton of teams out there, similar to the Coleman/Goodrow trades that Tampa made before their cup. Kulikov was a bit of a luxury add in this deal, to get Henrique I would take him out and look at other 3rd pairing options if need be.

Kylington was more or less to make the cap work next season, value is low but could be a good low cost acquisition for a team out there if he plays next season, waaaayyy too many unknowns to move at the deadline I think. Just spitballing here!
OldNYIfan and TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 4:22 p.m.
LosPatos
Quoting: KingofRnR
Good Trade for ANA, Terrible Trade for the Flames

Anaheim is trading Henrique and Kulikov for two players at positions we are not in need. Its a bad deal for both sides
Feb. 14, 2023 at 4:48 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: LosPatos
Anaheim is trading Henrique and Kulikov for two players at positions we are not in need. Its a bad deal for both sides

I don't mind Henrique and I'm happy he's playing good again, but he's not exactly the most consistent or reliable player; he hasn't completed a full season in 2018-19. Dube with his Speed and Forechecking are the better fit with Lindholm & Toffoli. Dube's on fire on this line with 5G + 5A = 10PTS in his last 10GP and 3G + 4A = 7PTS in his last 5GP and has been setting up Toffoli who has increased his Goal Scoring as a result. Ruzicka was putting up 0.80PPG when he was playing with Lindholm & Toffoli too, so to move either Dube or Ruzicka would just be plain dumb. They'll both produce more than Henrique and will continue to improve, whereas the same can't be said for Henrique who's getting up there in age

Sorry, but Kulikov is pure garbage. He's on his 6th Team and was given to ANA for free for a reason. There's better and much cheaper options out there than Kulikov. Shattenkirk I'd be interested in though
Feb. 14, 2023 at 6:11 p.m.
I don't mind Henrique and I'm happy he's playing good again, but he's not exactly the most consistent or reliable player; he hasn't completed a full season in 2018-19. Dube with his Speed and Forechecking are the better fit with Lindholm & Toffoli. Dube's on fire on this line with 5G + 5A = 10PTS in his last 10GP and 3G + 4A = 7PTS in his last 5GP and has been setting up Toffoli who has increased his Goal Scoring as a result. Ruzicka was putting up 0.80PPG when he was playing with Lindholm & Toffoli too, so to move either Dube or Ruzicka would just be plain dumb. They'll both produce more than Henrique and will continue to improve, whereas the same can't be said for Henrique who's getting up there in age

Sorry, but Kulikov is pure garbage. He's on his 6th Team and was given to ANA for free for a reason. There's better and much cheaper options out there than Kulikov. Shattenkirk I'd be interested in though

You explained why it's presumably not a good deal for Calgary, which I get, you have more knowledge on team structure, specific players, etc. But that doesn't make this trade good for Anaheim. Kulikov isn't great but knowing NHL GMs, he'd still fetch a low 3rd. And a mid-to-low 2nd + a player that probably won't have a large impact + a good young player in Ruzicka isn't quite the value the Ducks will want for Henrique + 50% retention. It should start with a (low) 1st.
LosPatos liked this.
Feb. 14, 2023 at 6:28 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: TZ11
You explained why it's presumably not a good deal for Calgary, which I get, you have more knowledge on team structure, specific players, etc. But that doesn't make this trade good for Anaheim. Kulikov isn't great but knowing NHL GMs, he'd still fetch a low 3rd. And a mid-to-low 2nd + a player that probably won't have a large impact + a good young player in Ruzicka isn't quite the value the Ducks will want for Henrique + 50% retention. It should start with a (low) 1st.

My main concern and objective is improving my Flames, but to answer your question, Ruzicka & Kylington are two young players who have shown flashes of brilliance and are just heading in to their primes.

Ruzicka can play any forward position, but I’d recommend he be used in the Top-9 and on the PP. He’s a Playmaker who can also Score with above average = ideal size for the NHL. He’s not very Physical and doesn’t Kill Penalties so he’s not well suited for Checking or Defensive assignments

Kylington just had a breakout season last year, proving he can be a Top-4 NHL D-Man. His Speed, Stick Checking and Puck Moving Skills are Top Notch and he likes to jump in to the play in the O-Zone so will put up 9-10+ Goals a Season. He does make some gafs still from time to time and we wish he was bigger and stronger, but overall he’s very good.

Nobody really knows for sure what the issue is or why Kylington’s out, but it’s supposedly not substance abuse or injury related. Again, he’s young and should be back next season. He would be ANA’s 1-2 D-Man, even possibly beating Fowler for the 1LD spot, otherwise 2LD for sure like he was with the Flames last season. If he returns to his former self next season, he’s the perfect candidate for a long term contract on a rebuilding team. Both guys are

Two good Draft Picks are always desires for rebuilding teams as well

Again, CGY won’t move Kylington & Ruzicka for essentially rentals. The guy and his idea/proposal to so is simply dumb.

I hope ANA gets good assets for Kulikov, but Henrique probably doesn’t get moved until the off-season or next years TDL, since he still has another year of term and a relatively expensive cap hit
Feb. 15, 2023 at 3:43 a.m.
LosPatos
Quoting: TZ11

Plus the fact the Ducks would be hesitant to trade to a Division rival.
TZ11 liked this.
Feb. 15, 2023 at 10:48 a.m.
My main concern and objective is improving my Flames, but to answer your question, Ruzicka & Kylington are two young players who have shown flashes of brilliance and are just heading in to their primes.

Ruzicka can play any forward position, but I’d recommend he be used in the Top-9 and on the PP. He’s a Playmaker who can also Score with above average = ideal size for the NHL. He’s not very Physical and doesn’t Kill Penalties so he’s not well suited for Checking or Defensive assignments

Kylington just had a breakout season last year, proving he can be a Top-4 NHL D-Man. His Speed, Stick Checking and Puck Moving Skills are Top Notch and he likes to jump in to the play in the O-Zone so will put up 9-10+ Goals a Season. He does make some gafs still from time to time and we wish he was bigger and stronger, but overall he’s very good.

Nobody really knows for sure what the issue is or why Kylington’s out, but it’s supposedly not substance abuse or injury related. Again, he’s young and should be back next season. He would be ANA’s 1-2 D-Man, even possibly beating Fowler for the 1LD spot, otherwise 2LD for sure like he was with the Flames last season. If he returns to his former self next season, he’s the perfect candidate for a long term contract on a rebuilding team. Both guys are

Two good Draft Picks are always desires for rebuilding teams as well

Again, CGY won’t move Kylington & Ruzicka for essentially rentals. The guy and his idea/proposal to so is simply dumb.

I hope ANA gets good assets for Kulikov, but Henrique probably doesn’t get moved until the off-season or next years TDL, since he still has another year of term and a relatively expensive cap hit

Kylington value isn't really high at this point though. And the Ducks would for sure play Fowler ahead of him, mainly for Drysdale to have a veteran D-partner. And I'd play Zellweger ahead of him too, he's NHL-ready. And depending on how Mintyukov looks in camp, he might just be too and he'd be put into the lineup ahead of Kylington too.

As I said, Ruzicka is a good young player and adding him would be a good idea imo.

The draft picks are solid pieces but they won't be very high and I'd say the 3rd is for Kulikov in this scenario.

Henrique's AAV is pretty high but the Ducks would definitely retain 50% imo, they have more than enough cap space for that.

But I agree, I don't think CGY is the best destination for Henrique.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll