Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,687,500$4,687,500
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 22, 2023 at 4:39 p.m.
why are we giving up a 1st and our best defensive prospect for a guy who won't make our lineup and a guy who should be on our 4th line?
Feb. 22, 2023 at 4:45 p.m.
please no
Feb. 22, 2023 at 4:58 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
A late 1st in 2024 is not enough for Savard
Andy_Dick liked this.
Feb. 22, 2023 at 4:59 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Quoting: leafs_and_devils
why are we giving up a 1st and our best defensive prospect for a guy who won't make our lineup and a guy who should be on our 4th line?

Well this may be a tad much, but Laughton is on pace for 50 Points so saying he's a 4th liner on the leafs is just wrong. He also plays all situation. Anyways Flyers arent dealing him he's their heart and soul plays hard. Only guy with a letter this year too. It would have to be an overpay for the Flyers to say yes.
Feb. 22, 2023 at 5:51 p.m.
Savard hasnt been good in years, and this year especially he's been putrid. At his cap hit and term he isnt worth anything remotly good and he doesnt make the leafs better.
That's also a hell of a lot for Laughton
Feb. 22, 2023 at 5:52 p.m.
Quoting: VladislavTretiak
A late 1st in 2024 is not enough for Savard

it is very funny how the habs are one of the worst defensive teams in the league, but they've got like 5 guys worth 1st rounders + on their blue line
Feb. 22, 2023 at 6:24 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
it is very funny how the habs are one of the worst defensive teams in the league, but they've got like 5 guys worth 1st rounders + on their blue line

Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj and Kovacevic are the 4 Ds who played the most games this year. 4 rookies. Habs were building the plane while it was flying and you're going to tell me that they're one of the worst defensive teams and for that reason Savard is not worth a first?

Anyway. I'm sure you'll find another RHD who blocks shots, is a playoffs beast and who's on a friendly contract for another 2 years. And good luck finding him.
Feb. 22, 2023 at 6:30 p.m.
Guhle, Harris, Xhekaj and Kovacevic are the 4 Ds who played the most games this year. 4 rookies. Habs were building the plane while it was flying and you're going to tell me that they're one of the worst defensive teams and for that reason Savard is not worth a first?

Anyway. I'm sure you'll find another RHD who blocks shots, is a playoffs beast and who's on a friendly contract for another 2 years. And good luck finding him.

the habs have the 4th worst goal differential in the league, all of their team defensive metrics are also right at the bottom, so yeah, they are one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Pretending otherwise is pretty funny, especially when you trot out guys who have some pretty bad defensive results.
Oh, and Savard averages the 2nd most ice time of any habs defender, so yeah, he's a big part of why the habs stink out loud defensivly and isnt worth anything closer to a 1st and if the leafs are looking for an RHD who is a beast in the playoffs and on a good contract then why would they want savard who is none of those things except being a right shot? He's bad and i bet you cant find a single stat to prove otherwise.
and no, shot blocks and hits are not a measure of being good defensively
Feb. 22, 2023 at 9:05 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
the habs have the 4th worst goal differential in the league, all of their team defensive metrics are also right at the bottom, so yeah, they are one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Pretending otherwise is pretty funny, especially when you trot out guys who have some pretty bad defensive results.
Oh, and Savard averages the 2nd most ice time of any habs defender, so yeah, he's a big part of why the habs stink out loud defensivly and isnt worth anything closer to a 1st and if the leafs are looking for an RHD who is a beast in the playoffs and on a good contract then why would they want savard who is none of those things except being a right shot? He's bad and i bet you cant find a single stat to prove otherwise.
and no, shot blocks and hits are not a measure of being good defensively

Move on and look somewhere else
Feb. 22, 2023 at 9:30 p.m.
Move on and look somewhere else

Yep, cant come up with a single thing to defend your point
Feb. 22, 2023 at 9:36 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
Yep, cant come up with a single thing to defend your point

You don't come up with anything positive about Savard, I don't see the point of continuing this conversation about a possible trade.

I'm sure you will find a better value with another player that this time you will like.
Feb. 22, 2023 at 9:42 p.m.
You don't come up with anything positive about Savard, I don't see the point of continuing this conversation about a possible trade.

I'm sure you will find a better value with another player that this time you will like.

Why would i come up with positive things about savard? He's not good and my entire point is that he isnt good. You are the one who thinks he is, so if you wanna say nice things about him that show hes good then find some.
If you dont like people saying mean things about your bad players, im sure there's some hkmerhabs blogs out there you can frequent
Feb. 22, 2023 at 9:48 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
Why would i come up with positive things about savard? He's not good and my entire point is that he isnt good. You are the one who thinks he is, so if you wanna say nice things about him that show hes good then find some.
If you dont like people saying mean things about your bad players, im sure there's some hkmerhabs blogs out there you can frequent

A salesman would ask you: Do you want to buy a Fiat 500? It's a cool car. You should buy one.

Then you will say: Fiat 500 is a ****ty car, I don't want a Fiat 500. I would never buy a Fiat 500.

Why would the salesman argue with you if he has no chance of selling you a Fiat 500?

You don't want Savard so let's move on.
Feb. 22, 2023 at 9:57 p.m.
A salesman would ask you: Do you want to buy a Fiat 500? It's a cool car. You should buy one.

Then you will say: Fiat 500 is a ****ty car, I don't want a Fiat 500. I would never buy a Fiat 500.

Why would the salesman argue with you if he has no chance of selling you a Fiat 500?

You don't want Savard so let's move on.

You cant even do similies right.
In this situation it would be the third party wanting the fiat and me saying "no dude, you dont want that" and listing the reasons then you coming in and saying "no the fiat is amazing just because i say so" and not being able to counter any of the information about it being bad.
Just because you like fiats doesnt mean they are good cars. If you wanna move on move on, but you really gotta try harder if you want people to like your terrible car choices
Feb. 22, 2023 at 10:05 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
You cant even do similies right.
In this situation it would be the third party wanting the fiat and me saying "no dude, you dont want that" and listing the reasons then you coming in and saying "no the fiat is amazing just because i say so" and not being able to counter any of the information about it being bad.
Just because you like fiats doesnt mean they are good cars. If you wanna move on move on, but you really gotta try harder if you want people to like your terrible car choices

That's the problem with you. Your comments are always negative and you're like the bully in the schoolyard who's pushing everyone hoping that one will fight with you. But no one wants to fight with you because it's just a waste of time. You don't like a player, so be it and move on, find another one. If you keep fighting for Savard it's because you have an interest and but you're unhappy with the price tag. You're not forced to buy, and we're not forced to sell. Savard is a fantastic mentor for the kids and he speaks French, which as you know is important in Montreal. I'd rather keep Savard, he stabilizes the D and it shows when he's missing games. But should a team come up with an amazing offer I would listen as it would be in the best interests for the future of the team. And I really mean an amazing offer. Otherwise there's not point in discussing.
Feb. 22, 2023 at 10:25 p.m.
That's the problem with you. Your comments are always negative and you're like the bully in the schoolyard who's pushing everyone hoping that one will fight with you. But no one wants to fight with you because it's just a waste of time. You don't like a player, so be it and move on, find another one. If you keep fighting for Savard it's because you have an interest and but you're unhappy with the price tag. You're not forced to buy, and we're not forced to sell. Savard is a fantastic mentor for the kids and he speaks French, which as you know is important in Montreal. I'd rather keep Savard, he stabilizes the D and it shows when he's missing games. But should a team come up with an amazing offer I would listen as it would be in the best interests for the future of the team. And I really mean an amazing offer. Otherwise there's not point in discussing.

The problem with you is that you would rather rant nonsense like this then actually talk about your players. Youve been given ample chance to prove savard is good and all youve done is get defensive and do everything in your power to not talk about it.
Savard doesnt stabilize anything, he is bad, his results are bad, his contract is bad and you cannot come up with a single stat to prove otherwise and it just kills you so you're just gonna keep side tracking this
Feb. 22, 2023 at 10:28 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
The problem with you is that you would rather rant nonsense like this then actually talk about your players. Youve been given ample chance to prove savard is good and all youve done is get defensive and do everything in your power to not talk about it.
Savard doesnt stabilize anything, he is bad, his results are bad, his contract is bad and you cannot come up with a single stat to prove otherwise and it just kills you so you're just gonna keep side tracking this

MOVE ON
Feb. 22, 2023 at 10:31 p.m.
MOVE ON

Why would i do that? Im the one who is able to back up their stance without grabbing the net ans trying to move the goal posts into the locker rooms.
Cmon hoss, gimmie that savard goodness, he must have some proof out there for how ardently youve pretended to defend him
Feb. 22, 2023 at 10:38 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
Why would i do that? Im the one who is able to back up their stance without grabbing the net ans trying to move the goal posts into the locker rooms.
Cmon hoss, gimmie that savard goodness, he must have some proof out there for how ardently youve pretended to defend him

My mom is not for sale but if you offer me $100m I might listen.

Same for Savard.

So do your homework and if you like my mother, offer me $100m and I might listen.

That's the mindset of Kent Hughes about Savard at this moment.

He. Is. Not. For. Sale.

I. Don't. Have. To. Give. You. My. Selling. Points.

Period.
Feb. 22, 2023 at 11:08 p.m.
My mom is not for sale but if you offer me $100m I might listen.

Same for Savard.

So do your homework and if you like my mother, offer me $100m and I might listen.

That's the mindset of Kent Hughes about Savard at this moment.

He. Is. Not. For. Sale.

I. Don't. Have. To. Give. You. My. Selling. Points.

Period.

Like i said, you simply cannot give a single statistical reason why he is goos because he isnt. And now you're trying to take the goalposts home with you
Feb. 22, 2023 at 11:40 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
Like i said, you simply cannot give a single statistical reason why he is goos because he isnt. And now you're trying to take the goalposts home with you

I'm not a stats guy. I'm just not. I've seen this time and time again, people just look at the numbers and base their decisions solely on numbers and have no clue how the number was computed. The problem with data is data: garbage in, garbage out. A face off is won or lost and it's computed as a binary outcome but we all know that they're not all clean wins. Still, the stats show that a player is good at face-offs with 57%. Numbers give a false sense of comfort and people think that by being solely rely on analytics you make more objective decisions. Let's stick with hockey — when Habs traded Subban for Webber, the stats kid who was working as a consultant for the Habs back then had a tantrum during a meeting because Subban had much superior stats compared to Webber and still, the trade made sense because of the intangibles. Subban is a showman who was loved by the fans but was a cancer in the room. Bergevin was right to make that trade. Numbers don't tell everything. So no I won't argue about stats.
Feb. 22, 2023 at 11:49 p.m.
I'm not a stats guy. I'm just not. I've seen this time and time again, people just look at the numbers and base their decisions solely on numbers and have no clue how the number was computed. The problem with data is data: garbage in, garbage out. A face off is won or lost and it's computed as a binary outcome but we all know that they're not all clean wins. Still, the stats show that a player is good at face-offs with 57%. Numbers give a false sense of comfort and people think that by being solely rely on analytics you make more objective decisions. Let's stick with hockey — when Habs traded Subban for Webber, the stats kid who was working as a consultant for the Habs back then had a tantrum during a meeting because Subban had much superior stats compared to Webber and still, the trade made sense because of the intangibles. Subban is a showman who was loved by the fans but was a cancer in the room. Bergevin was right to make that trade. Numbers don't tell everything. So no I won't argue about stats.

Im a big fan of people who talk down stats as "not telling you everything" but they believe with 100% certainty that what they think they remember watching on the tv is the legit truth.
Buddy, the numbers tell way way way more than your peepers do, especially when other people who also watch the player say the numbers match up.
So, either admit your guy is bad, or as youve tried so hard to get me to do, move on. Cause your off topic distraction ranting isnt gonna convince anyone
Feb. 22, 2023 at 11:55 p.m.
Habs 7th round 1983
Im a big fan of people who talk down stats as "not telling you everything" but they believe with 100% certainty that what they think they remember watching on the tv is the legit truth.
Buddy, the numbers tell way way way more than your peepers do, especially when other people who also watch the player say the numbers match up.
So, either admit your guy is bad, or as youve tried so hard to get me to do, move on. Cause your off topic distraction ranting isnt gonna convince anyone

Sure Billy Bean. I've lost so many hours arguing with quant people like you in my life and at the end I was right. I won't waste more time with another one.
Feb. 23, 2023 at 12:18 a.m.
Sure Billy Bean. I've lost so many hours arguing with quant people like you in my life and at the end I was right. I won't waste more time with another one.

Any time bro, one day you might even stay on topic for three straight comments
Feb. 23, 2023 at 12:20 a.m.
Banned

Imagine not able to do a google search to see David Savard was indeed traded for a 1st and 3rd in 2021 and having a renaissance season while he's at it yet someone can still deny reality and be so sure of themselves. Jared from his basement knows best

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll