SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

49Toronto Maple Leafs 2022 2023 Season Discussion (Part 4)

Feb. 25, 2023 at 8:22 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 25, 2023 at 8:34 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
How do you feel about my Saros idea now? 😁

I know it's going to take alot to get him but... well if you're "all in" then might as well, right? 🤷

Dont need

Murray and Samsonov are both doing well with Sammy having home game advantage and Murray being good on the road. Then you got Woll whose a nice #3

Plus Murray's playoff avg is 2.18 GAA and a 0.921 in 50 playoff game appearances.

Complicates things next year to, So were good

Also way to expensive
Feb. 25, 2023 at 8:23 p.m.
Amirov Forever

I know it's going to take alot to get him but... well if you're "all in" then might as well, right? 🤷

As someone who absolutely adores Saros (He is my favourite goalie in general), I would obviously be happy, I just don't see the fit. The Leafs have 2 NHL caliber goalies and I feel like the Preds would hang onto Saros. In a hypothetical situation where Murray is injured for the rest of the season, then sure, I'd be down. We could then flip Samsonov's rights in the offseason and role a Saros / Murray or Saros / Woll tandem into next season. It looks like Murray will be back soon though, so those assets should be used to address more glaring holes in the lineup
aadoyle liked this.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 8:25 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Nathaniel
As someone who absolutely adores Saros (He is my favourite goalie in general), I would obviously be happy, I just don't see the fit. The Leafs have 2 NHL caliber goalies and I feel like the Preds would hang onto Saros. In a hypothetical situation where Murray is injured for the rest of the season, then sure, I'd be down. We could then flip Samsonov's rights in the offseason and role a Saros / Murray or Saros / Woll tandem into next season. It looks like Murray will be back soon though, so those assets should be used to address more glaring holes in the lineup

In general the last thing we need is a goalie

I feel the final trade is gonna be Lafferty + McCabe
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 8:27 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 25, 2023 at 8:35 p.m.
Now that Nashville has seemingly embraced selling at this TDL, I'd be interested in Fabbro and Jeannot. Fabbro's shot, defensive awareness, and skating make him a clear cut upgrade over Holl, and Jeannot's physicality would be very welcome for our bottom 6, plus he's got some nice offensive upside.

Bunting - Matthews - Nylander
Tavares - OReilly - Marner
Engvall - Kampf - Jarnkrok
Jeannot - Acciari - Aston Reese

Rielly - Liljegren
Brodie - Fabbro
Sandin - Giordano

Bunting-Matthews-Marner
Tavares-ROR-Nylander
Jarnkrok-Kampf-Engvall
ZAR-Lafferty-Acciari

Rielly-Brodie
Gio-McCabe
Sandin-Liligren

I feel this will be the team after the TDL, maybe not lafferty but with 2mill in cap rn all signs kind of point to McCabe rn
Feb. 25, 2023 at 8:57 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Bunting Matthews Marner
Jarnkrok Tavares Garland/Labanc
Nylander O’Reilly Raddysh
Engvall Kampf Acciari

Rielly Brodie
McCabe Liljegren
Gio Sandin
Feb. 25, 2023 at 8:59 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Bunting Matthews Marner
Engvall Kampf Acciari

Rielly Brodie
McCabe Liljegren
Gio Sandin

Welcome aboard the Raddysh trade. That is a bonkers lineups, that third line would clean up
MatthewsFan liked this.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 9:03 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Welcome aboard the Raddysh trade. That is a bonkers lineups, that third line would clean up

I would much rather Raddysh or Lafferty, I like his upside better
Feb. 25, 2023 at 9:14 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Bunting Matthews Marner
Engvall Kampf Acciari

Rielly Brodie
McCabe Liljegren
Gio Sandin

Was talking to a Chicago fan and he said if McCabe is on Gio's right the pair could work

As while not perfect their McCabe isnt that bad on the right as some made it out to be. Also apparently he played sometimes on the right in Buffalo

But honestly

Rielly-Brodie
Gio-McCabe
Sandin-Liligren
Holl

Thats not bad

Also between Raddysh and Lafferty kind of want Lafferty more as through watching him against us man that guy has speed and with Engvall that could be fun
Feb. 25, 2023 at 9:19 p.m.
Amirov Forever

Feb. 25, 2023 at 9:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

If NSH is willing to retain on one of Ekholm or will retain and pay us to take McDonagh I got interest

As I would find it hilarious if we had McDonagh shutting down his former team lul
Feb. 25, 2023 at 11:00 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Fp3LCg2XwAATJV-.jpg

Which player doesn’t make it back from this road trip?
- Kerfoot
- Engvall
- Holl
- Sandin
- All do
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 11:11 p.m.
Saskoiler for now
Fp3LCg2XwAATJV-.jpg

- Kerfoot
- Engvall
- Holl
- Sandin
- All do

Honestly I think it could be Sandin. The leafs have enough cap space that they don’t really need to make a cap dump.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 11:17 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Dont need

Murray and Samsonov are both doing well with Sammy having home game advantage and Murray being good on the road. Then you got Woll whose a nice #3

Plus Murray's playoff avg is 2.18 GAA and a 0.921 in 50 playoff game appearances.

Complicates things next year to, So were good

Also way to expensive

Yes, I knew your response was coming and yeah you roll out Murray's playoff stats and that's great but where I disagree with you is if/when Samsonov struggles at a start of game where he lets in 2-3 questionable goals but it's still early enough to make a goaltending change and you have to make the decision to bring Murray off the bench.

That makes me nervous for some very obvious reasons and if they don't make you nervous, I guess good for you. Dubas has to be thinking of this very hard because once the playoffs start, the games are coming hard and fast.
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 25, 2023 at 11:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 26, 2023 at 12:23 a.m.
Fp3LCg2XwAATJV-.jpg

- Kerfoot
- Engvall
- Holl
- Sandin
- All do

Its tricky as if Lafferty is coming with McCabe we need 1.1mill more so I would say Kerfoot but I have 0 idea

But hey maybe Keefe will look at Lafferty and go so yea Kerfoot nice knowing yah as this guy does almost all the same things, is better at faceoffs, and costs way less

And with 2mill no longer need to move Sandin or Holl
Feb. 25, 2023 at 11:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 26, 2023 at 12:57 a.m.
Yes, I knew your response was coming and yeah you roll out Murray's playoff stats and that's great but where I disagree with you is if/when Samsonov struggles at a start of game where he lets in 2-3 questionable goals but it's still early enough to make a goaltending change and you have to make the decision to bring Murray off the bench.

That makes me nervous for some very obvious reasons and if they don't make you nervous, I guess good for you. Dubas has to be thinking of this very hard because once the playoffs start, the games are coming hard and fast.

No cause when Pitt won their 2nd cup he got hurt who did they use MAF till he came back. When Kuemper got hurt Colorado used Francouz. We got 2 good goalies rn so dont need to worry. As the Avs proved u dont need elite goaltending to win

Murray faced Tampa twice and in playoffs and did well. Sammy is a bit raw but maybe here takes that next step

These last stretch of games will give us a look at both and if both perform well great. If one struggles we know whose the starter the other guy

Saros is just something we dont need nor should be eyeing rn

If both goalies were giving us under .900 goaltending sure but they are league avg or above

Also Saros aint for sale so yea not happening lul per NSH
Feb. 25, 2023 at 11:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Saskleaf
Honestly I think it could be Sandin. The leafs have enough cap space that they don’t really need to make a cap dump.

We have 2.07mill in cap rn so there's really no need to unless were targeting Ekholm or Chycrun (doubtful rn)

I feel its McCabe who when theirs 50% ret costs 2mill

Rielly-Brodie
Gio-McCabe
Sandin-Liligren
Holl
Saskleaf liked this.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 1:18 a.m.
Amirov Forever

Can't wait for Malgin to be an instrumental part in Colorados playoff run this year
Feb. 26, 2023 at 1:49 a.m.
Hakuna Matata

Can't wait for Malgin to be an instrumental part in Colorados playoff run this year

Will he even be in the lineup past the TDL got to think with the uncertainty of Landeskog they gonna add

And I got a feeling its JVR
Feb. 26, 2023 at 12:39 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Barbashev for a prospect and Niederreiter for a 2nd are trades I really like. Not getting any retention certainly helps.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 1:45 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Barbashev for a prospect and Niederreiter for a 2nd are trades I really like. Not getting any retention certainly helps.

I mean VGK traded a prospect drafted in the 1st round for Barbashev so on a technical basis they paid a 1st not a high one but yesh

I can see why Dubas didnt include him in the O'Rielly + Acciari trade as Minten would have probs had to go back
Feb. 26, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: aadoyle
I mean VGK traded a prospect drafted in the 1st round for Barbashev so on a technical basis they paid a 1st not a high one but yesh

I can see why Dubas didnt include him in the O'Rielly + Acciari trade as Minten would have probs had to go back

I would have taken no issue with moving Minten for Barbashev and if the opportunity is there, Nick Jensen
Feb. 26, 2023 at 1:59 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 26, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
I would have taken no issue with moving Minten for Barbashev and if the opportunity is there, Nick Jensen

I dont like the idea of moving good prospects for rentals. Picks as Dubas put it are mystery boxes with no way of knowing who is gonna turn into what.

What Avs did with Barron (25th OA pick) + 2nd for Lehkonen (RFA) thats fine 30th OA pick for rental (VGK probs extend but technically rental rn) no.

If im trading again and using our top prospects I want someone with term or an RFA
Feb. 26, 2023 at 2:19 p.m.
Lots of teams supposedly calling on Jeannot, wonder if the Leafs are one of them. Cost might be a bit much, but my caveman brain really wouldn't mind a guy who hits everything that moves and can and will have a go with anybody in the league.

Trenin at half could be a really good pickup too.
Feb. 26, 2023 at 2:32 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Gonna predict on the day or before the TDL

Lafferty + McCabe will be Leafs as that just seems like a Dubas thing

And I got no issue with it as Lafferty would be a nice addition to the Bottom 6 and McCabe despite what we have seen is still a capable Dman
Feb. 26, 2023 at 2:39 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Loving all the Bobby McMann love on Twitter today

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll