Forums/Armchair-GM

Interesting

Created by: Steven_Stamkos
Team: 2022-23 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 27, 2023
Published: Feb. 27, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Interesting move. No one is going to care if this is an overpay if the team goes on another run. Cal Foote and the picks aren't too bad, but that 25 1st really hurts IMO. Jeannot is clealy going to get bridged or sign a Nick Paul type extension depending on his playoff performance. Looks like more than a ton to give up for him, but I can't call it until we see what else he does and how the ploffs go.
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$82,500,000$80,280,000$0$82,500$2,220,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$4,800,000$4,800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 8
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,950,000$2,950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 2
$900,000$900,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 27, 2023 at 8:32 a.m.
Banned
Edited Feb. 27, 2023 at 8:49 a.m.
It's a solid trade for Tampa. As usual most fans view all draft picks are the same. They'll all be future hall of fame superstars. Of those 5 picks JBB gave up you'll be lucky to see 1 make the NHL.

When you have a core like Tampa you can afford to make this trade. Losing 7D Cal Foote isn't exactly a monumental loss. But man how will Tampa ever recover losing that 5th round pick? It's devastating!

Jeannot provides a physical ingredient Tampa lost when the Cap forced them to gut that sledgehammer line they had. Coleman, Goodrow and Gourde. You're not getting Jeannot solely for his goals and points. It's the physical element he brings to augment the skill guys.

That's what Leafs fans don't understand. It's all about goals and assists and points with them. Dirty dangles, sick snipes and fancy stats. Regular season glorification. And they wonder why Toronto never advances past the 1st round. So they'll make fun of Tampa and pretend the Leafs are better.

You see it's okay for the Leafs to trade for ROR. But TB trading for Jeannot is apparently "stupid." Nothing hypocritical there at all! 🤭

Tampa is all about winning Cups. Remember what Stamkos recently said. "We don't care about picks." If Tampa wins the Cup this season, that saying should be put on t-shirts. 🤣

It was quite rich last night when the Jeannot trade happened and Leafs fans were calling Tampa "stupid." Well you'll find out how "stupid" they are when the playoffs start. Good luck with that! 🤭
Steven_Stamkos, Faulk_my_Dzingel, Brad_Treliving and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 8:56 a.m.
Smythe.over.Hart
While I agree about the picks and that people overrate them it is still a significant amount for Tampa to pay in comparison to some other deals. Honestly on the surface it seems Tampa didn't pay much less than what New Jersey just paid for Meier. Jeannot is a good player though and an RFA. Tampa certainly has a model of paying the future for guarantees. If you look at what they have paid for Hagel, Paul, and now Jeannot over the last few trades it is pretty significant. However, they are guarantees.

Anyway, like you say we will see what happens. Today I call it a loss on Tampa's side. We will see in June...
Steven_Stamkos liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 8:59 a.m.
[/quote]

Quoting: MorHitzSeider
It's a solid trade for Tampa. As usual most fans view all draft picks are the same. They'll all be future hall of fame superstars. Of those 5 picks JBB gave up you'll be lucky to see 1 make the NHL.

When you have a core like Tampa you can afford to make this trade. Losing 7D Cal Foote isn't exactly a monumental loss. But man how will Tampa ever recover losing that 5th round pick? It's devastating!

Jeannot provides a physical ingredient Tampa lost when the Cap forced them to gut that sledgehammer line they had. Coleman, Goodrow and Gourde. You're not getting Jeannot solely for his goals and points. It's the physical element he brings to augment the skill guys.

That's what Leafs fans don't understand. It's all about goals and assists and points with them. Dirty dangles, sick snipes and fancy stats. Regular season glorification. And they wonder why Toronto never advances past the 1st round. So they'll make fun of Tampa and pretend the Leafs are better.

You see it's okay for the Leafs to trade for ROR. But TB trading for Jeannot is apparently "stupid." Nothing hypocritical there at all! 🤭

Tampa is all about winning Cups. Remember what Stamkos recently said. "We don't care about picks." If Tampa wins the Cup this season, that saying should be put on t-shirts. 🤣

It was quite rich last night when the Jeannot trade happened and Leafs fans were calling Tampa "stupid." Well you'll find out how "stupid" they are when the playoffs start. Good luck with that! 🤭

I like Jeannot and I think he's really gonna help out our bottom 6 going forward. I'm not a Cal Foote hater, but I'm not very high on him either. Sucks to lose him and all those picks because he is probably our biggest piece of value that was in question to get moved, other than prospects or roster players who aren't going anywhere. Can't wait to see how he fits in. Yeah we don't care about picks, but as every year goes by, it's going to get harder and harder to compete at the deadline, which is what this team has done the past 5 years. Bringing in key additions that stick around and make the team much better. McDonagh, Coleman, Gaudreau, Hagel, Paul, Rutta. We'll see how it pans out and what else JBB does from here
Brad_Treliving liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.
Carbon
Tampa's first pick is the 6th round in one of the deepest drafts in years. Bold strategy.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:02 a.m.
Quoting: Stammer_Time91
I like Jeannot and I think he's really gonna help out our bottom 6 going forward. I'm not a Cal Foote hater, but I'm not very high on him either. Sucks to lose him and all those picks because he is probably our biggest piece of value that was in question to get moved, other than prospects or roster players who aren't going anywhere. Can't wait to see how he fits in. Yeah we don't care about picks, but as every year goes by, it's going to get harder and harder to compete at the deadline, which is what this team has done the past 5 years. Bringing in key additions that stick around and make the team much better. McDonagh, Coleman, Gaudreau, Hagel, Paul, Rutta. We'll see how it pans out and what else JBB does from here

Jeannot is a beauty of a player and Seravalli tweeted out wondering if Jeannot would sign for 7 years at $2M. As for my Leafs, Engvall turtled against Brandon Hagel in the playoffs and tucked his tail between his legs. I hope he knows he's going against Jeannot now
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:09 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Babatunde
Jeannot is a beauty of a player and Seravalli tweeted out wondering if Jeannot would sign for 7 years at $2M. As for my Leafs, Engvall turtled against Brandon Hagel in the playoffs and tucked his tail between his legs. I hope he knows he's going against Jeannot now

Well Engvall is a giraffe. What do you expect? They're not exactly menacing.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:34 a.m.
Question is it Vladdy or PEB out of the lineup?
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:38 a.m.
Leafs Sufferer

Let's stop pretending that it's only Leafs fans saying TB overpaid.
jsteed02 liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:39 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Ritzy
Let's stop pretending that it's only Leafs fans saying TB overpaid.

It's everyone. But Leafs fans are the loudest. Every move Tampa makes is apparently "stupid."

Win something. Then make fun of them.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:42 a.m.
Leafs Sufferer
It's everyone. But Leafs fans are the loudest. Every move Tampa makes is apparently "stupid."

Win something. Then make fun of them.

So, it's okay for fans of bottom feeding teams this year to say TB overpaid.

But if TOR fans do it, it's "win something, then make fun of them". Rich double standard.
jsteed02 liked this.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:42 a.m.

"Why is everything always about the Leafs"
Other teams fans on posts that have nothing to do with the Leafs:
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:43 a.m.
Banned
So, it's okay for fans of bottom feeding teams this year to say TB overpaid.

But if TOR fans do it, it's "win something, then make fun of them". Rich double standard.

You Leafs fans are all about double standards. It's ok for Toronto to trade for ROR. But Tampa is "stupid" for trading for Tanner Jeannot.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:46 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: jsteed02
"Why is everything always about the Leafs"
Other teams fans on posts that have nothing to do with the Leafs:

Because Leafs fans act like they've won the last 5 Stanley Cups. It's a Tampa CFACGM talking about Jeannot. It was hypocritical seeing hearing Leafs fans calling Tampa "stupid" after the trade happened.

TB has won 2 Cups in 3 years. Lost another SCF. Stupid? Yeah right!
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:47 a.m.
Leafs Sufferer
You Leafs fans are all about double standards. It's ok for Toronto to trade for ROR. But Tampa is "stupid" for trading for Tanner Jeannot.

Who is saying it was stupid? We, along with everyone else (your words) are saying they overpaid. Because they did.

If you want to go and check the receipts, I even said the price for ROR was steep. But that doesn't suit your narrative does it.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:49 a.m.
Banned
Who is saying it was stupid? We, along with everyone else (your words) are saying they overpaid. Because they did.

If you want to go and check the receipts, I even said the price for ROR was steep. But that doesn't suit your narrative does it.

In your case it's much easier to point the finger than it is to look at the mirror. If the Leafs trade for Jeannot for that price Dubas is a genius. But Tampa is stupid. That suits you just fine. Cheer for the laundry guy.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:51 a.m.

Maybe one day (if they ever make the playoffs) you can shower wings fans with your hockey wisdom.
I’m pretty sure no one in Leaf land asked your opinion but you’re going to spew it anyway. #rentfree
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:52 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: MitchJr
Maybe one day (if they ever make the playoffs) you can shower wings fans with your hockey wisdom.
I’m pretty sure no one in Leaf land asked your opinion but you’re going to spew it anyway. #rentfree

Red Wings Will always live rent free in your head. Win something guy. I've seen my team win 4 Cups. I'm good. Attended 4 Cup parades. How many have you attended? 🤭
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:56 a.m.
Red Wings Will always live rent free in your head. Win something guy. I've seen my team win 4 Cups. I'm good. 🤭

Live in my head? Come on now - you post on the Leafs non stop. If you don’t like them - save yourself some time and energy and stop posting comments about them. Pretty sure we Leaf fans will survive. I rarely comment on other teams (only Leaf’s) & never on irrelevant teams so factually incorrect
Feb. 27, 2023 at 9:59 a.m.
Leafs Sufferer
In your case it's much easier to point the finger than it is to look at the mirror. If the Leafs trade for Jeannot for that price Dubas is a genius. But Tampa is stupid. That suits you just fine. Cheer for the laundry guy.

What are you even talking about? Every single person on this site points a finger, even you. Right now you're doing it.

I don't sit here and claim Dubas makes the perfect moves, I even tried to give you evidence of that. But again, that doesn't suit your narrative.

Stay angry, guy.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 10:01 a.m.
Because Leafs fans act like they've won the last 5 Stanley Cups. It's a Tampa CFACGM talking about Jeannot. It was hypocritical seeing hearing Leafs fans calling Tampa "stupid" after the trade happened.

TB has won 2 Cups in 3 years. Lost another SCF. Stupid? Yeah right!

Bud you were the first comment on this post
Feb. 27, 2023 at 10:03 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: jsteed02
Bud you were the first comment on this post

Bud It's a Tampa CFACGM. Why should I not talk about the Jeannot trade? He now plays for the Tampa Bay Lightning does he not? The OP in his description talks about... wait for it... Tanner Jeannot!
Feb. 27, 2023 at 10:14 a.m.
Quoting: Boltsbeathabs
Question is it Vladdy or PEB out of the lineup?

Should be Maroon, but it will probably be Names. Hard to keep an old man limber if he's out of the lineup. Probably what Coop will be thinking.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 10:17 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Stammer_Time91
Should be Maroon, but it will probably be Names. Hard to keep an old man limber if he's out of the lineup. Probably what Coop will be thinking.

Bellemare will be 38 next month. But I'd still play him over Namestnikov.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 10:23 a.m.
Carbon

Tampa isn't stupid for trading for Jeannot. Tampa is stupid for massively over paying for Jeannot.
Feb. 27, 2023 at 10:24 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: carbonxe
Tampa isn't stupid for trading for Jeannot. Tampa is stupid for massively over paying for Jeannot.

That's just it. They didn't overpay at all. Quantity isn't quality.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll