SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(BUF/VAN) - Bloom for Stillman

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Feb. 28, 2023 at 12:01 a.m.
Quoting: Dahlin_On_Me
This may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen GMKA do. Bloom is an awesome prospect that could easily turn into something much more. Don’t understand why you’d trade for a bottom pair defender.
Surely you jest?
Maybe you forgot these highlights (lowlights):
1) Letting Ullmark walk,
2) Letting McCabe walk,
3) Getting only a second for Hall, coupled with giving Hall an $8,000,000 contract,
4) Getting only a third for Montour,
5) Having to take Bjork and losing Lazar in the Hall trade,
6) Signing Eakin when Larsson would have signed for less (BTW Larsson had more pts last year than Eakin during his two years with the Sabres),
7) ETC.
This trade is really aweful, but pales in the comparison to the first four.
You are thinking of the Kevyn Adams AFTER Jason Karmanos joined the team.
Kevyn must have made this trade without speaking with Jason.
Feb. 28, 2023 at 12:32 a.m.
This team kills me
ALLVIN YOU DID IT I CANT BELIEVE YOU DID IT!!! GOOD JOB BUDDY!!!
Feb. 28, 2023 at 3:22 a.m.
Vancouver get a little cap space can not afford to pay 1,35 for a 7 D. They get a prospect that are playing in CHL.

Buffalo get a depth D for 3rd pair (if he manage to pass both Clague and Bryson). They have problem as soon as someone of Power, Samuelsson or Dahlin is injured, and the ones not injured get to much icetime. The Q is who do they move when Dahlin and Tuch is back.

Stillman is still young so he will probably also improve. Granato just need to do his magic.

More trades?
Feb. 28, 2023 at 10:59 a.m.
The Sabres needed to add a defenseman for depth. I hoped the Sabres would reacquire Jake McCabe from the Chicago Blackhawks. McCabe was traded to Toronto Maple Leafs.

Stillman joins the Sabres as his fourth NHL team in five seasons. Looking at the votes so far, those pro-Vancouver Canucks could be happy to see Stillman leave. Staying will the Sabres through 2023-2024 will give Stillman an opportunity to have stability and work on development.

Bloom is developing into a point per game player. Could he transfer his success from the juniors to the AHL and NHL? The Sabres have a quantity of forwards in development in their system that are expendable.
Mar. 3, 2023 at 6:33 p.m.
sensonfire
Joshua Bloom was very recently a 3rd round pick.

On his own, Riley Stillman is a depth defenceman and is not worth a 3rd round pick.

Canucks win the trade.
CSStrowbridge liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit