2. 2023 1st round pick (CAR)
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (CAR)
CAR
  1. Guentzel, Jake ($3,000,000 retained)
PIT
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (STL)
  2. 2023 4th round pick (MIN)
DET
  1. Granlund, Mikael ($2,500,000 retained)
PIT
  1. Campbell, Jack
  2. 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. 2023 7th round pick (TOR)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$82,500,000$65,235,592$0$0$17,264,408
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,125,000$5,125,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
LW
RFA - 1
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,125,000$3,125,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$6,100,000$6,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$825,000$825,000
LD
RFA - 1
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:25 a.m.
Hurricane Waddell
I could see the Canes interested in this but doubt they’d include Morrow and the picks for a player with just 2 years left.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:28 a.m.
Buffbry
Wing pass, player is one of the worst in the Nhl
aedoran and Redstinger liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:31 a.m.
I don't see Edmonton doing that. Campbell is 19-9-4 this year, I get that he hasn't been playing well but this season looks like an outlier in his career. He'll be given another chance next year.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 11:45 a.m.
Seiders on the Storm
Detroit declines. Need to make room for the kids.
aedoran and DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 12:09 p.m.
Syd Barret
Quoting: buffbry
Wing pass, player is one of the worst in the Nhl

This is among the worst takes I have ever seen on this website lmao. How on earth do you come to the conclusion that he is one of the worst players in the entire league? We get it , wings fans want their team to suck for another half decade. But come on man. What a ridiculous statement
CD282 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 12:20 p.m.
Buffbry
Quoting: pensburgh571
This is among the worst takes I have ever seen on this website lmao. How on earth do you come to the conclusion that he is one of the worst players in the entire league? We get it , wings fans want their team to suck for another half decade. But come on man. What a ridiculous statement

You are a ridiculous statement if you think granlund is a good NHL player at all. You're statement of us wanting to be bad for another half a decade is way worse, we want quality players who will help us win cups, not 3rd line slugs who are brutal in every aspect of the game. I wouldn't take him half retained for free, you can keep that miserable contract that every single analyst on the planet says was the worst at the deadline because the player has been in decline for years and doesn't do anything but eat up cap space. Keep wearing those homer my team is 150 years old and won't compete till 2035 glasses on
aedoran liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 12:43 p.m.
Syd Barret
You are a ridiculous statement if you think granlund is a good NHL player at all. You're statement of us wanting to be bad for another half a decade is way worse, we want quality players who will help us win cups, not 3rd line slugs who are brutal in every aspect of the game. I wouldn't take him half retained for free, you can keep that miserable contract that every single analyst on the planet says was the worst at the deadline because the player has been in decline for years and doesn't do anything but eat up cap space. Keep wearing those homer my team is 150 years old and won't compete till 2035 glasses on

I'm sorry I am having trouble remembering, when was the last time the wings made the playoffs?
How many cups have they won in the cap era when there has been actual parity and league balance?
I didn't say the penguins made a good trade.
But you'd have to flat out be a total moron to think that he is one of the worst players in the entire league.
CD282 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 12:55 p.m.
Buffbry
I'm sorry I am having trouble remembering, when was the last time the wings made the playoffs?
How many cups have they won in the cap era when there has been actual parity and league balance?
I didn't say the penguins made a good trade.
But you'd have to flat out be a total moron to think that he is one of the worst players in the entire league.

He's absolutely trash and garbage and any team trying to win a cup wouldn't have him on their roster
JoeROFLCOPTER and aedoran liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 1:10 p.m.
Joe
Edited Mar. 31, 2023 at 1:18 p.m.

"Wings fans want their team to suck for another half decade." Is Mikael Granlund the key to success? lmao.
Btw I'm sure you're aware of the trajectory of the Penguins. It is parallel with the downfall of the Red Wings era. Have fun supporting a team that'll be wondering what 1OA player will carry on Crosby's legacy - if the Penguins don't return to the may-move-to-Kansas-City era lol.
buffbry and aedoran liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 1:18 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
"Wings fans want their team to suck for another half decade." Is Mikael Granlund the key to success? lmao.
Btw I'm sure you're aware of the trajectory of the Penguins. It is parallel with the downfall of the Red Wings era. Have fun supporting a team that'll be wondering what 1OA player will carry on Crosby's legacy - if the Penguins don't return to the may-move-to-Kansas-City era lol.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/news/story?id=2788701 lol
buffbry and aedoran liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 1:49 p.m.
Syd Barret

Boy is it easy to trigger wings fans lmao. At least the penguins had most of their success during a fair and balanced league in the cap era. At the current rate of the wings rebuild the penguins will bottom out and then be successful again before the wings even finish rebuilding.
and I am having very much fun supporting the best team of the cap era, thank you very much.
You can keep enjoying a team that has been irrelevant for nearly 15 years.
CD282 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 1:53 p.m.
Seiders on the Storm
Boy is it easy to trigger wings fans lmao. At least the penguins had most of their success during a fair and balanced league in the cap era. At the current rate of the wings rebuild the penguins will bottom out and then be successful again before the wings even finish rebuilding.
and I am having very much fun supporting the best team of the cap era, thank you very much.

You're the ONLY one who's triggered here.
JoeROFLCOPTER and buffbry liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
Joe

It's okay my man, you can hold onto the past as long as you want I won't judge.
But Pittsburgh's lack of prospect depth, an aging core, and draft mediocrity is a story told once before. But whatever, here's to hoping the Penguins don't end up in Missouri!
buffbry liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 2:05 p.m.
Buffbry
But Pittsburgh's lack of prospect depth, an aging core, and draft mediocrity is a story told once before. But whatever, here's to hoping the Penguins don't end up in Missouri!

He sites competive balance due to salary cap, but I must have missed the point where penguins were allowed to spend as much as they wanted pre-salary cap era but we're too busy trying to keep the team In Pittsburgh while Detroit has never had an ownership or chance of moving issue. It's also hysterical that their success came from #1, #2, #2, #3 overall picks, while Detroit since 1990 hasn't had a top 3 pick and only 1 top 4 pick.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 2:17 p.m.
Joe
He sites competive balance due to salary cap, but I must have missed the point where penguins were allowed to spend as much as they wanted pre-salary cap era but we're too busy trying to keep the team In Pittsburgh while Detroit has never had an ownership or chance of moving issue. It's also hysterical that their success came from #1, #2, #2, #3 overall picks, while Detroit since 1990 hasn't had a top 3 pick and only 1 top 4 pick.

It's such an odd and weird thing to say since you need to ignore that we've had a playoff streak that extended for most of the Cap era for his argument of irrelevance to make sense. For the Penguins will "be in and out of rebuilding before Detroit is", is just super wishful thinking. Their prospect pool blows, their team is one of the oldest in the league, and their drafts have been cruddy. Add on their less than ideal contract situation and it is so closely similar to the '10-'15 Red Wings that you could show me the details without the names and I wouldn't be able to differentiate the two.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 2:22 p.m.
Syd Barret
Quoting: MoreHitzSeider
You're the ONLY one who's triggered here.

Man triggered red wings fans are so entertaining on this site lmao. Like a ticking time-bomb ready to blow. Thank you for the good laugh!
I'll give it to you guys, you have a very nice arena and passionate fans. I've enjoyed every visit I have made to little caesars arena. Even for non-hockey events there have been tons of wings jerseys.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 2:26 p.m.
Joe
Man triggered red wings fans are so entertaining on this site lmao. Like a ticking time-bomb ready to blow. Thank you for the good laugh!
I'll give it to you guys, you have a very nice arena and passionate fans. I've enjoyed every visit I have made to little caesars arena. Even for non-hockey events there have been tons of wings jerseys.

Thank you man, but I'm actually being serious and giving you a warning; the current Pittsburgh Penguins are on the same route as the Red Wings were in the early to mid 2010s. It will be rough.
DeadWingsv2 liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 2:45 p.m.
PlusMinus is stupid
homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif
buffbry liked this.
Mar. 31, 2023 at 3:28 p.m.
Syd Barret
Thank you man, but I'm actually being serious and giving you a warning; the current Pittsburgh Penguins are on the same route as the Red Wings were in the early to mid 2010s. It will be rough.

As long as the nhl gifts them another 1OA they’ll be fine 😉
In all seriousness I know it’ll be bad but I look forward to it. I am much more of a hockey fan than a penguins fan. I’m tired of having to take out another mortgage just to take my family to a game . The only cheap ticket in Pittsburgh is to a pirates game , who are possibly the biggest laughing stock in all of American sports .
Mar. 31, 2023 at 5:05 p.m.
Joe
As long as the nhl gifts them another 1OA they’ll be fine 😉
In all seriousness I know it’ll be bad but I look forward to it. I am much more of a hockey fan than a penguins fan. I’m tired of having to take out another mortgage just to take my family to a game . The only cheap ticket in Pittsburgh is to a pirates game , who are possibly the biggest laughing stock in all of American sports .

I can only imagine how expensive tickets are - part of the reason why I highly doubt Penguins go anywhere since the fanbase has grown tremendously since the pre-Crosby era. The tanking period will be bad, hopefully not as bad as the Red Wings' was. Ken Holland drove this team into the ground trying to extend our playoff streak, signing a lot of bad contracts and making a lot of bad trades (Chychrun and Vasilevksiy were picked with Red Wings draft picks btw). Penguins, although have made questionable trades in the long run, don't have as bad of a contract situation as Detroit had, so they have that. Maybe you guys'll get Misa wink.

As for the tickets, I would NOT recommend shoveling out any money to watch the type of projected product. Last year I dropped ~$150 on tickets (College student, that's a lot) and took my gf out for her first Red Wings game - that game just so happened to be one of the worst games in franchise history where they got dumpstered 9-2 by the Arizona Coyotes. Its fun and all, but knowing that I dropped that much money for that type of product hurt. (Side note, we went to two games this season where they won both and actually met a real nice feller from Scotland).
Apr. 1, 2023 at 10:21 p.m.
Disgusting. Wing don't want granlund, not giving picks for him. Where is this garbage coming from.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll