SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Boeser for Backlund

Created by: gordfish
Published: Apr. 17, 2023 at 12:32 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 185/185 (100%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the upper limit has been exceeded by one of the trade parties

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Backlund, MikaelCalgary FlamesNHL-$5,350,000011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Boeser, BrockVancouver CanucksNHL-$6,650,000011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,250,000183369369
Change-$1,300,000000000
Final-$50,000 (↓)183369369000

Logo of the Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Boeser, BrockVancouver CanucksNHL-$6,650,000011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Backlund, MikaelCalgary FlamesNHL-$5,350,000011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial-$1,666,2501937673512
Change$1,300,000000000
Final-$366,250 (↑)1937673512000
Apr. 17, 2023 at 12:42 p.m.
Vancouver needs to add and retain some salary. Even then Calgary only does it if Backlund won't extend. Otherwise Calgary can just keep Backlund and get a 1st + more for him at the deadline.
Hitagi_Senpai and KingofRnR liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:11 p.m.
Bruins are Pond Scum
Quoting: MoxNix
Vancouver needs to add and retain some salary. Even then Calgary only does it if Backlund won't extend. Otherwise Calgary can just keep Backlund and get a 1st + more for him at the deadline.

remove all the words you just said and I agree.

trade seems fine. I wouldn't do it from Van side because I think it's a lateral move and the group really likes brock but it's fair for a guy whose gonna ask for more than he's worth in 1 year.
T_Hip liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 3:42 p.m.
Canucks sorta homer
Quoting: DarthRightus
remove all the words you just said and I agree.

trade seems fine. I wouldn't do it from Van side because I think it's a lateral move and the group really likes brock but it's fair for a guy whose gonna ask for more than he's worth in 1 year.

You mean disagree? They are right... Boeser is not worth the same as Backlund, he's worth a fair bit less. His contract is bad, his play isn't that great. He's been injury prone. He can't play center, he doesn't take draws, he barely plays a defensive game. The only thing Boeser has over Backlund. Boeser is younger. Much younger. Which closes that gap a little bit, but Backlund is still more valued.

Fair play. I don't think Canucks retain to do this, I think they'd add a project player over a draft pick. Vancouver does this to keep a fairly decent set of 3 players that can play as center, or have two top 6 centers. With Treliving out, I imagine some moves are inbound for Calgary (I like to think they may look to get younger)
MoxNix liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 4:02 p.m.
Bruins are Pond Scum
Quoting: Hitagi_Senpai
You mean disagree? They are right... Boeser is not worth the same as Backlund, he's worth a fair bit less. His contract is bad, his play isn't that great. He's been injury prone. He can't play center, he doesn't take draws, he barely plays a defensive game. The only thing Boeser has over Backlund. Boeser is younger. Much younger. Which closes that gap a little bit, but Backlund is still more valued.

Fair play. I don't think Canucks retain to do this, I think they'd add a project player over a draft pick. Vancouver does this to keep a fairly decent set of 3 players that can play as center, or have two top 6 centers. With Treliving out, I imagine some moves are inbound for Calgary (I like to think they may look to get younger)

Backlunds upside has already been found. Boeser either hasn't or is not where his last season was. His tocchet numbers disagree mostly with what you said. Sounds like you'd be on the CGY side arguing year stats and I'd be on the Van side arguing past results and recency bias.

Faceoffs and such matter but we don't want guys at his contract on our third line. He is probably not going to take top 6 faceoffs for us. And as for the 1st plus that he said, that value dropped a bunch this year with how the team underperformed.

Brocks limitations are unfortunate and I doubt his D is going to become a plus. But I think it's league wide clear that if Backlund is in your top 6 you're a losing team and if he's third line he's overpaid.

Brock if his last 2 months are real is a second line winger on a winning team.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 4:46 p.m.

OH! Treliving is gone! FInally, it's about time!!!
Hitagi_Senpai liked this.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 5:35 p.m.
Canucks sorta homer
OH! Treliving is gone! FInally, it's about time!!!

Yeah. Pretty exciting for Calgary. I think they might shake some stuff up, wont knock the tree down. But probably change some stuff. As a hockey fan, excited to see some maybe big moves this off season!

Quoting: DarthRightus
Backlunds upside has already been found. Boeser either hasn't or is not where his last season was. His tocchet numbers disagree mostly with what you said. Sounds like you'd be on the CGY side arguing year stats and I'd be on the Van side arguing past results and recency bias.

Faceoffs and such matter but we don't want guys at his contract on our third line. He is probably not going to take top 6 faceoffs for us. And as for the 1st plus that he said, that value dropped a bunch this year with how the team underperformed.

Brocks limitations are unfortunate and I doubt his D is going to become a plus. But I think it's league wide clear that if Backlund is in your top 6 you're a losing team and if he's third line he's overpaid.

Brock if his last 2 months are real is a second line winger on a winning team.

You can't claim recency and legacy biased just for your team... You literally just said Boeser has legacy value cuz of what he's done and that under Toc he's been better. But then fully shutdown Backlund's value purely off his recency. That already dismisses this..

While I am not saying Boeser isn't like 50% of his value. I'm saying they are close. Backlund brings more to the table, his contract isn't as bad as it looks. Not as bad as Boeser's has looked.
As I said, Boeser and a project (say a Rathbone or Woo) exchanged for Backlund and a later round pick. That looks far more even for both sides than assuming Boeser is worth Backlund +

Let's be real BOTH players are on rather unappealing contracts. As well for both players haven't preformed as well lately as you'd hoped. The entire Flames roster underpreformed. Does that mean Boeser and Hubby are roughly the same value? Hubby is making 9m+ now and only put up 60? points.. pfft. Recency biased can skew opinions. Especially if you are a fan of one team.

But this is coming from a Canucks fan, defending Backlund over our own Brockstar.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 9:45 p.m.
Bruins are Pond Scum
Yeah. Pretty exciting for Calgary. I think they might shake some stuff up, wont knock the tree down. But probably change some stuff. As a hockey fan, excited to see some maybe big moves this off season!

You can't claim recency and legacy biased just for your team... You literally just said Boeser has legacy value cuz of what he's done and that under Toc he's been better. But then fully shutdown Backlund's value purely off his recency. That already dismisses this..

While I am not saying Boeser isn't like 50% of his value. I'm saying they are close. Backlund brings more to the table, his contract isn't as bad as it looks. Not as bad as Boeser's has looked.
As I said, Boeser and a project (say a Rathbone or Woo) exchanged for Backlund and a later round pick. That looks far more even for both sides than assuming Boeser is worth Backlund +

Let's be real BOTH players are on rather unappealing contracts. As well for both players haven't preformed as well lately as you'd hoped. The entire Flames roster underpreformed. Does that mean Boeser and Hubby are roughly the same value? Hubby is making 9m+ now and only put up 60? points.. pfft. Recency biased can skew opinions. Especially if you are a fan of one team.

But this is coming from a Canucks fan, defending Backlund over our own Brockstar.

Boeser has value to us. I'm aware he doesn't have that value elsewhere.
Apr. 17, 2023 at 10:00 p.m.
No way VAN does that trade
T_Hip liked this.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 12:33 a.m.
TrevorA
Flames and Backlund both Decline

If Backlund chooses not to extend and gets Traded, it’ll be to a Contender, because the only way he doesn’t extend is if he feels the Flames aren’t Contenders and that he likely Won’t Win the Cup with CGY

Boeser’s too one dimensional to consider. We’re happy with and better off with Toffoli, Duehr & Coronato
MoxNix liked this.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 12:22 p.m.
T_Hip
Quoting: KingofRnR
We’re happy with and better off with Toffoli, Duehr & Coronato

I guess you will be happy with missing the playoffs then. Enjoy
Apr. 18, 2023 at 12:40 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: T_Hip
I guess you will be happy with missing the playoffs then. Enjoy

Like your Canucks!? That's quite The Pot Calling The Kettle Black type comment

Boeser didn't exactly make you guys much better and at least Toffoli can defend

Flames were within 2 points of a playoff spot and will rebound next season. The Canucks, on the other hand, are years away from being a playoff team, let alone a contender
Apr. 18, 2023 at 12:52 p.m.
T_Hip
Like your Canucks!? That's quite The Pot Calling The Kettle Black type comment

Boeser didn't exactly make you guys much better and at least Toffoli can defend

Flames were within 2 points of a playoff spot and will rebound next season. The Canucks, on the other hand, are years away from being a playoff team, let alone a contender

Flames will rebound. Sure they will. (Not a chance) Boeser had a "poor" season and still blew away (ppg) Kadri, Hubie, Mangi, Coleman etc.
Apr. 18, 2023 at 12:54 p.m.
T_Hip

You though the flames would get a high draft pick for Looch too. How did that work out for ya?
Apr. 18, 2023 at 12:57 p.m.
TrevorA
Edited Apr. 18, 2023 at 1:13 p.m.
Flames will rebound. Sure they will. (Not a chance) Boeser had a "poor" season and still blew away (ppg) Kadri, Hubie, Mangi, Coleman etc.

You’re right, Boeser’s -20 blew

Other than that you’re way off. Boeser’s purely a goal scorer who had more Even Strength and Power Play TOI than all those guys, yet he only beat Huby by 3 Goals and Mang by 1

I’d much rather have all those guys than lazy + no defence Boeser

You seem like an angry disgruntled person looking to take your personal frustrations out on others and their teams here on CF. Hope things are okay your way, but you come across very sour, which is very off-putting to be honest
MoxNix liked this.
Apr. 19, 2023 at 6:04 p.m.
T_Hip
You’re right, Boeser’s -20 blew

Other than that you’re way off. Boeser’s purely a goal scorer who had more Even Strength and Power Play TOI than all those guys, yet he only beat Huby by 3 Goals and Mang by 1

I’d much rather have all those guys than lazy + no defence Boeser

You seem like an angry disgruntled person looking to take your personal frustrations out on others and their teams here on CF. Hope things are okay your way, but you come across very sour, which is very off-putting to be honest

How am I off? Boeser had more ppg than ALL the players I listed. Also, brock was PP2 for half of the season.

Enjoy 50-60 pts at 10.M for the next 8 years. Haha.

I am not sour. I would be if I was a flames fan.
Apr. 19, 2023 at 6:20 p.m.
TrevorA
How am I off? Boeser had more ppg than ALL the players I listed. Also, brock was PP2 for half of the season.

Enjoy 50-60 pts at 10.M for the next 8 years. Haha.

I am not sour. I would be if I was a flames fan.

I find Guys who use “HaHa”, “LOL” and “LMAO” 😂 😆 to be unsure and insecure in their answers and comments, usually posturing or pretending to know more than they actually do

There’s absolutely no way Hubderdeau doesn’t rebound huge next season. Anybody who dismisses or forgets what he accomplished last season and throughout his career is both short sighted and delusional

The Flames are by far a better Team than Van, so it’s pretty ridiculous to be claiming and shouting out the things you are when you and your team are at the bottom of the heap
Apr. 19, 2023 at 6:27 p.m.
T_Hip
I find Guys who use “HaHa”, “LOL” and “LMAO” 😂 😆 to be unsure and insecure in their answers and comments, usually posturing or pretending to know more than they actually do

There’s absolutely no way Hubderdeau doesn’t rebound huge next season. Anybody who dismisses or forgets what he accomplished last season and throughout his career is both short sighted and delusional

The Flames are by far a better Team than Van, so it’s pretty ridiculous to be claiming and shouting out the things you are when you and your team are at the bottom of the heap

Don't project your inadequacies on me. Hubie has had only two good seasons in his career. And that was playing with high end team mates. Of which, the flames have none. Bottom of the heap? Van had the same amount of wins as the flames this year. And Van had to play with AHL goaltending for 1/2 the season.
I'll be sure to remind you of the "flames are better" next year.
Apr. 19, 2023 at 6:29 p.m.
TrevorA
Don't project your inadequacies on me. Hubie has had only two good seasons in his career. And that was playing with high end team mates. Of which, the flames have none. Bottom of the heap? Van had the same amount of wins as the flames this year. And Van had to play with AHL goaltending for 1/2 the season.
I'll be sure to remind you of the "flames are better" next year.

Please do. I have a feeling I wont be hearing from you again though. My Fingers are crossed that’s the case too 🤞
Apr. 19, 2023 at 8:37 p.m.
T_Hip
Please do. I have a feeling I wont be hearing from you again though. My Fingers are crossed that’s the case too 🤞

Now your fingers can match your eyes.
Maybe I should put in a bunch of emoji's so I can be a 12 year old girl like you. Or even worse, an old timer pretending to be cool.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll