$5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$505,000$505K)
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, C, RW
    RFA - 2
    $2,650,000$2,650,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$525,000$525K)
    RW
    RFA - 3
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, RW
    UFA
    $950,000$950,000
    C
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $762,500$762,500
    RW, C
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, LW, C
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    LD
    RFA - 2
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $3,800,000$3,800,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $1,850,000$1,850,000
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    RD
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 23, 2023 at 11:27 a.m.
    Banned
    Edited Apr. 23, 2023 at 11:56 a.m.. Reason: Edit
    Minnesota isn't doing this. You aren't getting two goid prospects from Minnesota for Taylor, then just body players / ahl / depth. David spacek is a top d prospect , and Caedan is becoming a top C prospect and for Minnesota to add 2nd round pick isn't happening
    Apr. 23, 2023 at 11:47 a.m.
    I thought the sabres might do this but it sounds like they like Jokiharju for the top 4 so probably have to ship murphy elsewhere
    gretzkyghosts liked this.
    Apr. 23, 2023 at 12:04 p.m.
    Quoting: Stadel
    I thought the sabres might do this but it sounds like they like Jokiharju for the top 4 so probably have to ship murphy elsewhere

Ugh. I'm afraid that you are right. It's very hard for me to look at the utter nonsense that took place in our zone and come to the conclusion that everything is just fine.
    Apr. 23, 2023 at 12:07 p.m.
    Quoting: sabres89
    Ugh. I'm afraid that you are right. It's very hard for me to look at the utter nonsense that took place in our zone and come to the conclusion that everything is just fine.

Nobody is actually ok with it. Just lots of sabres fans on here are knee deep in copium. Timid GM was picked by design cause he wont spend in any fashion.

They will draft just well enough to keep suckering fans in for their 9th place runs. Darcy Regier has returned.
    sabres89 liked this.
    Apr. 23, 2023 at 12:34 p.m.
    Edited Apr. 23, 2023 at 12:59 p.m.
    Quoting: MnWildPersonality
    Minnesota isn't doing this. You aren't getting two goid prospects from Minnesota for Taylor, then just body players / ahl / depth. David spacek is a top d prospect , and Caedan is becoming a top C prospect and for Minnesota to add 2nd round pick isn't happening

TRAd at 750K and 20 goal/40(ish) point is the kind of cheap productive contract playoff teams with cap constraints (you know, like ones that have 15 million in buyouts on the books) have been know to give up a first round pick for. Katchouck is an actual NHL player on a minimum contract and not a prospect who has yet to even play a professional game and is just as likely to never be even what Katchouck is. Roos is a pretty good prospect who had a real nice transition to NA this season and just helped knock out your very own AHL team out of the playoffs. He is not some AHL throw away, rather a NHL ready LHD. Hawks are super deep at LHD prospects so this is more a matter of giving from a position of strength (LHD) to get in a position of less depth (RHD) and trying to get a touch younger where the prospect added may arrive at the same time as the Hawks are ready to be good again. I am proposing moving 3 players on minimum deals that can help at the NHL level to a team that has 9 million in cap space and needs to figure out 4 forward spots (assuming Rossi will take 1), a couple D spots, and a goalie slot (which I am guessing Gustavsson will require a raise eating into the little cap space you don't have or you go with rushing Wallstedt to save some cap pennies). I assume the Wild would like to keep one of Dumba or Kling, but even if they don't which NHL roster spot is Spacek vying for (and when) Spurgeon, Faber, Addison (and the Wild have several other RHD prospects as well)?

This was the trade I figured to get the most pushback from Hawk fans primarily because Roos is a pretty good piece.
    gopherit liked this.
    Apr. 23, 2023 at 1:15 p.m.
    Banned
    Edited Apr. 23, 2023 at 1:30 p.m.. Reason: Response edit
    Quoting: wojohawk
    TRAd at 750K and 20 goal/40(ish) point is the kind of cheap productive contract playoff teams with cap constraints (you know, like ones that have 15 million in buyouts on the books) have been know to give up a first round pick for. Katchouck is an actual NHL player on a minimum contract and not a prospect who has yet to even play a professional game and is just as likely to never be even what Katchouck is. Roos is a pretty good prospect who had a real nice transition to NA this season and just helped knock out your very own AHL team out of the playoffs. He is not some AHL throw away, rather a NHL ready LHD. Hawks are super deep at LHD prospects so this is more a matter of giving from a position of strength (LHD) to get in a position of less depth (RHD) and trying to get a touch younger where the prospect added may arrive at the same time as the Hawks are ready to be good again. I am proposing moving 3 players on minimum deals that can help at the NHL level to a team that has 9 million in cap space and needs to figure out 4 forward spots (assuming Rossi will take 1), a couple D spots, and a goalie slot (which I am guessing Gustavsson will require a raise eating into the little cap space you don't have or you go with rushing Wallstedt to save some cap pennies). I assume the Wild would like to keep one of Dumba or Kling, but even if they don't which NHL roster spot is Spacek vying for (and when) Spurgeon, Faber, Addison (and the Wild have several other RHD prospects as well)?

This was the trade I figured to get the most pushback from Hawk fans primarily because Roos is a pretty good piece.

Ummn no, Minnesota has plenty of cheap players especially wingers and d. And bottom line players. What they need I'd 1c. You aren't getting any of this piece from Minnesota straight up. So with all due respect, go look Elsewhere. Wild don't deal their prospects especially for nothing pieces. Wild are the last team needing Ld when they are stacked there for now and future. You gave Minnesota 1good piece and two nothing pieces they don't need. Minnesota doesn't pay top prospect/ prospects & 2nd round pick for nothing pieces and 1 okay to good player because he's cheap. Nothing you offered besides Taylor is something Minnesota need. An undrafted LD? An LW Minnesota is stacked at? With all due respect, no deal and not how our gm operates

A prospect that's likely to never be what boris is? Which is what? A 4th liner? An LD who wouldn't even play un AHL due to high picks Minnesota has there? If your going to make that statement, every team than should just give up on their prospects according to you right? Dumba and Klingberg aren't being kept. David spacek is highly thought of, so is caedan. Just because Taylor had break out season and cheap doesn't make Him worth what you think. Minnesota gm doesn't have any history if trading 1st round picks or 2nd round picks or prospects. He traded a 2nd round pick once for Fleury. He builds through drafting.
    Apr. 23, 2023 at 5:14 p.m.
    Definitely wouldn't trade Stauber, especially in that Bailey dump. He was too good in his NHL appearances and I think he has the potential to overtake Soderblom in CHI's depth charts.
    Apr. 24, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
    A WILD Golden Gopher
    Quoting: MnWildPersonality

With all due respect, imma have to disagree with you on this. I think Minnesota accepts or at the very least seriously considers it. The main piece we'd want is Raddysh. In order to get him, we'll have to sacrifice at least one of our top prospects. If I'm Guerin, I'd try to fixate on obtaining Raddysh and that's it. I like the other 2 players you included but I don't see roster spots for them given our abundance of depth pieces in our system, as well as the fact that Evason & Guerin prefer grizzled veterans over youngsters when filling out the roster.

All that being said, I think the value is fair and I'd accept it if I were GM. smile
    Apr. 24, 2023 at 4:48 p.m.
    Quoting: gopherit
    With all due respect, imma have to disagree with you on this. I think Minnesota accepts or at the very least seriously considers it. The main piece we'd want is Raddysh. In order to get him, we'll have to sacrifice at least one of our top prospects. If I'm Guerin, I'd try to fixate on obtaining Raddysh and that's it. I like the other 2 players you included but I don't see roster spots for them given our abundance of depth pieces in our system, as well as the fact that Evason & Guerin prefer grizzled veterans over youngsters when filling out the roster.

All that being said, I think the value is fair and I'd accept it if I were GM. smile

I really think this is a win win for both sides. I get the grizzled vet preference in a perfect world, but the Wild cap situation is far from perfect and going to require some unpleasant choices to navigate the next 2 seasons (especially this Summer where the cap is not moving much). Katchouck & TRad are on 758K deals for next season which is under the league minimum (775K) on a new deal that you could sign one of those grizzled vets for...I know it is pennies but that is where you are at with those buyout caphits to try to field a team. Roos is 925K, but he can be sent to the minors without waivers if you have better and he is a guy that played a full season of SHL and split this year between Chicago and the AHL. The harsh reality for the Hawks is even if everything goes perfect (win the lotto and draft Bedard and he is as good as McDavid/Hughes type of prospect.....even those guys were sub 50 points in year one on pretty bad teams) they are going to be bad for several more years and guys in their mid 20's that are good (not great) are of very little use and not likely part of the equation by the time things turn for the Hawks. The Hawks move 3 mid 20's pieces on minimal contracts that are way more useful to a cap strapped contender while resetting the clock with 3 much younger pieces that hopefully have some role on a playoff level team 3 or 4 years out.
    gopherit liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll