M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Islanders
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 5
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,150,000$6,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
RFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
RFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
RW
RFA - 2
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$764,167$764,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:24 p.m.
Fasching is significantly better than Bailey. If any forward should be scratched it’s clutterbuck.
sensonfire and bagelbob liked this.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:31 p.m.
fasching should be in, i’d be intrigued to see lee with nelson and engvall with horvat/barzal. lee and horvat are redundant on the same line imo
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:34 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Db1899
Fasching is significantly better than Bailey. If any forward should be scratched it’s clutterbuck.

Quoting: bagelbob
fasching should be in, i’d be intrigued to see lee with nelson and engvall with horvat/barzal. lee and horvat are redundant on the same line imo

What has Fasching done in the series against Carolina that has impressed you?
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:36 p.m.
spoiled penguins fan
Quoting: sensonfire

Wondering the same lmao, 3 games and a donut in the stat sheet with a bad penalty added on as a cherry on top
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:36 p.m.

not much but the whole team’s been bad, he hasn’t been noticeably worse than everyone else IMO unlike martin/clutter who bring nothing to the table tbh. fasching was strong in the regular season
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:38 p.m.

Puck possession, hes driving offense and he forechecks well. Exactly what you want out of a 3rd line forward

Bailey is one of the worst forwards in the nhl
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:39 p.m.
Quoting: Pensman69
Wondering the same lmao, 3 games and a donut in the stat sheet with a bad penalty added on as a cherry on top

Didn’t know points were the only way to evaluate a bottom 6 forward. He’s one of their best two way forwards and can actually transition the puck which is one of the isles weaknesses
bagelbob liked this.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:40 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: bagelbob
not much but the whole team’s been bad, he hasn’t been noticeably worse than everyone else IMO unlike martin/clutter who bring nothing to the table tbh. fasching was strong in the regular season

Martin brings a physical element to his game while Clutter kills penalties with Cizikas.

Fasching might have been strong in the regular season, but the playoffs are a completely different animal.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:44 p.m.
Martin brings a physical element to his game while Clutter kills penalties with Cizikas.

Fasching might have been strong in the regular season, but the playoffs are a completely different animal.

fasching’s a better forechecker than either and is stronger on the puck. not to mention martin basically killed us today with that penalty at the end of the first.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:45 p.m.
sensonfire
Puck possession, hes driving offense and he forechecks well. Exactly what you want out of a 3rd line forward

Bailey is one of the worst forwards in the nhl

Has Bailey been one of the worst forwards in the NHL during the playoffs?
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:51 p.m.
Has Bailey been one of the worst forwards in the NHL during the playoffs?

The past two years combined , much bigger sample size. He can’t skate , pass, shoot or defend so I’m not sure where the upside is to put him in the lineup. He’s what you call a line killer
Apr. 23, 2023 at 4:51 p.m.
spoiled penguins fan
Edited Apr. 23, 2023 at 5:01 p.m.
Didn’t know points were the only way to evaluate a bottom 6 forward. He’s one of their best two way forwards and can actually transition the puck which is one of the isles weaknesses

Never said anything about points being the only way to evaluate a bottom 6 forward lol. If you’re gonna use that argument, show me where he’s one of their best 2 way forwards when he has a +-0 in the playoffs, so basically u can’t use the 2 way argument when there’s nothing showing for the offense or defense on his line that he’s noticeably responsible for aside from his line mates and it’s also worth noting, the Canes third line has notched 4 goals and the Isles third line that he plays on has 0 goals and 1 total point. So where’s his 2 way game coming from?
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 5:01 p.m.
Never said anything about points being the only way to evaluate a bottom 6 forward lol. If you’re gonna use that argument, show me where he’s one of their best 2 way forwards when he has a +-0 in the playoffs, so basically u can’t use the 2 way argument when there’s nothing showing for the offense on his line that he’s responsible for and it’s also worth noting, the Canes third line has notched 4 goals and the Isles third line that he plays on has 0 goals and 1 total point. So where’s his 2 way game coming from?

Now you’re using plus minus lol. Cmon man we’re in 2023. He’s the one who drives the 3rd line. His line is a shutdown line, they are matched up against the canes top 6. fasching is the one exiting the zone with possession and he’s the one that drives the play at both ends of the ice. The underlying numbers support that.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 5:13 p.m.
spoiled penguins fan
Now you’re using plus minus lol. Cmon man we’re in 2023. He’s the one who drives the 3rd line. His line is a shutdown line, they are matched up against the canes top 6. fasching is the one exiting the zone with possession and he’s the one that drives the play at both ends of the ice. The underlying numbers support that.

Yea I am very much using plus minus because he’s blank in every other stat category…

Even better, Canes top 6 has accounted for 11 total points and is a big reason why the Canes are up 3-1. Not to mention Burns and Slavin are dominating.

You can hide behind the stats and say what you want about points, plus minus, whatever other bogus but the reality is the on ice product speaks for itself lmao
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 5:16 p.m.
Engvall should be with Horvat and Barzal, Lee is 3 steps behind them and all times.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 6:10 p.m.
Yea I am very much using plus minus because he’s blank in every other stat category…

Even better, Canes top 6 has accounted for 11 total points and is a big reason why the Canes are up 3-1. Not to mention Burns and Slavin are dominating.

You can hide behind the stats and say what you want about points, plus minus, whatever other bogus but the reality is the on ice product speaks for itself lmao

Plus minus is the worst stat to use in evaluating players. It tells you nothing about a players actual impact. My point is fasching has been effective, this a fact. It is not debatable. You’re bringing up things that irrelevant to the fact that fasching is one of the isles best two way forwards.

A big reason why canes are up 3-1 is because they’ve had a lot of calls go their way. Game 2 was decided on a non call, they’ve had about 6-8 power plays based on plays that were not penalties.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 6:22 p.m.
spoiled penguins fan
Plus minus is the worst stat to use in evaluating players. It tells you nothing about a players actual impact. My point is fasching has been effective, this a fact. It is not debatable. You’re bringing up things that irrelevant to the fact that fasching is one of the isles best two way forwards.

A big reason why canes are up 3-1 is because they’ve had a lot of calls go their way. Game 2 was decided on a non call, they’ve had about 6-8 power plays based on plays that were not penalties.

Thanks for letting me know I won the argument as soon as I read the second paragraph of you directing the reason the Canes are up 3-1 being that it’s because of the refs. That’s just hilarious. Anyone that doesn’t know what they’re talking about goes and makes that exact assumption and blames the refs because they got their head up their ass.

Also you still haven’t shown me his “2 way game” and anything rather that supports your case. Instead, you’ve 1; blamed the refs and 2; continued to state the same things but have nothing to show for them?

In summary, as I said previously the on ice product speaks for itself and Fasching has no said “2 way game” that changes any element of him being on that third line both offensively and defensively. The donut in the stat sheet shows it, and the Canes top 6 production thus far shows it.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 6:37 p.m.
Thanks for letting me know I won the argument as soon as I read the second paragraph of you directing the reason the Canes are up 3-1 being that it’s because of the refs. That’s just hilarious. Anyone that doesn’t know what they’re talking about goes and makes that exact assumption and blames the refs because they got their head up their ass.

Also you still haven’t shown me his “2 way game” and anything rather that supports your case. Instead, you’ve 1; blamed the refs and 2; continued to state the same things but have nothing to show for them?

In summary, as I said previously the on ice product speaks for itself and Fasching has no said “2 way game” that changes any element of him being on that third line both offensively and defensively. The donut in the stat sheet shows it, and the Canes top 6 production thus far shows it.

When fasching is on the ice, the islanders are controlling 56% of the high danger chances. That is well above average. He also has the highest expected goals percentage in the bottom 6. Fasching has only been on the ice for 1 goal against, so you bringing canes top 6 production doesn’t really mean anything. The main point is that fasching is one of the isles best two way players, that is a fact as I have already proven that.

No offense, but you have to have an extremely low IQ to think that refs haven’t been a major factor in this series. Almost every neutral fan knows this.

Your reading comprehension is lacking - your points have no relevance to fasching s overall impact.

Two things that have very little to do with two way impact :

+\-
Points.

You brought up both.

Being a two way player involves driving play in the defensive zone by breaking up plays, exiting the zone with possession and driving your lines offense through transition play and getting the puck to high danger areas which fasching has done. High danger scoring chance % is the biggest indicator of a players 2 way impact, if you think your opinion is a better indicator of a players performance than the underlying numbers then you’ve got problems
Apr. 23, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
spoiled penguins fan
When fasching is on the ice, the islanders are controlling 56% of the high danger chances. That is well above average. He also has the highest expected goals percentage in the bottom 6. Fasching has only been on the ice for 1 goal against, so you bringing canes top 6 production doesn’t really mean anything. The main point is that fasching is one of the isles best two way players, that is a fact as I have already proven that.

No offense, but you have to have an extremely low IQ to think that refs haven’t been a major factor in this series. Almost every neutral fan knows this.

Your reading comprehension is lacking - your points have no relevance to fasching s overall impact.

Two things that have very little to do with two way impact :

+\-
Points.

You brought up both.

Being a two way player involves driving play in the defensive zone by breaking up plays, exiting the zone with possession and driving your lines offense through transition play and getting the puck to high danger areas which fasching has done. High danger scoring chance % is the biggest indicator of a players 2 way impact, if you think your opinion is a better indicator of a players performance than the underlying numbers then you’ve got problems

Yea his 56% high danger chances really seem to be making a difference for his line that has just 1 assist total of production on the series!!

You have not proved that he’s one of their best 2 way forwards lol. If anything you’ve proved why he isn’t a factor in the series at all with your lack of stats and the lack of production and effectiveness of the line mates around him. Lol.

Officiating has been questionable in almost every series and there are calls that could’ve been made for both sides. And I say that as a fan of a team outside the playoffs, watching the playoffs unbiasedly.

2 things that are arguably the most looked upon and most telling in the stat sheet, points and plus minus. Once again you’re wrong. The underlying stats don’t show how the stat sheet is played and don’t build the foundation for the production and defense, it’s the other way around. His high danger chances, driving offense, and breaking up plays don’t show for a thing when they don’t translate to any effect or outcome that shows he is in fact “one of the isles best 2 way players” and nothing less then a fringe bottom 6er.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 7:20 p.m.
Pens71
"Officiating has been questionable in almost every series and there are calls that could’ve been made for both sides. And I say that as a fan of a team outside the playoffs, watching the playoffs unbiasedly."

This is me too, unbiased fan and this statement could not be more true. Questionable calls everywhere but it doesn't take away from the fact that the better team will win the series. The refs calls are not changing any of these series.
sensonfire and Pensman69 liked this.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 9:12 p.m.
Yea his 56% high danger chances really seem to be making a difference for his line that has just 1 assist total of production on the series!!

You have not proved that he’s one of their best 2 way forwards lol. If anything you’ve proved why he isn’t a factor in the series at all with your lack of stats and the lack of production and effectiveness of the line mates around him. Lol.

Officiating has been questionable in almost every series and there are calls that could’ve been made for both sides. And I say that as a fan of a team outside the playoffs, watching the playoffs unbiasedly.

2 things that are arguably the most looked upon and most telling in the stat sheet, points and plus minus. Once again you’re wrong. The underlying stats don’t show how the stat sheet is played and don’t build the foundation for the production and defense, it’s the other way around. His high danger chances, driving offense, and breaking up plays don’t show for a thing when they don’t translate to any effect or outcome that shows he is in fact “one of the isles best 2 way players” and nothing less then a fringe bottom 6er.

It actually is making a difference. When he’s on the ice the isles spend most of the time generating chances and building momentum. They are rarely hemmed in their own zone. There is tremendous value in that. High danger chance % is a stat, are you really this delusional lol. Cmon man

You have no clue what to look for in evaluating players if you think points and +/- are the only things to look for in two way impact. “The underlying don’t show how the stat sheet is played” - do you realize how f*cking stupid this statement is 😂 . You talk like someone who believes the earth is flat. It doesn’t matter what facts are presented you still just spew BS that isn’t true.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 9:17 p.m.
Quoting: fmaximilian
"Officiating has been questionable in almost every series and there are calls that could’ve been made for both sides. And I say that as a fan of a team outside the playoffs, watching the playoffs unbiasedly."

This is me too, unbiased fan and this statement could not be more true. Questionable calls everywhere but it doesn't take away from the fact that the better team will win the series. The refs calls are not changing any of these series.

You talk as if your opinion is a fact. The refs have 100% had a huge impact in the series, not for both teams. When two teams are evenly matched and one is getting the more favorable calls, it definitely impacts the outcome of the series.
Apr. 23, 2023 at 9:48 p.m.
spoiled penguins fan
It actually is making a difference. When he’s on the ice the isles spend most of the time generating chances and building momentum. They are rarely hemmed in their own zone. There is tremendous value in that. High danger chance % is a stat, are you really this delusional lol. Cmon man

You have no clue what to look for in evaluating players if you think points and +/- are the only things to look for in two way impact. “The underlying don’t show how the stat sheet is played” - do you realize how f*cking stupid this statement is 😂 . You talk like someone who believes the earth is flat. It doesn’t matter what facts are presented you still just spew BS that isn’t true.

Never mentioned anything about high danger chances not being a stat. Now you’re just making things up because you are so lost in this discussion that you can’t come to fruition to accept that Hudson Fausching is at bare minimum, a fringe level bottom 6er.

Never said +- was only thing to determine a 2 way player’s impact.

“Facts are presented to you”…. What facts have you shown? Other then proving my point more and more of how Fausching hasn’t done anything *impressing* over any other Islanders players in this series and his play, the stat sheet, and the Cane’s top 6 production that him and his line are responsible for show it and back my opinion and statements up. The difference: Your’s don’t lmao.

Oh and that he’s not one of the Isles best 2 way players that was hilarious tho.
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 24, 2023 at 10:49 a.m.
Pens71
You talk as if your opinion is a fact. The refs have 100% had a huge impact in the series, not for both teams. When two teams are evenly matched and one is getting the more favorable calls, it definitely impacts the outcome of the series.

LOL, I loved when you said two evenly matched teams.....but game 4 loss had nothing to do with the refs.
sensonfire liked this.
Apr. 24, 2023 at 3:41 p.m.
Quoting: fmaximilian
LOL, I loved when you said two evenly matched teams.....but game 4 loss had nothing to do with the refs.

The isles have 3 of the top 5 forwards in the series and the better goaltender. D is where Carolina has the edge.

Isles have dominated the hurricanes at 5v5, Hurricanes spend most of their ice time hemmed in their zone.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll