SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Who would you rather have as GM of your favourite team?

Which GM?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:19 a.m.
This will be fun laugh
Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:22 a.m.
I already have one of them on my favourite team...cry
Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:23 a.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Would you rather have Dave Nonis or Joe Sakic? laugh
Jun. 19, 2017 at 1:25 a.m.
I'll stick with jim
Jun. 19, 2017 at 8:22 a.m.
get ur corsi up

Are you a Canucks fan?
Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:32 a.m.
Below Market Value
Benning made some pretty decent moves at the deadline this year. Acquiring Dahlen and Goldobin for Burrows and Hansen.
PrincessChloe liked this.
Jun. 19, 2017 at 9:36 a.m.
Not yet trannycided
I'd unironically pick Benning after he fleeced Ottawa and San Jose this winter.
Jdp liked this.
Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:09 a.m.
Quoting: boltscharge17

#anybodybutNonis

Quoting: DarylthePony

Are you a Canucks fan?

Gotta stick with my home team unfortunatly

Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Benning made some pretty decent moves at the deadline this year. Acquiring Dahlen and Goldobin for Burrows and Hansen.

Quoting: Snobalt

Guys guys, you're basing everything on two moves? What about the rest? Where do I start? Erikssons contract, Sbisas contract, Dorsetts contract, the Sutter trade, the Kassian trade, the Gudbranson trade, even little stupid things like Emerson Etem, who will be a nobody for the rest of his life, for Nicklas Jensen, who's putting up points in the AHL a lot. JB made two good moves, but all that bad heavily outweighs all the really bad
Jun. 19, 2017 at 10:24 a.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: boltscharge17

#anybodybutNonis

Quoting: DarylthePony

Are you a Canucks fan?

Gotta stick with my home team unfortunatly

Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Guys guys, you're basing everything on two moves? What about the rest? Where do I start? Erikssons contract, Sbisas contract, Dorsetts contract, the Sutter trade, the Kassian trade, the Gudbranson trade, even little stupid things like Emerson Etem, who will be a nobody for the rest of his life, for Nicklas Jensen, who's putting up points in the AHL a lot. JB made two good moves, but all that bad heavily outweighs all the really bad

I know he's not good. But compared to Nonis and Snow, I'd still take Benning.
Jun. 30, 2017 at 1:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Benning is a good GM. Garth Snow is the GM of one of my favourite teams, unfortunately.
Jul. 1, 2017 at 9:08 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Benning is a good GM. Garth Snow is the GM of one of my favourite teams, unfortunately.

Benning is a terrible GM. Period. I'd probably even have (gulp) Garth Snow GM Vancouver instead of Mr Benning
Jdp liked this.
Jul. 1, 2017 at 10:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Benning is a terrible GM. Period. I'd probably even have (gulp) Garth Snow GM Vancouver instead of Mr Benning

yeah, he only got them a really top prospect for Burrows, a great prospect and a pick for Hansen, etc. He was at least good at this year's deadline. And i think he did good this free agency.
PrincessChloe liked this.
Jul. 2, 2017 at 1:09 a.m.
Not yet trannycided

yeah, he only got them a really top prospect for Burrows, a great prospect and a pick for Hansen, etc. He was at least good at this year's deadline. And i think he did good this free agency.

For once we agree on something! Benning made some really crappy moves in the past, but in 2017 he has redeemed himself so far.
Jul. 2, 2017 at 1:50 a.m.

For once we agree on something! Benning made some really crappy moves in the past, but in 2017 he has redeemed himself so far.

Bwahaha redeemed himself. Signed a bunch of UFAs that eliminate roster spots for Juolevi, Subban, Boeser, Dahlen, etc. All he did was make them go from 29th to 25th. How does that help this rebuilding team that should be tanking
Jul. 8, 2017 at 11:47 p.m.
Banned

Bwahaha redeemed himself. Signed a bunch of UFAs that eliminate roster spots for Juolevi, Subban, Boeser, Dahlen, etc. All he did was make them go from 29th to 25th. How does that help this rebuilding team that should be tanking

It doesn't. I'm with you, I'm not happy with Bennings spending spree. Doesn't help them rebuild
Jul. 9, 2017 at 12:00 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

what's wrong with signing UFAs? They could always have Delzotto as their 7th d-man.
Jul. 9, 2017 at 5:25 a.m.
This is like asking if would rather die from drowning, suffocation, or lethal injection smile.... At least Snow has been hurt by players not wanting to be on Islanders for various reasons even refusing to play... Not to mention owners who had him on a budget or trades forced by circumstances. Canucks were like a team that won Pacific Division or would be competing for the title while Islanders been down and out smile. I'd rather Hank Hill be my GM or Dale Gribble if they were options though smile.
Jul. 9, 2017 at 10:28 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Daoloth
This is like asking if would rather die from drowning, suffocation, or lethal injection smile.... At least Snow has been hurt by players not wanting to be on Islanders for various reasons even refusing to play... Not to mention owners who had him on a budget or trades forced by circumstances. Canucks were like a team that won Pacific Division or would be competing for the title while Islanders been down and out smile. I'd rather Hank Hill be my GM or Dale Gribble if they were options though smile.

i took Benning cause he's not that bad.
Jul. 9, 2017 at 7:58 p.m.

Hehe he is good for me since teams I like are in the Pacific so hope he isn't going anywhere soon smile. I think Rob Blake is probably better than any of the 3 listed... Would have been funny if they had Dean Lombardi on that list though smile.
Jul. 9, 2017 at 8:56 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Hehe he is good for me since teams I like are in the Pacific so hope he isn't going anywhere soon smile. I think Rob Blake is probably better than any of the 3 listed... Would have been funny if they had Dean Lombardi on that list though smile.

well i have no idea what Dean Lombardi was doing with the Bishop trade with Tampa.
Jul. 10, 2017 at 12:43 a.m.

well i have no idea what Dean Lombardi was doing with the Bishop trade with Tampa.

If read enough of things that wrote would know it was pretty obvious... Basically he traded for Bishop to replace Quick who he would flip in a trade or lose in expansion draft. Especially if Sutter didn't shaft Bishop by not playing him enough... Bishop should have played every game except back to backs since Quick was coming back from injury not effective anyways... So risking playing him was dumb at best, people in organization realized it was cheaper to fire Sutter who alienated Drew Doughty while losing basically entire team who just quit dropping like stone... Not to mention Dean who only had 3 good trades in his entire career on Kings as GM, Carter, Williams, and Gaborik. That Zykov deal combined with the SEkera trade not to mention Martin Jones in the horrid Lucic deal including trading Miller fastest skater/hardest shot in AHL All STar game as right shooting D was enough of an idiot who never stopped working for the Flyers smile... Looking at almost all the deals it seemed he was always helping Flyers whether taking a bad contract or shipping them players like Schenn and Simmonds smile.
Jul. 10, 2017 at 1:29 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

If read enough of things that wrote would know it was pretty obvious... Basically he traded for Bishop to replace Quick who he would flip in a trade or lose in expansion draft. Especially if Sutter didn't shaft Bishop by not playing him enough... Bishop should have played every game except back to backs since Quick was coming back from injury not effective anyways... So risking playing him was dumb at best, people in organization realized it was cheaper to fire Sutter who alienated Drew Doughty while losing basically entire team who just quit dropping like stone... Not to mention Dean who only had 3 good trades in his entire career on Kings as GM, Carter, Williams, and Gaborik. That Zykov deal combined with the SEkera trade not to mention Martin Jones in the horrid Lucic deal including trading Miller fastest skater/hardest shot in AHL All STar game as right shooting D was enough of an idiot who never stopped working for the Flyers smile... Looking at almost all the deals it seemed he was always helping Flyers whether taking a bad contract or shipping them players like Schenn and Simmonds smile.

yah, he was doing pretty good as a GM until recently.
Jul. 10, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Don Sweeney

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit