After Severson Trade

Created by: hairyberry
Team: 2023-24 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 9, 2023
Published: Jun. 9, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
CBJ
    CBJ fans, would either of these guys be available? What would each of them cost?
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the LAK
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    Logo of the BOS
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    17$83,500,000$81,912,500$4,500,000$0$1,587,500
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Boston Bruins
    $6,125,000$6,125,000
    LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    $11,250,000$11,250,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $762,500$762,500
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    LD
    NTC, NMC
    UFA - 7
    $9,500,000$9,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $3,687,500$3,687,500
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $4,100,000$4,100,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $2,600,000$2,600,000
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $1,137,500$1,137,500
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 9, 2023 at 1:08 p.m.
    Honestly it doesn’t really matter, you don’t have the assets for them. Unless you are giving up swayman. Bruins are not really in a good spot as an organization. Top two centers are probably retiring. You’re cap strapped now that Pasta got paid. And you have no draft capital over the next couple years
    Jun. 9, 2023 at 1:24 p.m.
    Quoting: GirouxCrew
    Honestly it doesn’t really matter, you don’t have the assets for them. Unless you are giving up swayman. Bruins are not really in a good spot as an organization. Top two centers are probably retiring. You’re cap strapped now that Pasta got paid. And you have no draft capital over the next couple years

Lysell Merkulov and Lohrei are great prospects with top6/top4 upside, so the Bruins definitely have the assets to give a fair value deal. And regardless this has nothing to do with my question, I just want to know what the cost roughly would be. The Bruins don't have many draft picks but they will almost certainly be forced to acquire some by trading Ullmark/Gryz/Hall/etc.

A perennial cup contender "... not really in a good spot as an organization." What an outlandish and wreckless statement.
    hairyberry liked this.
    not a he )
    Both of them for one of your goalies, maybe?
    hairyberry liked this.
    Jun. 9, 2023 at 1:26 p.m.
    Quoting: squashmaple

That's a really interesting proposal, I'd probably do it for Ullmark and would at least consider it for Swayman. We'd probably have to move out Carlo in that case, probably in a package to get a centre.
    Jun. 9, 2023 at 2:30 p.m.

I would jump on that so fast if it was a possibility
    Jun. 9, 2023 at 2:46 p.m.

are we really acting like Peeke has any sort of crazy value? I get he played way more than he should have last year, but he was pretty awful and is making 2.75m.

Boqvist is solid, but I don't think any team is giving up an arm and a leg to acquire him
    Jun. 9, 2023 at 2:56 p.m.
    Quoting: LPProductions
    are we really acting like Peeke has any sort of crazy value? I get he played way more than he should have last year, but he was pretty awful and is making 2.75m.

Boqvist is solid, but I don't think any team is giving up an arm and a leg to acquire him

Columbus was decimated by injuries last year so the whole team was really bad. Bottom pairing guys playing hard top minutes against other teams best players. That’s why Peeke was a minus 40 something. But I was really only saying that Boston really only has like swayman and debrusk of expendable value and that won’t get them very far in terms of contending again next year. Boqvist would definitely cost at least a 2nd. He was the prize of the Seth Jones trade so they won’t give him up for nothing
    Jun. 9, 2023 at 3:19 p.m.
    Columbus was decimated by injuries last year so the whole team was really bad. Bottom pairing guys playing hard top minutes against other teams best players. That’s why Peeke was a minus 40 something. But I was really only saying that Boston really only has like swayman and debrusk of expendable value and that won’t get them very far in terms of contending again next year. Boqvist would definitely cost at least a 2nd. He was the prize of the Seth Jones trade so they won’t give him up for nothing

Lol. "Boston doesn't have the assets to do this" "Boqvist would cost a 2nd". Yeah man totally can't afford that!
    Jun. 9, 2023 at 3:23 p.m.
    Quoting: hairyberry
    Lol. "Boston doesn't have the assets to do this" "Boqvist would cost a 2nd". Yeah man totally can't afford that!

Umm Boston doesn’t have any second round picks in the next 3 years. Through 2025 they only have a first and 2 thirds
    Jun. 9, 2023 at 3:26 p.m.
    Umm Boston doesn’t have any second round picks in the next 3 years. Through 2025 they only have a first and 2 thirds

I knew you'd say that lol you're just being pedantic at this point. Okay they don't have 2nds but they have things *of equal or more value* than a 2nd. They could easily flip Hall or Gryz or Ullmark for at least a 2nd. All three prospects I mentioned earlier are worth more than a 2nd.

The whole point of this wasn't "let's debate Boston's draft capital and farm system" it was "what's the value of Peeke and Boqvist"
    Jun. 9, 2023 at 6:15 p.m.

Quoting: hairyberry
    That's a really interesting proposal, I'd probably do it for Ullmark and would at least consider it for Swayman. We'd probably have to move out Carlo in that case, probably in a package to get a centre.

Quoting: Trevor31lv
    I would jump on that so fast if it was a possibility

would definitely be interested in that proposal, maybe throw in a mid round pick and u got a deal for Ullmark, Sway might cost a bit more
    Jun. 10, 2023 at 5:44 p.m.
    Quoting: princessTom
    would definitely be interested in that proposal, maybe throw in a mid round pick and u got a deal for Ullmark, Sway might cost a bit more

thats a pretty dreadful trade for two defensemen that would be on our bottom pair. No chance the bruins do that
    Jun. 10, 2023 at 6:05 p.m.
    thats a pretty dreadful trade for two defensemen that would be on our bottom pair. No chance the bruins do that

ya its not great, even w a 2nd rounder thrown in, but Boqvist is pretty solid and theres no room for him in CBJ anymore

Also dont think the return for Ullmark would be as good as Bruins fans expect it would be, hopefully they get a young C + picks, but it also does get rid of 5mill in cap space
    Jun. 10, 2023 at 6:18 p.m.
    ya its not great, even w a 2nd rounder thrown in, but Boqvist is pretty solid and theres no room for him in CBJ anymore

Also dont think the return for Ullmark would be as good as Bruins fans expect it would be, hopefully they get a young C + picks, but it also does get rid of 5mill in cap space

I get that other teams know the Bruins cap situation, but I can't see them not getting at least a 1st (or something of equivalent value) and then some.

Again, a different scenario, but Kuemper got a 1st, good defensive prospect in Connor Timmins and a 3rd. Kuemper had one more year on his deal for $4.5m. I'm not settling for anything less than a similar return if I'm trading the reigning Vezina winner
    Jun. 10, 2023 at 7:31 p.m.
    I get that other teams know the Bruins cap situation, but I can't see them not getting at least a 1st (or something of equivalent value) and then some.

Again, a different scenario, but Kuemper got a 1st, good defensive prospect in Connor Timmins and a 3rd. Kuemper had one more year on his deal for $4.5m. I'm not settling for anything less than a similar return if I'm trading the reigning Vezina winner

Totally forgot about that trade, AZ did well in getting a solid return there

But idk if any team is willing to pay a 1st + for him. The cap situation along with a (possibly) outlier szn on the best team in NHL history did help boost his numbers (but he did play great all reg szn)

I get ur comparison, and by those standards then ur right the return should be hefty, i had a 2nd/3rd + solid C prospect as a rough gauge, just curious, what would be ur ideal return for Ullmark?
    Jun. 11, 2023 at 1:09 p.m.
    Totally forgot about that trade, AZ did well in getting a solid return there

But idk if any team is willing to pay a 1st + for him. The cap situation along with a (possibly) outlier szn on the best team in NHL history did help boost his numbers (but he did play great all reg szn)

I get ur comparison, and by those standards then ur right the return should be hefty, i had a 2nd/3rd + solid C prospect as a rough gauge, just curious, what would be ur ideal return for Ullmark?

Honestly, I'd still like to keep Ullmark this year.

If Sweeney does decide to trade him, I'd look for a 1st, cheap young roster player like Brett Howden/Heinola (not saying they are available, just those type of players) and another pick. People have this notion that the Bruins have to trade Ullmark, they don't. They can keep their roster pretty in tact if they buyout Reilly, trade Forbort and keep Freddy/Swayman on one-year deals ~4.5m combined
    Jun. 11, 2023 at 4:54 p.m.
    Honestly, I'd still like to keep Ullmark this year.

If Sweeney does decide to trade him, I'd look for a 1st, cheap young roster player like Brett Howden/Heinola (not saying they are available, just those type of players) and another pick. People have this notion that the Bruins have to trade Ullmark, they don't. They can keep their roster pretty in tact if they buyout Reilly, trade Forbort and keep Freddy/Swayman on one-year deals ~4.5m combined

Easier said than done ofc, BOS would have to accept a minimal return for Forbort (5th/6th rounder) and Freddy and Sway combined probably make roughly 6mill (Freddy: 2.5 Sway: 3.5) but could be more or less

Dont forget they only have 7 forwards signed for next year (1 of which is Greer who should be considered a 13th F) so call it 6F signed. Assuming they resign freddy and bring up 2 from providence (Lauko/ Steen + Merkulov for example) they still gotta sign around 3F in FA, on top of dealing with replacements for Forbort/Reilly/Grz or whomever they move on D.

Its a tough call for sure, but after the szn Ullmark had, his value would never be higher and BOS needs Centres for the future and cap relief right now, IMO best solution would be to trade him

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll