Forums/Armchair-GM

Hit the gas

Created by: Wjdjdkf
Team: 2023-24 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 19, 2023
Published: Jun. 19, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
To all the “detroit has too many LD” commenters, will any reach Hanifin’s level? If so, when? Putting two potential together for a right now sure thing who can play top pair minutes. Whether you agree or not, curious in feedback on the return. Hard to gauge these assets….

Switched back to Zadina as the return piece to Ottawa based on Seravalli tweet today naming him. His point was Ottawa has less leverage than most people assume.

I think this is a playoff team that still would have nearly $30M for resigning it’s young stars next year. Should have more cheap contracts in the roster next year as prospects grow in GR.

Not likely but I’m sick of the rebuild and looking to kickstart it.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$950,000
8$8,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,750,000
2$2,250,000
3$3,290,000
6$5,250,000
1$1,250,000
Trades
DET
  1. DeBrincat, Alex [RFA Rights]
OTT
  1. Zadina, Filip
  2. 2023 1st round pick (NYI)
  3. 2024 4th round pick (DAL)
DET
  1. Hanifin, Noah
  2. Lindholm, Elias
  3. Vladar, Daniel
Additional Details:
Would need to lock up at least Hanafin with an extension
CGY
  1. Edvinsson, Simon
  2. Johansson, Albert
  3. Kubalik, Dominik
Additional Details:
What picks would need to be included?
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$78,984,722$0$3,407,500$4,515,278
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NTC
UFA - 8
$8,250,000$8,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$878,333$878,333 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,200,000$2,200,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,290,000$3,290,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 19, 2023 at 10:00 p.m.
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
Out of the pieces I'd be willing to trade to get DeBrincat; I'd do Berggren. He's a decent player; more than I think I realize, but other than his offensive capabilities he doesn't bring much else.
Mazur, for example, is a good goalscorer; but he's also defensively responsible. Also, more importantly, can throw around his body.
You don't get that from Berggren and you won't get that from DeBrincat.

Quoting: Wjdjdkf
Understood. My experience on this website is fans overvalue their own prospects. If I can get a top 4 dman that’s 26 and playing 20+ minutes a night and a 28 year old center who’s floor is 20 goals and scored 40 two years ago, I’m gonna go get em.

Keep in mind with your window analogy, that there’s two sides to that analogy. For example, Larkin’s in his prime now. Isn’t there an equal argument to be using that to its full potential. Especially with the war chest of picks and prospects.

Suppose Servelli is wrong and it is Begerren needed to make Debrincat deal? Do you make it. Or just hope he gets his 40 goal season before Larkin is on the wrong side of 30…

I’m not sure just asking

Guys as a sens fan I Sincerely don't see any trade with Detroit for Debrincat will benefit the sens it will only make our division rival better. Listening to all the rumours it doesn't sound like were going to get even value for debrincat so trading a 40 Goal scorer to a division Rival for a mid to bad return is just not a good move. The servelli trade is awful for Ottawa. Trading a 40 goal scorer for a fourth liner and a mid first round pick to a rival would be a massive L. We would just be helping you guys. it would be much better trading with STL, CAR, Dallas. Even if you guys trade us a decent prospect Debrincat is still more valuable than said prospect because Dcat is a proven 40 goal scorer and we would be very lucky for the prospect in return to become anywhere near the player Debrincat is at the moment. That being said prospects for us aren't as valuable because we're trying to compete RN not later. We don't have time for young players to develop anymore the time is now. all our prospects are on the team now.
Jun. 19, 2023 at 10:04 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: Neptune12
Guys as a sens fan I Sincerely don't see any trade with Detroit for Debrincat will benefit the sens it will only make our division rival better. Listening to all the rumours it doesn't sound like were going to get even value for debrincat so trading a 40 Goal scorer to a division Rival for a mid to bad return is just not a good move. The servelli trade is awful for Ottawa. Trading a 40 goal scorer for a fourth liner and a mid first round pick to a rival would be a massive L. We would just be helping you guys. it would be much better trading with STL, CAR, Dallas. Even if you guys trade us a decent prospect Debrincat is still more valuable than said prospect because Dcat is a proven 40 goal scorer and we would be very lucky for the prospect in return to become anywhere near the player Debrincat is at the moment. That being said prospects for us aren't as valuable because we're trying to compete RN not later. We don't have time for young players to develop anymore the time is now. all our prospects are on the team now.

I agree -- I just don't think a trade is feasible.
I do disagree that he is a proven 40G scorer.
He did it twice with one of the best playmakers in the league; if he requires that caliber of a player to feed him pucks, then he's not a 40G scorer.
Maybe he rebounds this year; I think that's Ottawa's best bet or else they'll have to sell low -- GMs are probably asking the same question of "is he a 40G scorer or is he like a 30G scorer that was elevated by Patrick Kane?"
Jun. 19, 2023 at 10:19 p.m.
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
I agree -- I just don't think a trade is feasible.
I do disagree that he is a proven 40G scorer.
He did it twice with one of the best playmakers in the league; if he requires that caliber of a player to feed him pucks, then he's not a 40G scorer.
Maybe he rebounds this year; I think that's Ottawa's best bet or else they'll have to sell low -- GMs are probably asking the same question of "is he a 40G scorer or is he like a 30G scorer that was elevated by Patrick Kane?"

I don't think he was elevated by Patrick Kane (look at Patrick Kane without Dcat he sucks) he is a very very good player and you can tell watching him play, there's multiple reasons as to why he didn't score as much this year but I don't feel like typing all of it so im just going to say keep it brief:
1. New team, New city, first trade, new baby.
2. #1 centre hurt (Norris) so Rookie pinto had to step up and struggled.
3. DJ Smith's structure was very bad for the style of hockey DCat play's. (which is why every sens fan wants him out)
4. less opportunities and TOI with ottawa. DCat and Kane were always on the ice for each PP and Ozone draw ( he also played the full 2mins of PP). This isn't the case here in ottawa because of internal competition.
5. Just very unlucky You don't have to count this one but I've never seen anyone hit so many posts in a season before and im not kidding guys had to cheer him up with all the posts he was hitting this past season.

I 100% Believe he will score more goals next season if he gets to play with Norris or stutzle. (if he stays in ottawa)

I also think keeping him for 1 year and trading him at the TDL for a better return would be the best Idea.
Jun. 20, 2023 at 9:07 a.m.
Curious what tweet you are talking about that mentioned Zadina? I didn't see anything from Seravalli mentioning him yesterday. Care to link it?
Jun. 20, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
Some great points. But I think Detroit’s biggest issue is top end NHL talent. Harder to find that via draft and free agency. Adding two 40 goal scorers and a top four D man should make this team competitive today and moving forward.

Hanifin wants out of Calgary and the rumor mill is swirling? Is there any package Calgary could create to make this work? Would Wallinder be enough going the other way. Trying to be realistic. Conroe isn’t an idiot and you have to give to get. Edvidsson looks like a blue chip prospect and you’d need that to make a deal liek this work.

And yes as stated obviously dependent on ability to sign long term.

If Steve is going to trade a Dman, it'll be Wallinder, who is very boom/bust. Wallinder has a top 2 ceiling, but also a Euro-only contract floor (a pretty wide variance). Johansson could be a piece going as well. Kubalik is just a throw-in (which I don't understand why everyone thinks DET is going to trade Kubalik, he's a goal scorer on a team that can't score goals). I would even throw in a 2nd rounder in 2023 to make a Wallinder/Johansson/Kubalik deal work, and even add the 3rd rounder for Vladar.

I just think if Conroy is going to move 2 of his best players, unless he has some magic in the bag, he might as well blow it all up, because they won't be a playoff team next year.
Wjdjdkf liked this.
Jun. 20, 2023 at 1:33 p.m.
No time to read the thread but this is obviously not enough for ADB

Change Zadina (no interest) for Kubalik and the 4th for a 2nd or 3rd
Jun. 20, 2023 at 2:23 p.m.
Quoting: rednwhite
Curious what tweet you are talking about that mentioned Zadina? I didn't see anything from Seravalli mentioning him yesterday. Care to link it?

https://twitter.com/cominginhotsens/status/1670916616790441984?s=46&t=qw7waK97Q3DB2lQsGYw3JQ

This is the video linked in the tweet below
https://twitter.com/sensbuzz/status/1670871953064841216?s=46&t=qw7waK97Q3DB2lQsGYw3JQ
Jun. 20, 2023 at 2:31 p.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
No time to read the thread but this is obviously not enough for ADB

Change Zadina (no interest) for Kubalik and the 4th for a 2nd or 3rd

Your opinion and thanks for providing your idea on the return. Again I updated trade based in Seravalli’s statement on it. You can disagree with him. I linked the video of him above. He mentions Zadina by name and says he doesn’t see significant rostered players returning to Ottawa.

I’d caution you against using words like “obviously”, specifically when well sourced insiders have the exact opposite view.
Jun. 20, 2023 at 2:39 p.m.
Quoting: TMarch
If Steve is going to trade a Dman, it'll be Wallinder, who is very boom/bust. Wallinder has a top 2 ceiling, but also a Euro-only contract floor (a pretty wide variance). Johansson could be a piece going as well. Kubalik is just a throw-in (which I don't understand why everyone thinks DET is going to trade Kubalik, he's a goal scorer on a team that can't score goals). I would even throw in a 2nd rounder in 2023 to make a Wallinder/Johansson/Kubalik deal work, and even add the 3rd rounder for Vladar.

I just think if Conroy is going to move 2 of his best players, unless he has some magic in the bag, he might as well blow it all up, because they won't be a playoff team next year.

I think he very well might blow it up. Looking at that division Calgary is well behind Edmonton and Vegas in terms of talent. LA continues to improve. He’s got a lot of contracts expiring this year so he will either need to extend them and hope to pass one of the above teams in a short window, or hit reset and sell off assets. Hanafin won’t be the only player that opts to play elsewhere. Conroy need to look no further than Detroit to see the cost of delaying a necessary roster overhaul. I don’t have a crystal ball but I think Calgary may have an active draft night.
Jun. 20, 2023 at 6:53 p.m.
Your opinion and thanks for providing your idea on the return. Again I updated trade based in Seravalli’s statement on it. You can disagree with him. I linked the video of him above. He mentions Zadina by name and says he doesn’t see significant rostered players returning to Ottawa.

I’d caution you against using words like “obviously”, specifically when well sourced insiders have the exact opposite view.

Fair enough. Honestly, I have no idea how these trade talks start because I don't follow any of these rumors... It would be shocking to see Zadina being the roster player the Sens get back and frankly on par with Dorion total mismanagement
Wjdjdkf liked this.
Jun. 20, 2023 at 9:00 p.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
Fair enough. Honestly, I have no idea how these trade talks start because I don't follow any of these rumors... It would be shocking to see Zadina being the roster player the Sens get back and frankly on par with Dorion total mismanagement

I was surprised to see that video yesterday too. I trust Frank more than my gut. I guess we’ll see if he’s right. To your point, feels like Ottawa should charge a premium for Detroit specifically being they’re fighting for the same playoff slot.
Jun. 21, 2023 at 1:05 p.m.
I was surprised to see that video yesterday too. I trust Frank more than my gut. I guess we’ll see if he’s right. To your point, feels like Ottawa should charge a premium for Detroit specifically being they’re fighting for the same playoff slot.

Imagine trading DeBrincat to Detroit, having him making the difference between a Wings over the Sens playoff spot and all you got in the end was Fiip Zadina and 2 picks that you miss on it...

But again, I can't say that I would be shocked to see that from Dorion
Wjdjdkf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll