SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

Debrincat to DET

Created by: Haynezy
Published: Jun. 20, 2023 at 9:42 p.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 185/186 (99%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has been rejected because the cap hit of one of the teams is below the lower limit

Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fabbri, RobbyDetroit Red WingsNHL-$3,978,495011---0000--
Zadina, FilipDetroit Red WingsNHL-$1,815,188011---0000--
2023 2nd round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
DeBrincat, AlexOttawa SenatorsNHL-$0011---0000--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$30,665,2781528515815
Change$5,793,683-1-2-10-10
Final$36,458,961 (↑)14 (↓)26 (↓)50 (↓)57 (↓)15000

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
DeBrincat, AlexOttawa SenatorsNHL-$0011---0000--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Fabbri, RobbyDetroit Red WingsNHL-$3,978,495011---0000--
Zadina, FilipDetroit Red WingsNHL-$1,815,188011---0000--
2023 2nd round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$17,075,9531130452313
Change-$5,793,683121010
Final$11,282,270 (↓)12 (↑)32 (↑)46 (↑)24 (↑)13000
Jun. 20, 2023 at 11:05 p.m.
Come on now. There is no way Ottawa accepts this and honestly they are probably offended by this offer.

Fabbri's knees are garbage and Zadina is a bottom 6 winger.
Jun. 21, 2023 at 12:27 a.m.
couldnt afford 2nd t
Quoting: aedoran
Come on now. There is no way Ottawa accepts this and honestly they are probably offended by this offer.

Fabbri's knees are garbage and Zadina is a bottom 6 winger.

Fabbri doesn't make sense in the trade, but I don't think this is that far off what they will get. They are dealing from a position of weakness because they need the cap space for other needs, and Debrincat may not be happy about playing out the year in limbo. The market is also weak.

It will probably be something like Zadina+41st overall+2024 2nd that upgrades to a 1st if Detroit makes the conference final.

That's a garbage return where they can at least spin it like the got a top prospect, a 1st, and a 2nd. (Even know it's really a bust, a 2nd, and a 2nd.)

Ottawa probably asks for NYI 1st, but they might not get it if they can't create a market for Debrincat.

Debrincat's list of teams he would extend with is very short. Dorion is going to have a difficult time creating a market unless someone comes into play who likes Debrincat enough to risk taking him on a 1 year deal in hopes of selling him on an extension. Debrincat's list is almost all teams who don't have the cap to pay him.
aedoran and JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Jun. 21, 2023 at 1:28 a.m.
Quoting: budgeteam
Fabbri doesn't make sense in the trade, but I don't think this is that far off what they will get. They are dealing from a position of weakness because they need the cap space for other needs, and Debrincat may not be happy about playing out the year in limbo. The market is also weak.

It will probably be something like Zadina+41st overall+2024 2nd that upgrades to a 1st if Detroit makes the conference final.

That's a garbage return where they can at least spin it like the got a top prospect, a 1st, and a 2nd. (Even know it's really a bust, a 2nd, and a 2nd.)

Ottawa probably asks for NYI 1st, but they might not get it if they can't create a market for Debrincat.

Debrincat's list of teams he would extend with is very short. Dorion is going to have a difficult time creating a market unless someone comes into play who likes Debrincat enough to risk taking him on a 1 year deal in hopes of selling him on an extension. Debrincat's list is almost all teams who don't have the cap to pay him.

From Yzerman's press conference I don't think he moves either 1st round pick.
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Jun. 21, 2023 at 1:41 a.m.
Quoting: budgeteam

Before the presser. I was thinking Kubalik , Hanas and the 17th pick (NYI 1st)
Jun. 21, 2023 at 6:15 a.m.
Quoting: aedoran
From Yzerman's press conference I don't think he moves either 1st round pick.

I heard about 20 minutes of it... he indicated that he's going to do his due diligence as all GMs should to see what's out there though he "intends to pick" at the spots he's at. I think if a good enough offer come in, he'd consider moving one of them. Don't think it'll be for Debrincat, though... he has too much leverage in that situation.
Jun. 21, 2023 at 8:09 a.m.
Realistically adb calls the shots here. Ottawa will get what they can and if he is really as keen as the media says to play for Detroit then id say stevie would offer up something along these lines

Kubalik
23 blues 2nd
23 wings 2nd

As a wings fan id be ecstatic but it all depends on how bad adb fights to be moved
Jun. 21, 2023 at 3:26 p.m.
couldnt afford 2nd t
Lebrun reported today via talking to sources around the league, he believes Dorion would view a 2024 pick as equally as valuable as a 2023.

I find that hard to believe given how it's always better to get a pick a year earlier (the player develops sooner), and the 2023 draft is not seen as a weak one. I think it's likely a case where he is now willing to settle for a 2024 1st round pick, because the reality is that a 2023 1st round pick might not be on the table.

BOS 2024 1st+Zadina and maybe a B or C prospect is probably a realistic best case scenario.

Zadina is a bust at this point, but there is the 1 percent chance he somehow puts it together. His contract makes him a negative, as he is likely waiver fodder. From an optics POV, it's a good pick up from Ottawa because your average fan gets attached to draft position and name value. Similar to how quite a few Senators fans still think Brannstrom has a lot of value, they will see Zadina as a good piece and not a bust.

Maybe include a Husso for Forsberg swap with retention on Husso, or Yzerman also taking Joseph (since Husso and Zadina both are negative contracts at this point). Husso isn't working out in Detroit, and Ottawa might be worried about going with Forsberg due to the unpredictability of how he will perform coming back from a double knee injury.

Something like:
-Zadina 2 x 1.825M
-Husso 2 x 2.750M (original cap hit is 4.750M, Detroit retains 2.000M)
-BOS 2024 1st Round Pick (Top 10 Protected)

for

-Debrincat 8x8.000M (Sign and trade, 8x8 give or take a few 100k in either direction)
-Forsberg 2x2.750M

An alternative to Forsberg for Husso would be Joseph for Husso, but I don't think Dorion would want to give up on Joseph this early. While I suspect Detroit will try to improve in net, that also leaves them without a lot of goalie depth, even if Husso is coming off of a bad season and is a huge question mark due to his limited resume prior to signing with Detroit. Obviously, you can take out the Husso swap entirely and still just do Zadino+BOS 1st for Debrincat.
Jun. 21, 2023 at 5:39 p.m.
I think Pierre Dorion is not interested in draft picks/prospects and would rather have roster players he can put into the line-up.

Based on the moves Ottawa has been making (such as trading for Chychrun and Debrincat) Ottawa is focused on the present and would like to get better immediately. Draft picks will prolong the process as Ottawa will have to wait for them to develop.

This is a very risky trade for Ottawa but could work out in their favor. I could see Zadina thriving on a line with Stuzle. Zadina is still young and atleast he has consistently been in the line-up for Detroit. Many times a high draft pick has been traded and a change of scenery has benefited them. Fabbri is a liability but is proven when he is in the line-up and he can play centre. Ottawa is looking for depth and even if Fabbri only plays 50 games and contributes 35 points that could be the difference for Ottawa making the playoffs or not. Also, I think Ottawa will trade for Carter Hart to solve their goaltending issues.

Detroit however is not looking to get better immediately, hence, the Hronek trade. I think Detroit will be taking a slight step-back and will want to keep both of their 1st round picks. They will sign Debrincat long-term and may be able to compete for a playoff spot in 2 - 4 years.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll