C
UFA - 7
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 7
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$918,333$918,333
C, LW
RFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
G
RFA - 2
$916,667$916,667 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,333,333$3,333,333
RD
UFA - 3
$837,500$837,500
G
RFA - 1
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 7
$687,500$687,500
RD
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,500,000$2,500,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 2, 2023 at 12:22 a.m.
With Quinn being out for the year, I simply don't see Olofsson moving at this point. Play Okposo as well, and let Rousek and Kulich get big minutes in Rochester; and both would be first call ups as well. Adam's has this team in a spot where there is no need to rush development.

I am also luke warm on moving Jokiharju. He has game, and both Clifton and Johnson allow him to be put in a position to excel. Granted, he is running out of runway in Buffalo, but I think seeing what he has to start the season is worth it. For the first time as a Sabre, he will be fighting for icetime. Maybe the push he needs, or could be the push out. Just wouldn't be hasty.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jul. 2, 2023 at 1:31 a.m.
Sabres are elite
Quoting: swinny
With Quinn being out for the year, I simply don't see Olofsson moving at this point. Play Okposo as well, and let Rousek and Kulich get big minutes in Rochester; and both would be first call ups as well. Adam's has this team in a spot where there is no need to rush development.

I am also luke warm on moving Jokiharju. He has game, and both Clifton and Johnson allow him to be put in a position to excel. Granted, he is running out of runway in Buffalo, but I think seeing what he has to start the season is worth it. For the first time as a Sabre, he will be fighting for icetime. Maybe the push he needs, or could be the push out. Just wouldn't be hasty.

Quinn is not out for the season, 4-6 months as of July 1, so he should be back by Nov-Dec. They should keep Olofsson for depth until he returns but they have to open up a spot or two on the offense if guys like Kulich, Savoie, or Rosen show they are ready in training camp. That's not rushing development if they are 100% ready for the NHL, you can stunt development by holding players back when they are ready to make the jump.
Burnzie8_88_4Cup liked this.
Jul. 2, 2023 at 8:44 a.m.
Hawks decline. They aren't giving up a pick for Olafsson, and with 14 forwards under contract already, there's no place in the lineup for him anyway.
Jul. 2, 2023 at 12:26 p.m.
I like Rousek with Kulich.
Jul. 2, 2023 at 9:30 p.m.
buffalofan

okpo can't keep up anymore its very obvious when he is trying to get into an odd man rush.
rousk and kulich had great years in ahl and are ready for nhl according to adams
i like olo but kulich has a more complete game already than olo, may not have the same scoring touch initially but too good for ahl at this point.
(was also something in the news about olo expecting to be traded this offseason tho was before quinn injury)
Jok was not brought in by Adams so i kind of expect his prefrence to be the 3 rhd he brought in going forward.
Jul. 2, 2023 at 9:32 p.m.
buffalofan
Quoting: Hawksguy81
Hawks decline. They aren't giving up a pick for Olafsson, and with 14 forwards under contract already, there's no place in the lineup for him anyway.

really anywhear that wants an extra 25 goal guy for a pick, chi just keeps adding them recently.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:12 a.m.
Quoting: jonnymc26
okpo can't keep up anymore its very obvious when he is trying to get into an odd man rush.
rousk and kulich had great years in ahl and are ready for nhl according to adams
i like olo but kulich has a more complete game already than olo, may not have the same scoring touch initially but too good for ahl at this point.
(was also something in the news about olo expecting to be traded this offseason tho was before quinn injury)
Jok was not brought in by Adams so i kind of expect his prefrence to be the 3 rhd he brought in going forward.

Not about to disagree with your Okoposo assessment. But, as a 4th line guy, he did just fine last year. Having a vet presence on the ice will not be a bad thing. I would say it's why Johnson was signed in the back end, where they were certainly better options, but, there is something to be said about the veteran calm.

Again, I agree with you on Kulich and Rousek. And they very well may make the team.out if camp. But I see Oloffson as a known entity - his strengths and flaws. He is a 20 goal scorer..... and if moved up the lineup, maybe hits 30. Adding in the fun fact that Mittlestadt was top 5 in the NHL last year in primary assists over 60 minutes (right?), it could be an offensive boost if that trend continues. For me there is no doubt Kulich and Rousek are going to be NHLers, I just debate if this is the year..... 24-25, is what I am thinking.

Have to keep in mind, the Atlantic changed dramatically for 23-24. The Leafs are the Leafs (noting I am not a fan of what they did), the Panthers I think bounced back as a regular season force. Tampa and Boston took big steps back - which opens up playoff possibilities for the Sens, Detroit and yes.... Buffalo.

Starting the kids seeing that possibility is risky in the sense of they are rookies making rookie mistakes - which would be highlighted by just how young this team is. Oloffson is just the entity you know what you're getting. And something tells me that if it looks like the Sabres miss going into the deadline, Oloffson then gets more than he does in the offseason.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:28 a.m.
Not about to disagree with your Okoposo assessment. But, as a 4th line guy, he did just fine last year. Having a vet presence on the ice will not be a bad thing. I would say it's why Johnson was signed in the back end, where they were certainly better options, but, there is something to be said about the veteran calm.

Again, I agree with you on Kulich and Rousek. And they very well may make the team.out if camp. But I see Oloffson as a known entity - his strengths and flaws. He is a 20 goal scorer..... and if moved up the lineup, maybe hits 30. Adding in the fun fact that Mittlestadt was top 5 in the NHL last year in primary assists over 60 minutes (right?), it could be an offensive boost if that trend continues. For me there is no doubt Kulich and Rousek are going to be NHLers, I just debate if this is the year..... 24-25, is what I am thinking.

Have to keep in mind, the Atlantic changed dramatically for 23-24. The Leafs are the Leafs (noting I am not a fan of what they did), the Panthers I think bounced back as a regular season force. Tampa and Boston took big steps back - which opens up playoff possibilities for the Sens, Detroit and yes.... Buffalo.

Starting the kids seeing that possibility is risky in the sense of they are rookies making rookie mistakes - which would be highlighted by just how young this team is. Oloffson is just the entity you know what you're getting. And something tells me that if it looks like the Sabres miss going into the deadline, Oloffson then gets more than he does in the offseason.
You may be a Leafs fan but you certainly know your hockey.
An in depth comment supported by evidence.
Completely agree with your entire post, you said it much better than I could.

As to this post: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/738717?post_id=4258275
Brodie would be an upgrade over Lyubushkin, but as you said Buffalo already have Dahlin-Power-Samuelson-Stillman as LHD balanced with Clifton-Johnson-Jokiharju-Lyubushkin as RHD Brodie would over load the LHD.
Bostonbruins liked this.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 8:34 a.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
You may be a Leafs fan but you certainly know your hockey.
An in depth comment supported by evidence.
Completely agree with your entire post, you said it much better than I could.

As to this post: https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/738717?post_id=4258275
Brodie would be an upgrade over Lyubushkin, but as you said Buffalo already have Dahlin-Power-Samuelson-Stillman as LHD balanced with Clifton-Johnson-Jokiharju-Lyubushkin as RHD Brodie would over load the LHD.

It just seems unnecessary regardless of how you configure that blueline.

I love the adds Adams made to the back end. Clifton is grossly underrated imo, and Johnson can still play minutes but as a steady force, I would have done that too!

Sabres look good going into next season - and where some would want an upgrade on Levi and Ukko, I am one that is ok with it. The improvements on the blueline should help with shot suppression meaning they less less rubber. Adams addressed the needs beautifully.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 9:02 a.m.
It just seems unnecessary regardless of how you configure that blueline.

I love the adds Adams made to the back end. Clifton is grossly underrated imo, and Johnson can still play minutes but as a steady force, I would have done that too!

Sabres look good going into next season - and where some would want an upgrade on Levi and Ukko, I am one that is ok with it. The improvements on the blueline should help with shot suppression meaning they less less rubber. Adams addressed the needs beautifully.
I made up a team: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4380318

Of course Olofsson is in the line up, and there is a comparison of his last season with DeBrincat's.
Clifton is paired with Dahlin similar as he was paired with Lindholm when McAvoy was out.
Johnson will be an on ice mentor for Cozens while Jokiharju and Samuelsson will play more than the 15 minutes that the bottom pairing played last year, increasing the effectiveness of Dahlin and Power.

BTW, I am a closet Leafs fan (except when they play the Sabres) I thought adding Klingberg, Bertuzzi and Domi were good moves.
Letting Schenn go elsewhere was smart he is not a $3,500,000 RHD
Maybe they could have kept O'Reilly and Accari.
I would love to hear your assessment.
Bostonbruins liked this.
Jul. 3, 2023 at 9:13 a.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
I made up a team: https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4380318

Of course Olofsson is in the line up, and there is a comparison of his last season with DeBrincat's.
Clifton is paired with Dahlin similar as he was paired with Lindholm when McAvoy was out.
Johnson will be an on ice mentor for Cozens while Jokiharju and Samuelsson will play more than the 15 minutes that the bottom pairing played last year, increasing the effectiveness of Dahlin and Power.

BTW, I am a closet Leafs fan (except when they play the Sabres) I thought adding Klingberg, Bertuzzi and Domi were good moves.
Letting Schenn go elsewhere was smart he is not a $3,500,000 RHD
Maybe they could have kept O'Reilly and Accari.
I would love to hear your assessment.

Bertuzzi I think was a target from day one. Has the sandpaper needed in the top 6, and playing with the like of JT and Nylander (as it sits, and where I have him) I can see a 60 point season for sure. The contract is pretty much where I had him for AVV.

Klingberg I have very mixed emotions. On one hand, the Leafs did need another offensive D (I can't beleive I said that!), on the other he is a complete defensive liability and lacks and physical presence. Playing with McCabe may hide some of this, but I think it puts more pressure on McCabe. I think he can handle it, but sooner have a more rounded D there, especially at $4 million.

Domi..... oh boy lol. I just don't get that one at all. Consistency has been an issue throughout his career. Now part.of me says he will be playing with Matthews and Marner in an attempt.to recapture some of that London Knights magic. The other is a decent offensive player who's defensive acumen ranks with that of Klingberg. He is the kind of player that gets under your skin, but would want a player to also pound some bodies along with that. I can see a fit, but overall, this is just on the direction I would have gone.

All totalled up, the Leafs will have no issues scoring, but defensively these moves collectively set the team back 4 years. Worse yet, with Domi, now there is a cap casualty not named Murray.

I will play around with this to see of something can be salvaged.... but I don't see a Cup contender here.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4387126
Jul. 4, 2023 at 12:33 p.m.
buffalofan

Kind of a big thing with adams & donny was that they said we arnt arnt going to stick with the statis qoe we are going to give the young players a chance to grow into there position.
other than the massive return from philly thats why risto was even avalabel.
olo can score goals thats his forte, kulich can too either are fine but kulich is getting known for playing better in d zone. olo was also benched at end of the year for d zone lapses

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll