Team: 2023-24 Columbus Blue Jackets
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 20, 2023
Published: Jul. 20, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Title says it all
Trades
CBJ
  1. Kuznetsov, Evgeny ($2,500,000 retained)
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (BOS)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (COL)
  4. 2026 4th round pick (WSH)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the COL
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the CBJ
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$75,289,166$0$6,900,000$8,210,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$9,750,000$9,750,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C, RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,200,000$3M)
C
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
RFA - 1
$1,525,000$1,525,000
LW, C, RW
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$9,583,333$9,583,333
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$5,400,000$5,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,050,000$1,050,000
G
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RD
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
RFA - 1
$2,333,333$2,333,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 20, 2023 at 10:10 a.m.
Remove the 2nd and Caps might. Roslovic is useless to them but Siilinger is intriguing.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 10:18 a.m.
Quoting: ClockReads2113
Remove the 2nd and Caps might. Roslovic is useless to them but Siilinger is intriguing.

As a caps fan I don't think they would pull the trigger on this without the 2nd being there due to the fact that Sillinger Made the team so young and would be a big part of their future, adding the second gives them enough capital to let him go
Jul. 20, 2023 at 10:19 a.m.
Jackets easily decline. Do Kuz half retained for roslovic and a third maybe. Not sure sillinger is available. If he is it will only be for a 1C
dk325, BoomerTheHero, CaseyFlyman and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 10:21 a.m.
Quoting: SK101
Jackets easily decline. Do Kuz half retained for roslovic and a third maybe. Not sure sillinger is available. If he is it will only be for a 1C

Its odd that you say they easily decline, I have had several people believe this a solid transaction on both sides.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 10:28 a.m.
Quoting: Logicalicesports
Its odd that you say they easily decline, I have had several people believe this a solid transaction on both sides.

Must not be jackets fans then. 2nd, third, and fourth round picks don’t do much for the jackets anymore. They have one of the best prospect pools on top of the youngest roster in the NHL. They are going to have a tough time finding sports for the guys already in the system they don’t need more picks. What they need are young players like sillinger who can produce on ELC/RFA contracts. I think for Kuz to not have negative value he needs retention as we’ve seen with the market for old and overpaid centers this off-season. I think kuz is worth more to the caps than the return he will get by being traded so I doubt he’s traded this year
dk325, BoomerTheHero, squashmaple and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 10:31 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
I don't even like Sillinger being traded for a guy like Lindholm. This is horrible value and I can't believe there are Caps fans who think it's not robbery enough as it is.
SK101, BoomerTheHero, squashmaple and 3 others liked this.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 10:40 a.m.
Quoting: dk325
I don't even like Sillinger being traded for a guy like Lindholm. This is horrible value and I can't believe there are Caps fans who think it's not robbery enough as it is.

I can't believe that you are as high on him as you are, 11 points in 64 games is awful, on top of that you are going to bury him (a guy who needs to develop his game) on the fourth line and he won't be able to improve his game as one would want. Furthermore the key for the Blue Jackets is getting rid of Roslovic for someone better, sure you might not need the draft capital now but draft picks are easily tradable and could help the jackets pull off another deal with those picks. Lastly after getting Fantilli, Sillinger becomes expendable, he has potential but you can use that potential to get good trade value.

Edit: In fact Foudy had more points then Sillinger in less games.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 11:02 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
I can't believe that you are as high on him as you are, 11 points in 64 games is awful, on top of that you are going to bury him (a guy who needs to develop his game) on the fourth line and he won't be able to improve his game as one would want. Furthermore the key for the Blue Jackets is getting rid of Roslovic for someone better, sure you might not need the draft capital now but draft picks are easily tradable and could help the jackets pull off another deal with those picks. Lastly after getting Fantilli, Sillinger becomes expendable, he has potential but you can use that potential to get good trade value.

If Sillinger isn't playing 3C again this year he's going to be in Cleveland as he is still waiver exempt.

How is it "key" to move Roslovic for someone better? He expires this year so they don't need to move him at all.

A 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are hardly blue chip assets that are going to make any deal possible that wasn't already with the Jackets current assets.

Fantilli does not make Sillinger expendable. The Jackets have been labeled as having the worst center depth in the league for years. Drafting one high value center prospect does not suddenly fix all their issues and cover 3 positions where they need guys.

Really? He has trade potential? Oh boy! Hopefully they can get something like a young center that fits their compete window 3-4 years from now for this young center that fits their compete window 3-4 years from now.
BoomerTheHero, SK101 and benjgc liked this.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 11:10 a.m.
Quoting: dk325
If Sillinger isn't playing 3C again this year he's going to be in Cleveland as he is still waiver exempt.

How is it "key" to move Roslovic for someone better? He expires this year so they don't need to move him at all.

A 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are hardly blue chip assets that are going to make any deal possible that wasn't already with the Jackets current assets.

Fantilli does not make Sillinger expendable. The Jackets have been labeled as having the worst center depth in the league for years. Drafting one high value center prospect does not suddenly fix all their issues and cover 3 positions where they need guys.

Really? He has trade potential? Oh boy! Hopefully they can get something like a young center that fits their compete window 3-4 years from now for this young center that fits their compete window 3-4 years from now.

You have Johnny and Laine that need a top center to go between them, maybe Fantilli could make that jump but it is a far better idea to have him start deeper in the lineup, Sillinger will be on the Jackets if he is not moved for certain next year but I would say he will be bottom 6 for sure most likely fourth line. Don't be too salty over a mock trade there big guy you might give yourself high blood pressure.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 11:33 a.m.
Dolzhenkov Is Coming
You have Johnny and Laine that need a top center to go between them, maybe Fantilli could make that jump but it is a far better idea to have him start deeper in the lineup, Sillinger will be on the Jackets if he is not moved for certain next year but I would say he will be bottom 6 for sure most likely fourth line. Don't be too salty over a mock trade there big guy you might give yourself high blood pressure.

There's no certainty at all to Sillinger being on the main roster. As I said, he's still waiver exempt and the Jackets are overflowing with forwards at the moment. They've got Boone, Roslovic, Kuraly, Fantilli, Sillinger, Voronkov, McKown, Texier, Johnson, and Laine all as potential center options. With how difficult it seems to be to move anyone, Sillinger could very easily end up in Cleveland playing 1C again just like he was at the end of last year and would have been earlier in the season had the team not been obliterated by injuries. It would be a perfectly normal situation for a d+3 12th OA pick who needs to work on some parts of his game still.

The site is for debate and discussion. I've done nothing but that here. No need to get personal.
BoomerTheHero, squashmaple, SK101 and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 11:36 a.m.
Edited Jul. 20, 2023 at 11:47 a.m.
Jackets wouldn't even consider this. Ridiculous overpayment for a player i dont even really want. Something like Rosy and a 3rd for Kuzy is much more realistic.
SK101, dk325 and benjgc liked this.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 11:56 a.m.
Quoting: BoomerTheHero
Jackets wouldn't even consider this. Ridiculous overpayment for a player i dont even really want. Something like Rosy and a 3rd for Kuzy is much more realistic.

Yeah idk why caps fans think Kuz is worth so much. He’s 31, making 7.8 million, plays less than zero defense, is one of the worst centers in the league at faceoffs, and has had attitude issues. Duchene is coming off a better season and got bought out and got a 3 million dollar contract. That should tell you Kuzs (negative) value right there. There are barely any teams that can even afford his cap hit and the ones that can are rebuilding. Caps have no leverage so the fact they think they can get sillinger is hilarious. I mean roslovic had 10 less points than kuz in less games played and cost half the cap hit. Kuz is barely an upgrade over Rosie and that’s before factoring in age and cap hit
dk325, BoomerTheHero and benjgc liked this.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 12:34 p.m.
Quoting: SK101
Yeah idk why caps fans think Kuz is worth so much. He’s 31, making 7.8 million, plays less than zero defense, is one of the worst centers in the league at faceoffs, and has had attitude issues. Duchene is coming off a better season and got bought out and got a 3 million dollar contract. That should tell you Kuzs (negative) value right there. There are barely any teams that can even afford his cap hit and the ones that can are rebuilding. Caps have no leverage so the fact they think they can get sillinger is hilarious. I mean roslovic had 10 less points than kuz in less games played and cost half the cap hit. Kuz is barely an upgrade over Rosie and that’s before factoring in age and cap hit

Johansen is an even better comparable than Duchene: practically the same age on the same contract at the same position and play a similar game. Johansen had fewer points, but not by a wide margin. He was given away for free with half-retention. Caps fans are ignoring the evidence of their eyes if they think Kuznetsov is going to return a significant prospect, a decent roster player + pick(s) is more than fair.
BoomerTheHero liked this.
Jul. 20, 2023 at 1:29 p.m.
Quoting: CaseyFlyman
Johansen is an even better comparable than Duchene: practically the same age on the same contract at the same position and play a similar game. Johansen had fewer points, but not by a wide margin. He was given away for free with half-retention. Caps fans are ignoring the evidence of their eyes if they think Kuznetsov is going to return a significant prospect, a decent roster player + pick(s) is more than fair.

Yeah I think they tend to overvalue him because of how good he used to be in his prime not how he currently is. They think they are trading 2018 Kuz not 2023 Kuz
Jul. 21, 2023 at 12:30 a.m.

Silly is a highly skilled player. The problem is last year, he was stuck playing 3C minutes and playing with inferior players that cannot think or play at his hockey IQ level. Last year was clearly disappointing but there is no way the Jackets are trading him at a low value level. He could very well get 2C minutes and get to play with Johnson and Marchenko. He still projects to be a very good 2C and the Jackets certainly wouldn’t trade him for a player like Kuz who not only has a very inflated contract but in clearly in decline and on the downside of his career. His off ice issues also make him very undesirable.

Unfortunately for the Caps, they are going to be stuck with him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll