1. Hanifin, Noah ($2,475,000 retained)
Additional Details:
extends 8x6.75
CGY
  1. Drury, Jack
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (PHI)
TOR
  1. Dubé, Dillon
  2. Zadorov, Nikita ($1,875,000 retained)
  3. 2024 1st round pick (DAL)
  4. 2024 2nd round pick (CGY)
Additional Details:
Zadorov signs 4x4
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$78,269,865$0$15,000$5,230,135
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LW
RFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
$855,833$855,833
RW, C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$813,333$813,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
G
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:21 p.m.
I dont think Toronto would accept that trade, I think for a star player and someone who has proved to produce in the playoffs for an underwhelming team they would need at least your best prospect along with a strong middle six player and a first round pick would be my guess
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:24 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
For a website with freely available resources on contract and cap space, it’s hard to understand how a team with 850k of cap space can afford a player at $5m. Not every team are the leafs.
Davioparker liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:25 p.m.
Quoting: PeterGriffin
I dont think Toronto would accept that trade, I think for a star player and someone who has proved to produce in the playoffs for an underwhelming team they would need at least your best prospect along with a strong middle six player and a first round pick would be my guess

Well there's a first round pick included and Dube is a strong middle six player. Zadorov and a second I thought fits Toronto's current needs better than a prospect
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:26 p.m.
ARAB05
Wouldn't a dream retool include getting out from under the Kadri and Huberdeau?
Erbas1915 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:28 p.m.
Quoting: arab05
Wouldn't a dream retool include getting out from under the Kadri and Huberdeau?

I should have said a realistic dream, not a fantasy
arab05 and BURGHgirl liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:32 p.m.
Quoting: Erbas1915
Well there's a first round pick included and Dube is a strong middle six player. Zadorov and a second I thought fits Toronto's current needs better than a prospect

Dallas pick is promised to be a late first rounder. Toronto would need a prospect such as pelltier or coronato i would think. I agree with Dube and Zadorov, but i just think they need that extra incentive to say yes instead of that dallas pick. Maybe Calgary's pick if they have it cause they are not going further then Dallas
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:33 p.m.
Bunch of Jerks
Quoting: Caniac555
For a website with freely available resources on contract and cap space, it’s hard to understand how a team with 850k of cap space can afford a player at $5m. Not every team are the leafs.

This. It's literally in the name of the site.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:36 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac555

I thought you had more cap space than that for some reason lol. Do you think the value is close though? Would that work as a deadline move?
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:42 p.m.
Quoting: PeterGriffin
Dallas pick is promised to be a late first rounder. Toronto would need a prospect such as pelltier or coronato i would think. I agree with Dube and Zadorov, but i just think they need that extra incentive to say yes instead of that dallas pick. Maybe Calgary's pick if they have it cause they are not going further then Dallas

I don't see anyway Pelletier or Coronato get moved, considering we'd be giving up a fair bit already in this trade. I think the Flames pick would be in play, provided there was protection on the pick. For example, it's the CGY 2024 1st unless its top 10 then it becomes the Dallas pick instead and they give up an extra 3rd in 2025
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:45 p.m.
I don't see anyway Pelletier or Coronato get moved, considering we'd be giving up a fair bit already in this trade. I think the Flames pick would be in play, provided there was protection on the pick. For example, it's the CGY 2024 1st unless its top 10 then it becomes the Dallas pick instead and they give up an extra 3rd in 2025

Alright the pick makes sense, but sadly a "fair bit" does not get you a trade for a star player. Pelletier there is no way calgary is giving him up, but it would have to be someone around that caliber who is on a rookie deal and may fill a decent 3rd line roll to keep there salary down
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:50 p.m.
Hurricane Waddell
Maybe, but the Canes tend to do their work in the offseason. I’d highly doubt they’d move Drury + 2nd unless they are in dire needs due to injury.

I thought you had more cap space than that for some reason lol. Do you think the value is close though? Would that work as a deadline move?
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:51 p.m.
not enough for willy even though i'd like both players on the leafs. only way he goes to calgary is if lindholm or hanafin is the big piece coming back
Jul. 25, 2023 at 4:55 p.m.
As a couple other guys said, the Hurricanes don't have the cap space for Backlund, even at 50% retained.

Besides that, I find this group of defenceman to be pretty suspect. Hanifin out and Timmins in is a pretty big drop in ability, and Oesterle shouldn't be an everyday guy. The Suter money would be better spent on a defenceman in this case, then you give Ruzicka, Corronato, and maybe Ben Jones a bigger shot.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 5:02 p.m.
Quoting: leaffanio
not enough for willy even though i'd like both players on the leafs. only way he goes to calgary is if lindholm or hanafin is the big piece coming back

I'd be fine including Hanifin, I just thought the Leafs would prefer Zadorov because he'd likely extend in TO and Hanifin is apparently headed south of the border next summer. Do you think Tre could talk Hanifin into signing?
Jul. 25, 2023 at 5:03 p.m.
Quoting: Jumpanator
As a couple other guys said, the Hurricanes don't have the cap space for Backlund, even at 50% retained.

Besides that, I find this group of defenceman to be pretty suspect. Hanifin out and Timmins in is a pretty big drop in ability, and Oesterle shouldn't be an everyday guy. The Suter money would be better spent on a defenceman in this case, then you give Ruzicka, Corronato, and maybe Ben Jones a bigger shot.

No it's certainly not ideal, but trading Hanifin is serious downgrade no matter what trade we make. Which defenceman are out there that you would sign?
Jul. 25, 2023 at 5:06 p.m.
I'd be fine including Hanifin, I just thought the Leafs would prefer Zadorov because he'd likely extend in TO and Hanifin is apparently headed south of the border next summer. Do you think Tre could talk Hanifin into signing?

yea if hanafin came extended i'd consider it for sure, no idea if he's interested or not tho. i feel like toronto's the one canadian team with a shot at getting him to sign but probably still unlikely.

i'd prefer something like liljegren + robertson for dube and zadorov instead tbh, or even coleman + zadorov for liljegren since calgary presumably wants out from coleman's contract?
Jul. 25, 2023 at 5:10 p.m.
No it's certainly not ideal, but trading Hanifin is serious downgrade no matter what trade we make. Which defenceman are out there that you would sign?

Assuming Timmins is on the team I'd target a left shot 3rd pairing guy. Some UFAs still available are Caleb Jones, Libor Hajek, Simon Benoit, and Patrick Nemeth. No real difference makers there but more depth is never a bad thing, and no one will cost over $1M.
Erbas1915 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 5:10 p.m.
yea if hanafin came extended i'd consider it for sure, no idea if he's interested or not tho. i feel like toronto's the one canadian team with a shot at getting him to sign but probably still unlikely.

i'd prefer something like liljegren + robertson for dube and zadorov instead tbh, or even coleman + zadorov for liljegren since calgary presumably wants out from coleman's contract?

No that's not enough for them. The only reason we'd trade Dube is to upgrade with Willy, I'd be happy to sign Dube long-term otherwise. And Coleman is the least of our worries, maybe a tad overpaid but not by much. Plus he's one of the few players who actually loves Calgary, I'd say you'd have to give up actual assets for him
Jumpanator and leaffanio liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 5:14 p.m.

No that's not enough for them. The only reason we'd trade Dube is to upgrade with Willy, I'd be happy to sign Dube long-term otherwise. And Coleman is the least of our worries, maybe a tad overpaid but not by much. Plus he's one of the few players who actually loves Calgary, I'd say you'd have to give up actual assets for him

In regards to Coleman, he plays a unique role for the Flames as the only guy who can drag the team into the mud. He plays with a ton of grit but rarely hurts the team playing that way, and he's a good PKer. Tkachuk was great for that kind of stuff too, but here we are.
leaffanio liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 5:32 p.m.

fair enough, wasn't really sure if calgary wanted out from coleman's deal or not
Jul. 25, 2023 at 5:33 p.m.
fair enough, wasn't really sure if calgary wanted out from coleman's deal or not

On a side note, how in the world are the Leafs gonna get under the cap? Does it need to be a Nylander trade for essentially just futures?
Jul. 25, 2023 at 5:51 p.m.
Lets Get Kraken

Drury and a 3rd or the just the Canes 2nd for Backlund half retained and you probably have a deal.
Erbas1915 liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 5:53 p.m.
On a side note, how in the world are the Leafs gonna get under the cap? Does it need to be a Nylander trade for essentially just futures?

honestly no idea atm, treliving's said he wants the defence to get bigger and we still have a couple holes in our bottom 6. on the other hand we've got a bit of a logjam in the top 6 if we keep willy, unless knies or domi gets put on the third line.

my personal guess is murray gets bought out and then either brodie or willy gets flipped to make room for a 3c and a top 4 defenceman. zadorov would be a perfect partner for rielly especially if we could squeeze him in at 50% retained and then give him an extension when the cap jumps.

btw just as an aside, calgary fans are the only fanbase on this website i've seen consistently have reasonable takes, non-biased, and willing to have conversations. also the only other canadian team who doesn't let the leafs live rent free in their head. i love calgary and flames fans, only other canadian team i would support in the playoffs nowadays. every other fanbase in canada has such small man syndrome its kinda embarrassing lol
Jul. 25, 2023 at 6:01 p.m.
honestly no idea atm, treliving's said he wants the defence to get bigger and we still have a couple holes in our bottom 6. on the other hand we've got a bit of a logjam in the top 6 if we keep willy, unless knies or domi gets put on the third line.

my personal guess is murray gets bought out and then either brodie or willy gets flipped to make room for a 3c and a top 4 defenceman. zadorov would be a perfect partner for rielly especially if we could squeeze him in at 50% retained and then give him an extension when the cap jumps.

btw just as an aside, calgary fans are the only fanbase on this website i've seen consistently have reasonable takes, non-biased, and willing to have conversations. also the only other canadian team who doesn't let the leafs live rent free in their head. i love calgary and flames fans, only other canadian team i would support in the playoffs nowadays. every other fanbase in canada has such small man syndrome its kinda embarrassing lol

Not to sound like a jerk, but I'm honestly shocked at how quickly Tre was able to butcher your cap. He's an awful GM and I'm glad he's finally gone, literally the last person I would hire to come fix my cap problems

So what would you be looking for in a Nylander to Calgary move? Lindholm would be off limits because adding Willy would be done to entice Lindy to re-sign.

Leafs fans on here are interesting because so many proposals made by them are ridiculous, but once you actually chat most of their fans are pretty reasonable. And I don't hate the Leafs at all, all my sports hatred is saved for the Oilers lol
leaffanio liked this.
Jul. 25, 2023 at 6:45 p.m.
Not to sound like a jerk, but I'm honestly shocked at how quickly Tre was able to butcher your cap. He's an awful GM and I'm glad he's finally gone, literally the last person I would hire to come fix my cap problems

So what would you be looking for in a Nylander to Calgary move? Lindholm would be off limits because adding Willy would be done to entice Lindy to re-sign.

Leafs fans on here are interesting because so many proposals made by them are ridiculous, but once you actually chat most of their fans are pretty reasonable. And I don't hate the Leafs at all, all my sports hatred is saved for the Oilers lol

honestly fair on treliving, took me a while to warm up to him but i think bringing in bertuzzi and domi was a necessary evil that dubas was frankly never willing to make. locker room got way too chummy and comfortable, was honestly heading back to the muskoka five years where dubas would run the same team back every year and say the last time wasn't their fault. dubas was willing to bring in gritty players, but not guys who would disrupt the room or "chemistry" like reaves, bert, and domi certainly will. plus we have pridham managing our cap who's the best in the business, whatever treliving's planning i'm sure pridham is figuring out how it could work cap-wise

if nylander ended up in calgary, for me i'd be disappointed with anything less than an extended hanifin, dube or coleman, and ideally zadorov at 50% as well. leafs would have to add a first or someone like a liljegren/robertson/niemela to make it fair presumably but those are pretty much the pieces i'd want heading back. i agree that moving lindholm for nylander makes no sense for calgary, but that would be a lethal duo together which i'd love to watch even as a leaf fan.

the reason a nylander trade is heartbreaking for leafs is out of the core four, he deserves it the least. the reason he didn't wanna take a discount on his first deal is because he didn't want it to be easy for the leafs to trade him, which the media has been trying to do since the day that deal was signed. he's the only core four guy who outperformed his contract, the only one who never complained about the media, fans, or tried to blame anyone but himself for the team's shortcomings, and the only guy who consistently shows up in the playoffs. with that said, he's also the best piece to move to improve on defence, and treliving probably hopes moving willy lights a fire under matthews and marner's asses

i also think the leafs cap problems are largely overstated, especially if nylander is gonna get moved. but even if not guys like brodie and jarnkrok are an easy flip, and murray's buyout isn't as bad as the doomers want you to believe.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll