SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Other Leagues

Should Jaromir Jagr be allowed to own and play for the same hockey team?

The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 15, 2023 at 9:42 a.m.
sensonfire
Jaromir Jagr currently plays for Kladno in the Czech Extraliga.

He is also their sole owner.

Let me know in the comments below.
Aug. 15, 2023 at 1:43 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Edited Aug. 17, 2023 at 2:50 p.m.
Being employee and employer is a bit different than being a player/owner and betting on the club to win or lose. If Jagr "fixes" matches by playing poorly, he will lose sponsors and attendance.

Im unaware of if the Czech league has a salary cap: if it does I suspect he plays under a contract and that there's a stipulation that while he's playing he can't claim any earnings from the club. Either there's a high percentage of revenue that must be cycled back into the team/league or its all put into a trust that can't be accessed while he's playing.
Sep. 20, 2023 at 10:40 a.m.
wheelchair briere
I actually think this is a great story.

He's born in Kladno.

This is a story of living your dream, and this is what Jaromir Jagr does. Coming home to give back to the community that helped raise you. I have always liked Jagr. If people remember him in the NHL as a player, he was dominant.

He has a HOF career in the NHL and goes home to buy a team where he is born. This is what movies are made of. We would ALL do this, if we could.

I find it hard to believe Jaromir Jagr would do anything to tarnish his career and the regard his fans hold for him by 'fixing' games.

As for the fact that he's still playing, I LOVE it. Good for him. It's natural for a player's play to drop off at 51, if you're comparing him to when he played in his 20's.
sensonfire and ChevelsDayOff liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit