SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Will Nela Lopusanova Make The NHL?

Aug. 19, 2023 at 4:39 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I think she definitely should. Lopusanova is an absolute magician on the ice. I think she has the talent to break barriers and take the NHL by storm. The talent is undoubtedly there, the question is whether or not the NHL is ready to take a chance on her.
Aug. 19, 2023 at 5:53 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Aug. 19, 2023 at 8:42 p.m.
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
I think she definitely should. Lopusanova is an absolute magician on the ice. I think she has the talent to break barriers and take the NHL by storm. The talent is undoubtedly there, the question is whether or not the NHL is ready to take a chance on her.

I mean we have seen a lot of good female hockey players but are any in the NHL no usually they are in female hockey leagues but there are some exceptions in junior leagues

There's a reason for a men and women league for all major sports.

Its kind of like that tennis debate where Serena Williams should go up against men well they practiced that and she got beat bad. Basically wouldnt be having a great time.

But hey if one can make it or push for change I am all for it
Aug. 19, 2023 at 6:59 p.m.

Considering how we’ve seen some women get drafted into the CHL (usually late round picks), I’d love to see her play there, it’d also give us a glimpse into how she would play against men which I think most of us would need before giving our thoughts
BigBallsBriere liked this.
Aug. 19, 2023 at 7:02 p.m.
WentWughes
She's 5'7", 145 LBS and has never taken a hit in her career. She definitely wouldn't work in the NHL.
Aug. 19, 2023 at 7:13 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
She's 5'7", 145 LBS and has never taken a hit in her career. She definitely wouldn't work in the NHL.

Yeah you've got a point, nobody that small would ever ma-

image.png
Aug. 19, 2023 at 7:45 p.m.
WentWughes
Yeah you've got a point, nobody that small would ever ma-

image.png

Yamamoto is taller. Are you ignoring the 2nd part of my comment on purpose, or?
Aug. 19, 2023 at 7:47 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Yamamoto is taller. Are you ignoring the 2nd part of my comment on purpose, or?

By an inch. She's also still only 15. You can learn to take a hit, she has all the ability to make the show IMO
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Aug. 19, 2023 at 8:45 p.m.
Jinx god
She got killed by this guy, he’s 4’11 101 pounds, that’s like a bouncy ball.

Love me supporting women’s sports and all that, but cmon let’s be realistic.
Aug. 19, 2023 at 8:57 p.m.
What in tarnation
In all honesty, unless the sport takes a fundamental change to less physical and slower, no.

She's very skilled on ice, but women's hockey compared to men's hockey and all it entails is like a different sport, with similar elements. Like comparing tennis to table tennis. It has similar elements, but the game itself is fundamentally very different.

More realistic discussion would be if she'd make it to best European woman hockey player all time in the future. Even the world's best women hockey players are not NHL level - and it's hard to argue whether Lopusanova would ever be in the same discussion with the likes of Poulin, Fillier and Heise (could be since she's very young, but it's too early to say). Before being in actual discussion for becoming an NHL player, she should clear all those names mentioned by a clear margin.

In order to get there, she probably should start making a career in Europe, playing against men in higher leagues. NHL is out of question unless she can hold her own in series such as SHL, Liiga, Extraliga or the Swiss league.
A_Habs_fan, BigBallsBriere and zk97 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll