5$8,000,000
5$5,500,000
3$950,000
Trades
NYR
  1. Lizotte, Blake [RFA Rights]
  2. 2026 1st round pick (LAK)
LAK
  1. Panarin, Artemi ($5,000,000 retained)
NYR
  1. Locmelis, Dans [Reserve List]
BOS
  1. Trocheck, Vincent
  2. 2025 4th round pick (DAL)
NYR
  1. Oettinger, Jake [RFA Rights]
DAL
  1. Jones, Zachary [RFA Rights]
  2. Kakko, Kaapo [RFA Rights]
  3. Lindgren, Ryan [RFA Rights]
  4. 2026 1st round pick (LAK)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$90,500,000$88,314,166$0$530,000$2,185,834
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LW, RW
RFA
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 2
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RW, LW
UFA
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LW
RFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$900,000$900,000
RW
RFA
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C
RFA
$838,333$838,333 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW
RFA
$800,000$800,000
C, LW, RW
RFA
$950,000$950,000
RW
UFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
RFA
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
G
RFA
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LD
UFA - 7
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RD
RFA
$850,000$850,000
G
RFA
$800,000$800,000
LD
RFA
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 24, 2023 at 11:57 a.m.
Dallas isn't trading Oettinger barring some kind of major organizational shift. He is a young, star goaltender for a team with a lot of young talent and a large contention window...and if they were, I doubt that package would get him.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 11:58 a.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: dfawcett
Dallas isn't trading Oettinger barring some kind of major organizational shift. He is a young, star goaltender for a team with a lot of young talent and a large contention window...and if they were, I doubt that package would get him.

He could request a trade if it got out that Igor was leaving and a spot was open. Dallas is great but players love coming to NY
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
Rushing Perreault would be a bad move and we’ll see if Sykora pans out

Robertson hasn’t looked good

Too much for Schneider IMO
Coachchippy liked this.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:03 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: Rags21
Rushing Perreault would be a bad move and we’ll see if Sykora pans out

Robertson hasn’t looked good

Too much for Schneider IMO

You don't think GP will be good after a couple years in the NCAA? Robertson can be substituted with any other cheap serviceable option out there -- NOT Harpur. What do you think Schneider would get?
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:07 p.m.
Quoting: Coachchippy
You don't think GP will be good after a couple years in the NCAA? Robertson can be substituted with any other cheap serviceable option out there -- NOT Harpur. What do you think Schneider would get?

I think the NYR need to stop rushing prospects into the NHL. There’s a reason why we have the AHL. Unless Perreault is amazing out of college like Fox, I don’t see it happening

Schneider should get $2m max or under
Coachchippy liked this.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:08 p.m.
He could request a trade if it got out that Igor was leaving and a spot was open. Dallas is great but players love coming to NY

This is Canadian fan level cringe
GiggywithGibby, EsoYeezus69, TheMooterus and 1 other person liked this.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:09 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: SlevinKalevra
This is Canadian fan level cringe

Maybe but it's factual
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:10 p.m.
Exhausted Ranger Fan
You really think Igor is just gonna walk away? Lol
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:13 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: Despise
You really think Igor is just gonna walk away? Lol

Tbh yes. We were spoiled with Hank's undying loyalty all those years. I don't think Igor is the same way. Hank was all about New York and I just don't get the same vibe from Igor. I think Igor saw what happened to Hank and doesn't want the same fate of being let down year after year. So I could easily see him leaving in free agency whether it's for more money or because he doesn't think he'll ever win a Cup in NY. And I don't blame him at all. I think this is a real possibility that NYR fans need to get used to the idea of

On the bright side I think if he does we will have another great goalie on our doorstep. Whether it's someone like Oettinger or a really young kid that the GOAT (Benoit Allaire) can develop
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:17 p.m.
Maybe but it's factual

Players loving coming to NY sure. I’m not sure I’d want to live there. Outside of the city, absolutely it’s gorgeous up there. City is dirty and nasty and the people suck. I’m from Chicago and it’s the same way. There’s a reason I moved to Texas to start a family. Oetter isn’t the NY playboy type. He’s either engaged or already married. I’ve read multiple times that he’s happy here and the team is winning and should continue to do so til his next deal and moving forward. I don’t see a trade request in his future just because a spot opened up in NY. Especially since he’s from Minnesota
EsoYeezus69 and Coachchippy liked this.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:18 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Maybe but it's factual

Except for the big, glaring detail that when you demand a trade, you don't get to decide who you are traded to. Rangers would still have to be the highest bid to get him.

Why leave a team with serious cup ability for an extended window to go to NYR who is further away and has a lesser prospect system to keep the window open?
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:19 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Except for the big, glaring detail that when you demand a trade, you don't get to decide who you are traded to. Rangers would still have to be the highest bid to get him.

Why leave a team with serious cup ability for an extended window to go to NYR who is further away and has a lesser prospect system to keep the window open?

Those facts don’t exist on fantasy island
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:27 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe

Really? Because I don't think that's what happened with Patrick Kane. He did not go to the highest bidder he went to the Rangers for scraps. He could easily tell Dallas "trade me to NY or I will walk in free agency and leave you with nothing". Now, I don't think it would even come to that because there would be no reason for Dallas to not trade him to NY. They're in a different conference and already have an established relationship (the Zucc trade comes to mind). Funny enough, the Rangers actually sent Zucc to Dallas for scraps. And this package for Oettinger is not scraps.

A cost-controlled 2OA, already defensively great but needing a change of scenery to increase production is good for any team. Lindgren is one of the most underrated dmen in the league - he is not flashy and doesn't put up many points, but he's also elite defensively. Z Jones is only 22 and has the potential to be Fox Lite. And a first round pick? That is literally a great package for Dallas
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:31 p.m.
Jinx god
And why would Dallas do this exactly? Doesn’t make sense at all.

Before proposing a trade, ask yourself, does it make sense for both sides. If it doesn’t, chances are it will not happen.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:32 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
And why would Dallas do this exactly? Doesn’t make sense at all.

Before proposing a trade, ask yourself, does it make sense for both sides. If it doesn’t, chances are it will not happen.

Because that's a great return for Oettinger
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:35 p.m.
Jinx god
Because that's a great return for Oettinger

And why would they trade him again? They have a young, elite goalie who can play a lot of games and can preform very well. They have absolutely no other goalies down the pipeline, it consists of Wedgewood (who’s often injured), and a bunch of AHL goalies who can’t play in the NHL.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:51 p.m.

So even though players love playing in NY, Igor is leaving? To where?

I mean, I guess if he is super into counting every dollar and doesn't like New York taxes he could go to a no-tax state, like, say, Texas wink
TheMooterus and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 12:55 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: dfawcett
So even though players love playing in NY, Igor is leaving? To where?

I mean, I guess if he is super into counting every dollar and doesn't like New York taxes he could go to a no-tax state, like, say, Texas wink

I don't know where Igor would leave to, I just think it's a possibility. Maybe he wants to chase as much money as possible. Maybe he doesn't think the group in front of him can get the job done. He saw firsthand what happened to Hank. I wouldn't be mad at him if he went to Texas.

Players do love playing in NY. That's a fact. I think Igor does like playing in NY. The organization treats players well and he's loved by fans and it's a great city. But it doesn't necessarily mean that he has to play his entire career here
Aug. 24, 2023 at 1:31 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited Aug. 24, 2023 at 1:54 p.m.
Really? Because I don't think that's what happened with Patrick Kane. He did not go to the highest bidder he went to the Rangers for scraps. He could easily tell Dallas "trade me to NY or I will walk in free agency and leave you with nothing". Now, I don't think it would even come to that because there would be no reason for Dallas to not trade him to NY. They're in a different conference and already have an established relationship (the Zucc trade comes to mind). Funny enough, the Rangers actually sent Zucc to Dallas for scraps. And this package for Oettinger is not scraps.

A cost-controlled 2OA, already defensively great but needing a change of scenery to increase production is good for any team. Lindgren is one of the most underrated dmen in the league - he is not flashy and doesn't put up many points, but he's also elite defensively. Z Jones is only 22 and has the potential to be Fox Lite. And a first round pick? That is literally a great package for Dallas

Patrick Kane had a full NMC, when you have that clause, you get to make that decision, are you not aware of this?

Kakko has had 4 seasons and the best he has managed so far is 40 points. The shine has worn off him being a 2OA.

I'm not saying it's a bad package, but I am saying Otter doesn't get to decide where he goes if he demands a trade out of Dallas.
TheMooterus liked this.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 1:53 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Edited Aug. 24, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
Patrick Kane had a full NMC, when you have that clause, you get to make that decision, are you not aware of this?

So what team is going to offer a better package for Oettinger than this one from NY?

Also you have no idea what's going on with the Rangers' window if you think we have a bad prospect system and the window is closing. The Rangers will be competitive as long as Fox is on the team and he's a Ranger for life. And the rebuild is still partially going on. When people like Zibanejad, Kreider, Trouba retire or leave they'll just be seamlessly replaced with Chytil, Lafreniere, Schneider for example. Drafting all 23 players on a roster isn't the only way to build. We will be absolutely fine with our young core accepting bigger roles, mixing in guys from other teams, and drafting more young talent like Perrault for example. That's why Drury is keeping all first round picks. Oettinger would be a great addition to the younger generation of Rangers and he would have no doubts.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 1:58 p.m.
Tbh yes. We were spoiled with Hank's undying loyalty all those years. I don't think Igor is the same way. Hank was all about New York and I just don't get the same vibe from Igor. I think Igor saw what happened to Hank and doesn't want the same fate of being let down year after year. So I could easily see him leaving in free agency whether it's for more money or because he doesn't think he'll ever win a Cup in NY. And I don't blame him at all. I think this is a real possibility that NYR fans need to get used to the idea of

On the bright side I think if he does we will have another great goalie on our doorstep. Whether it's someone like Oettinger or a really young kid that the GOAT (Benoit Allaire) can develop

And just how do you get a "vibe" from Igor at all? Do you know him personally? Have you spoken with him? Has he said anything negative about NYC or playing for the Rangers? If so, when and where?
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 2:13 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: Onlyfairtrades1
And just how do you get a "vibe" from Igor at all? Do you know him personally? Have you spoken with him? Has he said anything negative about NYC or playing for the Rangers? If so, when and where?

Part of it is Igor's unwillingness to speak to the media. Which personally I have no problem with. I care more about his on-ice performance than about the extraneous BS. But it is a huge departure from the Hank days. Also, Hank was just more involved with the NY scene than Igor is. He was a huge part of the Garden of Dreams foundation -- I think he still is involved. Created his own foundation to benefit families in the city. Owns a bar in Tribeca. Is well known around the city as just a common, normal guy who interacts with fans and is always nice. And he had notorious friendships on the team I think he's still extremely close with Zuccarello in particular.

Igor just doesn't do that same stuff. And like I said I have no problem with it. He has a young family and other priorities. But he's definitely not all-in on New York the way Hank was and still is. So I wouldn't be surprised if he's not really attached and leaves. You can see how frustrated he gets with the current Rangers group sometimes. And rightfully so. It doesn't mean he has a negative view on the city or doesn't like playing on the Rangers. But he just might not be as into it as Hank was.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 3:02 p.m.
Part of it is Igor's unwillingness to speak to the media. Which personally I have no problem with. I care more about his on-ice performance than about the extraneous BS. But it is a huge departure from the Hank days. Also, Hank was just more involved with the NY scene than Igor is. He was a huge part of the Garden of Dreams foundation -- I think he still is involved. Created his own foundation to benefit families in the city. Owns a bar in Tribeca. Is well known around the city as just a common, normal guy who interacts with fans and is always nice. And he had notorious friendships on the team I think he's still extremely close with Zuccarello in particular.

Igor just doesn't do that same stuff. And like I said I have no problem with it. He has a young family and other priorities. But he's definitely not all-in on New York the way Hank was and still is. So I wouldn't be surprised if he's not really attached and leaves. You can see how frustrated he gets with the current Rangers group sometimes. And rightfully so. It doesn't mean he has a negative view on the city or doesn't like playing on the Rangers. But he just might not be as into it as Hank was.

So you have established that Igor isn't Hank. My feeling about that is so what? Perhaps he isn't as out-going a human as Hank, or wants to be as high profile as Hank likes to be. None of that has any bearing in my opinion of his future as a Ranger. Hank comes from Sweden where he was probably taught English in school while Igor comes from Russia, which is a different world than Europe or America and he has to learn our language. Perhaps he needs a little more time to adjust to life in a big American city? And there are tons of athletes that do a tremendous amount of charity work behind the scenes without drawing attention to themselves, maybe that is Igor? I have also seen interviews with him and read articles about him where he talks about loving playing at MSG and hearing the chant...Igor....Igor. Plus, he has the best goalie coach in all of hockey and a legend in Hank to lean on when he needs advice or help with something. He is in perhaps the best spot he could possibly be in and I doubt very much he wants to leave unless Drury (or whatever GM is around) tries to low ball his next deal, which isn't going to happen. In fact, I would bet that Igor has a new deal in place before the start of the last season of his current deal. He isn't going anywhere.
TheMooterus and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Aug. 24, 2023 at 4:45 p.m.
CHYTIL 4 Conn Smythe
Quoting: Onlyfairtrades1
So you have established that Igor isn't Hank. My feeling about that is so what? Perhaps he isn't as out-going a human as Hank, or wants to be as high profile as Hank likes to be. None of that has any bearing in my opinion of his future as a Ranger. Hank comes from Sweden where he was probably taught English in school while Igor comes from Russia, which is a different world than Europe or America and he has to learn our language. Perhaps he needs a little more time to adjust to life in a big American city? And there are tons of athletes that do a tremendous amount of charity work behind the scenes without drawing attention to themselves, maybe that is Igor? I have also seen interviews with him and read articles about him where he talks about loving playing at MSG and hearing the chant...Igor....Igor. Plus, he has the best goalie coach in all of hockey and a legend in Hank to lean on when he needs advice or help with something. He is in perhaps the best spot he could possibly be in and I doubt very much he wants to leave unless Drury (or whatever GM is around) tries to low ball his next deal, which isn't going to happen. In fact, I would bet that Igor has a new deal in place before the start of the last season of his current deal. He isn't going anywhere.

I only make the Hank comparison because I think that we as NYR fans (I'm assuming you are one too) were spoiled by our experience with him, and expect the exact same out of Igor just because he's another young, generational goalie who is basically Hank's heir. When in reality, he might not be as dedicated to NY as Hank was. And that's completely his prerogative. I'm not saying one type of behavior is better than the other or holding it against Igor. I just think that Hank lived and breathed this city, he might as well have been Mr. New York, and I don't think Igor shares that passion. So while Hank stayed with us until he was sent away, I don't think it's out of the realm for Igor to leave on his own. I think money will be less of an issue than winning. I don't know if Igor believes in this group as a whole, or believes that he can win a Cup with the Rangers. So for that reason alone I wouldn't be surprised if he goes somewhere else. I think it's 50/50 on if he stays or goes
Aug. 24, 2023 at 5:36 p.m.
I only make the Hank comparison because I think that we as NYR fans (I'm assuming you are one too) were spoiled by our experience with him, and expect the exact same out of Igor just because he's another young, generational goalie who is basically Hank's heir. When in reality, he might not be as dedicated to NY as Hank was. And that's completely his prerogative. I'm not saying one type of behavior is better than the other or holding it against Igor. I just think that Hank lived and breathed this city, he might as well have been Mr. New York, and I don't think Igor shares that passion. So while Hank stayed with us until he was sent away, I don't think it's out of the realm for Igor to leave on his own. I think money will be less of an issue than winning. I don't know if Igor believes in this group as a whole, or believes that he can win a Cup with the Rangers. So for that reason alone I wouldn't be surprised if he goes somewhere else. I think it's 50/50 on if he stays or goes

I don't think there is any goalie in history that was more competitive and wanted to win more than Hank and he stayed as long as he could and never would have left it was up to him. I have no reason to believe Igor will be any different in that regard. He is a competitor and wants to win but money and security are always a big concern as well as liking your team and organization. IMO, he isn't going anywhere.
Coachchippy and Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll