Forums/Armchair-GM

Pesce for Nylander Base

Created by: Caniac2000
Team: 2023-24 Carolina Hurricanes
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 26, 2023
Published: Aug. 26, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This isn't my idea, I'm stealing it from the ACGM linked below. Just wanted to look at this and see if it worked

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/756536?post_id=4378747
Trades
FLA
  1. Skjei, Brady
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (PHI)
CAR
  1. 2025 3rd round pick (DAL)
Additional Details:
Any team looking for a cheap RD
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$83,054,283$450,000$500,000$445,717
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 6
$4,820,000$4,820,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$8,460,250$8,460,250
C
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$4,425,000$4,425,000
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,800,000$1,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,280,000$5,280,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,400,000$1,400,000
RD
RFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,675,000$1,675,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 26, 2023 at 11:01 a.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
Keep trolling

I literally said he can be a 2nd pair player. What exactly do you think he is after being a healthy scratch for much of the playoffs and posting 0 points when he got in? Humour me....
Aug. 26, 2023 at 11:05 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: Affectionate_Side_64
I literally said he can be a 2nd pair player. What exactly do you think he is after being a healthy scratch for much of the playoffs and posting 0 points when he got in? Humour me....

I think he's a young player with no one in front him. He has to take his opportunity and run with it. Seems way better than to throw him and Willy away for lesser players. And yes Pesce is much less than Nylander and Turbo is literally a throw away.
Aug. 26, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
Banned
That jets trade is awful. Honka and Suzuki are long shots to even become NHL regulars at this point and a 4th liner in Drury. A late 1st wont entice the Jets.
Aug. 26, 2023 at 11:18 a.m.
I think he's a young player with no one in front him. He has to take his opportunity and run with it. Seems way better than to throw him and Willy away for lesser players. And yes Pesce is much less than Nylander and Turbo is literally a throw away.

You're such a clown it's unbelievable dude, please try to act somewhat serious if you want to be taken seriously.

"I think he's a young player with no one in front him. He has to take his opportunity and run with it. "

That literally means nothing lol. you can say that about any young player. Pesce is the number one shutdown defenseman on a top 3 defensive team in the league. Do you remember what it was like to have Muzzin? Do you remember losing him? Do you remember how awful our D was without him in the playoffs? Unfortunately Lily just couldn't take his opportunity....

I don't think you're dense enough to think Turbo is a throwaway so how about some honesty. If you are, then let me remind you he's one of the best defensive wingers in hockey, and prior to last year's injury riddled season was scoring at a near 0.9 PPG clip the 4 years previous playing on the top line for a contender. So no, he's not a throwaway as any half intelligent person can understand.

WE ARE DEALING FROM A POSITION OF STRENGTH TO ADDRESS A POSITION OF NEED BECAUSE WE"VE ONLY WON A SINGLE GAME PAST ROUND 1 IN 7 YEARS EMPLOYING THE STRATEGY YOU"RE ABOUT TO DOUBLE DOWN ON.

I am not a troll because i want something to change after years of failure.
Andy_Dick liked this.
Aug. 26, 2023 at 11:29 a.m.
Rip
You're such a clown it's unbelievable dude, please try to act somewhat serious if you want to be taken seriously.

"I think he's a young player with no one in front him. He has to take his opportunity and run with it. "

That literally means nothing lol. you can say that about any young player. Pesce is the number one shutdown defenseman on a top 3 defensive team in the league. Do you remember what it was like to have Muzzin? Do you remember losing him? Do you remember how awful our D was without him in the playoffs? Unfortunately Lily just couldn't take his opportunity....

I don't think you're dense enough to think Turbo is a throwaway so how about some honesty. If you are, then let me remind you he's one of the best defensive wingers in hockey, and prior to last year's injury riddled season was scoring at a near 0.9 PPG clip the 4 years previous playing on the top line for a contender. So no, he's not a throwaway as any half intelligent person can understand.

WE ARE DEALING FROM A POSITION OF STRENGTH TO ADDRESS A POSITION OF NEED BECAUSE WE"VE ONLY WON A SINGLE GAME PAST ROUND 1 IN 7 YEARS EMPLOYING THE STRATEGY YOU"RE ABOUT TO DOUBLE DOWN ON.

I am not a troll because i want something to change after years of failure.

Here come the insults. This is the pattern you fake leaf fans like to operate under. First you post a trade that homers from the other team like, knowing full well all actual leaf fans don't like it. They come out and say this is a trash trade for TO and you come out guns a blazing, insulting and looking to fight leaf fans. You are a sad troll. What is so bad in your real life that causes you to need to make others feel small to make yourself feel big? You are going to still feel small dude, this doesn't make you look cool or smart or whatever you are desperately trying to do here. All it does is make you look small, weak and sad.

Get a real hobby, try wood working. I am a carpenter and can give you some pointers. Make some nice hardwood boxes and take nice pictures of them. It'll give you an actual feeling of accomplishment. Trolling doesn't do anything for you, it's a short term emotional high but is surrounded by negative emotions, no one likes a troll. All you are accomplish with this nonsense is to make people annoyed.

Don't bother to respond unless you want tips on dovetail. I am done with the trolling. Good day
MitchJr liked this.
Aug. 26, 2023 at 11:59 a.m.
Here come the insults. This is the pattern you fake leaf fans like to operate under. First you post a trade that homers from the other team like, knowing full well all actual leaf fans don't like it. They come out and say this is a trash trade for TO and you come out guns a blazing, insulting and looking to fight leaf fans. You are a sad troll. What is so bad in your real life that causes you to need to make others feel small to make yourself feel big? You are going to still feel small dude, this doesn't make you look cool or smart or whatever you are desperately trying to do here. All it does is make you look small, weak and sad.

Get a real hobby, try wood working. I am a carpenter and can give you some pointers. Make some nice hardwood boxes and take nice pictures of them. It'll give you an actual feeling of accomplishment. Trolling doesn't do anything for you, it's a short term emotional high but is surrounded by negative emotions, no one likes a troll. All you are accomplish with this nonsense is to make people annoyed.

Don't bother to respond unless you want tips on dovetail. I am done with the trolling. Good day

You know I'm not trolling, which makes you an outwardly dishonest and manipulative person. Sorry if I've offended you, your point is well taken. I hope I can one day know the sense of accomplishment you get taking pictures of wooden boxes, seems well-suited to you from what I can see.
Andy_Dick liked this.
Aug. 26, 2023 at 12:25 p.m.
Banned
You know I'm not trolling, which makes you an outwardly dishonest and manipulative person. Sorry if I've offended you, your point is well taken. I hope I can one day know the sense of accomplishment you get taking pictures of wooden boxes, seems well-suited to you from what I can see.

The word troll has lost all meaning here much like the word.. woke, online. Sharing an opinion isn't a troll. Many like to argue that simply posting an ACGM is a troll. It ain't!

Constantly arguing and speaking in bad faith would more be more in line with trolling
Carleton liked this.
Aug. 26, 2023 at 1:22 p.m.
Another truly horrendous Nylander to canes trade🤦🏻 from the ultimate Canes homer. That there are actual “supposed” Leaf fans that would back a full blown robbery like this speaks to the size of Leafs nation. With so many fans, bound to be some outlier opinions - what are you going do 🤷🏻
Aug. 26, 2023 at 2:24 p.m.
Quoting: MitchJr
Another truly horrendous Nylander to canes trade🤦🏻 from the ultimate Canes homer. That there are actual “supposed” Leaf fans that would back a full blown robbery like this speaks to the size of Leafs nation. With so many fans, bound to be some outlier opinions - what are you going do 🤷🏻

Let's play a fun little guessing game. One of these players is an top end shutdown D man with considerable playoff success, the other played 1st line on the same team and commits to both sides of the puck, one just scored one 5v5 goal in 11 games after been relegated to the de facto 3rd line and posting the worst goal differential on the team who is now asking for a double digit salary until he's 36, and a player who started the postseason as a healthy scratch until getting in and posting 0 points, the latter two with one series win in their career during which they were not even among the top 5 players in terms of importance....
Aug. 26, 2023 at 2:27 p.m.
Let's play a fun little guessing game. One of these players is an top end shutdown D man with considerable playoff success, the other played 1st line on the same team and commits to both sides of the puck, one just scored one 5v5 goal in 11 games after been relegated to the de facto 3rd line and posting the worst goal differential on the team who is now asking for a double digit salary until he's 36, and a player who started the postseason as a healthy scratch until getting in and posting 0 points, the latter two with one series win in their career during which they were not even among the top 5 players in terms of importance....

Bud, it’s fine by me that you have your opinion but I’m not going to debate with you. Your positions, and arguments, are nonsensical - i.e. pure nonsense, worthless drivel - you clearly don’t like nylander and love Pesce & Terrevainen, your prerogative 🤷🏻
Aug. 26, 2023 at 3:11 p.m.

"Considerable playoff success" but he has the most subpar defensive metrics in the playoffs.

Lilly's 0 starts in the playoffs has nothing to do with his performance and everything to do with Keefe having the usual GM brain rot of choosing to overrate physical defenseman. He was an immediately better choice to start over Holl and everyone knew that. (I also don't know why you shoehorned in the fact he had 0 points, as if Lilly has ever been a puck mover and point getter?)

While Lilly was a bit sheltered because of Keefe, his metrics were great.

The more and more I choose to read your replies I actually wonder if you're a Toronto fan, or if you even WATCH the games. Because there's no way you genuinely are.
Aug. 26, 2023 at 3:31 p.m.
Florida declines, Bennett is too valuable to them.
Aug. 26, 2023 at 3:47 p.m.
Quoting: Rolfadinho
Florida declines, Bennett is too valuable to them.

Fair enough, just thought that LD has Forsling and then... not a lot else. Skjei at least makes it a genuine top 4 instead of one of Mike Reilly, Niko Mikkola and the ghost of OEL in the top four
Aug. 26, 2023 at 10:08 p.m.
What if it was Nylander and Timmins for Pesce and their 2nd round pick?
Aug. 26, 2023 at 10:40 p.m.
Quoting: Loxley_1972
What if it was Nylander and Timmins for Pesce and their 2nd round pick?

Doesn't work for Carolina. Timmins isn't better than Chatfield, Coghlan, DeAngelo etc. It would have to be Lilly to get Carolina to consider anything. The pick could be included too, but Lilly would need to be involved in some capacity

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll