$7,500,000$7,500,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 4
$800,000$800,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 6
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$787,500$787,500
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 3
$825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$100,000$100K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$812,500$812,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 12, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
Banned
Not enough
GMDannyB liked this.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: DustinBrown1989
Not enough

I would send Othmann the other way as well but would need like a third to come back with Zegras
Sep. 12, 2023 at 1:53 p.m.
Quoting: JackShaf
I would send Othmann the other way as well but would need like a third to come back with Zegras

Lol no shot guy
GMDannyB, Fox_Czar_Cup, NYR1983 and 1 other person liked this.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 1:55 p.m.
Oof... I already thought Zegras was overrated, but if that is "not enough", then he is MASSIVELY overrated.

Edit: well... I guess I totally overlooked that Goodrow was involved, too... But still.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 1:56 p.m.
Danny B is here
You paid for probably half of what it would cost for Zegras
Sep. 12, 2023 at 1:58 p.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: Garak
Oof... I already thought Zegras was overrated, but if that is "not enough", then he is MASSIVELY overrated.

How does being at 0.8 PPG at 20 and 21 years old on a terrible team make you overrated? I’m not even an Anaheim fan but so many people in this league have this completely irrational hatred for the guy. You will be begging for Bedard to put up similar numbers this this year if not next year
Sep. 12, 2023 at 2:06 p.m.
Quoting: GMDannyB
How does being at 0.8 PPG at 20 and 21 years old on a terrible team make you overrated? I’m not even an Anaheim fan but so many people in this league have this completely irrational hatred for the guy. You will be begging for Bedard to put up similar numbers this this year if not next year

I don't have to "hate" him to think he is overrated. I just think his personality and puck skills have boosted his reputation higher than his on ice play/production actually warrants. Also, Laf is still a relatively valuable young player who plays a massively better defensive game and has a comparable amount of offensive upside.

Also, no, I am not begging for Bedard to put up those kinds of points. In fact, personally, I'm kind of on the fence. I am hoping for a more gradual rise in production at the pro level from him, akin to Jack Hughes, but maybe a bit better. That way CHI doesn't steal too many games, keeping us lower in the standings and adding more high picks to the rebuild over the next couple years. Plus, it might help with the cost of his next contract.
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 2:22 p.m.
Save Mcdavid
Edited Sep. 12, 2023 at 2:43 p.m.

Edit: well... I guess I totally overlooked that Goodrow was involved, too... But still.

Lmao this is going to sound insane but the fact that he is a super marketable star does genuinely raise his value, at the end of the day the NHL is a business and owners want to make money. Not only is he a very talented offensive player but he is a top 5 recognizable player in the league and that's genuinely worth something. His value actually is raised due to popularity over other players who may be better but not as popular.
GiggywithGibby and GMDannyB liked this.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 2:37 p.m.
Danny B is here
I don't have to "hate" him to think he is overrated. I just think his personality and puck skills have boosted his reputation higher than his on ice play/production actually warrants. Also, Laf is still a relatively valuable young player who plays a massively better defensive game and has a comparable amount of offensive upside.

Also, no, I am not begging for Bedard to put up those kinds of points. In fact, personally, I'm kind of on the fence. I am hoping for a more gradual rise in production at the pro level from him, akin to Jack Hughes, but maybe a bit better. That way CHI doesn't steal too many games, keeping us lower in the standings and adding more high picks to the rebuild over the next couple years. Plus, it might help with the cost of his next contract.

Laf is 4 months younger and hasn’t come close to Zegras’ production albeit Laf gets less minutes but Laf was supposed to be a generational talent and Zegras was supposed to be a tier slightly below that. All 32 GMs would rather have Zegras over Laf on their team right now. Upside doesn’t matter for a team like NYR who are trying to compete for a cup now. Laf was supposed to be a generational forward and if all you can say about him is that he plays a good defensive game then the two really can’t be compared. Nobody cares how much potential you have if you never hit it in the NHL, ask Nolan Patrick and Flyers fans about that lol.
NucksnOilers liked this.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 3:04 p.m.
Laf is 4 months younger and hasn’t come close to Zegras’ production albeit Laf gets less minutes but Laf was supposed to be a generational talent and Zegras was supposed to be a tier slightly below that. All 32 GMs would rather have Zegras over Laf on their team right now. Upside doesn’t matter for a team like NYR who are trying to compete for a cup now. Laf was supposed to be a generational forward and if all you can say about him is that he plays a good defensive game then the two really can’t be compared. Nobody cares how much potential you have if you never hit it in the NHL, ask Nolan Patrick and Flyers fans about that lol.

You are literally making my argument for me, but coming to the opposite conclusion. Again, I never said Laf was worth more than Zegras, or that I would rather have him. The only reason I compared them is because we are literally discussing a trade proposal that involves both of them, and that is worth comparison if we are discussing value. Also, I doubt you are correct about "every GM would rather have Zegras than Laf". Maybe every Business operations manager would, but not EVERY GM of hockey operations would feel the same. There are many ways to find value in players, a 21 year old putting up around 40 points while being a reliable and defensively responsible player are some of those valuable attributes. Personally, I would rather have those things, alongside Laf's offensive upside (given some time and maybe a larger role) and the fact that you could probably get way more surplus value out of him in the long term big picture, than some loud mouth prima-donna who refuses to play defense, but to each their own, I guess. If the NYR's are looking to "win now" I highly doubt Zegras is anything even remotely close to the solution for them. Especially considering the fact that NY can't afford him.

There are way more variables that need to be considered in making trades, assigning value to players, and building a team than you seem to think. Regardless, Laf has plenty of value. So, sending him along with a 1st round pick should easily be enough for Zegras, or pretty close to it. Although, the Goodrow contract could complicate things depending on ANA's needs, timeline, and projected cap/roster space within the remaining term of his deal.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 3:12 p.m.
Danny B is here
You are literally making my argument for me, but coming to the opposite conclusion. Again, I never said Laf was worth more than Zegras, or that I would rather have him. The only reason I compared them is because we are literally discussing a trade proposal that involves both of them, and that is worth comparison if we are discussing value. Also, I doubt you are correct about "every GM would rather have Zegras than Laf". Maybe every Business operations manager would, but not EVERY GM of hockey operations would feel the same. There are many ways to find value in players, a 21 year old putting up around 40 points while being a reliable and defensively responsible player are some of those valuable attributes. Personally, I would rather have those things, alongside Laf's offensive upside (given some time and maybe a larger role) and the fact that you could probably get way more surplus value out of him in the long term big picture, than some loud mouth prima-donna who refuses to play defense, but to each their own, I guess. If the NYR's are looking to "win now" I highly doubt Zegras is anything even remotely close to the solution for them. Especially considering the fact that NY can't afford him.

There are way more variables that need to be considered in making trades, assigning value to players, and building a team than you seem to think. Regardless, Laf has plenty of value. So, sending him along with a 1st round pick should easily be enough for Zegras, or pretty close to it. Although, the Goodrow contract could complicate things depending on ANA's needs, timeline, and projected cap/roster space within the remaining term of his deal.

Again you say you don’t hate Zegras but then call him a “loud mouthed primadonna who refuses to play defense” that sounds like hatred to me more so than just u think he is overrated lol but it is what it is
Sep. 12, 2023 at 3:17 p.m.
Quoting: Drshnuckels91
Lmao this is going to sound insane but the fact that he is a super marketable star does genuinely raise his value, at the end of the day the NHL is a business and owners want to make money. Not only is he a very talented offensive player but he is a top 5 recognizable player in the league and that's genuinely worth something. His value actually is raised due to popularity over other players who may be better but not as popular.

Meh... That is certainly true up to a point. But that doesn't make this as egregious of an underpay as some commenters are making it seem. Also, I don't think the Rangers have a problem in that department, and Zegras doesn't really make their cup aspirations any more realistic. Any team that overpays for "marketability" is going to be a smaller but growing market that needs a boost.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 3:32 p.m.
Again you say you don’t hate Zegras but then call him a “loud mouthed primadonna who refuses to play defense” that sounds like hatred to me more so than just u think he is overrated lol but it is what it is

I never said I didn't hate him either, though. I just said that I don't have to hate him to think he is overrated. Also, saying those things doesn't mean I hate him either. I understand the value those types of cocky players can bring to a roster, to get under other teams skin. I just value hard working, defensively reliable, and responsible players more.

But, no. I don't waste my time on hating hockey players. Overrated doesn't mean I don't like him or that I don't think he is good. I just think that anyone saying this isn't enough for him, values him way too highly. Especially considering the contract that he is likely commanding in his next deal. Give up a ton of assets and then sign him to a gigantic risky long term deal? No thanks.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 3:34 p.m.
Danny B is here
I never said I didn't hate him either, though. I just said that I don't have to hate him to think he is overrated. Also, saying those things doesn't mean I hate him either. I understand the value those types of cocky players can bring to a roster, to get under other teams skin. I just value hard working, defensively reliable, and responsible players more.

But, no. I don't waste my time on hating hockey players. Overrated doesn't mean I don't like him or that I don't think he is good. I just think that anyone saying this isn't enough for him, values him way too highly. Especially considering the contract that he is likely commanding in his next deal. Give up a ton of assets and then sign him to a gigantic risky long term deal? No thanks.

Curious as to why you think it’s risky to give him a new deal? I just don’t seem to understand the logic how apparently Laf has all of this untapped potential that will light up the future but Zegras is a risk for the future
Sep. 12, 2023 at 4:06 p.m.
Curious as to why you think it’s risky to give him a new deal? I just don’t seem to understand the logic how apparently Laf has all of this untapped potential that will light up the future but Zegras is a risk for the future

Zegras is likely commanding $8.5M or more for like 6, 7, or 8 years. If he continues putting up 60 pts a season while being a defensive liability, $8.5M will be a boat anchor against the cap. Even if he improves offensively and becomes a top scorer in the league, he will still likely always be a one way player that doesn't provide much, if anything, outside of scoring. He is a good player to have, but to trade for him is the risky part, especially when he is due a new contract right now. A known commodity for an unknown. He also isn't likely to be what NY needs and would gum up their cap situation even more than it already is.

Laf, on the other hand, has great maybe even comparable offensive upside, even if he is currently behind Zegras' offensive development curve, while being reliable in all zones, and has a vastly more manageable cap hit, and doesn't require giving up any extra assets in order for NY to have him on their roster.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 4:14 p.m.
Soggy
This isn't enough to get Zegras for his market value. Although I think Zegras is overrated and Rangers should stay away from him anyways.
Sep. 12, 2023 at 5:14 p.m.
Danny B is here
Zegras is likely commanding $8.5M or more for like 6, 7, or 8 years. If he continues putting up 60 pts a season while being a defensive liability, $8.5M will be a boat anchor against the cap. Even if he improves offensively and becomes a top scorer in the league, he will still likely always be a one way player that doesn't provide much, if anything, outside of scoring. He is a good player to have, but to trade for him is the risky part, especially when he is due a new contract right now. A known commodity for an unknown. He also isn't likely to be what NY needs and would gum up their cap situation even more than it already is.

Laf, on the other hand, has great maybe even comparable offensive upside, even if he is currently behind Zegras' offensive development curve, while being reliable in all zones, and has a vastly more manageable cap hit, and doesn't require giving up any extra assets in order for NY to have him on their roster.

Dude there are a dozen at least forwards in the league making at least $8.5M a year that barely defend, again if you don’t like Zegras fine that is obvious but saying his contract will be a boat anchor is literally comical
Sep. 12, 2023 at 6:08 p.m.
LosPatos
Quoting: JackShaf

LMAO. Delusional
Sep. 12, 2023 at 6:08 p.m.
LosPatos
The cost of Zegras is 2-3 times more than what you just offered.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll