M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$916,667$916,667
LD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$805,000$805,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 15, 2023 at 2:09 a.m.
easily the yotes say no with extreme prejudice.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 4:22 a.m.
I agree with the poster above that Arizona says no. Value is definitely in their favor. Joseph and Kelly are dumps. The second and Brannstrom might be enough to cover the offloading, but not the players coming back.

I'm also not sure what you're trying to accomplish for the Sens? What's the purpose of trading Brannstrom for Durzi? Durzi is ok, but not really needed. In your above lineup, Sens are carrying 8D, which is a bit excessive. If Kleven is ready, you trade Branny and just use the 1M in cap space savings for Pinto. Or JBD if Sens have given up on him, but no real cap savings there.

Kelly has negative value. Didn't have a good year. If Sens are done with him, better off just to waive him than have to pay to dump him. If he clears, send him to Belleville. No cap hit and you can walk away after this year.

Then there's also Arizona itself. They made it clear when they traded Chychrun that they didn't want to take money back. So, I'd imagine ownership may have lost its appetite to be a trade partner for bad contracts, meaning that even with a proper amount of draft pick compensation, they probably refuse to take on Joseph's contract.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 7:33 a.m.
Arizona for sure
Sep. 15, 2023 at 11:06 a.m.
Beargold
Both teams say no. As mentioned above, Durzi is pretty meh. I'd rather give that spot to JBD. McBain is an intriguing add and he'd play well with Kastelic, but not at that price. Just sell low on Kubalik and use that cap to sign Pinto and Sokolov.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 12:33 p.m.
Quoting: AnonymousSensFan
I agree with the poster above that Arizona says no. Value is definitely in their favor. Joseph and Kelly are dumps. The second and Brannstrom might be enough to cover the offloading, but not the players coming back.

I'm also not sure what you're trying to accomplish for the Sens? What's the purpose of trading Brannstrom for Durzi? Durzi is ok, but not really needed. In your above lineup, Sens are carrying 8D, which is a bit excessive. If Kleven is ready, you trade Branny and just use the 1M in cap space savings for Pinto. Or JBD if Sens have given up on him, but no real cap savings there.

Kelly has negative value. Didn't have a good year. If Sens are done with him, better off just to waive him than have to pay to dump him. If he clears, send him to Belleville. No cap hit and you can walk away after this year.

Then there's also Arizona itself. They made it clear when they traded Chychrun that they didn't want to take money back. So, I'd imagine ownership may have lost its appetite to be a trade partner for bad contracts, meaning that even with a proper amount of draft pick compensation, they probably refuse to take on Joseph's contract.

The way I look at it in terms of trade value is Branny/Durzi basically cancel out (Branny might have slightly more trade value). Joseph and Kelly both have negative value so stack that negative value on the 2nd round pick and call it a 5th round pick value-wise - so you're basically getting Mcbain for a 5th (stack on some of Brannys excess value over Durzi too).

As for team fit, Ottawa upgrades their fourth line by replacing Kelly with Mcbain. The bottom pair for Ottawa is now Kleven-Durzi instead of Branny-Hamonic, which I kind of like better. Arizona has a lot of guys ready to take the next step so they can afford to lose a guy like Mcbain. They get to take a flyer on Joseph potentially being a useful player and they have tons of cap space for him. Overall sens get better today and Arizona still gets to have a promising young D plus another high pick.

Perhaps you exchange Kelly for JBD to make it a little more even.
AnonymousSensFan liked this.
Sep. 15, 2023 at 12:53 p.m.
Quoting: huntsy95
The way I look at it in terms of trade value is Branny/Durzi basically cancel out (Branny might have slightly more trade value). Joseph and Kelly both have negative value so stack that negative value on the 2nd round pick and call it a 5th round pick value-wise - so you're basically getting Mcbain for a 5th (stack on some of Brannys excess value over Durzi too).

As for team fit, Ottawa upgrades their fourth line by replacing Kelly with Mcbain. The bottom pair for Ottawa is now Kleven-Durzi instead of Branny-Hamonic, which I kind of like better. Arizona has a lot of guys ready to take the next step so they can afford to lose a guy like Mcbain. They get to take a flyer on Joseph potentially being a useful player and they have tons of cap space for him. Overall sens get better today and Arizona still gets to have a promising young D plus another high pick.

Yeah, I get that Durzi and Branny cancel each other out. But they don't really. Durzi puts up more points, a natural RD, and is bigger. I get Brannstrom as good advanced stats. But I'm not sure many teams value him at a 2nd.

If you're set on acquiring Durzi though, I would play him with JBD, and leave Kleven in Belleville. JBD needs to play or be traded. He's not going to develop in the press box and I doubt he clears waivers
Sep. 15, 2023 at 1:05 p.m.
Yeah, I get that Durzi and Branny cancel each other out. But they don't really. Durzi puts up more points, a natural RD, and is bigger. I get Brannstrom as good advanced stats. But I'm not sure many teams value him at a 2nd.

If you're set on acquiring Durzi though, I would play him with JBD, and leave Kleven in Belleville. JBD needs to play or be traded. He's not going to develop in the press box and I doubt he clears waivers

Not necessarily set on acquiring Durzi, just could be an interesting way of making room for Pinto while still improving the current roster. I agree with your Durzi take, I like him more than Branny. Mcbain would also be a lowkey great pick-up, the guy has performed at every level and having a fourth line of all guys at least 6'3 205 is nice.
AnonymousSensFan liked this.
Sep. 17, 2023 at 8:36 p.m.
Kelly, Parker : no value, he's waiver material

Joseph, Mathieu : would cost approximatively a 2nd to move right now with NO SALARY BACK due to cap crunch and down season. Not a player that should be moved NOW.

Brännström, Erik : great rising 2-way D-man, advanced stats show that he could also succeed in a 2nd pairing role. Even his offense is underrated, has paced for 24 pts per 82 games since he turned 21 y/o, very good metrics both ways

2025 2nd round pick (OTT)

Durzi, Sean : just got traded for a 2nd, so let's cancel with the Sens 2nd to simplify

So basically Brannstrom and Joseph for McBain

Arizona doesn't do it because that difference in AAV is not valued in the proposal

Ottawa would need to retain 50% on Joseph

Quoting: bwhsocal
easily the yotes say no with extreme prejudice.

extreme prejudice lol

The only thing Durzi does special is getting assists on the PP. Brannstrom is easily the better player.
Sep. 17, 2023 at 8:46 p.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
Kelly, Parker : no value, he's waiver material

Joseph, Mathieu : would cost approximatively a 2nd to move right now with NO SALARY BACK due to cap crunch and down season. Not a player that should be moved NOW.

Brännström, Erik : great rising 2-way D-man, advanced stats show that he could also succeed in a 2nd pairing role. Even his offense is underrated, has paced for 24 pts per 82 games since he turned 21 y/o, very good metrics both ways

2025 2nd round pick (OTT)

Durzi, Sean : just got traded for a 2nd, so let's cancel with the Sens 2nd to simplify

So basically Brannstrom and Joseph for McBain

Arizona doesn't do it because that difference in AAV is not valued in the proposal

Ottawa would need to retain 50% on Joseph

extreme prejudice lol

The only thing Durzi does special is getting assists on the PP. Brannstrom is easily the better player.

then since both same age and RFA and equal salary and if brannstrom so much better why trading him to get durzi
Sep. 17, 2023 at 10:47 p.m.
Quoting: bwhsocal
then since both same age and RFA and equal salary and if brannstrom so much better why trading him to get durzi

I am not the OP. I would never do that.

There's not even an utility for Durzi in Ottawa with Chabot, Sanderson and Chychrun who will get a lot of PP time (and all the forwards). It will already be hard to give some PP to Brannstrom/Kleven

The only way it would make sense to trade Brannstrom is for a similar young rising 2-way forward. That will need to happen at some point to leave a spot for Kleven

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll