1. Zegras, Trevor [RFA Rights]
ANA
  1. Danielson, Nate
  2. Fabbri, Robby
  3. Johansson, Albert
  4. Raymond, Lucas
  5. 2026 1st round pick (DET)
Additional Details:
Anaheim has apparently offered Zegras a bridge deal for 3-4 million per. That's a huge insult in my opinion. Copp and Compher make more for comparison. Red Wings need a highly skilled center like him.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the STL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$82,209,306$0$907,500$1,290,694
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,460,000$1,460,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
C, LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,100,000$5,100,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$878,333$878,333 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
C
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:42 p.m.
Nate Danielson?? That's your highly skilled centre
JoeROFLCOPTER and C_LGRW71 liked this.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:42 p.m.
Banned
I think that's actually a pretty fair deal.
GhostGM92 liked this.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:43 p.m.
they dont wanna lock up a guy to big money when hes done nothing but globe trotter stuff, makes sense tbh. redwings would be insane to do this
SuperJoe19 and JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:44 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: SuperJoe19

Getting an established 22 year player who's yet to reach his ceiling and is a RFA doesn't come cheap.
GhostGM92 liked this.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:45 p.m.
StevieY19!!
I wouldn't do it for just Raymond
JoeROFLCOPTER and aedoran liked this.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:48 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: AnyoneButTheBruins
I wouldn't do it for just Raymond

You don't watch then
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:49 p.m.
Banned

Are you serious?
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
Getting an established 22 year player who's yet to reach his ceiling and is a RFA doesn't come cheap.

What if 60 pts a year is his ceiling, Nate Danielson is the 9th overall pick of the deepest draft in a decade.
Danielson was also more successful in a harder league pre draft...

I take my chances with Danielson 10/10 times
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
Quoting: GhostGM92
Are you serious?

Yes
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:51 p.m.
StevieY19!!
You don't watch then

I'm sure you rigorously watch the ducks like the true fan you are! Who the hell watches the Ducks? If you want him just for his fancy highlights, then I get who you are as a fan. The current deal you have on the table cripples our rebuild significantly to "upgrade" to a player not that much better and is a year older. NO THANKS!
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:51 p.m.
Joe
Give them Seider while we're at it.
Herb_Brooks and aedoran liked this.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
Joe

Welcome! GhostGM92 is a Red Wings troll.
aedoran liked this.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 1:55 p.m.
Joe
Quoting: AnyoneButTheBruins
I'm sure you rigorously watch the ducks like the true fan you are! Who the hell watches the Ducks? If you want him just for his fancy highlights, then I get who you are as a fan. The current deal you have on the table cripples our rebuild significantly to "upgrade" to a player not that much better and is a year older. NO THANKS!

I'm sure he doesn't watch any hockey honestly.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 2:04 p.m.
Banned
What if 60 pts a year is his ceiling, Nate Danielson is the 9th overall pick of the deepest draft in a decade.

Nate Danielson is another Dylan Larkin
Sep. 21, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
Nate Danielson is another Dylan Larkin

Is that bad?

Team captain
All star
30g scorer.

I'd rather have larkin than zegras
JoeROFLCOPTER liked this.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 2:39 p.m.
LosPatos
Ducks aren’t moving Zegras and Detroit doesn’t do this
Sep. 21, 2023 at 2:46 p.m.
Banned
Is that bad?

Team captain
All star
30g scorer.

I'd rather have larkin than zegras

Ya Larkin is 27 and is in the prime of his career. Zegras is 22 and has a much higher ceiling in my opinion. Dylan Larkin has maximized his potential but he has average to below average hands and creativity. He's a really good skater, has a good shot and is a very good two way player. But Zegras has elite hands and creativity and has massive upside. From a talent perspective I don't think it's close. And because of that and the age of the players I think Zegras will have more points in each of the next eight years and beyond. That Larkin contract is pretty bad.. And Zegras will continue to get better defensively, Larkin is going to start to decline, a lot of miles on him. I've never been a big fan of Larkin and it turns my stomach that's he's still the 1C when he has the hands of a fourth liner. Nate Danielson was a big reach in the draft because Dylan Larkin is his max potential but I don't think he's even that good. Another bad draft pick by Yzerman. Raymond stinks, Cossa stinks and so does Nate Danielson. I heard some people like the guys on the winged wheel podcast say Nate Danielson looked good in the prospects tournament. I completely disagree, he is extremely underwhelming offensively and made bad decisions with the puck. One time he had a guy wide open but he had his head down and went to his backhand which closed the passing lane then he passed it. I think he's awful offensively. I don't think he's that good of a skater either. He's not a bad skater but he's nothing special. Kasper is a much better skater but he's not great offensively either. The Red Wings need Zegras because they don't have any centers like him on the roster or in their prospect pool. If you like their center prospects and think one of them can be a 1C then you don't make this trade. But again I'm not high on any of them. And I don't like Lucas Raymond either. So this trade is a easy one to make for me, you're also getting rid of Fabbri who's always hurt and is making four million.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 2:46 p.m.
not a he )
Both sides decline.

I would absolutely love to see Detroit acquire Zegras, though, on a personal level. They have nothing in the way of flash up front, so he'd bring an exciting element to an otherwise dull, reliable forward core. And also, I have two buddies who are Wings fans whose heads would explode from rage because they irrationally hate him even though Seider won the Calder.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 2:51 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: LosPatos
Ducks aren’t moving Zegras and Detroit doesn’t do this

If they aren't moving Zegras you probably shouldn't of offered him 3-4 million cus that's insulting. Do they really want him?
Sep. 21, 2023 at 3:16 p.m.
Joe
Ya Larkin is 27 and is in the prime of his career. Zegras is 22 and has a much higher ceiling in my opinion. Dylan Larkin has maximized his potential but he has average to below average hands and creativity. He's a really good skater, has a good shot and is a very good two way player. But Zegras has elite hands and creativity and has massive upside. From a talent perspective I don't think it's close. And because of that and the age of the players I think Zegras will have more points in each of the next eight years and beyond. That Larkin contract is pretty bad.. And Zegras will continue to get better defensively, Larkin is going to start to decline, a lot of miles on him. I've never been a big fan of Larkin and it turns my stomach that's he's still the 1C when he has the hands of a fourth liner. Nate Danielson was a big reach in the draft because Dylan Larkin is his max potential but I don't think he's even that good. Another bad draft pick by Yzerman. Raymond stinks, Cossa stinks and so does Nate Danielson. I heard some people like the guys on the winged wheel podcast say Nate Danielson looked good in the prospects tournament. I completely disagree, he is extremely underwhelming offensively and made bad decisions with the puck. One time he had a guy wide open but he had his head down and went to his backhand which closed the passing lane then he passed it. I think he's awful offensively. I don't think he's that good of a skater either. He's not a bad skater but he's nothing special. Kasper is a much better skater but he's not great offensively either. The Red Wings need Zegras because they don't have any centers like him on the roster or in their prospect pool. If you like their center prospects and think one of them can be a 1C then you don't make this trade. But again I'm not high on any of them. And I don't like Lucas Raymond either. So this trade is a easy one to make for me, you're also getting rid of Fabbri who's always hurt and is making four million.

Bro managed to slide in his awful opinion on Raymond in a post about Danielson lmao. Don't know why anyone takes this guy seriously.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 4:36 p.m.
Banned

Well, what if Danielson is a complete and total bust who never sees the NHL? I'm not trying to be a diack, but in my conversations with DET fans, you all seem to think each and every one of your prospects are guaranteed and they're simply not.

Zegras clearly has the goods and room to grow, not to mention that aside from Terry, he hasn't exactly been surrounded by a lot of quality offensive players. I do like DET's forward group and he'd have a lot more to work with.

I think this deal is a slam dunk for DET and would be foolish to turn down.
GhostGM92 liked this.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
Well, what if Danielson is a complete and total bust who never sees the NHL? I'm not trying to be a diack, but in my conversations with DET fans, you all seem to think each and every one of your prospects are guaranteed and they're simply not.

Zegras clearly has the goods and room to grow, not to mention that aside from Terry, he hasn't exactly been surrounded by a lot of quality offensive players. I do like DET's forward group and he'd have a lot more to work with.

I think this deal is a slam dunk for DET and would be foolish to turn down.

Well I'm the farthest thing from a wings fan, if I'm profile name didn't give it away, I'm an avalanche fan and I know very well that prospects don't always make it.. kaut, jost, bowers, hishon..

The problem I have with your argument is that you're giving zegras all the confidence in the world that he will become a superstar and absolutely zero for Danielson.

Raymond alone got 45 pts last season, so you're giving up a potential zegras, Raymond, 1st and other pieces for a zegras
Sep. 21, 2023 at 6:19 p.m.
Banned
Well I'm the farthest thing from a wings fan, if I'm profile name didn't give it away, I'm an avalanche fan and I know very well that prospects don't always make it.. kaut, jost, bowers, hishon..

The problem I have with your argument is that you're giving zegras all the confidence in the world that he will become a superstar and absolutely zero for Danielson.

Raymond alone got 45 pts last season, so you're giving up a potential zegras, Raymond, 1st and other pieces for a zegras

The problem with Raymond is that most of his goals are layups. I wasn't impressed with him last season. Now the reports I'm hearing is that he put on some weight and got stronger and faster. But I need to see it in a game first to believe it myself. And I don't think his shot is that good. He has decent hands and is more of a playmaker. He's extremely bad defensively in his own end and he's a soft player. I wouldn't build my team with soft wingers like him unless he's Patrick Kane. But look even guys like Mitch Marner struggle in the playoffs. Vegas won the Stanley Cup with Ivan Barbashev and Mark Stone. Jonathan Marchessault was incredible scoring a lot of goals so it works even though he's small. You need balance to your team and if your a soft winger you need to be elite or you're a huge negative. Smaller wingers tend to bad defensively cus they don't hit and are soft on the puck. If Raymond wants to be a good player he needs to put up way more than 17 goals and be harder on the puck and be better in his own end and play with a edge. Another good example of how to build a team is the Florida Panthers with Matthew Tkachuk. You can't just have a first line with Alex DeBrincat who's small and Lucas Raymond who's the softest player in the league. You can have centers that are soft like Zegras cus it's a totally different position. Wingers need to be strong, physical and be good on the boards and on the forecheck. If you go all soft and play puck possession like the Red Wings you're going to lose if your skilled players aren't elite. And even if they are elite they can get shut down in the playoffs. Just look at Toronto. Ideally the perfect winger can play any style of hockey and Lucas Raymond isn't it. I think this season your going to see Klim Kostin or Elmer Soderblom with Larkin and DeBrincat. They will start Raymond with them but for how long? Last year he hit a wall and was awful. Can't do that if you want to make the playoffs. Where was the edge and intensity in his game? It wasn't there most nights and that's unacceptable. Klim Kostin is the real deal. Rasmussen is the real deal but Lucas Raymond stinks.
Sep. 21, 2023 at 7:28 p.m.
Banned

Of course I'm giving Zegras all the confidence in the world. In each of the last two seasons he posted 20+ goals and 60+ points. He's done this all while playing on a VERY bad team. Plus, he's 22 years old and is still a few years away from hitting his prime. He's also a fairly well-rounded player.

So yes, I'm giving confidence to a known commodity over a player who's proven nothing at the pro level. Also, for the record, I never used the word superstar with Zegras, but it's not far fetched that he could grow in to a 30 goal 80ish point-getter.
Sep. 22, 2023 at 8:28 a.m.
Joe
Edited Sep. 22, 2023 at 10:10 a.m.
Of course I'm giving Zegras all the confidence in the world. In each of the last two seasons he posted 20+ goals and 60+ points. He's done this all while playing on a VERY bad team. Plus, he's 22 years old and is still a few years away from hitting his prime. He's also a fairly well-rounded player.

So yes, I'm giving confidence to a known commodity over a player who's proven nothing at the pro level. Also, for the record, I never used the word superstar with Zegras, but it's not far fetched that he could grow in to a 30 goal 80ish point-getter.

Well-rounded? He's horrible defensively. He's good in the o-zone, and damn near a liability elsewhere. Wouldn't even consider Raymond + 1st + Johansson, let alone adding Nate Danielson. Using "unproven" to strike against any prospect, let alone ones that are freshly drafted, is stupid - it's not like prospects are complete lottery picks; players drafted in the first round are going to typically be better than players drafted in the later rounds.
SuperJoe19 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll