Team: 2023-24 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 18, 2023
Published: Oct. 18, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
BOS
  1. Couture, Logan
Additional Details:
Couture is 34 so his value is not that high. SJS gets rid of his contract for roster player and 1st. Eats Coyle's deal too before buying out or flipping soon plus they need to reach cap floor so its not too bad
SJS
  1. Coyle, Charlie
  2. Frederic, Trent
  3. 2025 1st round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
Top 5 protected
BOS
NSH
  1. Bussi, Brandon
  2. Forbort, Derek ($650,000 retained)
  3. 2026 3rd round pick (BOS)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$83,079,167$4,500,000$580,000$420,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$8,000,000$8,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$11,250,000$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
RW
RFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 7
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 1
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,475,000$3,475,000
G
RFA - 1
$1,137,500$1,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
RD
RFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 18, 2023 at 9:44 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Forbort will not cost that much to dump.

Also not giving up that deal for couture unless he’s retained down to 6 mill.

Bruins have no need for a mid 30s Center when we have 25+ mill in cap next off-season where we can go for literally any of the top UFA’s.

I feel the bruins organization and fan base realize this is a bridge year to develop some young guys, even with couture he doesn’t make us a cup contender so why waste the picks and move 2 guys who haven’t gave us a reason to move them
tupty and BruinsWoahWoah liked this.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 9:46 a.m.
Yikes
Oct. 18, 2023 at 9:50 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Quoting: Newgod77
Yikes

I love when people comment something very general that provides no value to my forum!
AK50 liked this.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 10:50 a.m.
Jesus.Christ. Says he’s not worth much, proceeds to ask for a 1st and 2 quality pieces with no retention. 🙄

If they retained half, Merkulov and 3rd would be reasonable but it still a problem due to the length of his contract.

I would not give up any of those pieces straight up.

Using Bussi to move Forbort. 😂😂😂😂😂

What a joke this whole thing is.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 10:58 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Quoting: Gofnut999
Jesus.Christ. Says he’s not worth much, proceeds to ask for a 1st and 2 quality pieces with no retention. 🙄

If they retained half, Merkulov and 3rd would be reasonable but it still a problem due to the length of his contract.

I would not give up any of those pieces straight up.

Using Bussi to move Forbort. 😂😂😂😂😂

What a joke this whole thing is.

Bussi is 25. He has a fun name but truthfully he is a nobody. Coyle has negative value. Frederic is so easily replaceable.

Lmao come on, buddy.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 11:11 a.m.
Edited Oct. 18, 2023 at 11:21 a.m.
Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
Bussi is 25. He has a fun name but truthfully he is a nobody. Coyle has negative value. Frederic is so easily replaceable.

Lmao come on, buddy.

Wrong - Coyle is not negative value. Not to Boston anyway. If you watch him play every night and don’t appreciate what he brings night in and night out you don’t understand hockey. Clearly you just look at points and $. He’s their best defensive center. Lead all their FWDs in PK ice time. Strong with and on the puck. Over 50% at the dot. Needs to shoot more.

Wrong - Bussi should be in the NHL he’s just blocked. #2 in AHL last year. His first year as a pro.
Had shutout in pre season. Opened season with 40 save game.

Correct - Forbort is easily replaced. Sort of. If they moved him they have nobody that does what he does. Eats dirty minutes, stay at home D, blocks shots, kills penalties, cuts down wear and tear on top guys so they do not have to. Grizz, Zboril, Shatty, Mitchell not doing that. They still should move him if they need the cap space. But 1.5m of space is not worth a 3rd and Bussi. Not even worth the 3rd.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 11:24 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Wrong - Coyle is not negative value. If you watch him play every night and don’t appreciate what he brings night in and night out you don’t understand hockey.

Wrong - Bussi should be in the NHL he’s just blocked. #2 in AHL last year. Had shutout in pre season. Opened season with 40 save game.

Correct - Forbort is easily replaced. Sort of. If they moved him they have nobody that does what he does. Eats dirty minutes, stay at home D, blocks shots, kills penalties, cuts down wear and tear on top guys so they do not have to. Grizz, Zboril, Shatty, Mitchell not doing that. They still should move him if they need the cap space. But 1.5m of space is not worth a 3rd and Bussi. Not even worth the 3rd.

IDC about preseason lmao. And yes he should be in the NHL, but hes gonna be a career backup. This is laughable.

Coyle is 31 making all that money to be a 40 or so point guy. That sucks. You can say whatever you want but he is a career average defender, too. -2.8 defensive WAR value over past 3 seasons, two seasons negative and one positve plus he is at the age where forwards begin to regress. No team wants him at that AAV til hes 35. Sorry not sorry if you cant actually see that.

Ill gladly say the same stuff with Pamieri on the Islanders lol.

"Eats dirty minutes, stay at home D, blocks shots, kills penalties, cuts down wear and tear on top guys so they do not have to. "

These are all subjective or wrong.

Okay he plays 17-18 minutes a game, thats not dirty minutes for defenseman. Stay at home d? Like hes defensively sound? Hes solid i guess but hes just above replacement level. Everyone blocks shots. You have other guys who could kill penalties like he does too. "Cuts down wear and tear on top guys so they do not have to" he plays 17-18 minutes hes not saving those other guys much time... And plus id rather have your best guys against other top guys lmao.

You are clearly blinded by bias, which is fine, but this is not worth my time

I could say the same thing about any player.

Marco Scandella eats big minutes!!! (17-18 minutes a night). Kyle Palmieri is great, if you disagree you dont understand hockey (same stats as Coyle but ill proceed to not name a single tangible or objective reason to why he is good and why you do not understand hockey)

This isnt a personal attack against you, this is just me stating how terrible your argument is. You cant say Coyle is good at xyz because he isnt. He sucks rn and is literally so washed yet you wont admit that til hes bough out or traded and you can finally see how bad he is lmao.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 11:36 a.m.
IDC about preseason lmao. And yes he should be in the NHL, but hes gonna be a career backup. This is laughable.

Coyle is 31 making all that money to be a 40 or so point guy. That sucks. You can say whatever you want but he is a career average defender, too. -2.8 defensive WAR value over past 3 seasons, two seasons negative and one positve plus he is at the age where forwards begin to regress. No team wants him at that AAV til hes 35. Sorry not sorry if you cant actually see that.

Ill gladly say the same stuff with Pamieri on the Islanders lol.

"Eats dirty minutes, stay at home D, blocks shots, kills penalties, cuts down wear and tear on top guys so they do not have to. "

These are all subjective or wrong.

Okay he plays 17-18 minutes a game, thats not dirty minutes for defenseman. Stay at home d? Like hes defensively sound? Hes solid i guess but hes just above replacement level. Everyone blocks shots. You have other guys who could kill penalties like he does too. "Cuts down wear and tear on top guys so they do not have to" he plays 17-18 minutes hes not saving those other guys much time... And plus id rather have your best guys against other top guys lmao.

You are clearly blinded by bias, which is fine, but this is not worth my time

I could say the same thing about any player.

Marco Scandella eats big minutes!!! (17-18 minutes a night). Kyle Palmieri is great, if you disagree you dont understand hockey (same stats as Coyle but ill proceed to not name a single tangible or objective reason to why he is good and why you do not understand hockey)

This isnt a personal attack against you, this is just me stating how terrible your argument is. You cant say Coyle is good at xyz because he isnt. He sucks rn and is literally so washed yet you wont admit that til hes bough out or traded and you can finally see how bad he is lmao.

I’m not saying Coyle has trade value or other teams want his contract, they don’t. But he provides value to Boston and is not just dead weight.

Everybody blocks shots? Grizz and Mitchell don’t…at all. Forbort is their top PK guy. When he was out last year their PK stats took a hit. Again - he has no value and a bad contract. Be happy to move him. It this team does not have anyone to fill that role. I’d still much rather see Lohrei or Zboril in the lineup at a third of the cost.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 12:10 p.m.
As a lifelong Sharks fan I hope that Couture get dealt in next couple years to give him a chance at playoff runs. Consistently good during season and great in playoffs. Unsure what the return would be for his services, but something similar to what Sharks got for Erik Karlsson would be nice, which looks like this trade.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 12:15 p.m.
Wrong - Coyle is not negative value. Not to Boston anyway. If you watch him play every night and don’t appreciate what he brings night in and night out you don’t understand hockey. Clearly you just look at points and $. He’s their best defensive center. Lead all their FWDs in PK ice time. Strong with and on the puck. Over 50% at the dot. Needs to shoot more.

Wrong - Bussi should be in the NHL he’s just blocked. #2 in AHL last year. His first year as a pro.
Had shutout in pre season. Opened season with 40 save game.

He’s a troll. Don’t feed it
Bruins1054_gmb liked this.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 12:25 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks

dude what side are you on lmao? Where am I trolling? You provide zero value to my forum. Just state ur opinion instead of hiding it. I at least have the courage to state my opinion lmao grow some
Oct. 18, 2023 at 12:26 p.m.

I’m not saying Coyle has trade value or other teams want his contract, they don’t. But he provides value to Boston and is not just dead weight.

Everybody blocks shots? Grizz and Mitchell don’t…at all. Forbort is their top PK guy. When he was out last year their PK stats took a hit. Again - he has no value and a bad contract. Be happy to move him. It this team does not have anyone to fill that role. I’d still much rather see Lohrei or Zboril in the lineup at a third of the cost.

This dude always makes ACGMs for teams he's not a fan of and then gets mad at people for telling him the moves he made are not good.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 12:40 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Quoting: Bruins1054_gmb
This dude always makes ACGMs for teams he's not a fan of and then gets mad at people for telling him the moves he made are not good.

LMAOOOO am i not allowed to use 31/32 teams? I spend my time studying the entire NHL and I make moves on here I think could/will happen and what I would do.

I wouldve never done the EK65 move for the Penguins but they did. I wouldve never done a million of the deals that have happened but they did

This website is for fun and dialogue, either grow a pair and argue with me and tell me why I am wrong and you are right or leave. But saying BS like im not a boston fan so I cant do this helps nobody--

Where am I off? Boston is taking a gap year? Okay what happens if theyre in the playoff spot at the TDL. Are they gonna waste a year of that without going for it? I mean come on dude tell me where you disagree

I told your friend that I dont think Coyle is good and its worth dumping his deal if it gets Couture even tho both deals are bad. And a future first for a player with term is worth it.

Dumping a 25 year old goalie is worth it when you have the reigning Vezina champ and another young top 15 goalie who will likely be top 6-8 once Ullmark leaves. Its better imo to move the less versatile goalie than a pick which has universal value, while goalies only have value to certain teams. And Frederic is replaceable and someone needed to go so I picked him.

But again, i just do ACGMs for random teams.

Either argue and debate with me or block me, but saying stuff like that only fuels your own insecurities

EDIT:

LMAO you have Frederic equal to a 2nd and Swayman to a 1st and 3rd. And Forbot with positive value for Vaakanainen???

No wonder you disagree with this. I guess Frederic alone to you has more value than Couture right? Or is it Coyle? Or is Coyle worth SJSs 1st?

I may not be a Bruins fan, but at least I am no bias enough on my own team to have crazy values of my own players. I guess Palmieri is worth a 1st, Cizikas a 2nd and Varlamov a 1st! Goodbye dude either argue or block. Lets use this website for good!
Oct. 18, 2023 at 12:44 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks

Blocking shots has way less value to me than defensive impact does overall. grz was flat out better last season even strength. I dont have access to penalty kill stats.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 3:17 p.m.
Blocking shots has way less value to me than defensive impact does overall. grz was flat out better last season even strength. I dont have access to penalty kill stats.

Maybe you should actually watch their games, amazing what you’d learn. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Grizz stats and metrics say he’s above average, he isn’t. Says Coyle is below average, he isn’t. Says Forbort sucks, he does.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 3:31 p.m.
Edited Oct. 18, 2023 at 3:45 p.m.
LMAOOOO am i not allowed to use 31/32 teams? I spend my time studying the entire NHL and I make moves on here I think could/will happen and what I would do.

I wouldve never done the EK65 move for the Penguins but they did. I wouldve never done a million of the deals that have happened but they did

This website is for fun and dialogue, either grow a pair and argue with me and tell me why I am wrong and you are right or leave. But saying BS like im not a boston fan so I cant do this helps nobody--

Where am I off? Boston is taking a gap year? Okay what happens if theyre in the playoff spot at the TDL. Are they gonna waste a year of that without going for it? I mean come on dude tell me where you disagree

I told your friend that I dont think Coyle is good and its worth dumping his deal if it gets Couture even tho both deals are bad. And a future first for a player with term is worth it.

Dumping a 25 year old goalie is worth it when you have the reigning Vezina champ and another young top 15 goalie who will likely be top 6-8 once Ullmark leaves. Its better imo to move the less versatile goalie than a pick which has universal value, while goalies only have value to certain teams. And Frederic is replaceable and someone needed to go so I picked him.

But again, i just do ACGMs for random teams.

Either argue and debate with me or block me, but saying stuff like that only fuels your own insecurities

EDIT:

LMAO you have Frederic equal to a 2nd and Swayman to a 1st and 3rd. And Forbot with positive value for Vaakanainen???

No wonder you disagree with this. I guess Frederic alone to you has more value than Couture right? Or is it Coyle? Or is Coyle worth SJSs 1st?

I may not be a Bruins fan, but at least I am no bias enough on my own team to have crazy values of my own players. I guess Palmieri is worth a 1st, Cizikas a 2nd and Varlamov a 1st! Goodbye dude either argue or block. Lets use this website for good!

Those values are pretty much spot on.

The odds of drafting a player that is equal to or better than Frederic in the 2nd round is roughly 15%. It would take a 2nd+, but considering he is cheap and has term he has more value to them than what he would get in return.

Swayman is worth a 1st and 3rd, or close to it. Considering age, performance, and still under team control. You talk about Varly, he got a 1st as an RFA at age 23 with fewer games under his belt and having proven less.

Age and contract are a huge factor in trade value. A 24 year old and a 34 year old just are not the same.

Having had both Forbort and Urho i can assure i’d rather have Forbort, Urho sucks and soft as they come. BTW it was a Ducks fan that started the Forbort for Urho deal, and a bunch of fans from both teams would gladly do it. Ducks for the upgrade, B’s for the cap savings.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 3:43 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Edited Oct. 18, 2023 at 3:49 p.m.
Those values are pretty much spot on.

The odds of drafting a player that is equal to or better than Frederic in the 2nd round is roughly 15%. It would take a 2nd+, but considering he is cheap and has term he has more value to them than what he would get in return.

Swayman is worth a 1st and 3rd, or close to it. Considering age, performance, and still under team control. You talk about Varly, he got a 1st as an RFA at age 23 with fewer games under his belt and having proven less.

Age and contract are a huge factor in trade value. A 24 year old and a 34 year old just are not the same.

Having had both Forbort and Urho i can assure i’d rather have Forbort, Urho sucks an soft as they come. BTW it was a Ducks fan that started the Forbort for Urho deal, and a bunch of fans from both teams would gladly do it. Ducks for the upgrade, B’s for the cap savings.

Bro you really think that Frederic could get a 2nd?? Lmao thats enough for me dog
Maybe you should actually watch their games, amazing what you’d learn. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Grizz stats and metrics say he’s above average, he isn’t. Says Coyle is below average, he isn’t. Says Forbort sucks, he does.

Wait wait wait... you think Griz is below average??? LMFAO out of all of the players on that roster to hate on, you picked him???

Coyle is so easy to bully he is literally making 5+ and does NOTHING on the ice. HE IS SO MID i could name 90 centers id rather have than him. Im not even that high on Grz but hes at least a top 35 LD.

BTW i could name 200 forwards better than Frederic and ill gladly do so if you ask me to...

And the others guys i would too.

Swayman is good and if i were boston i wouldnt move him for less than a 1st but that Frederic evaluation is laughable. Id bet hed clear waivers before getting a 2nd in a trade

Its funny how much you criticize my AGM while youve never actually made one yourself
Oct. 18, 2023 at 4:01 p.m.
Edited Oct. 18, 2023 at 4:17 p.m.
Bro you really think that Frederic could get a 2nd?? Lmao thats enough for me dog

Wait wait wait... you think Griz is below average??? LMFAO out of all of the players on that roster to hate on, you picked him???

Coyle is so easy to bully he is literally making 5+ and does NOTHING on the ice. HE IS SO MID i could name 90 centers id rather have than him. Im not even that high on Grz but hes at least a top 35 LD.

BTW i could name 200 forwards better than Frederic and ill gladly do so if you ask me to...

And the others guys i would too.

Swayman is good and if i were boston i wouldnt move him for less than a 1st but that Frederic evaluation is laughable. Id bet hed clear waivers before getting a 2nd in a trade

Its funny how much you criticize my AGM while youve never actually made one yourself

Lol, you clearly know nothing about these players. 🤷🏻‍♂️. As i said, try watching them play, then get back to us. 😂😂😂😂😂

Grizz a top 35 d man? How many top 35 d men get healthy scratched in the playoffs? His metrics look great because of the team he’s on and paired with Mac. It hides his flaws. He’s a 4 on a bad team. 5 on a good one. B’s went out and got Lindholm and Orlov the last 2 years because of the gaping hole on the left side having to play a 3rd pair guy on first pair.

Frederic clear waivers? Bahahaha.

Coyle does nothing . 🙄

Jesus.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 6:56 p.m.
Most deals fail because of salary considerations. Coyle isn’t going to waive his NMC to play for the Sharks, so that point is moot. Hes overpaid, but he’s also at an age where you don’t assume a regression and like others have mentioned … hes probably over paid by about $6 to $8m the life of his contract.

Unfortunately for San Jose in this trade, Boston doesn’t have enough bad deals without NMC’s to aggregate where you can get rid of your bad deal and get something of value like you did with Karlsson. I believe that value you received was not for the bad contracts that you took.

Do you believe Couture is worth 4 years, $32 million between 34 and 38? I believe his valuation is similar to Backlund who just signed for 2 years,$9m. That’s contract has the potential to become one of the worst in the league on the backend. I love Couture and Marchand. I wouldn’t pay a premium for either if they were available on the open market.

To give you context, without retention, I’d value Derek Forbort’s contract more than I’d value Couture at his contract. Couture is the better player and it isn’t even close , but his contract might be the highest albatross potential of all players making over $8m over the next four years because of his age. Those last two years are frightening in his late 30s.i love Couture like I love Marchand. You don’t trade firsts for old players locked into a lot of money unless you are desperate

I believe Boston can get a younger, better player for $8m AAV in the summer or a star player for $10m AAV without taking the age risk.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 8:20 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Lol, you clearly know nothing about these players. 🤷🏻‍♂️. As i said, try watching them play, then get back to us. 😂😂😂😂😂

Grizz a top 35 d man? How many top 35 d men get healthy scratched in the playoffs? His metrics look great because of the team he’s on and paired with Mac. It hides his flaws. He’s a 4 on a bad team. 5 on a good one. B’s went out and got Lindholm and Orlov the last 2 years because of the gaping hole on the left side having to play a 3rd pair guy on first pair.

Frederic clear waivers? Bahahaha.

Coyle does nothing . 🙄

Jesus.

Coyle isnt a top 85 center... Sorry bro hes probably not even top 100.

Grz's anayltics (which get rid of linemates and isolate the players direct impact) are very good. Kent Johnston just got scratched on a crappy team so i guess that means he is a bust? Someone else notable just got benched for an entire period bu ti forget their name...

I really dont care anymore dude youre so bias its unbearable...

Goodnight
Oct. 18, 2023 at 8:27 p.m.
Coyle isnt a top 85 center... Sorry bro hes probably not even top 100.

Grz's anayltics (which get rid of linemates and isolate the players direct impact) are very good. Kent Johnston just got scratched on a crappy team so i guess that means he is a bust? Someone else notable just got benched for an entire period bu ti forget their name...

I really dont care anymore dude youre so bias its unbearable...

Goodnight

You’re clueless. Lol.
Oct. 18, 2023 at 8:32 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
You’re clueless. Lol.

you dont like the fact that Grz is actually good? Okay bro the fact that i have to tell you which players are good on ur team is so funny. Maybe if Grz had played yall wouldve done better than lose in the first round...
Oct. 18, 2023 at 8:58 p.m.
you dont like the fact that Grz is actually good? Okay bro the fact that i have to tell you which players are good on ur team is so funny. Maybe if Grz had played yall wouldve done better than lose in the first round...

Using that logic, if Couture and Hertl were better, you wouldn’t have finished with the third pick.
Oct. 19, 2023 at 10:50 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Quoting: Celtics21
Using that logic, if Couture and Hertl were better, you wouldn’t have finished with the third pick.

Im not a sjs fan lmao what
Oct. 19, 2023 at 11:34 a.m.
Oh. you’re an islander fan. Good luck next year with the cap. Do you try to give away Pageau this year so you don’t have to pay to get rid of him next?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll