PHI
    1. McDonough, Aidan
    2. 2024 1st round pick (VAN)
    3. 2026 2nd round pick (VAN)
    VAN
    1. 2024 3rd round pick (MIN)
    VAN
    1. Dubé, Dillon
    2. Tanev, Christopher ($2,000,000 retained)
    CGY
    1. Kudryavtsev, Kirill
    2. 2024 3rd round pick (VAN)
    3. 2024 3rd round pick (MIN)
    4. 2025 2nd round pick (VAN)
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$83,500,000$79,296,667$850,000$0$4,203,333
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $7,350,000$7,350,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $4,750,000$4,750,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $775,000$775,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $8,000,000$8,000,000
    C, LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $6,650,000$6,650,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $2,300,000$2,300,000
    LW, RW, C
    RFA - 1
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,950,000$4,950,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $1,900,000$1,900,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    RW, C, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,850,000$7,850,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $4,400,000$4,400,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $6,250,000$6,250,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 8
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    -$875,000-$875,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,800,000$1,800,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $775,000$775,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $825,000$825,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 1:49 p.m.
    Beau wouldn't even be a waiver claim for MTL, why do you have us sending you a pick?
    Fran615 and jpsnow13 liked this.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 1:50 p.m.
    Ktownchef
    We absolutely should not be trading our higher end draft picks. We need to keep stockpiling prospects especially when the return is Travis Sandheim and his crazy contract. Team plays well for 12 games and already fans are going crazy thinking we are a cup contender.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
    JT Miller for Hart
    Not a fan of trading for Sanheim when we already have Soucy and Cole.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 1:52 p.m.
    Absolutely would move Sanheim for that. Probably too rich for VAN however.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 2:06 p.m.
    Sell The Team Franky
    Quoting: Just_A_Guess
    Beau wouldn't even be a waiver claim for MTL, why do you have us sending you a pick?

MTL does dumb things like usual esp since he's got a French last name
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 2:07 p.m.
    Sell The Team Franky
    Quoting: phillyjabroni
    Absolutely would move Sanheim for that. Probably too rich for VAN however.

Really? I honestly thought it wouldn't be enough, what do you see his value being? I know he's had a fairly good start to the season.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
    Sell The Team Franky
    Quoting: AK50
    Not a fan of trading for Sanheim when we already have Soucy and Cole.

I can see why, how ever I think adding him would fix our a defensive issue going forward long term, Hughes hronek Sanhiem Willander is a pretty nice top 4 imho
    AK50 liked this.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 2:11 p.m.
    Sell The Team Franky
    Quoting: Ktownchef
    We absolutely should not be trading our higher end draft picks. We need to keep stockpiling prospects especially when the return is Travis Sandheim and his crazy contract. Team plays well for 12 games and already fans are going crazy thinking we are a cup contender.

I think it would be dumb not to capitalize on an extremely week division, things would have to go disasterice for us too miss the playoffs at this point. The team is finally playing to their true potential imho, if the pick is a lateish 1st 20s range I think it makes sense having Sanihem is not only a suiltion for this year but for years to come
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 2:14 p.m.
    Ktownchef
    Quoting: CanucksFansRtheSmartest
    I think it would be dumb not to capitalize on an extremely week division, things would have to go disasterice for us too miss the playoffs at this point. The team is finally playing to their true potential imho, if the pick is a lateish 1st 20s range I think it makes sense having Sanihem is not only a suiltion for this year but for years to come

I just don't think we are ready to go toe to toe with LA, Vegas or Colorado for an entire 7 game series. I also am not a fan of Sandheim whatsoever. Guy hasn't topped 30 points in 6 years and while points aren't everything when you're making over 6 mil you should be producing at a higher level imo. Not to mention that contract runs until he's 35. No thanks.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 2:34 p.m.
    Jesus Christ Is King

Not with VAN
    You guys gift Wrapped Toffoli for us and we got a 1st round pick, 4th round pick , 5th round pick , Heineman(B+ prosptect) and Pitlick for the Pitlick Hat Trick.
    You paid us a 3rd round pick and Pearson for Desmith and we'll get a good return from him too this TDL
    Who you gifting us next? Garland at 2m retained Salary ? lol
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 2:40 p.m.

Wow. Blatant discrimination.

You do wear your name well.

You're a very very very smart "man".
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 2:41 p.m.
    Sell The Team Franky
    Quoting: Ktownchef
    I just don't think we are ready to go toe to toe with LA, Vegas or Colorado for an entire 7 game series. I also am not a fan of Sandheim whatsoever. Guy hasn't topped 30 points in 6 years and while points aren't everything when you're making over 6 mil you should be producing at a higher level imo. Not to mention that contract runs until he's 35. No thanks.

I see us being better than L.A. with their goaltending being what it is, VGK is going probably going to be as strong going forward they've played alot of hockey recently, COL I think Demko can steal a series from. That's fair if you don't like the player however it's not necessarily a bad thing to give up a 1st for a top 4 d tho
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 2:42 p.m.
    Sell The Team Franky
    Quoting: Fran615
    Wow. Blatant discrimination.

You do wear your name well.

You're a very very very smart "man".

How is that discrimination? Habs have always typically targeted and overpaid for players with a French name.
    not sure you know what discrimination means friend.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 2:43 p.m.
    Sell The Team Franky
    Quoting: Billy316
    Not with VAN
    You guys gift Wrapped Toffoli for us and we got a 1st round pick, 4th round pick , 5th round pick , Heineman(B+ prosptect) and Pitlick for the Pitlick Hat Trick.
    You paid us a 3rd round pick and Pearson for Desmith and we'll get a good return from him too this TDL
    Who you gifting us next? Garland at 2m retained Salary ? lol

How'd gift wrap you toffolli? Just because we let him walk doesn't mean we gifted him to you. Pearson and a 3rd has been worth for Vancouver Desmith has been a great backup for us, exactly what we needed Pearson might get a mid return back. Scoring wingers aren't worth much right now
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
    Jesus Christ Is King
    How'd gift wrap you toffolli? Just because we let him walk doesn't mean we gifted him to you. Pearson and a 3rd has been worth for Vancouver Desmith has been a great backup for us, exactly what we needed Pearson might get a mid return back. Scoring wingers aren't worth much right now

You left such a bad taste in his mouth that he signed with MTL for less then you offered.
    Toffoli talked about this during the Covid year when Canada was a Division saying VAN offered him more but he said after watching Suzuki head to head vs Crosby with basically no support he said that was when he knew "i was born to be a Habs". Even now since moving he brings up how much he and Cat misses Montreal and its just a shame we werent anywhere near competing without Price and Weber so we ended up trading him for a huge return considering.

Far as what players are worth that always varies until the TDL then its top 20 in each position go , the rest might
    What we'll get is likely small unless we use his Chemistry with Monahan selling them as a Package like MTL did with Weise and Fleischman when they were producing above expected from 3rd line .
    For that bundle we got Danault and the Pick for Romanov in the 2nd round that we flipped to land CHI 3rd OA pick Kirby Dach.
    Ship them both to EDM for a 2nd round pick and Holloway , id call that a win
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 3:10 p.m.
    Misses Danault

This stereotype is old and frankly not remotely close to reality. Mind telling me the last time Montreal acquired or overpaid for someone because they're Quebecois?

Your user name is a very funny joke
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 3:14 p.m.
    PDG over PDO
    Quoting: Billy316
    You left such a bad taste in his mouth that he signed with MTL for less then you offered.
    Toffoli talked about this during the Covid year when Canada was a Division saying VAN offered him more but he said after watching Suzuki head to head vs Crosby with basically no support he said that was when he knew "i was born to be a Habs". Even now since moving he brings up how much he and Cat misses Montreal and its just a shame we werent anywhere near competing without Price and Weber so we ended up trading him for a huge return considering.

Far as what players are worth that always varies until the TDL then its top 20 in each position go , the rest might
    What we'll get is likely small unless we use his Chemistry with Monahan selling them as a Package like MTL did with Weise and Fleischman when they were producing above expected from 3rd line .
    For that bundle we got Danault and the Pick for Romanov in the 2nd round that we flipped to land CHI 3rd OA pick Kirby Dach.
    Ship them both to EDM for a 2nd round pick and Holloway , id call that a win

Vancouver didn't even offer him a contract lmfao. So your obviously lying. I mean hell he even said he thought he'd retire in Vancouver had he re-signed. EDM isn't paying Holloway and a 2nd for Monhan and Person lmfao unless your taking back Campbell
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 4:41 p.m.

How much you want to bet the Habs would claim him in a heartbeat? He was a Kent Hughes client before he become GM, he's francophone, he's not a bad player at all, Habs could use another vet winger, Habs have tons of cap space.......do I need to continue?

They have no incentive to pay for players right now while they are rebuilding but getting a guy like that for free? Yeah they'd do it. no questions asked. Pearson and Monahan are both gone and they'll need some bodies.
    Just_A_Guess liked this.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 4:53 p.m.

It would never get to, but Montreal 100% claim him because they're smart.

They claim retain 50% trade for a 3rd and thank the Canucks for the free assets. That being said I appreciate Montreal is not trading for him and certainly not at that price with no retention.
    Just_A_Guess liked this.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 5:24 p.m.
    Quoting: F50marco
    How much you want to bet the Habs would claim him in a heartbeat? He was a Kent Hughes client before he become GM, he's francophone, he's not a bad player at all, Habs could use another vet winger, Habs have tons of cap space.......do I need to continue?

They have no incentive to pay for players right now while they are rebuilding but getting a guy like that for free? Yeah they'd do it. no questions asked. Pearson and Monahan are both gone and they'll need some bodies.

Quoting: SGB88
    It would never get to, but Montreal 100% claim him because they're smart.

They claim retain 50% trade for a 3rd and thank the Canucks for the free assets. That being said I appreciate Montreal is not trading for him and certainly not at that price with no retention.

Alright, I exaggerated the waiver claim part but you've both essentially noted that there is no reason for MTL to pay for rental wingers. I should've been more clear and less satirical but this was my point. Whether he's worth it to the open market or not, MTL wouldn't be the team offering up a draft pick for him.
    SGB88 and F50marco liked this.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 5:32 p.m.
    Prime Primeau
    How is that discrimination? Habs have always typically targeted and overpaid for players with a French name.
    not sure you know what discrimination means friend.

The last time habs picked a French Canadian over another guy was Leblanc. There hasn’t been any trade like this since then (Drouin doesn’t count cuz it was a trade for his potential, like Dach).

Hell, they didn’t even want to pay for Dubois
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 5:45 p.m.
    Alright, I exaggerated the waiver claim part but you've both essentially noted that there is no reason for MTL to pay for rental wingers. I should've been more clear and less satirical but this was my point. Whether he's worth it to the open market or not, MTL wouldn't be the team offering up a draft pick for him.

All good, bud, but I think you got the response since it kind of implies he's bad or not value, which some people on here might genuinely believe.

I do think Montreal is in a rebuilding phase where they shouldn't be moving out assets for rental, but I wonder given how well Montreal is playing do they see playing completive games in March and maybe getting some first round experience for it's prospects as more valuable than draft a few spots higher?

If so could you see them taking a Beau for nothing if the Canucks just want 100% of the cap space? If they are losing by the Deadline they can easily retain 50% and flip for I'd guess a 3rd.

Also curious about what you think of a Beau Dvorak swap?
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 6:23 p.m.
    Really? I honestly thought it wouldn't be enough, what do you see his value being? I know he's had a fairly good start to the season.

I'm in the bearish camp for Sanheim, but over the summer I believe the rumored return was a 1st from STL + Krug and maybe some other minor details. I'd honestly just like to get out from his 8-year deal personally, but I'd imagine the front office in PHI wants him to stick around. He's fine but it's hard to get past some of the rough defensive breakdowns and soft play from him in prior years.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 6:24 p.m.
    Quoting: SGB88
    All good, bud, but I think you got the response since it kind of implies he's bad or not value, which some people on here might genuinely believe.

I do think Montreal is in a rebuilding phase where they shouldn't be moving out assets for rental, but I wonder given how well Montreal is playing do they see playing completive games in March and maybe getting some first round experience for it's prospects as more valuable than draft a few spots higher?

If so could you see them taking a Beau for nothing if the Canucks just want 100% of the cap space? If they are losing by the Deadline they can easily retain 50% and flip for I'd guess a 3rd.

Also curious about what you think of a Beau Dvorak swap?

I actually think, to the right team, Beau could bring a 2nd @ 50%. I wouldn't go 1 for 1 swap, would rather have the C option and we have lots of winger options already. That being said, I would entertain the though of a 3rd party... Dvo to VAN, MTL retains 50% on Beau, 3rd team (the right team) sends a 2nd to MTL. This way VAN gets another C, doesn't essentially have to pay him 6+ for this year with MTL retaining, MTL receives a pick for compensation purposes, 3rd team gets Beau @ 50%. Could be part of a larger deal, could be moot because the slot could be better used elsewhere potentially (Pearson, Monahan, Allen?). Idk if anyone will agree on the valuation, maybe I'm far off. Balance it out however though and I think something like that could work with the right interested parties.
    Nov. 9, 2023 at 6:36 p.m.
    I actually think, to the right team, Beau could bring a 2nd 50%. I wouldn't go 1 for 1 swap, would rather have the C option and we have lots of winger options already. That being said, I would entertain the though of a 3rd party... Dvo to VAN, MTL retains 50% on Beau, 3rd team (the right team) sends a 2nd to MTL. This way VAN gets another C, doesn't essentially have to pay him 6+ for this year with MTL retaining, MTL receives a pick for compensation purposes, 3rd team gets Beau 50%. Could be part of a larger deal, could be moot because the slot could be better used elsewhere potentially (Pearson, Monahan, Allen?). Idk if anyone will agree on the valuation, maybe I'm far off. Balance it out however though and I think something like that could work with the right interested parties.

Obviously you said you like Dvorak in the lineup, but that seems to imply you think Dvorak is worth quite a lot. The retention would be worth like a 3rd to a 4th. So a Dvorak trade straight up would look like Dvorak and 3rd or 4th for a 2nd?

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll