Forums/Armchair-GM

Flames Players That Are Actually FOR SALE

Created by: KingofRnR
Team: 2023-24 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 12, 2023
Published: Nov. 12, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Here’s the deal, if Zadorov will drop his Snake of an Agent = Dan Milstein 🐍 and Sign for 3-6 years @ $3.75-4.25 (higher than I personally want) than we’re good and can make up

Zadorov’s simply more valuable to me than a 1st and we have other guys coming up, to compete with Bean (or Kylington if he sticks around, but I think he’s finished in CGY), like Poirier & Solovyov who are both NHL Ready

Not only do I think we can Win with this Team, but we rid ourselves or the disgruntled cancer in the room, open up TOI for Zadorov and fill the Cupboards with Quality Picks & Five Decent Prospects, one having familiarity with Poirier & Kuznetsov and the other with Coronato already

Can’t edit and don’t want to re-do Trade due to order, but the 3rd could come off the Tanev deal OR could add one/something. since either Jarnkrok/Domi have the value of a 3rd themselves
Trades
CGY
  1. Bean, Jake
  2. Peeke, Andrew
  3. Sillinger, Cole
  4. 2024 1st round pick (CBJ)
Additional Details:
Example, could be CAR or another Team
CBJ
  1. Lindholm, Elias
Additional Details:
Value 1st + Top Prospect + Very Good Roster Player (or Two Okay Ones)
CGY
  1. Dumba, Matt
  2. Langlois, Jérémy [Reserve List]
  3. Söderström, Victor
  4. 2024 1st round pick (ARI)
  5. 2024 2nd round pick (WSH)
Additional Details:
Could be NYI Instead
ARI
  1. Hanifin, Noah
Additional Details:
Value: 1st + Former Top Prospect + 2nd + 2nd + Cap Dump
CGY
  1. Järnkrok, Calle
  2. Villeneuve, William
  3. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2025 3rd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
If not Jarnkrok than Domi maybe!? If Not TOR, then EDM or VAN
TOR
  1. Tanev, Christopher ($2,250,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Value 50% Retained: 1st + 3rd + Sweetener to Win The Tanev Sweepstakes + Cap Dump/Roster Player
CGY
  1. Duclair, Anthony
  2. Kähkönen, Kaapo
  3. Kunin, Luke
Additional Details:
Tell me Grier doesn’t do this
SJS
  1. Dubé, Dillon
  2. Sharangovich, Yegor
  3. Vladar, Daniel
Additional Details:
Honestly, I want anybody managed by Dan Milstein Gone, so that includes Sharangovich and Vladar
CGY
  1. Abruzzese, Nick
  2. Klingberg, John
  3. Samsonov, Ilya ($1,550,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Completely Unnecessary Trade and Assumes Klingberg Approves
TOR
  1. Markström, Jacob
  2. Nikolayev, Ilya
  3. Strömgren, William
Additional Details:
Completely Unnecessary Trade and Assumes Markstrom Apprivee
CGY
  1. Holloway, Dylan
  2. Pickard, Calvin
Additional Details:
Doesn’t need to happen, but if EDM wants Goalie Help
EDM
  1. Emilio Pettersen, Mathias
  2. Samsonov, Ilya ($1,000,000 retained)
Additional Details:
I’m fine to keep both Samsonov and Kahkonen and flip the better one at the TDL
CGY
  1. Teräväinen, Teuvo
Additional Details:
Not sure whether CAR is even interested or that we should be moving our Captain and Coleman & Mangiapane's Centre, but if he's still remotely disgruntled, especially with all of the above moves, then see ya, we're going younger
CAR
  1. Backlund, Mikael
Additional Details:
Value: 2nd Round Pick or Decent Player/RFA
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the ARI
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$83,500,000$82,648,332$0$1,727,500$851,668
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LW, C
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$813,333$813,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
G
RFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$3,900,000$3,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,333,333$2,333,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$863,333$863,333
LW
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$775,000$775,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 1
RD
UFA - 1
$817,778$817,778 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
RFA - 2
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$863,333$863,333 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:08 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Kinger25
Leafs accept both trades but would really like to keep jarnkrok if we could send you another 3rd which is jarnkroks value that would be much appreciated

Just like you don’t want to give up Prospects/Players and would prefer to Trade Picks/Unknowns, I’d like the opposite, besides how do you fit Tanev’s $2.25mil under the cap or am I not supposed to concern myself with that part, that’d be TOR’s problem and they’ll handle that themselves!?
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:12 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Leafsfan7788
Way too much for a pending UFA imo. I would think Tanev would fetch a 1st + B prospect

First I want to make sure you saw that the 3rd should be taken out since Jarnkrok isn’t a cap dump and is worth a 3rd himself. Next, how does TOR fit Tanev’s $2.25/mil in otherwise!? Need to move some Cap out anyways, so I picked Jarnkrok, but I’d take Domi too OR throw us a 3rd.

Sure, Tanevs’s worth a 1st + B Prospect, but retaining $2mil+ requires compensation as well
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:15 a.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
Ahh yes back to the old "extension in place" magic value booster

So in this scenario are you negotiating extensions with Hanafin and Lindholm yourself and then trading them after?

Or are you going to let your pending UFAs get a head start on negotiating with opposing teams for the offseason?

If Lindholm and Hanafin express interest in playing long term with Ari and CLB, two teams with no interest in competing this year, why would they trade assets for them
If Lindholm and hanafin do not express interest in playing long term with Ari/CLB, why would they trade assets for they

I agree that Eichel and Lindholm are not comparables at all despite the risk that was involved in acquiring Eichel, even if Lindholm was coming with an extension (would not assume that he was) he would still be more similar to Horvat, who didn't come with an extension but I'm certain that Lou knew approximately what it would take and that Horvat was interested. I would say though that Alex Tuch at the time of the Eichel trade was far more valuable than any of Bean, Peeke, Beauvillier, Dumba, or Smith. He was a 24-year-old winger signed at 4.75Mx6, still had the same characteristics that he has today that make him valuable today, and was 0.5ppg in the playoffs; his value has only gone up since last year. Tuch was an important part of the return vs what Bean, Peeke, Beauvillier, Dumba or Smith were/would be in those trades (players with some upside/pure cap dumps).

Hanifin could net something similar to Orlov as the top D rental, but he could also net something similar to Hampus Lindholm. The trade market is fluid, and the GMs' negotiation abilities, as well as other factors, are also going to contribute to the return on a potential deal.

I don't think that ARZ and CLB aren't looking to compete this year, ARZ had been trying to improve over the years which is why they wanted to reportedly sign Kadri, and being competitive has become more important with Keller wanting to be on a team that is competitive sooner rather than later. As for CBJ, they definitely want to be a playoff team, they vastly underperformed to their expectations last year. I'm sure after adding Gaudreau and Gudbranson they thought that they would improve rather than being a bottom 5 team. This off-season they replaced Gavrikov (who they sold) with Provorov and added Severson. Definitely not moves made by a GM looking to miss the playoffs, and I suspect that Jarmo Kekalainen will get fired if they don't make a push for the playoffs. He might not get the okay, to spend more assets like that though.

If CBJ was acquiring Lindholm, I think Sillinger + Peeke/Bean + a 1st (Value 1st + Top Prospect + a Roster Player) would be what's given up, Bean was on the block as well but I don't think that would mean they are going to just give him and Peeke as part of the package. Bean could essentially just be used as an own rental and return something small since he is an RFA.

As for Hanifin to ARZ, I don't think Dumba being included is a huge issue even if he has value except for the fact that there is no need for ARZ to remove Dumba as they can afford to take on Hanifin's cap hit without moving him. They might include a roster player but probably someone of less significance. Instead of the OP's suggested Value: 1st + Former Top Prospect + 2nd + 2nd + Cap Dump
maybe a 1st + former top prospect + a 2nd + 2nd or 3rd depending on if there's retention on Hanifin (not that it's needed).
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:22 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: MoxNix
1. This one is close. I'd prefer a single player who's better than Bean and Peeke but this might be the best offer we get.
2. I don't like Dumba but I could live with this if we don't get better offers.
3. This one is acceptable as is I don't care for Jarnkrok. He's not a bad player just not what we need but he can fill a roster spot for this year and maybe be flipped with retention at the deadline for a 3rd or something.
4. I'm not keen on this one. Value isn't bad but it's pretty much just sidegrades all around. I don't think Kunin is another Sam Bennett either so it doesn't move the needle for me at all.
5. I don't want Klingberg at all. He's terrible. But moving Markstrom makes it worth doing anyhow. This one would entirely depend on Brad still thinking Markstrom is an elite goalie, He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer and has a huge ego too so you never know what boneheaded move he'll pull next.
6. No problem with this but is Samsonov a goalie edmonton would want and are they ready to give up on Holloway yet?
7. I'd rather gets picks/prospects or even a decent young(er) bottom 6 / 3rd pairing player for Backlund than another pending UFA making pretty much the same money who's worth less than Backlund.

1. Considering CLB Fans say they don’t even want to give up assets for Lindholm given they’re in a rebuild, yeah that’s probably best we get. They don’t even want to give up Bean anymore
2. I’m still trying to compete and need a replacement for Tanev, so pending Dumba it is. If it doesn’t work no biggie
3. I think Jarnkrok produces given a Top-6 position, but if not, he’s a decent Bottom-6/4th Line Player. Cheaper and better than Kampf is
4. Get to rent Duclair before we buy him, we get out of Vladar’s Term and Dube’s expendable next season, so we bring in a Bigger, More Physical Right Shot C/RW. Could bounce back and be just as good or better than Pinto. He’s got the Speed & Skill and was a former 1st Rounder so should have more room to reach a higher ceiling
5. Yup, it’s all about getting out of Markstrom’s contract without retention or paying assets
6. Hope so. EDM’s desperate. Might have to take Broberg or a 1st back instead, but Holloway’s a good Calgary Born target
7. Only gonna get a 2nd for Backlund and I’m more like Lou Lamorillo and Kyle Dubas, I don’t value Picks as much. They’re unknowns. Teravainen is Good All Around and could get back to 0.80PPG+ Production and extend with us
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:26 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: mokumboi
You're expecting too much return on most of these, but also self-fleecing with TOR and SJ.

I’ve given what I feel are fair comparable to justify the ask and yea, we’re going to aim high and for the best return possible. We’re not in business to serve other teams here

Yes, but I also got rid of players managed by Dan Milstein and that we no longer need or want
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:27 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: stuuuuuuuuuuutzle
Lots of this is okay but if you legitimately value Zadorov more than a first...I don't know what to say. Why?

There’s nobody else in the league available like him

Like Diamonds & Gold, he’s rare & desirable and thus very valuable
MoxNix liked this.
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:28 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: KingofRnR
I’ve given what I feel are fair comparable to justify the ask and yea, we’re going to aim high and for the best return possible. We’re not in business to serve other teams here

Yes, but I also got rid of players managed by Dan Milstein and that we no longer need or want

Okay well, other than TOR and SJ, who you were very generous to, what you feel to be fair is asking a bit too much. Other teams are also not here to serve the Flames.
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:35 a.m.
TrevorA
Do you struggle with reading comprehension? let me spell it out for you.

Dumba is a solid RHD who still has value in this market (and is AZs 2RD). Not comparable to healthy scratch Smith.
Arizona not needing retention is irrelevant. All it means is arizona won't be paying for that retention and so their price will be less than a team that needs it would pay.
The Orlov price has the cost of retention baked in. So you not retaining in this case makes your return lighter in comparison to the orlov price.
Hathaway was included in that deal and had value. You are not including a Hathaway type asset in the deal so you do not get that value.
Because of the Bruins record at that time, there was no chance of the pick being any better than 28th. You are asking for a likely lottery pick from AZ.
You are asking for 2 prospects, who while not B level, still have value.

Overall you are vastly overestimating Hanafin's worth in comparison to the most accurate comparable

Who do you think you are to talk down to me lol!? You’re the one who can’t read and have difficulty formulating intelligent statements. You’re so stubborn and such a stick in the mud, that you’re completely closed minded and have reached the arrival syndrome, you know it all apparently

Continuing to remind you that Eichel was injured and his future was highly questionable at the time he was traded and that he isn’t any better and doesn’t produce any more than Lindholm, is just falling on deaf ears. 1.00PPG is great, but not elite. Elite is McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, MacKinnon. And Hanifin is only 26, but regardless I said it could be another Team and was just trying to show examples and fair comparables here

Continuing to talk with you is a complete waste of time and energy so bye. Please ignore me and/or refrain from commenting on anything I’m positing, I have a lot of quality conversations going here, and you’re never one of them
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:38 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Who do you think you are to talk down to me lol!? You’re the one who can’t read or formulate and intelligent statement and is so stubborn and stuck in the mud, that you’re completely closed minded and have reached the arrival syndrome

Continuing to remind you that Eichel was injured and his future was highly questionable at the time and that he doesn’t produce any more than Lindholm, is just falling on deaf ears. 1.00PPG is great, but that not elite. Elite is McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, MacKinnon. And Hanifin is only 26, but regardless I said it could be another Team and was just trying to show examples and comparables

Continuing to talk with you is a complete waste of time and energy so bye. Please ignore me and/or refrain from commenting on anything I’m positing, I have a lot of quality conversations going here, and you’re never one of them

Lindholm has a career high of 64 points and 22 goals without Gaudreau and Tkachuk. 24 goals and 72 points in his last 94 games isn't fetching a massive haul as a rental

Once again, you can talk about why eichel's value was lower all you want, but he will remain not a comparable to lindholm. The only thing they have in common is they both play C.

Hanafin remains a rental. I can't think of any recent times where UFAs were traded with extensions in place, can you?
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:43 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: mokumboi
Okay well, other than TOR and SJ, who you were very generous to, what you feel to be fair is asking a bit too much. Other teams are also not here to serve the Flames.

We’ll see. The amount of interest and competition for Zadorov & Tanev will push their values up to what many will consider an over pay, similar to Chiarot did

If you want to counter or provide an opinion as to what you believe would work, instead of just offering blanket statements, I’m open to reading what you have to say
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:47 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Edited Nov. 13, 2023 at 1:00 a.m.
Quoting: GMBL
I agree that Eichel and Lindholm are not comparables at all despite the risk that was involved in acquiring Eichel, even if Lindholm was coming with an extension (would not assume that he was) he would still be more similar to Horvat, who didn't come with an extension but I'm certain that Lou knew approximately what it would take and that Horvat was interested. I would say though that Alex Tuch at the time of the Eichel trade was far more valuable than any of Bean, Peeke, Beauvillier, Dumba, or Smith. He was a 24-year-old winger signed at 4.75Mx6, still had the same characteristics that he has today that make him valuable today, and was 0.5ppg in the playoffs; his value has only gone up since last year. Tuch was an important part of the return vs what Bean, Peeke, Beauvillier, Dumba or Smith were/would be in those trades (players with some upside/pure cap dumps).

Hanifin could net something similar to Orlov as the top D rental, but he could also net something similar to Hampus Lindholm. The trade market is fluid, and the GMs' negotiation abilities, as well as other factors, are also going to contribute to the return on a potential deal.

I don't think that ARZ and CLB aren't looking to compete this year, ARZ had been trying to improve over the years which is why they wanted to reportedly sign Kadri, and being competitive has become more important with Keller wanting to be on a team that is competitive sooner rather than later. As for CBJ, they definitely want to be a playoff team, they vastly underperformed to their expectations last year. I'm sure after adding Gaudreau and Gudbranson they thought that they would improve rather than being a bottom 5 team. This off-season they replaced Gavrikov (who they sold) with Provorov and added Severson. Definitely not moves made by a GM looking to miss the playoffs, and I suspect that Jarmo Kekalainen will get fired if they don't make a push for the playoffs. He might not get the okay, to spend more assets like that though.

If CBJ was acquiring Lindholm, I think Sillinger + Peeke/Bean + a 1st (Value 1st + Top Prospect + a Roster Player) would be what's given up, Bean was on the block as well but I don't think that would mean they are going to just give him and Peeke as part of the package. Bean could essentially just be used as an own rental and return something small since he is an RFA.

As for Hanifin to ARZ, I don't think Dumba being included is a huge issue even if he has value except for the fact that there is no need for ARZ to remove Dumba as they can afford to take on Hanifin's cap hit without moving him. They might include a roster player but probably someone of less significance. Instead of the OP's suggested Value: 1st + Former Top Prospect + 2nd + 2nd + Cap Dump
maybe a 1st + former top prospect + a 2nd + 2nd or 3rd depending on if there's retention on Hanifin (not that it's needed).

I don't think Hanafin is nearly as good as lindholm tbh. But again based on AZ's 1st location as a comparable, even with something halfway between the lindholm and orlov price (closer to lindholm), that's still probably only the AZ 1st at best, nothing else.

CBJ imo isn't gonna give up what's likely a top 10 pick

NJD, Carolina, NYR, Tor, Tampa, Florida (6 division winners imo)
Even with lindholm, are they better than 5 of Pitt, Buffalo, Ottawa, NYI, Boston, Detroit? I don't think so.

Is AZ even with hanafin beating out
Edmonton Vancouver, LAK, Vegas, Seattle Anaheim, Dallas, Avs, Minnesota, WInnipeg (this conference seems way more wide open tbh). Maybe. But probably not

And even the horvat price might be optimistic, as lindholm isn't having anything close to the year horvat was. He's been pretty underwhelming this year and last
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:48 a.m.
TrevorA
Lindholm has a career high of 64 points and 22 goals without Gaudreau and Tkachuk. 24 goals and 72 points in his last 94 games isn't fetching a massive haul as a rental

Once again, you can talk about why eichel's value was lower all you want, but he will remain not a comparable to lindholm. The only thing they have in common is they both play C.

Hanafin remains a rental. I can't think of any recent times where UFAs were traded with extensions in place, can you?

Wind Noises 💨
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:49 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Who do you think you are to talk down to me lol!? You’re the one who can’t read and have difficulty formulating intelligent statements. You’re so stubborn and such a stick in the mud, that you’re completely closed minded and have reached the arrival syndrome, you know it all apparently

Continuing to remind you that Eichel was injured and his future was highly questionable at the time he was traded and that he isn’t any better and doesn’t produce any more than Lindholm, is just falling on deaf ears. 1.00PPG is great, but not elite. Elite is McDavid, Draisaitl, Matthews, MacKinnon. And Hanifin is only 26, but regardless I said it could be another Team and was just trying to show examples and fair comparables here

The team trading for Eichel was taking on the risk of eichel not returning to his previous level of play, with the upside of more than half a decade of a quality 1C in his prime being quite likely.
The team trading for Lindholm is trading for a 2C for 1 season, and very few contenders have the cap/interest in paying lindholm UFA prices afterwords
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:50 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Wind Noises 💨

You still remain unable to provide any evidence of "extension in place" UFAs.

Or contenders that want lindholm long term at 8.5 mill? or any aspect that makes him comparable to eichel
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:50 a.m.
TrevorA
The team trading for Eichel was taking on the risk of eichel not returning to his previous level of play, with the upside of more than half a decade of a quality 1C in his prime being quite likely.
The team trading for Lindholm is trading for a 2C for 1 season, and very few contenders have the cap/interest in paying lindholm UFA prices afterwords

Crickets 🦗
Nov. 13, 2023 at 12:53 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Crickets 🦗

Can't wait for neither of Hanafin or Lindholm to fetch a lottery 1st++++
Nov. 13, 2023 at 1:18 a.m.
TrevorA
You still remain unable to provide any evidence of "extension in place" UFAs.

Or contenders that want lindholm long term at 8.5 mill? or any aspect that makes him comparable to eichel

Matthew Tkachuk, Pierre Luc-Dubois, Damon Severson are the 3 most recent off the top of my head

Why Lindholm wouldn’t want to get back what he had going with Johnny Gaudreau and be apart of CLB’s rise to the Top or why Hanifin wouldn’t want to live in Sunny Arizona and enjoy their ride to the Top, I don’t know.

Hanifin could go to NYI, VEG, FLA, PIT with a long-term contract in place for sure and yes, the Flames are entertaining giving him an extension solely to make Trading his easier and to give his next team certainty:

Flames Looking to Extend Hanifin to Improve Return on Trade

Hanifin Linked to Coyotes

Lindholm Linked to Blue Jackets

There, now move along you angry disgruntled little man
Nov. 13, 2023 at 1:39 a.m.
Edited Nov. 13, 2023 at 1:50 a.m.
I don't think Hanafin is nearly as good as lindholm tbh. But again based on AZ's 1st location as a comparable, even with something halfway between the lindholm and orlov price (closer to lindholm), that's still probably only the AZ 1st at best, nothing else.

CBJ imo isn't gonna give up what's likely a top 10 pick

NJD, Carolina, NYR, Tor, Tampa, Florida (6 division winners imo)
Even with lindholm, are they better than 5 of Pitt, Buffalo, Ottawa, NYI, Boston, Detroit? I don't think so.

Is AZ even with hanafin beating out
Edmonton Vancouver, LAK, Vegas, Seattle Anaheim, Dallas, Avs, Minnesota, WInnipeg (this conference seems way more wide open tbh). Maybe. But probably not

And even the horvat price might be optimistic, as lindholm isn't having anything close to the year horvat was. He's been pretty underwhelming this year and last

I think it's safe to assume that picks are top-10 protected even if the person doesn't state it. I don't think CBJ will be in on Lindholm if it costs much more than a 1st+ extra defender that they have. It seems that they are content with doing anything, including trying Laine at C (thin that's over), to no have a need to make a splash on a C which makes sense considering they have Fantilli and Sillinger (and Johnson still has an outside shot) who can possibly be their 1 and 2C of the future. For now Jenner and Fantilli are holding the 1 and 2C spot, and I don't think they hate it. Whether or not CBJ are better than those teams or not doesn't really matter, teams make moves based on how they view themselves and their expectations, the expectations are definitely to make the playoffs. Again, JK is probably in the hot-seat but that doesn't mean he will be willing to do anything to add Lindholm especially considering he's looking for 9M, which probably means it takes 8.5-8.75M to sign him. They have a ton of money committed to players in their prime and a bunch of young guys on ELCs that need contracts soon. Their largest area of concern is probably goaltending as they haven't had any improvement there even after bolstering the defense.

I don't think the Horvat price is optimistic, Horvat has been a 2C for so long, and even if you consider Lindholm as a 2C as you do, he should be considered a high-end 2C (or low-end 1C) based on his ability to take on first-line responsibilities. There are also teams that do need him, but

Hanifin is 26, so Arizona adding Hanifin would only happen if he's looking to re-sign there. It will be a move that puts them a step forward, they have a good chance of making the playoffs with the 3rd spot in the central being in sight and them only competing with 3 teams for two wild card spots. Half the Pacific (SEA, CGY, EDM, and SJ) are below .500 as of now. If that continues to be the case, come TDL then for sure they should look to improve, and if Hanifin helps with that then why not? As long as they aren't giving up more for him than they got out of Chychrun (1st (top 5 protected)+ 2nd + 2nd). I think for Armstrong to make that move, it will have to come cheapish like Hanifin for a 1st+2nd considering that ARZ's 1st could still end up being something like the 12 OV as OTT's was.
Nov. 13, 2023 at 1:40 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Edited Nov. 13, 2023 at 1:56 a.m.
Matthew Tkachuk, Pierre Luc-Dubois, Damon Severson are the 3 most recent off the top of my head

Why Lindholm wouldn’t want to get back what he had going with Johnny Gaudreau and be apart of CLB’s rise to the Top or why Hanifin wouldn’t want to live in Sunny Arizona and enjoy their ride to the Top, I don’t know.

Hanifin could go to NYI, VEG, FLA, PIT with a long-term contract in place for sure and yes, the Flames are entertaining giving him an extension solely to make Trading his easier and to give his next team certainty:

Flames Looking to Extend Hanifin to Improve Return on Trade

Hanifin Linked to Coyotes

Lindholm Linked to Blue Jackets

There, now move along you angry disgruntled little man

Tkachuk RFA. PLD RFA. Severson recieved a 3rd round pick for the 8th year because only NJD was able to offer it so in order for CBJ to add the 8th year that severson wanted, NJD had to sign him to the contract and then trade him. However with any deadline deal for Lindholm/hanifin, the acquiring team would be able to sign him to their own 8 year deal if they wanted, no calgary extension needed. If you want to trade Lindholm/hanifin rights for a 3rd in the off-season tho, go ahead

The flames may want to extend hanafin, but who says that’s mutual. Why would hanafin want to help the flames vs choose his own destination?

“Another team I wonder about is arizona” that is nothing more than speculation.

Another speculation tweet from a beat writer.

Anything real? The most real interest you showed there was a call from the Sharks lmao
Nov. 13, 2023 at 1:45 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
I think it's safe to assume that picks are top-10 protected even if the person doesn't state it. I don't think CBJ will be in on Lindholm if it costs much more than a 1st+ extra defender that they have. It seems that they are content with doing anything, including trying Laine at C (thin that's over), to no have a need to make a splash on a C which makes sense considering they have Fantilli and Sillinger (and Johnson still has an outside shot) who can possibly be their 1 and 2C of the future. For now Jenner and Fantilli are holding the 1 and 2C spot, and I don't think they hate it. Whether or not CBJ are better than those teams or not doesn't really matter, teams make moves based on how they view themselves and their expectations, the expectations are definitely to make the playoffs. Again, JK is probably in the hot-seat but that doesn't mean he will be willing to do anything to add Lindholm especially considering he's looking for 9M, which probably means it takes 8.5-8.75M to sign him. They have a ton of money committed to players in their prime and a bunch of young guys on ELCs that need contracts soon. Their largest area of concern is probably goaltending as they haven't had any improvement there even after bolstering the defense.

I don't think the Horvat price is optimistic, Horvat has been a 2C for so long, and even if you consider Lindholm as a 2C as you do, he should be considered a high-end 2C (or low-end 1C) based on his ability to take on first-line responsibilities. There are also teams that do need him, but

Hanifin is 26, so Arizona adding Hanifin would only happen if he's looking to re-sign there. It will be a move that puts them a step forward, they have a good chance of making the playoffs with the 3rd spot in the central being in sight and them only competing with 3 teams for two wild card spots. Half the Pacific (SEA, CGY, EDM, and SJ) are below .500 as of now. If that continues to be the case, come TDL then for sure they should look to improve, and if Hanifin helps with that then why not? As long as they aren't giving up more for him than they got out of Chychrun (1st (top 5 protected)+ 2nd + 2nd). I think for Armstrong to make that move, it will have to come cheapish like Hanifin for a 1st+2nd considering that ARZ's 1st could still end up being something like the 12 OV as OTT's was.

There’s no way they give up the Chychrun price for a rental. That would be really bad business. They are similar/equal players, and Chych had 3 years compared to 1 of Hanafin.

I think you’d be looking at that 1st +C prospect from Arizona tops. Me personally as AZ would be hard pressed to give up that first for Hanafin 1 for 1. The LHD market just doesn’t exist like that as shown by Orlov, Lindholm, Chychrun deals.

Late 1st+prospect is what I see happening
Nov. 13, 2023 at 1:48 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
There’s no way they give up the Chychrun price for a rental. That would be really bad business. They are similar/equal players, and Chych had 3 years compared to 1 of Hanafin.

I think you’d be looking at that 1st +C prospect from Arizona tops. Me personally as AZ would be hard pressed to give up that first for Hanafin 1 for 1. The LHD market just doesn’t exist like that as shown by Orlov, Lindholm, Chychrun deals.

Horvat had back to back 30 goal seasons (and he was PPG+ and near the top of the league in goals when traded). That’s a couple of better seasons than lindholms 24g 72p in his last 84 games. 62 goals 106 points in the 119 games before being traded for Lindholm. And I don’t see many contenders with a need for Lindholm besides maybe Boston if they want to go in
Nov. 13, 2023 at 1:57 a.m.
TrevorA

Who am in to tell you what to do with your time, but I think it’s lost and wasted on this guy

You can put a ton of thought and effort in to your posts and replies and to me, this guy clearly doesn’t care or read what you have to say, he’s just waiting to repeat his same talking points and puke out his stubborn closed minded opinions.

You do what you want, but as a friend, I think you can find and would be better served talking to ppl who actually respect and value what you have to say. All the Best!
GMBL liked this.
Nov. 13, 2023 at 2:00 a.m.

ARZ is definitely going to compare what they got for Chychrun to what they would give up for Hanifin, although keep in mind they got for Chychrun less than what they thought he was worth. I think the demand for Hanifin will result in a higher return than Orlov, even if only slightly, but less than H Lindholm who essentially returned what the OP was suggesting. Of course, this is assuming that Hanifin gets traded to a team that gets permission to speak to him about an extension at the very least which is something that CGY may not grant. I do think they just re-sign him (which he was open to doing last- although that could change again) if they only get a late 1st + C prospect. A 1st from a team like ARZ that could end up being 11-15 if they miss might be more appealing but who knows if that would be enough.

The OP's Hanifin and Lindholm mock trades are definitely very optimistic, but I wouldn't say they are out of the realm of possibility in terms of a return generally speaking. I would definitely expect less, and they are more than likely to return less as well especially if they are going to the two teams suggested. You might be right about what happens with Hanifin but in the end, it's definitely possible that he could fetch more.
Nov. 13, 2023 at 2:05 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
ARZ is definitely going to compare what they got for Chychrun to what they would give up for Hanifin, although keep in mind they got for Chychrun less than what they thought he was worth. I think the demand for Hanifin will result in a higher return than Orlov, even if only slightly, but less than H Lindholm who essentially returned what the OP was suggesting. Of course, this is assuming that Hanifin gets traded to a team that gets permission to speak to him about an extension at the very least which is something that CGY may not grant. I do think they just re-sign him (which he was open to doing last- although that could change again) if they only get a late 1st + C prospect. A 1st from a team like ARZ that could end up being 11-15 if they miss might be more appealing but who knows if that would be enough.

The OP's Hanifin and Lindholm mock trades are definitely very optimistic, but I wouldn't say they are out of the realm of possibility in terms of a return generally speaking. I would definitely expect less, and they are more than likely to return less as well especially if they are going to the two teams suggested. You might be right about what happens with Hanifin but in the end, it's definitely possible that he could fetch more.

I don’t see the demand for Hanafin as being that high. Who do you see involved and interested in an offensive focused LHD rental at a price much more than a 1st+depth prospect?

NJD in, maybe AZ but they’ll stop a tier below the Chych price, maybe van but that’s in the division. Dallas maybe?
Nov. 13, 2023 at 2:22 a.m.

Who am in to tell you what to do with your time, but I think it’s lost and wasted on this guy

You can put a ton of thought and effort in to your posts and replies and to me, this guy clearly doesn’t care or read what you have to say, he’s just waiting to repeat his same talking points and puke out his stubborn closed minded opinions.

You do what you want, but as a friend, I think you can find and would be better served talking to ppl who actually respect and value what you have to say. All the Best!

I've definitely wasted a lot of time on here in general and on guys who are stubborn, but I can't help it once I start.

I think dgibb10 has some fair criticisms but a lot of times CapFriendly users are too rigid in their thinking and don't consider the different possibilities especially when it seems that the OP didn't put thought in their post. It's obvious that you put a lot of thought into this, but considering how frequent it is for people to use the sign & trade to net ridiculous returns or overvalue their players (your injured Eichel and Lindholm comparison probably didn't help), it's very easy for someone to think that you are doing that. Always good to take a step back though and listen to what the other person is saying, really helps to read. Definitely difficult to have a good conversation when the other post isn't being read.

I will say this though, I think you are right that Lindholm is better than Horvat, but you do need to consider that Horvat got a return and contract that matched his hot performance with the Canucks last season, So, that's probably more than fair for Lindholm.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll