Forums/Armchair-GM

NYI Trades

Created by: Jetman
Team: 2023-24 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 20, 2023
Published: Nov. 20, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Trade for a top 6 if we need one by the TDL(based on injuries)
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$80,932,858$0$850,000$2,567,142
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 3
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,437,500$3,437,500
RW, C
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the New York Islanders
$6,150,000$6,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
RFA - 2
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 20, 2023 at 12:17 p.m.
Jetsfan
Do we add? is this fair?

I wouldnt mind adding but trying to get somewhere thats fair on both side on this site is difficult
Nov. 20, 2023 at 12:58 p.m.
Quoting: Jetman
Do we add? is this fair?

I wouldnt mind adding but trying to get somewhere thats fair on both side on this site is difficult

Nelson has a 16 team no trade list may have to be a separate trade altogether to get a middle six forward to replace ehlers in this scenario
Nov. 20, 2023 at 12:58 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Do we add? is this fair?

I would assume if the Islanders were to trade these two they'd be looking to get younger so don't see them having a ton of interest in Ehlers though who knows with Lou.. lol.. 😆

Maybe they'd prefer Vilardi as he's a bit younger and still has RFA control, either way I don't think this is enough for both Pulock and Nelson, realistically I doubt either would waive even if they're locals so to speak.
Nov. 20, 2023 at 1:02 p.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Do we add? is this fair?

I like Ehlers a lot and this is a unique deal. I think its easier to split of Pulock and Nelson to find their values.

Pulock gonna get a 1st + Lucius imo, then Schmidt for cap. Then I think a smaller add too.

Brock is worth less than Ehlers but I think its somewhat close. So a deal like

Pulock, Nelson, 3rd for Ehlers, 1st, Lucius, Schmidt seems more fair.

All of this would also require waiving NTCs tho
Jetman liked this.
Nov. 20, 2023 at 1:57 p.m.
Pitter Patter
Quoting: Howie
Nelson has a 16 team no trade list may have to be a separate trade altogether to get a middle six forward to replace ehlers in this scenario

Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I would assume if the Islanders were to trade these two they'd be looking to get younger so don't see them having a ton of interest in Ehlers though who knows with Lou.. lol.. 😆

Maybe they'd prefer Vilardi as he's a bit younger and still has RFA control, either way I don't think this is enough for both Pulock and Nelson, realistically I doubt either would waive even if they're locals so to speak.

Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
I like Ehlers a lot and this is a unique deal. I think its easier to split of Pulock and Nelson to find their values.

Pulock gonna get a 1st + Lucius imo, then Schmidt for cap. Then I think a smaller add too.

Brock is worth less than Ehlers but I think its somewhat close. So a deal like

Pulock, Nelson, 3rd for Ehlers, 1st, Lucius, Schmidt seems more fair.

All of this would also require waiving NTCs tho

I'm not sure Nelson would be my choice. I'd rather have the cap space for next season to resign some of the pending FA's - Perfetti, Nino, Demelo, Gus...
Would likely leverage a B+ younger prospect (Chibrikov, Zhilkin, Chisolm) and an early - mid (2-4) round pick for a 1 year rental UFA such as Monahan, Duclair... Eberle even.

We should really stop the 'he wont waive' comments. I think they are discussion prohibitive and lazy.
Ducky10 and Icelander24 liked this.
Nov. 20, 2023 at 2:00 p.m.
Jetsfan
Quoting: Jonesy204
I'm not sure Nelson would be my choice. I'd rather have the cap space for next season to resign some of the pending FA's - Perfetti, Nino, Demelo, Gus...
Would likely leverage a B+ younger prospect (Chibrikov, Zhilkin, Chisolm) and an early - mid (2-4) round pick for a 1 year rental UFA such as Monahan, Duclair... Eberle even.

We should really stop the 'he wont waive' comments. I think they are discussion prohibitive and lazy.

We still need a 2C for next year so we either pay Nelson 6m or someone else even more...or not have a 2C...
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Nov. 20, 2023 at 2:08 p.m.
Pitter Patter
We still need a 2C for next year so we either pay Nelson 6m or someone else even more...or not have a 2C...

I see it a bit different i guess. A one year older Perfetti would likely be my choice. Or even, Namestnikov, Vilardi, Lambert, McGroarty, Lucius... The fans want a path for the youngsters and the Lowry line as constructed is better than most 2nd lines in the league so we are really talking about a 3C.

Edit: And I think Nelson is predominately a left winger!
Ducky10 liked this.
Nov. 20, 2023 at 2:10 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

Idk, they need to do something to actually go for it with the Hellebuyck and Scheifele extensions, neither are likely to age well and I just don't see a team with DeMelo on their top pair going very deep in the playoffs.

I mean they may be discussion prohibitive in your opinion but the vast majority of people here would rather discuss realistic trades and the reality is guys with trade protection probably have Winnipeg on their lists, are two guys who have been in NY their entire careers going to waive for Winnipeg when they have years left on their contracts? I highly doubt it.

Also I've heard Pulock interviewed multiple times, he doesn't sound like a guy who has much interest in going anywhere.
Nov. 20, 2023 at 2:30 p.m.
Pitter Patter
Idk, they need to do something to actually go for it with the Hellebuyck and Scheifele extensions, neither are likely to age well and I just don't see a team with DeMelo on their top pair going very deep in the playoffs.

I mean they may be discussion prohibitive in your opinion but the vast majority of people here would rather discuss realistic trades and the reality is guys with trade protection probably have Winnipeg on their lists, are two guys who have been in NY their entire careers going to waive for Winnipeg when they have years left on their contracts? I highly doubt it.

Also I've heard Pulock interviewed multiple times, he doesn't sound like a guy who has much interest in going anywhere.

Trade clauses are definitely a factor and should not be ignored altogether but these sweeping assumptions of what a player would or wouldn't do is speculative at best. Yes, often the odds are a large number of players are not waiving for Winnipeg but... I believe i am one of those (whether you agree or not) that enjoys trying to find intriguing and fair value deals that both teams would actually consider. These are the conversations I come here for.

What else is Pulock going to say? He's signed for 7 more years there and by all accounts is a team first guy! It's starting to look like a dumpster fire tho!

Cost of living, quality of life, politics and yes, close to mom and dad and childhood friends are just a few reasons he might consider it. It is imo extremely plausible.
Ducky10 liked this.
Nov. 20, 2023 at 7:49 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Trade clauses are definitely a factor and should not be ignored altogether but these sweeping assumptions of what a player would or wouldn't do is speculative at best. Yes, often the odds are a large number of players are not waiving for Winnipeg but... I believe i am one of those (whether you agree or not) that enjoys trying to find intriguing and fair value deals that both teams would actually consider. These are the conversations I come here for.

What else is Pulock going to say? He's signed for 7 more years there and by all accounts is a team first guy! It's starting to look like a dumpster fire tho!

Cost of living, quality of life, politics and yes, close to mom and dad and childhood friends are just a few reasons he might consider it. It is imo extremely plausible.

Well this whole site is speculative sooo... 🤷‍♂️

I like that too, when it comes to the Jets I'm just more interested in discussing deals for RFA'S or guys who don't have trade protection so I don't have to hear about guys not waiving.. lol

Like what would it take to pry Andersson out of Calgary?

Top pair RHD, signed to an affordable deal for two more seasons after this one, doesn't have trade protection, he checks all the boxes for a trade to the Jets.

Sure its possible but like you said, Pulock just signed a 7 year deal, seems pretty unlikely he'd be waiving his trade protection in his first(or is it 2nd?) year of that deal, maybe by the 3rd or 4th year if the Islanders are terrible he'd be looking to move on.
Nov. 21, 2023 at 10:44 a.m.
Pitter Patter
Well this whole site is speculative sooo... 🤷‍♂️

I like that too, when it comes to the Jets I'm just more interested in discussing deals for RFA'S or guys who don't have trade protection so I don't have to hear about guys not waiving.. lol

Like what would it take to pry Andersson out of Calgary?

Top pair RHD, signed to an affordable deal for two more seasons after this one, doesn't have trade protection, he checks all the boxes for a trade to the Jets.

Sure its possible but like you said, Pulock just signed a 7 year deal, seems pretty unlikely he'd be waiving his trade protection in his first(or is it 2nd?) year of that deal, maybe by the 3rd or 4th year if the Islanders are terrible he'd be looking to move on.

Absolutely agree with all of that. All in on Andersson. Jets need a legit, heavy top pairing Right shot dman to play with Morrisey imo. There was an islanders post that suggested Pulock to Winnipeg if they tear it Jetman followed up from another post by Ducky10.
MisstheWhalers liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll