Forums/Armchair-GM

In a Perfect World

Created by: KingofRnR
Team: 2023-24 Calgary Flames
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 26, 2023
Published: Nov. 27, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Dube being Younger, an RFA and Producing Better is worth more than Duclair who I hope helps Huberdeau and extends on a reasonable contract

NYI need an Offensive Star LD, so give up on struggling Romanov & Wahlstrom who could use a change of Scenery

Flames would need a 2LD, so bring in Bean to compete with Poirier (or Kylington if he ever returns). Zadorov is re-united with Gudbranson and is a better 3LD Option than Bean anyways. CLB rid themselves of Peeke’s contract, while CGY moves Vladar to open up space for Wolf. They also get a decent sized, physical 2/3 RD in the process at an okay Cap Hit

Moving Tanev to a contender, but bringing back a replacement and Top Prospect. Giving up Ruzicka to do so, but Dellandrea is better suited for Bottom-6 Duties and is more physical, which I like, anyways

Greer Trade is optional. We can extend him, but now we have Pospisil, so moving him for a couple familiar RFA’s to try them out instead and make room for Pelletier or Coronato when they return
Trades
CGY
  1. Duclair, Anthony
  2. Landén, Axel [Reserve List]
  3. Wiesblatt, Ozzy
Additional Details:
I imagine Wiesblatt’s value has dropped significantly
NYI
  1. Hanifin, Noah ($2,475,000 retained)
  2. Rönni, Topi [Reserve List]
Additional Details:
Hanifin’s Agent Pre-Negotiates an Extension to be signed upon arrival
CGY
  1. Bean, Jake
  2. Del Bel Belluz, Luca
  3. Martin, Spencer
  4. Peeke, Andrew
Additional Details:
Bean/2nd + Del Bel Belluz/2nd FOR Zadorov + Boltman
Peeke + Martin FOR Vladar + Rights to Chechelev
CBJ
  1. Boltmann, Jake [Reserve List]
  2. Chechelev, Daniil [Reserve List]
  3. Vladar, Daniel
  4. Zadorov, Nikita
Additional Details:
Zadorov Signs Pre-Negotiated Extension Upon Arrival
DAL
  1. Ruzicka, Adam
  2. Tanev, Christopher ($2,250,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Perhaps Tanev is willing to Sign & Extension and if not, DAL still has Ruzicka
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CGY
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$81,684,124$0$227,500$1,815,876
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,800,000$5,800,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$775,000$775,000
RW
RFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$900,000$900,000
RW
RFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$874,125$874,125
RW
RFA - 1
$825,000$825,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 8
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,333,333$2,333,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$813,333$813,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
G
RFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD
RFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
G
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
C
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$775,000$775,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$894,167$894,167 ($0$0$0$0)
C
RFA - 2
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$835,833$835,833 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
RFA - 2
$859,167$859,167 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
RW
RFA - 2
$891,667$891,667 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$817,778$817,778 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:25 a.m.
Amirov Forever
FR9FNlXXEAEQucR.png?ex=65769d3b&is=6564283b&hm=f5abf37e92a09e80d2b4f3edae3bc612853d89d0eeaa1448f4070214edd876b5&=&format=webp&width=663&height=593

This about sums it up
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:27 a.m.
Two prospects for a 4th line plug? lol no thanks
SomeonesOffended liked this.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:28 a.m.
Lol, maybe in a video game 😂😂😂
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:32 a.m.
TrevorA
Edited Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:49 a.m.
Quoting: AntiAnalytics
Lol, maybe in a video game 😂😂😂

Quit being a goof. Which part don’t you like & explain why
Texas416_er and CaseyFlyman liked this.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:34 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: KingExLeafs

Greer is an actual NHL Player playing above expectation for a “4th Line Plug” and is a Guy TOR needs more than Two C-Prospect AHL’ers unlikely to even make it to the the NHL through TOR
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:48 a.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
Greer is an actual NHL Player playing above expectation for a “4th Line Plug” and is a Guy TOR needs more than Two C-Prospect AHL’ers unlikely to even make it to the the NHL through TOR

Leafs can include those prospects as part of a bigger trade for a better player. Leafs have Gregor, they don't need another 4th liner.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:49 a.m.

Greer can do what Reaves was signed to do and play hockey. That's a good deal for Toronto.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:51 a.m.
TrevorA
Leafs can include those prospects as part of a bigger trade for a better player. Leafs have Gregor, they don't need another 4th liner.

Those C-Prospects have very little value… they’d be sweeteners/throw-ins regardless lol. I’m throwing TOR a bone here

Gregor-Kampf-Greer
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:57 a.m.
Those C-Prospects have very little value… they’d be sweeteners/throw-ins regardless lol. I’m throwing TOR a bone here

Gregor-Kampf-Greer

Flames claimed Greer from waivers and you want to flip him for two prospects who the Leafs have been developing in their system? Not gonna happen. Treliving may not be smart but he also isn't dumb.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:00 a.m.
TrevorA
Flames claimed Greer from waivers and you want to flip him for two prospects who the Leafs have been developing in their system? Not gonna happen. Treliving may not be smart but he also isn't dumb.

No, but clearly you are 🤣

Goes to show you have no idea what the value of your own Prospects are, let alone Greer’s lol OMG Too Funny! 😂

Just for fun, what do you think they’re worth and please explain why!?
Texas416_er liked this.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:04 a.m.
No, but clearly you are 🤣

Goes to show you have no idea what the value of your own Prospects are, let alone Greer’s lol OMG Too Funny! 😂

Just for fun, what do you think they’re worth and please explain why!?

They're worth more than a career AHLer who was claimed off waivers and has more PIMs than games played. You're acting like Greer is some diamond in the rough. Every team has 10 of those guys in their farm teams.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:08 a.m.
TrevorA
They're worth more than a career AHLer who was claimed off waivers and has more PIMs than games played. You're acting like Greer is some diamond in the ruff. Every team has 10 of those guys in their farm teams.

LMAO 🤣 You literally don’t know anything at all about hockey, do you!? You’re straight up just guessing on everything on here. WOW!

How does a Player get more PIM’s than games and is that a good thing or a bad thing!?

Are you going to explain how Abruzzese and Villeneuve have any value, let alone more than Greer’s or no!?
Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:17 a.m.
LMAO 🤣 You literally don’t know anything at all about hockey, do you!? You’re straight up just guessing on everything on here. WOW!

How does a Player get more PIM’s than games and is that a good thing or a bad thing!?

Are you going to explain how Abruzzese and Villeneuve have any value, let alone more than Greer’s or no!?

Of course they have more value than a guy whose celing is the 4th line on a bad team. There must have been a reason Boston waived him. Abruzzese and Villeneuve are young and still developing their game. They will be better assets for a trade next year. Why trade him for a guy who probably won't even start with the Leafs? Unlike the Flames, the Leafs want to win with actual players, not ice a random roster with scraps from the waiver wire.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:27 a.m.
TrevorA
Of course they have more value than a guy whose celing is the 4th line on a bad team. There must have been a reason Boston waived him. Abruzzese and Villeneuve are young and still developing their game. They will be better assets for a trade next year. Why trade him for a guy who probably won't even start with the Leafs? Unlike the Flames, the Leafs want to win with actual players, not ice a random roster with scraps from the waiver wire.

Greer is certainly a Bottom-6 NHL Player, but unlike those other 2, he’s an NHL’er. The reason they Waived Greer is because they signed Lucic. I guarantee they’re kicking themselves now for making that move

I guarantee Greer would be in the lineup over Reaves, McMann and Gregor

At 24.5 years old and on his last year year of Waivers Eligibility, Abruzzese can mo longer be considered a “Young” Prospect. Similar to Tyce Thompson, he’s not even worth a Draft Pick. He worth another AHL Contract Swap or as a Sweetener for another low value UFA, like Greer

Villeneuve is Younger and has more year of Waivers Exemption, but he’s an under sized RD, so maybe holds a 6th/7th Round Pick

The only reason I Traded Greer and picked those 2 is because they have history with some of our players, that’s it, not because they’re projected to be anything
Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:36 a.m.
Greer is certainly a Bottom-6 NHL Player, but unlike those other 2, he’s an NHL’er. The reason they Waived Greer is because they signed Lucic. I guarantee they’re kicking themselves now for making that move

I guarantee Greer would be in the lineup over Reaves, McMann and Gregor

At 24.5 years old and on his last year year of Waivers Eligibility, Abruzzese can mo longer be considered a “Young” Prospect. Similar to Tyce Thompson, he’s not even worth a Draft Pick. He worth another AHL Contract Swap or as a Sweetener for another low value UFA, like Greer

Villeneuve is Younger and has more year of Waivers Exemption, but he’s an under sized RD, so maybe holds a 6th/7th Round Pick

The only reason I Traded Greer and picked those 2 is because they have history with some of our players, that’s it, not because they’re projected to be anything

I assume nobody projected Greer to be anything before he was given a chance too. That's the thing with prospects and young players. You never know when they're going to figure it out and become key contributors. When the Leafs traded Moore to the Kings he was a throw in AHLer. Today he's a PPG player on a playoff team.

That's an extreme example. But I just don't think it's smart to give up on young guys who haven't been given the opportunity to play in the NHL, especially for a 4th line player who has issues with discipline and staying out of the box.

If the Flames get these two prospects Zadorov will have to be the player coming back the other way. Otherwise it's not worth it for the Leafs.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:45 a.m.
TrevorA
I assume nobody projected Greer to be anything before he was given a chance too. That's the thing with prospects and young players. You never know when they're going to figure it out and become key contributors. When the Leafs traded Moore to the Kings he was a throw in AHLer. Today he's a PPG player on a playoff team.

That's an extreme example. But I just don't think it's smart to give up on young guys who haven't been given the opportunity to play in the NHL, especially for a 4th line player who has issues with discipline and staying out of the box.

If the Flames get these two prospects Zadorov will have to be the player coming back the other way. Otherwise it's not worth it for the Leafs.

Dude, Greer was Projected High… he was Drafted 39th Overall 🤦‍♂️

Anyways, I gotta end this conversation. You’re clearly not realizing how far off you are and continue to just double down on your silly beliefs. And now you want one of the Hottest Trade Bait Pieces in the League in Zadorov for what I’ve just explained to you is really of no value….

I asked, you refused and/or couldn’t even explain why they would have any value other than “well, you don’t know till you give’em a chance, hyuck” as if their AHL Club isn’t designed to determine if/when/whether they deserve one

Sorry man, but you clearly don’t know what’s good, makes sense or is worth it for the Leafs. I’m Out, Bye ✌️
Nov. 27, 2023 at 4:08 a.m.
Edited Nov. 27, 2023 at 4:54 a.m.

Gregor-Kampf-Greer

They have little trade value but they fill 2-spots on the Marlies. Greer might be take the 4th line spot but he might not. The Leafs have McMann, Steeves, and Holmberg who all want a chance at a spot, would make more sense to just give them that spot than to trade two AHL players for one depth NHLer.

In an ideal world, it works I guess. In real life, I think some combination of Abruzzesse+Steeves/Holmberg/McMann (maybe Villaneuve if they are actually interested) will be headed to the Flames for in a Tanev+Zadorov trade if Klingberg is confirmed out for the regular season in the coming days. The Flames would likely get a 1st+2nd (in value) + two 3rds for the two at 50% with CGY retaining on both.

I know there's Lindholm and Hanifin that the Flames might need to move, but I don't think that they both would require retention for an interested team to acquire them as they have pretty low contracts. A 3rd team could be involved but taking back an expiring player is likely enough to get the deal done.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 4:33 a.m.
That's the thing with prospects and young players. You never know when they're going to figure it out and become key contributors. When the Leafs traded Moore to the Kings he was a throw in AHLer. Today he's a PPG player on a playoff team.

Trading a prospect that probably will never make the team as sweetners/throw-ins is not really giving up on a guy 1) it's a small contribution to the package needed to acquire a proven NHLer that addresses a need and 2) it's more so giving the guy a chance to have a career.

If the Leafs never traded Moore (assuming that he doesn't find his way to another team in free agency), he's likely still playing for the Marlies or some other league.
KingExLeafs liked this.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 8:31 a.m.
not a he )
Simplify the Columbus deal. They don't need prospects or goalies, as they'll be carrying three very soon themselves. Bean and Peeke and a lesser prospect than LDBB for Zadorov only. Perhaps Fix-Wolansky?
CaseyFlyman liked this.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 11:17 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: GMBL
They have little trade value but they fill 2-spots on the Marlies. Greer might be take the 4th line spot but he might not. The Leafs have McMann, Steeves, and Holmberg who all want a chance at a spot, would make more sense to just give them that spot than to trade two AHL players for one depth NHLer.

In an ideal world, it works I guess. In real life, I think some combination of Abruzzesse+Steeves/Holmberg/McMann (maybe Villaneuve if they are actually interested) will be headed to the Flames for in a Tanev+Zadorov trade if Klingberg is confirmed out for the regular season in the coming days. The Flames would likely get a 1st+2nd (in value) + two 3rds for the two at 50% with CGY retaining on both.

I know there's Lindholm and Hanifin that the Flames might need to move, but I don't think that they both would require retention for an interested team to acquire them as they have pretty low contracts. A 3rd team could be involved but taking back an expiring player is likely enough to get the deal done.

Might not!? You'll have to explain that one to me. I thought The Leafs were Lacking Toughness and Grit and an Enforcer, especially after nothing was done about Liljegren being taken out....

I mean, Reaves ain't doing it and McMann, Holmberg, nor Steeves aren't gonna bring the Energy, Grit and Skill or will Enforce & Fight like Greer will. Again, I was throwing TOR a bone here, but in hindsight it was a good test to see what the response would be and to what should be nobody's surprise, it's an over valuation of TOR Prospects and yet again, the hesitancy to move on from something of little-to-no value for something of need...

I see you're one of the low ball evaluators on Zadorov's Trade Value lol, but no, The Flames don't really need to move anyone, we're just cleaning house on anybody uncertain they want to remain a Flame Long-Term or wanting far more on their next contract than can be justified. Nobody's actually being pushed out, Lindholm, Hanifin, Tanev, Zadorov and Greer for their roles. The only guys needing spots for next season are Wolf, Pelletier & Coronato and maybe Poirier or Solovyov. The only guys I'm ready to move on from are Vladar, Tanev, Dube and now Zadorov's getting very close to losing my support.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 11:26 a.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: squashmaple
Simplify the Columbus deal. They don't need prospects or goalies, as they'll be carrying three very soon themselves. Bean and Peeke and a lesser prospect than LDBB for Zadorov only. Perhaps Fix-Wolansky?

I keep forgetting about Tarasov, but also wonder how long he'll be out with is knee injury. Part of the condition of taking Peeke's 2.75mil back for x2.5-2.75 seasons is that CLB takes back Vladar's $2.2mil x1.5-1.75 years..

I like Trey-Fix Wolansky as an Edmontonian & Oil King Alumni, but have zero interest in him as a prospect. Lesser Prospect than LDBB... How bout Cole Sillinger or Corson Ceulemans!? Flames need a Quality C & RD Prospect in return, otherwise we'll move Zadorov elsewhere for a 2nd + 3rd + ?/Cap Swap OR retained for a 1st +?/Cap Swap
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:14 p.m.
not a he )
I keep forgetting about Tarasov, but also wonder how long he'll be out with is knee injury. Part of the condition of taking Peeke's 2.75mil back for x2.5-2.75 seasons is that CLB takes back Vladar's $2.2mil x1.5-1.75 years..

I like Trey-Fix Wolansky as an Edmontonian & Oil King Alumni, but have zero interest in him as a prospect. Lesser Prospect than LDBB... How bout Cole Sillinger or Corson Ceulemans!? Flames need a Quality C & RD Prospect in return, otherwise we'll move Zadorov elsewhere for a 2nd + 3rd + ?/Cap Swap OR retained for a 1st +?/Cap Swap

Cole Sillinger is not a lesser prospect, lol.

Just move him elsewhere. He's not needed in Columbus after this season anyway.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:21 p.m.
Edited Nov. 27, 2023 at 12:43 p.m.
Might not!? You'll have to explain that one to me. I thought The Leafs were Lacking Toughness and Grit and an Enforcer, especially after nothing was done about Liljegren being taken out....

I mean, Reaves ain't doing it and McMann, Holmberg, nor Steeves aren't gonna bring the Energy, Grit and Skill or will Enforce & Fight like Greer will. Again, I was throwing TOR a bone here, but in hindsight it was a good test to see what the response would be and to what should be nobody's surprise, it's an over valuation of TOR Prospects and yet again, the hesitancy to move on from something of little-to-no value for something of need...

I see you're one of the low ball evaluators on Zadorov's Trade Value lol, but no, The Flames don't really need to move anyone, we're just cleaning house on anybody uncertain they want to remain a Flame Long-Term or wanting far more on their next contract than can be justified. Nobody's actually being pushed out, Lindholm, Hanifin, Tanev, Zadorov and Greer for their roles. The only guys needing spots for next season are Wolf, Pelletier & Coronato and maybe Poirier or Solovyov. The only guys I'm ready to move on from are Vladar, Tanev, Dube and now Zadorov's getting very close to losing my support.

If Reaves isn't doing it then there's no reason to think Greer would. If they want to add grit still, then they are probably going to look doing it elsewhere which is probably why they are interested in Zadorov. The reason for not moving two prospects of little value for a guy they don't need isn't trade value, not that Greer has any value himself. The Marlies would need to replace that player, why do the Leafs care? Because the Leafs and Marlies are essentially one organization. They are both owned by the same company, so it's not like the Leafs are going to end up with a new affiliate any time soon. There's no reason to disrupt them. Also, Villeneuve is a waiver-exempt RHD prospect who is still only 21, there's no reason to move him when the Leafs don't even got a lot of guys in his position.
Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:07 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: GMBL
If Reaves isn't doing it then there's no reason to think Greer would. If they want to add grit still, then they are probably going to look doing it elsewhere which is probably why they are interested in Zadorov. The reason for not moving two prospects of little value for a guy they don't need isn't trade value, not that Greer has any value himself. The Marlies would need to replace that player, why do the Leafs care? Because the Leafs and Marlies are essentially one organization. They are both owned by the same company, so it's not like the Leafs are going to end up with a new affiliate any time soon. There's no reason to disrupt them. Also, Villeneuve is a waiver-exempt RHD prospect who is still only 21, there's no reason to move him when the Leafs don't even got a lot of guys in his position.

That's a pretty weak argument man. What does Reaves inability and lack of responsibility have anything to do with Greer's....

I get they have roles with the Marlies, hence why I didn't make a comment or counter-argument to that, but yeah, there is a reason because Greer IS a need and is worth something to the Leafs and other organizations, whereas Abruzzese and Villeneuve are not. Like I said, I presented a bone and Leafs Fans can't get their heads around to even accepting it lol. No worries, we love Greer and have no need to move him anyways. Catch you on the next one G!
Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:32 p.m.
Edited Nov. 27, 2023 at 1:54 p.m.
That's a pretty weak argument man. What does Reaves inability and lack of responsibility have anything to do with Greer's....

I get they have roles with the Marlies, hence why I didn't make a comment or counter-argument to that, but yeah, there is a reason because Greer IS a need and is worth something to the Leafs and other organizations, whereas Abruzzese and Villeneuve are not. Like I said, I presented a bone and Leafs Fans can't get their heads around to even accepting it lol. No worries, we love Greer and have no need to move him anyways. Catch you on the next one G!

Reaves is the prototypical goon, if he's incapable then others are probably going to be incapable in the same position. How was Reaves going to fight Marchand when BOS had last change anyways? He never got the opportunity. Keefe could have told him to jump the board as soon as Marchand got on, but chances are Marchand wouldn't have fought him anyways and maybe Keefe doesn't care too much to take an instigating penalty. Someone like Zadorov could respond by more than just fighting, because he's actually good enough to play lots of minutes, and he could just lay the body. Guys like Reaves or Greer who will play 8 minutes would probably take a silly penalty trying to lay a huge hit in their short shifts.

I don't see how Greer is a need at all. They said the Leafs need grit, they need guys like Bertuzzi, Domi, and Wilson. They got Bertuzzi, Domi, and Reaves who is basically Wilson without the upside of actually being a useful player. He's likely not going to crack the line up anyways, and the Leafs biggest need is fixing their defense which he does not do.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll