Published: Nov. 29, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
BOS
PHI
  1. Forbort, Derek
  2. 2024 4th round pick (BOS)
BOS
  1. Lindholm, Elias ($2,425,000 retained)
  2. Zadorov, Nikita
CGY
  1. Boqvist, Jesper
  2. Grzelcyk, Matt
  3. Harrison, Brett
  4. Lysell, Fabian
  5. 2024 5th round pick (BOS)
  6. 2025 1st round pick (BOS)
  7. 2025 3rd round pick (BOS)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$82,728,334$4,500,000$80,000$771,666
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,425,000$2,425,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$11,250,000$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, RW
RFA - 2
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 2
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 7
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,475,000$3,475,000
G
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$1,050,000$1,050,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,137,500$1,137,500
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,000,000$1,000,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 29, 2023 at 10:33 p.m.
Definitely light on the return for those 2, although I'm still not sold on Zadorov
Nov. 29, 2023 at 11:36 p.m.
TrevorA
Good Trade for BOS, but Not So Much for CGY

Wouldn’t even Trade Lindholm retained alone for that…

Lindholm 50% Retained: 2025-1st + Lysell + Faranacci + 3rd RD Pick + Gryz/DeBrusk/Geekie + Boqvist (compensation for the delayed 1st RD Pick till 2025)

Zadorov: Lohrei + Forbort

This assumes both extend with BOS upon arrival
Nov. 29, 2023 at 11:39 p.m.
Quoting: KingofRnR
Good Trade for BOS, but Not So Much for CGY

Wouldn’t even Trade Lindholm retained alone for that…

Lindholm 50% Retained: 2025-1st + Lysell + Faranacci + 3rd RD Pick + Gryz/DeBrusk/Geekie + Boqvist (compensation for the delayed 1st RD Pick till 2025)

Zadorov: Lohrei + Forbort

This assumes both extend with BOS upon arrival

Not sure I see Zadorov having as much value as you believe but Lindholm could certainly go for a haul that big I just don’t know which team would do it
Nov. 29, 2023 at 11:45 p.m.
TrevorA
Quoting: Quaider11
Not sure I see Zadorov having as much value as you believe but Lindholm could certainly go for a haul that big I just don’t know which team would do it

Yeah, ppl are having trouble understanding both the scarcity and demand for Zadorov.

I think Zadorov’s similar to Zdeno Chara except nowhere near as good defensively and he doesn’t have near the same hockey IQ. Regardless, 6’6+ 250lb+ Monsters who can do it all are rare and very valuable. GM’s drool over having a Big Horse like him in the lineup come Playoff Time. There’s a Ton of interest in him already

The Athletics current Trade Board List looks like this:

#1-Hanifin
#2-Lindholm
#3-Tanev
#4-Zadorov
MoxNix and Quaider11 liked this.
Nov. 29, 2023 at 11:45 p.m.
Actually not a bad trade for Calgary
Nov. 30, 2023 at 1:02 a.m.
Quoting: CJets
Actually not a bad trade for Calgary

Actually it's pretty bad for Calgary. If Boston wants Lindholm it'll cost Poitras or Zacha and more. The main asset needs to be a good center, a good center prospect or a mid to high 1st round pick and Boston doesn't have the pick.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 1:07 a.m.
Yeah, ppl are having trouble understanding both the scarcity and demand for Zadorov.

I think Zadorov’s similar to Zdeno Chara except nowhere near as good defensively and he doesn’t have near the same hockey IQ. Regardless, 6’6+ 250lb+ Monsters who can do it all are rare and very valuable. GM’s drool over having a Big Horse like him in the lineup come Playoff Time. There’s a Ton of interest in him already

#1-Hanifin
#2-Lindholm
#3-Tanev
#4-Zadorov

so he's similar to Chara in that he's physical, and that's it. Zadorov is a great 3rd pair defenseman, and plays an important role on good teams, but he's more of a cherry on top type of piece rather than a core piece
Nov. 30, 2023 at 1:10 a.m.
Quoting: LPProductions
so he's similar to Chara in that he's physical, and that's it. Zadorov is a great 3rd pair defenseman, and plays an important role on good teams, but he's more of a cherry on top type of piece rather than a core piece

You have no idea what you're talking about.
KingofRnR liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 1:13 a.m.
Quoting: MoxNix

You just compared a 3rd pairing defenseman on a fringe playoff team to one of the best defensemen of all time. Cmon dude
Quaider11 and T0R liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 1:25 a.m.
The only thing Zadorov has in common with Chara is they are tall and physical. Chara is one of the smartest, most disciplined players who was known as an incredible leader. Zadarov is an undisciplined penalty creator.

My hope for Calgary fans is they find someone that looks at the physicality and size … and disregards the reason he’s a third liner on a below average team.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 1:47 a.m.
TrevorA

Quoting: Celtics21
The only thing Zadorov has in common with Chara is they are tall and physical. Chara is one of the smartest, most disciplined players who was known as an incredible leader. Zadarov is an undisciplined penalty creator.
My hope for Calgary fans is they find someone that looks at the physicality and size … and disregards the reason he’s a third liner on a below average team.

You two don’t seem to have a clue lol

Look at Zaodorv’s on ice stats, the ice tilts in favour of the Flames when he’s on the ice. He contributes 0.30PPG with only ~16mins TOI at Even Strength and that’s with non offensive = Gudbranson, Tanev or AHL Quality Gilbert, Oesterle, DeSimone D-Partners. Put him with Weegar or Michael Stone and he shines. He can skate, puck handle from end to end and shoot the puck like a forward

Not sure what you’re talking about him taking and penalties either. He takes the ones he needs too and drops the gloves when he has too as well.

Chara was indeed on another level defensively, but in terms of everything else, including Leadership, he’s proven to be much more than just a Big Physical D-Man
MoxNix liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 1:48 a.m.
TrevorA

Look at Zaodorv’s on ice stats, the ice tilts in favour of the Flames when he’s on the ice. He contributes 0.30PPG with only ~16mins TOI at Even Strength and that’s with non offensive = Gudbranson, Tanev or AHL Quality Gilbert, Oesterle, DeSimone D-Partners. Put him with Weegar or Michael Stone and he shines. He can skate, puck handle from end to end and shoot the puck like a forward

Not sure what you’re talking about him taking and penalties either. He takes the ones he needs too and drops the gloves when he has too as well.

Chara was indeed on another level defensively, but in terms of everything else, including Leadership, he’s proven to be much more than just a Big Physical D-Man

He’s like a Forbort/Gryzelcyk Frankenstein, but Bigger
Nov. 30, 2023 at 9:12 a.m.

#1-Hanifin
#2-Lindholm
#3-Tanev
#4-Zadorov

3rd pairing Chara is a fair way to describe Zadorov
Nov. 30, 2023 at 9:23 a.m.
Actually it's pretty bad for Calgary. If Boston wants Lindholm it'll cost Poitras or Zacha and more. The main asset needs to be a good center, a good center prospect or a mid to high 1st round pick and Boston doesn't have the pick.

The issue with Lindholm is that contending teams are likelier to take a gamble that he makes it to FA rather than give up a haul based around a Top6 C of similar quality or potential

The only team I could see caving and giving up a haul for Lindholm is Columbus but they’d have to overpay a bit to extend him and I’m not convinced he’d want to extend there knowing there are cup contending teams that are better system fits on the ice (Boston and Carolina)
Nov. 30, 2023 at 9:35 a.m.
Edited Nov. 30, 2023 at 9:54 a.m.

You compared a 3rd line defenseman on a bad team to a Hall of Fame player and we don’t have a clue.

No offense comparing Zadorov to Chara is something even a comedian couldn’t say with a straight face. He’s as close to Chara as Milan Lucic is to Jerome Iginla. Styles are one thing, but some players just do it better and to compare them is a joke

Zadorov is a solid player who will be on his fifth team before the age of 28 who openly had his agent demand a trade in the media. Nice team player there. Didn’t Backlund take issue with that?

He’s better than Forbort. No doubt. He’s different stylistically than Grz, but their statistics are pretty much on par with one another over the past three years. He does secure more hits. I’d prefer him to Grz, but both players are solid and bring definitive strengths to the table.

I’ll even go a step further, I’d like him on my team but I wouldn’t pay much to get him in terms of picks. I think you’ll get a nice package for him with retention and likely bundling him with someone else. He’s exactly the type of player that a team will overpay for.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 11:02 a.m.
You compared a 3rd line defenseman on a bad team to a Hall of Fame player and we don’t have a clue.

No offense comparing Zadorov to Chara is something even a comedian couldn’t say with a straight face. He’s as close to Chara as Milan Lucic is to Jerome Iginla. Styles are one thing, but some players just do it better and to compare them is a joke

Zadorov is a solid player who will be on his fifth team before the age of 28 who openly had his agent demand a trade in the media. Nice team player there. Didn’t Backlund take issue with that?

He’s better than Forbort. No doubt. He’s different stylistically than Grz, but their statistics are pretty much on par with one another over the past three years. He does secure more hits. I’d prefer him to Grz, but both players are solid and bring definitive strengths to the table.

I’ll even go a step further, I’d like him on my team but I wouldn’t pay much to get him in terms of picks. I think you’ll get a nice package for him with retention and likely bundling him with someone else. He’s exactly the type of player that a team will overpay for.

Zadorov is to Chara as Danault is to Bergeron
Nov. 30, 2023 at 11:07 a.m.

Style clones that are no where close. I like Danault a lot more. He’s a good 2C. Not sure if label Zadarov as a legitimate top 4D unless you have 3 very good D men on the team.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 11:22 a.m.

Zadorov is good. Don't want that to get lost in the shuffle, but comparing him to Chara is legitimately crazy. That's like saying Matt Grzelcyk is like Nicklas Lidstrom because he's really good at breaking the puck out.

I'd love Zadorov on the Bruins. I think he'd be a perfect fit at 3LD, but that's kinda my point. I think he's better suited for a bottom-pairing role than a top-4 on a Cup contending team. Could he play top-4 minutes in a pinch? Absolutely, I just think he's being valued as a very good top-4 guy and I don't see him as that. Think he'd be great for a 2nd rounder, but I think the Flames are going to get quite a bit more than that and for me, that's not worth it for the team acquiring him.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 11:25 a.m.

That's still a pretty **** comparison. Trying to simplify this as best as I can

Zadorov all time is like a 5/10 defenseman, Chara is a 10/10
Danault is probably a 7/10 forward, Bergeron is a 9.5/10
Quaider11 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 12:34 p.m.
TrevorA

Zadorov is good. Don't want that to get lost in the shuffle, but comparing him to Chara is legitimately crazy. That's like saying Matt Grzelcyk is like Nicklas Lidstrom because he's really good at breaking the puck out.

I'd love Zadorov on the Bruins. I think he'd be a perfect fit at 3LD, but that's kinda my point. I think he's better suited for a bottom-pairing role than a top-4 on a Cup contending team. Could he play top-4 minutes in a pinch? Absolutely, I just think he's being valued as a very good top-4 guy and I don't see him as that. Think he'd be great for a 2nd rounder, but I think the Flames are going to get quite a bit more than that and for me, that's not worth it for the team acquiring him.

You just compared a 3rd pairing defenseman on a fringe playoff team to one of the best defensemen of all time. Cmon dude

I admit Zadorov's a Weaker Defensive version of Chara. Play him at 3LD, but give Big-Z more minutes, including on the Power Play in Front of the Net like Chara was afforded and see what he does, I think you'll understand my comparison. He's far more talented and skilled than he's being given credit for, simply because he's not taking minutes away from CGY's current Top-4 (when at times he should have). CapFriendly has him rated as an 80-P2 as well, for what that matters.

I do find it quite comical that when I get in to these conversations, that everybody wants to say Z's a 3rd Pairing D-Man, so they can justify low ball offers and values on him, yet when I look at their AGM Lineups, he's almost always (= 95% of the time) inserted at 2LD or 2RD lol

Since a 2nd only generates an NHL Player who plays more than >99 NHL Games in their career just 17.2% of the Time and the fact we want Players who can help up sooner than later, I'm sticking to Lohrei + Forbort. If we have to send back Oesterle or Boltman back, no problem. I know Bruins Fans are high on Lohrei, but he's only a 59-P2 on here, while Forbort is a 76-P3
MoxNix liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 1:46 p.m.
No one is minimizing Zadorov. I’m saying I don’t think the Bruins should trade a lot for him, because the incremental gain from the player they’d have to give up (Grz) and Zadorov isn’t huge. I’m also saying that they should get a 2nd rounder for him without retention. 3rd line defenseman are useful. I think you are mistaking people saying your comparison to an all time great is comical and what his talent perception is. He has flaws. All players do.

I like Lohrei much in the same way you like Coronato. Neither are ready, but both have obvious talent and you don’t really give those type of players up for pending FA’s. It’s no different than Calgary fans saying players are less appealing because they are pending FA’s. The thought process is the same. Just because Boston can sign them doesn’t mean they should
Nov. 30, 2023 at 5:49 p.m.
I do find it quite comical that when I get in to these conversations, that everybody wants to say Z's a 3rd Pairing D-Man, so they can justify low ball offers and values on him, yet when I look at their AGM Lineups, he's almost always (= 95% of the time) inserted at 2LD or 2RD lol

Exactly!

In fact this proposal has him at 2LD on the Bruins which is a pretty good defensive team.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:19 p.m.
I admit Zadorov's a Weaker Defensive version of Chara. Play him at 3LD, but give Big-Z more minutes, including on the Power Play in Front of the Net like Chara was afforded and see what he does, I think you'll understand my comparison. He's far more talented and skilled than he's being given credit for, simply because he's not taking minutes away from CGY's current Top-4 (when at times he should have). CapFriendly has him rated as an 80-P2 as well, for what that matters.

Since a 2nd only generates an NHL Player who plays more than >99 NHL Games in their career just 17.2% of the Time and the fact we want Players who can help up sooner than later, I'm sticking to Lohrei + Forbort. If we have to send back Oesterle or Boltman back, no problem. I know Bruins Fans are high on Lohrei, but he's only a 59-P2 on here, while Forbort is a 76-P3

Nice return eh?
Dahlia1001 and Quaider11 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 6:21 p.m.

3rd pairing defensemen get 3rd pair returns.
Quaider11 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2023 at 7:03 p.m.
Edited Nov. 30, 2023 at 7:08 p.m.
3rd pairing defensemen get 3rd pair returns.

Zadorov is listed as 2nd pair on Boston's roster in this trade.

We get it. You think you can steal a 2nd pair defenseman for a 3rd pair price but you're dead wrong.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll