Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$775,000$775,000
LD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,125,000$3,125,000
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$775,000$775,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 1
LW, C
UFA - 2
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$878,333$878,333 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
RD
RFA - 3
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 4, 2023 at 10:39 p.m.
BigMeech
Can rebuild with crosby, malkin, letang and karlsson
Dec. 4, 2023 at 10:39 p.m.
pens1991
I don't know that Vegas takes that...That's a lot. Would need to retain 50% on Jake, which would be fine.
Dec. 4, 2023 at 10:40 p.m.
Yall gotta Chill
I’m so sorry for Pits fans.. No clue what the Pens where thinking when they hired him.

He had all the play he wanted in Toronto, had some of the best productive offensive in the NHL outside of EDM top players and signed bad defensive but offensive players at the blue line and no goalie. He goes to PITS what does he do… takes the worst +- defensive player in the league with a 10M$ cap hit.. then fires anyone that could call him out on it.

So sorry for PITS fans… not way better in TOR with the other bad GM that scrapped the Flames.. Dubas and Treliving have done bad baaaaad moves yet still work in the league..
Dec. 4, 2023 at 10:54 p.m.
Quoting: WhoCares_ItsAFantasyGame
I’m so sorry for Pits fans.. No clue what the Pens where thinking when they hired him.

He had all the play he wanted in Toronto, had some of the best productive offensive in the NHL outside of EDM top players and signed bad defensive but offensive players at the blue line and no goalie. He goes to PITS what does he do… takes the worst +- defensive player in the league with a 10M$ cap hit.. then fires anyone that could call him out on it.

So sorry for PITS fans… not way better in TOR with the other bad GM that scrapped the Flames.. Dubas and Treliving have done bad baaaaad moves yet still work in the league..

Karlsson is a +10 so far this season, probably a bit off from worse in the league
Dec. 4, 2023 at 11:32 p.m.
DNP1932
Edited Dec. 4, 2023 at 11:53 p.m.

He’s a good gm, not sure what you wanted him to do, he traded away bad players on horrid contracts for someone who can at least contribute also +- lmao using that stat is a joke. Pens are just super volatile and with the injuries that really makes them unstable now.
Pensfan303 and Grit liked this.
Dec. 5, 2023 at 1:12 a.m.

Dubas has done a great job so far, It's not his fault that a PP with 4 future HOF can't sustain pressure and gives up more shorthanded breaks than they have offensive. The pens have had Great goaltending, the defense has been good and the bottom 6 has been improved from last season. If the pens had a PP, we would be well over 500 right now
Grit liked this.
Dec. 5, 2023 at 1:56 a.m.
Vegas obviously declines that is just an obscene amount to pay for a 29 year old who needs a big new contract. Would be better off keeping all those roster players and making another Barbashev-esque move with a much lower acquisition cost.
VGKNation702 liked this.
Dec. 5, 2023 at 7:36 a.m.
VGKNation702
Quoting: SmoothMcCrimmonal
Vegas obviously declines that is just an obscene amount to pay for a 29 year old who needs a big new contract. Would be better off keeping all those roster players and making another Barbashev-esque move with a much lower acquisition cost.

Bingo. If we are making a move like that it will be futures to try and run it back. Getting rid of 3 guys that all play roles on the current roster ain’t it.
Dec. 5, 2023 at 9:21 a.m.

Dubas is hardly to blame for the situation they're in. Outside of the Graves signing basically everything else he's done has been a positive. Karlsson is on pace for 65 points and is a +13 at 5v5. And the trade saved money. He inherited a bad situation as well.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 9:30 a.m.
Yall gotta Chill
Quoting: JSEB93
Dubas is hardly to blame for the situation they're in. Outside of the Graves signing basically everything else he's done has been a positive. Karlsson is on pace for 65 points and is a +13 at 5v5. And the trade saved money. He inherited a bad situation as well.

Quoting: Pensfan303
Dubas has done a great job so far, It's not his fault that a PP with 4 future HOF can't sustain pressure and gives up more shorthanded breaks than they have offensive. The pens have had Great goaltending, the defense has been good and the bottom 6 has been improved from last season. If the pens had a PP, we would be well over 500 right now

Quoting: DNP1932
He’s a good gm, not sure what you wanted him to do, he traded away bad players on horrid contracts for someone who can at least contribute also +- lmao using that stat is a joke. Pens are just super volatile and with the injuries that really makes them unstable now.

Quoting: DNP1932

Quoting: AnonymousSensFan
Karlsson is a +10 so far this season, probably a bit off from worse in the league

Look, I'm not hitting the Pens, I like the Pens. While their core is getting older (Crosby, Malkin, Letang), those three aren't a bunch of spoiled brats. They have contracts far below their normal value had they gone UFA and waited for the offers. they left money on the floor for others to join in, so kudos to Crosby for keeping the 87 number alive instead of signing for 10 or more last time.

Same for Gino who signed got 6.1$ and Letang also, all three may have gotten way more elsewhere, but they have a good thing and know they are well paid. While Dubas just came in, right now you may think he's good, but wait.. See what will start happening.. He'll start trading key piece players for "right now!" players but won't analyze the impact of what those players actually where doing to help win games. He goes for the guys who will put up good points, but cant recognize the talent you also need defending or players that do their thing on the 3rd and 4th lines. Once they are up for resigning, he'll give out way more cash than needed instead of trading out, and then it's the Toronto situation all over again. That's why the Leafs are screwed up... Yet they go and get the as worse GM of the league with Treliving.. Only god know why..

I'm hoping he won't repeat what he did to the Leafs in Pittsburg, I really do, but don't be surprised if suddenly he starts making dumb move based on a player's point per game instead of value of a type of player on each line.

In the offseason he played for Karlsson instead of adding better and more effective players that would actually help keep them in a series spot. Currently sitting at 12th when they should be higher than that with a prize possession like Karlsson coming in.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 9:41 a.m.
Look, I'm not hitting the Pens, I like the Pens. While their core is getting older (Crosby, Malkin, Letang), those three aren't a bunch of spoiled brats. They have contracts far below their normal value had they gone UFA and waited for the offers. they left money on the floor for others to join in, so kudos to Crosby for keeping the 87 number alive instead of signing for 10 or more last time.

Same for Gino who signed got 6.1$ and Letang also, all three may have gotten way more elsewhere, but they have a good thing and know they are well paid. While Dubas just came in, right now you may think he's good, but wait.. See what will start happening.. He'll start trading key piece players for "right now!" players but won't analyze the impact of what those players actually where doing to help win games. He goes for the guys who will put up good points, but cant recognize the talent you also need defending or players that do their thing on the 3rd and 4th lines. Once they are up for resigning, he'll give out way more cash than needed instead of trading out, and then it's the Toronto situation all over again. That's why the Leafs are screwed up... Yet they go and get the as worse GM of the league with Treliving.. Only god know why..

I'm hoping he won't repeat what he did to the Leafs in Pittsburg, I really do, but don't be surprised if suddenly he starts making dumb move based on a player's point per game instead of value of a type of player on each line.

In the offseason he played for Karlsson instead of adding better and more effective players that would actually help keep them in a series spot. Currently sitting at 12th when they should be higher than that with a prize possession like Karlsson coming in.

We know you're not going after the Pens core players. We're just saying you can't really blame Dubas for the situation they're in, or for getting Karlsson. He's played great. Sure Dubas could make bad moves in the future, but you can't blame the Pens for hiring Dubas based on hypothetical bad moves in the future.

What better or more effective players could they have got instead? It's not like Dubas was sitting on 10mil in cap space and decided to sign Karlsson. Yes, they should be higher - but again, our point is you can't really put that on Dubas and/or acquisition of Karlsson.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 2:18 p.m.
Yall gotta Chill
...you can't blame the Pens for hiring Dubas based on hypothetical bad moves in the future.

No but his past moves show how bad his hypothetical future moves will potentially be given his track record in understanding what a team needs to perform with a top line that any NHL team would love to have and be ready to trade a piece in order to ensure that the blue line will be as effective as the front lines. Dubas ain't that guy and is full of himself, he showed it in the series going after fans like an idiot. He's a GM of an NHL team, had he been at that level, he would've let fans scream whatever they want and not even given them a second look. He was frustrated by the team HE built over the years, and went off on fans of the opposing team. He has shown no ability to bring up a team while the window was there, and he has shown the attitude of a 5 year old.

This is what many have talked about for years about coaches who are unable to actually makes their teams better yet again and again get second, third, fourth teams to go in and mess them up. Dubas was a bad player agent, and bad GM..

I'm actually hoping he falls flat and makes the Pens lose this and next season so they can realize what they did and bring in someone with experience in seeing potential, seeing line efficiency, and capacity to bring in players who will mesh within the team strategies and play. Unfortunately the window for Crosby, Malkin and Letang to raise one more will probably be closed by then.

Heck, last year the Flyers were bad, they took in Brière from their farm team, are giving him a chance and he's got them mid-pack by making moves that will enforce a better team for Tortorella (Yes, I see that I talk about the old guard getting 50 chances from team to team and bring up a team that gave Torts a chance.. But he's working with a GM who's got more hockey and locker room efficiency sense than a guy who was GM for the past 5 years and took the position of President of Hockey Operations and GM of Pittsburg because he's so immersed in himself.

He should've just done what he was supposed to do and take the Presidency then hire a GM etc..

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything. While I'm a Habs fan, I also love the Penguins, LAK, COL, EDM, and Canucks. So if anything, I would've been happier had another team got him, like Calgary or Winnipeg, Sharks.. Whatever since they are not on my game watch list. I just hope the Pens can get someone who will see the current state and know that they need to start thinking about replacing Crosby, Malkin and Letang before they get hit with retirement news.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 2:22 p.m.
Not even close for Ryan Mcleod and Oilers are adding a 2nd? For what? A mediocre rental goalie? No deal there.

Mcleod is a cost controlled RFA 3C with speed to burn. The cost for him starts at a 1st.

I’ll send a 3rd and a 4th your way for Ned though at most.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 2:38 p.m.
No but his past moves show how bad his hypothetical future moves will potentially be given his track record in understanding what a team needs to perform with a top line that any NHL team would love to have and be ready to trade a piece in order to ensure that the blue line will be as effective as the front lines. Dubas ain't that guy and is full of himself, he showed it in the series going after fans like an idiot. He's a GM of an NHL team, had he been at that level, he would've let fans scream whatever they want and not even given them a second look. He was frustrated by the team HE built over the years, and went off on fans of the opposing team. He has shown no ability to bring up a team while the window was there, and he has shown the attitude of a 5 year old.

This is what many have talked about for years about coaches who are unable to actually makes their teams better yet again and again get second, third, fourth teams to go in and mess them up. Dubas was a bad player agent, and bad GM..

I'm actually hoping he falls flat and makes the Pens lose this and next season so they can realize what they did and bring in someone with experience in seeing potential, seeing line efficiency, and capacity to bring in players who will mesh within the team strategies and play. Unfortunately the window for Crosby, Malkin and Letang to raise one more will probably be closed by then.

Heck, last year the Flyers were bad, they took in Brière from their farm team, are giving him a chance and he's got them mid-pack by making moves that will enforce a better team for Tortorella (Yes, I see that I talk about the old guard getting 50 chances from team to team and bring up a team that gave Torts a chance.. But he's working with a GM who's got more hockey and locker room efficiency sense than a guy who was GM for the past 5 years and took the position of President of Hockey Operations and GM of Pittsburg because he's so immersed in himself.

He should've just done what he was supposed to do and take the Presidency then hire a GM etc..

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything. While I'm a Habs fan, I also love the Penguins, LAK, COL, EDM, and Canucks. So if anything, I would've been happier had another team got him, like Calgary or Winnipeg, Sharks.. Whatever since they are not on my game watch list. I just hope the Pens can get someone who will see the current state and know that they need to start thinking about replacing Crosby, Malkin and Letang before they get hit with retirement news.

No I know haha - no fighting here, just dude being bros talking about hockey lol. All I'm trying to say is that Dubas(and his acquisition of Karlsson) isn't the reason the Pens are where they are in the standings - they are a league average PP from being 2nd in the Metro. Dubas doesn't run the PP, that falls on the players and coaches. And also, I'm going to judge him based on the moves he makes. So far he's been fine. If he makes terrible moves in the future then I will point it out and agree with you.

Also, he can't even move Crosby, Malkin or Letang if he wanted to. All have full NMCs.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 3:02 p.m.
Yall gotta Chill

Also, he can't even move Crosby, Malkin or Letang if he wanted to. All have full NMCs.

He'd be hanged by the b*lls if he moved them ... LOL!
JSEB93 liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
He'd be hanged by the b*lls if he moved them ... LOL!

Oh for sure haha - there's that too. Right in the center of town
Dec. 8, 2023 at 3:54 p.m.

He added Karlsson instead of more effective players, So let me ask you this, would you rather EK or Petry, Granlund and Rutta?? not to mention he created cap space with that move to add to the bottom 6.

Also IMO, Leafs were in a great spot last season but choked once again, I blame coaching more so than the roster that Dubas built as that team on paper was stupid good

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll