Bruce Garrioch reporting on Habs Goaltending

Created by: Blazingbat11
Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 7, 2023
Published: Dec. 7, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
https://x.com/SunGarrioch/status/1732478567269699709?s=20

A bit odd that an OTT reporter puts out claims regarding other teams, but he's been a reputable source for OTT (he was to first to scoop the Sens being in on Debrincat I believe). Something to keep an eye on.
Trades
MTL
  1. Driedger, Chris
  2. 2024 3rd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Driedger to be buried to play in Laval maybe?
SEA
  1. Primeau, Cayden
Additional Details:
Or Allen
MTL
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (BUF)
BUF
  1. Allen, Jake
Additional Details:
BUF not ready to commit to Levi or UPL?
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$83,500,000$78,401,250$1,170,000$4,300,000$5,098,750
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,985,000$1,985,000 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA - 1
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$859,167$859,167 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 7, 2023 at 7:22 p.m.
Sabres have ZERO INTEREST in Allen- NONE
Dec. 7, 2023 at 7:30 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: AntiAnalytics
Sabres have ZERO INTEREST in Allen- NONE

Hey, BUF having interest in acquiring a veteran goalie makes sense. If you don't like Allen, that's fine. But Garrioch is a reputable source. As I wrote in the description, it's odd that he's reporting on other teams, but a reputable source nonetheless.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 7:36 p.m.
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Hey, BUF having interest in acquiring a veteran goalie makes sense. If you don't like Allen, that's fine. But Garrioch is a reputable source. As I wrote in the description, it's odd that he's reporting on other teams, but a reputable source nonetheless.

And he didn’t say that Buffalo did have interest
Go back & read what was written
All he did was speculate that Buffalo *MIGHT* have interest,
based on the idea that we’d be interested in a Vet goalie- which is also “assumed” & not “confirmed”
Dec. 7, 2023 at 7:44 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
And he didn’t say that Buffalo did have interest
Go back & read what was written
All he did was speculate that Buffalo *MIGHT* have interest,
based on the idea that we’d be interested in a Vet goalie- which is also “assumed” & not “confirmed”

"But it’s also interesting to note there’s talk the Buffalo Sabres have been looking for a veteran goalie and may have sniffed around on Allen."

Well he's not assuming anything. He's reporting BUF have had talks looking for a Vet goalie...then speculates Allen... make of it what you will.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 7:46 p.m.
"But it’s also interesting to note there’s talk the Buffalo Sabres have been looking for a veteran goalie and may have sniffed around on Allen."

Well he's not assuming anything. He's reporting BUF have had talks looking for a Vet goalie...then speculates Allen... make of it what you will.

Pretty sure i already did that
The Sabres aren’t looking at Allen- or anyone like him
Wouldn’t make any sense

If we were to go after a goalie, it would be a legit starter,
not a backup quality guy like Allen
Shibbal18 liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 8:53 p.m.
Subbanator
Pretty sure i already did that
The Sabres aren’t looking at Allen- or anyone like him
Wouldn’t make any sense

If we were to go after a goalie, it would be a legit starter,
not a backup quality guy like Allen

If recommend going and listening to Jake Allen's interview on 32 thoughts the podcast. Buffalo wouldn't be getting him to be a starter, they'd be getting him to be a guide to their young goalies. Allen is a goalie historian and studies the craft like no other, the detail he breaks down in that interview and his knowledge of the craft are evident.

Right now goaltending is all Buffalo is missing. They have the cap space, they have the youth, the have the draft capitol and they may just be thinking that they need someone to come in, work with UPL and Levi on a more coworker basis. It's something that could benefit them while giving virtually nothing up
Dec. 7, 2023 at 9:00 p.m.
Quoting: Subbanator7667
If recommend going and listening to Jake Allen's interview on 32 thoughts the podcast. Buffalo wouldn't be getting him to be a starter, they'd be getting him to be a guide to their young goalies.

Ok, but like i said, that’s NOT what the Sabres would be looking for imo
Shibbal18 liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 9:15 p.m.
I can assure you, Garrioch is not a particularly reliable source
AntiAnalytics and Mr_Canoehead liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 9:44 p.m.
Ok, but like i said, that’s NOT what the Sabres would be looking for imo

Wow, we have a fortune teller among us, someone who "knows" that Allen is not someone the Sabres brass would be interested. What are the lottery numbers for this week's lotto max draw?! Unless you are the Sabres GM or assistant GM, I guarantee you 100% that you have no idea what exactly they are looking for, you only know what you would be looking for.

Edit*** BTW, if the Sabres are looking to trade for a legit starter the price starts with Levi, is that a trade you want to make?!
Andy_Dick liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 10:00 p.m.

Very debatable
AntiAnalytics liked this.
Dec. 7, 2023 at 11:26 p.m.
Shibbal18
UPL is hurt and Levi is developing. Allen is interchangeable with Comrie no reason they waste assets on Allen and they're not going to run 3 goalies again
AntiAnalytics liked this.
Dec. 8, 2023 at 6:45 a.m.
Quoting: Campabee
Wow, we have a fortune teller among us, someone who "knows" that Allen is not someone the Sabres brass would be interested. What are the lottery numbers for this week's lotto max draw?! Unless you are the Sabres GM or assistant GM, I guarantee you 100% that you have no idea what exactly they are looking for, you only know what you would be looking for.

Edit*** BTW, if the Sabres are looking to trade for a legit starter the price starts with Levi, is that a trade you want to make?!

Oh please dude. You’re not a fortune teller either how do you know Montreal is trading Jake and Primeau? This is all fantasy here. If a Buffalo fan says there is no need to trade for crappy goalie like Allen, just take his word for it. How many Sabres games do you watch? Do you know their team? Do you know their needs?

Lol and then you go and use your crystal ball to say that Levi is going to be cost for a legit starter. How the bleeping F would you know that, Mr fortune teller. The hypocrisy on display just cause he doesn’t want your crappy goalie. Ridiculous.
Dec. 8, 2023 at 8:21 a.m.
Quoting: emoprettyboy
I can assure you, Garrioch is not a particularly reliable source

I don't follow the Sens coverage closely but it seems Garrioch is branching out to other teams -- WPG (Logan Stanley) and MTL (goaltending) -- since Dorion was sacked.
Andy_Dick liked this.
Dec. 8, 2023 at 10:15 a.m.
Edited Dec. 8, 2023 at 10:58 a.m.
Quoting: SwarmChair
Oh please dude. You’re not a fortune teller either how do you know Montreal is trading Jake and Primeau? This is all fantasy here. If a Buffalo fan says there is no need to trade for crappy goalie like Allen, just take his word for it. How many Sabres games do you watch? Do you know their team? Do you know their needs?

Lol and then you go and use your crystal ball to say that Levi is going to be cost for a legit starter. How the bleeping F would you know that, Mr fortune teller. The hypocrisy on display just cause he doesn’t want your crappy goalie. Ridiculous.

Wow touch a nerve did I!

You really think Anaheim is gonna trade Gibson and not want Levi as part of the package? How about Philly think they are gonna give you Hart and not want Levi back? It's not fortune telling its common sense, teams don't give up their starters unless they are getting a potential starter back.

Again since Monty was just resigned and Hughes has said he isn't planning on running 3 goalies all year and the fact that insiders are reporting that teams are calling about all 3 Canadiens goalies, it's common sense that allows us to derive that Allen or Primeau are the odd men out. The difference is that it's been reported all over that Allen and Primeau are the most likely to be traded, show me one insider who has said that the Sabres are looking for a legit starter, show me where the common sense is in trading for a legit starter over a 1B or backup when Levi is primed to take over that role at some point in the next year, it's common sense not fortune telling that the Sabres would be more interested in a backup or 1B goalie to lighten the load of Levi while he works at becoming a legit starter than trading for one and stunting the development of Levi, that's why I called you a fortune teller cause you were so adamant that the Sabres wanted a starter over what has been reported and what makes sense for them. I could care less if the Sabres traded for Allen, Primeau or anyone else, someone will eventually trade for them or the Habs will let their contracts run out and either resign them or not
Andy_Dick liked this.
Dec. 8, 2023 at 1:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: SwarmChair

Projection much?

Settle down and breathe a little before being emotional. Trading for a starter would start with Levi. They are no starters available atm in season.
You have absolutely zero clue what the Sabres will or won’t do.

‘But it’s also interesting to note there’s talk the Buffalo Sabres have been looking for a veteran goalie and may have sniffed around on Allen.’

So forgive us when a respected pundit put that out there over a toxic fan that only wants an org to do what he wants to do!

But I’m sure you called them trading an asset for an expensive 4th liner in Robinson last night as well. The logic goes the same for Allen as it does Robinson. The Sabres need nhl’rs and experienced ones at that as what was quoted. Screaming and telling others they are wrong because you disagree isn’t a way to argue.
Allen certainly fits when Levi can be sent down and Comrie isn’t in the plans. But you obviously know everything! Please tell us those lottery numbers?
Dec. 8, 2023 at 1:55 p.m.
Go Cavs
Edited Dec. 8, 2023 at 2:06 p.m.

I think there’s interest in Jake Allen, I think he’s easily better than Comrie. A 3.85 million cap hit for a backup goalie is a tough sell, but he would be good mentor. I’d take him on if it was for cheap and if it was apart of a bigger deal.

If Allen does come here, only request I have is that he wears #17. Give up that number Jost
Andy_Dick liked this.
Dec. 8, 2023 at 4:13 p.m.
Quoting: Andy_Dick
Projection much?

Settle down and breathe a little before being emotional. Trading for a starter would start with Levi. They are no starters available atm in season.
You have absolutely zero clue what the Sabres will or won’t do.

‘But it’s also interesting to note there’s talk the Buffalo Sabres have been looking for a veteran goalie and may have sniffed around on Allen.’

So forgive us when a respected pundit put that out there over a toxic fan that only wants an org to do what he wants to do!

But I’m sure you called them trading an asset for an expensive 4th liner in Robinson last night as well. The logic goes the same for Allen as it does Robinson. The Sabres need nhl’rs and experienced ones at that as what was quoted. Screaming and telling others they are wrong because you disagree isn’t a way to argue.
Allen certainly fits when Levi can be sent down and Comrie isn’t in the plans. But you obviously know everything! Please tell us those lottery numbers?

Projection much? Do you just say things with zero regard if they make sense?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll