SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

If Montreal thinks so lowly of Xhekaj

Created by: Element23VM
Published: Dec. 8, 2023 at 11:23 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 132/192 (69%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Xhekaj, ArberWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensMinor-$0011---17123--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---100------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$2,598,3332346734916
Change$00-1-1100
Final$2,598,3332345 (↓)72 (↓)5 (↑)916-1-2-3

Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Bahl, KevinNew Jersey DevilsNHL-$721,875011---24055--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Xhekaj, ArberWaivers ExemptMontreal CanadiensMinor-$0011---17123--
Initial$912,0672243653511
Change$721,875-100000
Final$1,633,942 (↑)21 (↓)436535111-3-2

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

2024 1st round pick (Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDET)---100------
Bahl, KevinNew Jersey DevilsNHL-$1,050,000011---24055--
Initial$7,190,0002145654412
Change-$1,050,000111-100
Final$6,140,000 (↓)22 (↑)46 (↑)66 (↑)3 (↓)412055
Dec. 8, 2023 at 11:26 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
Bahl and Xhekaj arent worth close to a 1st, and Bahl is worth more

Xhekaj so overrated its not even funny. he is a solid 7D who can fill in on bottom pair in a very sheltered role, thats it.

Bahl is a good bottom pairing guy who is young and could become a solid 2nd pair guy at some point, still not worth a 1st imo
ldinkel98 and KCDiablo liked this.
Dec. 8, 2023 at 12:34 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
1st>Bahl>Xhekaj
KCDiablo liked this.
Dec. 8, 2023 at 2:51 p.m.
Bahl is alright, and has had some growing pains, but still a much more preferable option to Xhekaj
DevilsInDisguise liked this.
Dec. 8, 2023 at 6:53 p.m.
0% chance the Devils do this trade
KCDiablo liked this.
Dec. 9, 2023 at 11:01 a.m.
Quoting: Kyle_Okposo_Lover
Bahl and Xhekaj arent worth close to a 1st, and Bahl is worth more

Xhekaj so overrated its not even funny. he is a solid 7D who can fill in on bottom pair in a very sheltered role, thats it.

Bahl is a good bottom pairing guy who is young and could become a solid 2nd pair guy at some point, still not worth a 1st imo

I think the opposite is true: Xhekaj is hilariously underrated. People think that just because Habs fans are loud, they're always wrong, and a lot of people on social media have a harrowing prejudice against big players who can be nasty.

Fact is, I've watched this guy (we watch all Habs games here, being in their region) and he's legit, like a Chara light. Just needs to hone his game and take the errors out and control the emotions more. But to me he belongs in the NHL as a presence defender who can protect leads; he's actually quite capable. And NJ's got a ton of offense from their D, they could use a guy like that.

Bahl is a better player skillwise than Xhekaj, but Xhekaj is a better player presence-wise than Bahl. Bahl is a teddy bear... no meanness. Top 4 ceiling, sure, but I don't know that this guy's ever winning a cup. Xhekaj can help protect leads and can help protect players when they get their heads taken off. Clifton RAN Hischier over this year and there was absolutely no retaliation from the team other than Brendan Smith who doesn't exactly make anybody shake in their boots.

Jersey got CRUSHED by Carolina... it wasn't close. I've never seen a team so talented get the floor wiped with them so bad on a psychological basis. This team has a severe issue with mental toughness.

I would easily give up Bahl for that. Ottawa needs an actual defensive guy with some skill, and Montreal's saving room because they think Jayden Struble is good (I don't have a high opinion on Struble whatsoever... he's a plug)
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
Dec. 9, 2023 at 2:27 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Element23VM
I think the opposite is true: Xhekaj is hilariously underrated. People think that just because Habs fans are loud, they're always wrong, and a lot of people on social media have a harrowing prejudice against big players who can be nasty.

Fact is, I've watched this guy (we watch all Habs games here, being in their region) and he's legit, like a Chara light. Just needs to hone his game and take the errors out and control the emotions more. But to me he belongs in the NHL as a presence defender who can protect leads; he's actually quite capable. And NJ's got a ton of offense from their D, they could use a guy like that.

Bahl is a better player skillwise than Xhekaj, but Xhekaj is a better player presence-wise than Bahl. Bahl is a teddy bear... no meanness. Top 4 ceiling, sure, but I don't know that this guy's ever winning a cup. Xhekaj can help protect leads and can help protect players when they get their heads taken off. Clifton RAN Hischier over this year and there was absolutely no retaliation from the team other than Brendan Smith who doesn't exactly make anybody shake in their boots.

Jersey got CRUSHED by Carolina... it wasn't close. I've never seen a team so talented get the floor wiped with them so bad on a psychological basis. This team has a severe issue with mental toughness.

I would easily give up Bahl for that. Ottawa needs an actual defensive guy with some skill, and Montreal's saving room because they think Jayden Struble is good (I don't have a high opinion on Struble whatsoever... he's a plug)

Xhekaj would get absolutely caved in in the role bahl plays. Xhekaj plays ridiculously sheltered minutes almost exclusively against bottom 6ers. His Quality of competition is in the 18th%ile. Bahls is in the 92nd.
Kyle_Okposo_Lover liked this.
Dec. 9, 2023 at 9:34 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
Xhekaj would get absolutely caved in in the role bahl plays. Xhekaj plays ridiculously sheltered minutes almost exclusively against bottom 6ers. His Quality of competition is in the 18th%ile. Bahls is in the 92nd.

Ah yes, while Bahl plays with forwards twice as talented. And he's with whom? John Marino? Dougie? The only D on Montreal remotely close to these guys is Matheson. Great thing to measure. But you didn't study the stat, you just wanted to use it as artillery.

Do you guys even think about these stats or do you just hope to win online arguments? Because you just stuff teddy bears in your cannon and shot flak and I'm laughing at this stupidity.
Dec. 9, 2023 at 9:45 p.m.
As it stands, though, I know this trade won't happen, but if you're going to counter the argument by saying they have a better chance to win with Bahl, you're out of your mind.

Teddy bears win presidents trophies. NJ might win one or two of those with this line-up.

But this team isn't remotely close to competing. Closest team I've seen with their style win the cup is the 2017-2018 penguins, and they had a hell of a lot of luck on their side, had weak competition in their years, and a generational player with a franchise player... whereas Hughes and Hischier are good, but not Crosby/Malkin tandem good.
Dec. 9, 2023 at 10:34 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Element23VM
Ah yes, while Bahl plays with forwards twice as talented. And he's with whom? John Marino? Dougie? The only D on Montreal remotely close to these guys is Matheson. Great thing to measure. But you didn't study the stat, you just wanted to use it as artillery.

Do you guys even think about these stats or do you just hope to win online arguments? Because you just stuff teddy bears in your cannon and shot flak and I'm laughing at this stupidity.

Bahl is simply a much better hockey player than Xhekaj

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll