$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$275,000$275K)
RD
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 12, 2023 at 2:14 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Monahan started off hot and went cold. Isles need to get younger, not trade for ineffective rentals.
Newgod77 liked this.
Dec. 12, 2023 at 2:22 p.m.
No chance Savard fetches that return. He’s become last year’s Edmundson on this website in regard to Habs fans wildly thinking they’ll get a ransom for him. Also, the Oilers will just keep or better utilize their assets and buyout Campbell.
arab05 and Newgod77 liked this.
Dec. 12, 2023 at 2:26 p.m.
Absolutely not are the panthers trading mackie for savard. Last thing they need is another bottom pair dman
JuanDamienNebraska liked this.
Dec. 12, 2023 at 2:28 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: Not_Isles5513
Monahan started off hot and went cold. Isles need to get younger, not trade for ineffective rentals.

He's got 3 points in 5 games averaging 18-19 minutes with a GWG
He's not 13 points in 15 games no and when MSL shuffled his lines nightly for 10 games to find a combo that benefited Slaf without screwing the team
Sure his offense dried up completely but his Faceoffs didnt , his minutes didnt , his shots kinda did though
That said since he found Evan-Anderson they've all been playing better , josh even had them serve him up an empty netter for him lol

Issue is we took apart our best like Productively in Pearson -Mony-Gally to watch Slaf mimic Anderson in the top 6(great chances few results for himself)
Mony was never the issue , never changed his play but if you have a blender of linemates and struggle but produce when you got regular linemates
Well thats 100% on the Coach alone in my books
Jakethesnake97 liked this.
Dec. 12, 2023 at 2:32 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: JuanDamienNebraska
No chance Savard fetches that return. He’s become last year’s Edmundson on this website in regard to Habs fans wildly thinking they’ll get a ransom for him. Also, the Oilers will just keep or better utilize their assets and buyout Campbell.

Elaborate
We got more then 90% of you said
Sure thinking a 2nd rounder for Eddy was high for sure but he was playing good at the time then got hurt.
After he got hurt most of us said a later round pick and what was it he got again ?

Are we Spot on ? No
But if this was the Price is Right only 1 of us would be going home with a prize and it wouldnt be the one guessing that everything has next to no value.
This is a Capitalists society value is dictated of Supply vs Demand its why we got Lane Hutson out of Brett Kulak
Logically it shouldnt have happened but Capitalizing on bad businessmen is a Capitalists Right , its what make our world go round
Dec. 12, 2023 at 2:40 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: Hockey91
Absolutely not are the panthers trading mackie for savard. Last thing they need is another bottom pair dman

Savard needs to go to a team where he can have Impact
IMO thats COL their system was built on guys like Savard being Leaders in Block Shots and Shutting top guys down.
Issue is they have nothing of value they can part with that im seeing

Mony i like for NYR as he fits a need, NYI is doing their Mid thing and its hard to get Mony to re-sign if you stick him there. (if we didnt want him back i love the trade base)
NYR has Rempe , Barbashev and Othman who are interesting pieces but Picks specifically a 1st rounders should be the focus so that when we are contending we have a stockpile we can use

I dont hate the EDM deal but my question is if teams were willing to do that then why was Josh Bailey, Kailer Yammamoto, Mike Reilly, Matt Duchene, Blake Wheeler, Tony , D'angelo, Zach Parise, and Ryan Suten all bought out in situations that seemingly boned their teams while most of them are competing for a cup ?

Closer we get to that Cap increase 2 years out, the less value Buyouts have as the impact of teams buying them out themselves next year wont do any real damage til the cap goes up significantly
Dec. 12, 2023 at 2:53 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Quoting: Billy316
He's got 3 points in 5 games averaging 18-19 minutes with a GWG
He's not 13 points in 15 games no and when MSL shuffled his lines nightly for 10 games to find a combo that benefited Slaf without screwing the team
Sure his offense dried up completely but his Faceoffs didnt , his minutes didnt , his shots kinda did though
That said since he found Evan-Anderson they've all been playing better , josh even had them serve him up an empty netter for him lol

Issue is we took apart our best like Productively in Pearson -Mony-Gally to watch Slaf mimic Anderson in the top 6(great chances few results for himself)
Mony was never the issue , never changed his play but if you have a blender of linemates and struggle but produce when you got regular linemates
Well thats 100% on the Coach alone in my books

I was looking at Monahan’s last fifteen, not his last five. He regressed back to the mean, that’s all. Real issue is isles don’t need another center rn. In fact their forwards lines have looked good now that Gauthier and Fasching r always in the lineup. Those two keep the puck moving the right way, and I don’t see any reason to mess with that if they keep winning.
Dec. 12, 2023 at 2:56 p.m.
Savard needs to go to a team where he can have Impact
IMO thats COL their system was built on guys like Savard being Leaders in Block Shots and Shutting top guys down.
Issue is they have nothing of value they can part with that im seeing

Mony i like for NYR as he fits a need, NYI is doing their Mid thing and its hard to get Mony to re-sign if you stick him there. (if we didnt want him back i love the trade base)
NYR has Rempe , Barbashev and Othman who are interesting pieces but Picks specifically a 1st rounders should be the focus so that when we are contending we have a stockpile we can use

I dont hate the EDM deal but my question is if teams were willing to do that then why was Josh Bailey, Kailer Yammamoto, Mike Reilly, Matt Duchene, Blake Wheeler, Tony , D'angelo, Zach Parise, and Ryan Suten all bought out in situations that seemingly boned their teams while most of them are competing for a cup ?

Closer we get to that Cap increase 2 years out, the less value Buyouts have as the impact of teams buying them out themselves next year wont do any real damage til the cap goes up significantly

I dont disagree. But panthers have 3 guys who can play that role. Maybe not as well but not worth giving up a soon to be good winger. Maybe they’ll trade picks but we dont have a need except for maybe. Top 4 lhd like hanifin
Dec. 12, 2023 at 3:18 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
I was looking at Monahan’s last fifteen, not his last five. He regressed back to the mean, that’s all. Real issue is isles don’t need another center rn. In fact their forwards lines have looked good now that Gauthier and Fasching r always in the lineup. Those two keep the puck moving the right way, and I don’t see any reason to mess with that if they keep winning.

Thats fine i get wanting to invest in young talent and if you dont got need for depth for a playoff run i get it, we didnt spend in 2021 when we didnt believe we were SCF team either
We said let the young guys step up and boy did the..... not step up really at all outside Suzuki and Caufield. Actually Eric Staal playing a Mony role was a huge part of us getting to a SCF
I mean at the time i ****es as i think it was a 2nd and a 4th for someone struggling so bad. But it worked out in the end as Schiefele tried murdering Evans and that was when Staal was most valuable

That Said , hearing some say he "regressed " because MSL took him from 3rd line Center to Top line RW to 2nd line LW to 2nd line Center to 3rd line RW to now 2nd line LW
That's 100% on Marty and Marty alone , he owned that saying he had to do what he had to do
That his focus 100% was on Slaf and finding away to make it work when people were calling for him to go to the AHL

It worked to
Mony looks a big worse for ware as he was hung out to Dry by MSL but Slaf looks stronger then he actually is to the point the media went from bashing him 3 weeks ago to riding his jock .
Downside to having 4/4 NHL Coaches with no real experience is guys always get hung out to dry in their learning curve
Mony because he clicks with everyone even if not offensively at first was used to put out fires each time MSL hit the Blender button on our lines
If not for Mony we're losing like 6-2 ,8-5 and by ridiculous amounts
Not hitting the OT getting the extra point and helping extend the Legend of Caufield who with 2 more OT Goals in a year beats Chucky's rune in 2014-15 i believe , but i digress

Say you dont need him
Say you only know how to base value on points alone
Say anything but Regressed as Mony has never done that in a MTL Jersey
Its why Fans are saying dump everyone but re-sign Mony with 3-4 years term
He's consistent and Balances the team keeping our young guns humble while they convince him to be less serious.
Its a nice Dynamic and why we'd rather trade him to a SCF contender like NYR or VGK or a FLA where they wouldnt want to re-sign him but could win a cup with him
Dec. 12, 2023 at 4:52 p.m.
1GarthSnowFan
Thats fine i get wanting to invest in young talent and if you dont got need for depth for a playoff run i get it, we didnt spend in 2021 when we didnt believe we were SCF team either
We said let the young guys step up and boy did the..... not step up really at all outside Suzuki and Caufield. Actually Eric Staal playing a Mony role was a huge part of us getting to a SCF
I mean at the time i ****es as i think it was a 2nd and a 4th for someone struggling so bad. But it worked out in the end as Schiefele tried murdering Evans and that was when Staal was most valuable

That Said , hearing some say he "regressed " because MSL took him from 3rd line Center to Top line RW to 2nd line LW to 2nd line Center to 3rd line RW to now 2nd line LW
That's 100% on Marty and Marty alone , he owned that saying he had to do what he had to do
That his focus 100% was on Slaf and finding away to make it work when people were calling for him to go to the AHL

It worked to
Mony looks a big worse for ware as he was hung out to Dry by MSL but Slaf looks stronger then he actually is to the point the media went from bashing him 3 weeks ago to riding his jock .
Downside to having 4/4 NHL Coaches with no real experience is guys always get hung out to dry in their learning curve
Mony because he clicks with everyone even if not offensively at first was used to put out fires each time MSL hit the Blender button on our lines
If not for Mony we're losing like 6-2 ,8-5 and by ridiculous amounts
Not hitting the OT getting the extra point and helping extend the Legend of Caufield who with 2 more OT Goals in a year beats Chucky's rune in 2014-15 i believe , but i digress

Say you dont need him
Say you only know how to base value on points alone
Say anything but Regressed as Mony has never done that in a MTL Jersey
Its why Fans are saying dump everyone but re-sign Mony with 3-4 years term
He's consistent and Balances the team keeping our young guns humble while they convince him to be less serious.
Its a nice Dynamic and why we'd rather trade him to a SCF contender like NYR or VGK or a FLA where they wouldnt want to re-sign him but could win a cup with him

Regressing to the mean doesn’t mean he’s bad, just means he’s coming back down to earth.
Dec. 14, 2023 at 4:16 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Regressing to the mean doesn’t mean he’s bad, just means he’s coming back down to earth.

4 points in 6 and set up Evans Unassisted Goal
Monahan to Savard to Evans who had a pass go off a defenders skate and back to him then he scored
Without Monahan the play doesnt happen

Again he doesnt even need Great Linemates he just needs Regular Linemates
MSL stops juggling him because as MSL "he so versatile" then that scoring slump doesnt happen
If he was producing like crap and had the same Linemates regularly i'd agree with your assumption
But it went Regular Scoring with Regular Linemate, Irregular Cominations , irergular Scoring back to Regular Linemates and Regular Scoring

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll