Trades
TBL
  1. Girard, Samuel
  2. Gulyayev, Mikhail [Reserve List]
  3. Tatar, Tomas
  4. Tufte, Riley
  5. 2024 1st round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
for Colorado this makes sense because they are cup contenders and they can offload Girards contract which carries risk because its unlikely he is on lair for the remainder of the contract, they trade some futures for a player that can slot in very well on the top line LW or even as a 2nd line centre. tufte and Tatar are their just for contract and cap purposes. I believe this trade would workout well for both teams also Colorado is a place where Stamkos would most likely be willing to re-sign so this could be potentially more than a rental. Stamkos would also be willing to waive his NTC imo due to the fact that the AVS are cup contenders and he obviously wants to win more cups.
COL
  1. Stamkos, Steven ($4,250,000 retained)
Additional Details:
the lightning need a minor retool to extend their window and this trade should help, imo they can make a trade during the offseason to let go of the 1st and or Gulyayev to get themselves 2 to 6 forwards and that will give them much needed depth, as for Girard who is to say how his treatment will go but assuming he comes back imo he should be able to bounce back but if he can't then Colorado also can offload that risk with this trade. although if he can bounce back then that gives Tampa a solid top 4 the best they would have had in a while.
TBL
  1. Peeke, Andrew
Additional Details:
my assumption would be Girard is probably gone for the year imo if so then trading for Peeke can make sense although imo with his term and play I would consider him a cap dump but I do think he would be able to bounce back with the lightning.
CBJ
  1. Myers, Philippe
  2. 2024 7th round pick (CHI)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$82,560,833$0$0$939,167
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,250,000$6,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 8
$850,000$850,000
RW
UFA
$758,333$758,333
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$2,665,000$2,665,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,200,000$5,200,000
RD
UFA - 8
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
UFA - 2
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
LW
UFA - 1
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, LW
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 13, 2023 at 11:21 a.m.
Dr.
way too high of price tag for colorado
Dec. 13, 2023 at 11:23 a.m.
Tampa doesn't make either of these deals. Girard when healthy isn't the type of D man Tampa needs. They have plenty of offense from their blue line already. And Peeke isn't an upgrade over Perbix or Raddysh. He's big and he plays physical, but he's a very poor defender.
Brolekb2b liked this.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 11:30 a.m.
This is an insane return for Stamkos as a rental. A top 4 defenseman, 2 1sts, a middle 6 forward (that you can prob flip as a rental), and a decent call up. When has any rental gotten even half that return?
Android_H_Jones and TJTwolf liked this.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 11:44 a.m.
Quoting: turtlemountain
This is an insane return for Stamkos as a rental. A top 4 defenseman, 2 1sts, a middle 6 forward (that you can prob flip as a rental), and a decent call up. When has any rental gotten even half that return?

imo Id be under the assumption that this would a longer term deal, even if not id say the perception of girards value has dropped imo, and atm that contract carries risk so I wouldn't value him like the average top 4 dman atm.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 11:46 a.m.
Quoting: Hawksguy81
Tampa doesn't make either of these deals. Girard when healthy isn't the type of D man Tampa needs. They have plenty of offense from their blue line already. And Peeke isn't an upgrade over Perbix or Raddysh. He's big and he plays physical, but he's a very poor defender.

I can see that argument for the peeke trade that is a trade that maybe you revert. although if Girard is capable of bouncing back then he'd be a welcome addition to the lightning imo.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 12:12 p.m.
Quoting: Canuckfan98
imo Id be under the assumption that this would a longer term deal, even if not id say the perception of girards value has dropped imo, and atm that contract carries risk so I wouldn't value him like the average top 4 dman atm.

Using your logic, if Girard's value has dropped, why include him in the deal at all if Colorado is going to have to add extra assets for Tampa to take him? That's not something Colorado's front office would do.

Btw I don't agree with your assertions regarding Girard. Maybe his "value has dropped" amongst people on the internet, but not amongst NHL scouts and front office personnel, especially in todays climate regarding mental health and substance abuse.
turtlemountain and TJTwolf liked this.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 12:18 p.m.
Quoting: Android_H_Jones
Using your logic, if Girard's value has dropped, why include him in the deal at all if Colorado is going to have to add extra assets for Tampa to take him? That's not something Colorado's front office would do.

Btw I don't agree with your assertions regarding Girard. Maybe his "value has dropped" amongst people on the internet, but not amongst NHL scouts and front office personnel, especially in todays climate regarding mental health and substance abuse.

I think when it comes to mental health and substance abuse it can have an affect on your work I hope hes able to work through it but your value as a NHL player drops, not as a person but as a NHL player especially considering he will be most likely gone for a significant time, As for why I included him, its because then the AVS could re-sign stammer and save cap space by letting go of Girard and maybe a change of scenery may help him out as well.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 12:53 p.m.
Should the Lightning trade Stamkos? Maybe. Will they? No, because it's ultimately not up to them. Stamkos has a full No Move and has said repeatedly he does not intend to waive it. What happens after the season, who knows, but he will be a Bolt until then.

I do genuinely think they should sign Phil Kessel though so I'll give you a shout out for that. This team has a major vibes problem right now, let Kessel take Watson's 6 minutes a night of ice time and lighten the mood a little bit.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
I think when it comes to mental health and substance abuse it can have an affect on your work

Totally agree with you here. And if that's the case, his performance will most likely get better when he returns from his injury.

its because then the AVS could re-sign stammer and save cap space by letting go of Girard

I can't see Colorado trading Girard until the summer, if at all. The front office loves him. He's perfect for Colorado's transition out of the defensive zone.

Also, I think it would be pretty heartless to trade a player while they are in the player assistance program. This is a player friendly organization that has a reputation around the league for treating it's players well.
TJTwolf liked this.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 1:00 p.m.
Quoting: dolewhiplash
Should the Lightning trade Stamkos? Maybe. Will they? No, because it's ultimately not up to them. Stamkos has a full No Move and has said repeatedly he does not intend to waive it. What happens after the season, who knows, but he will be a Bolt until then.

I do genuinely think they should sign Phil Kessel though so I'll give you a shout out for that. This team has a major vibes problem right now, let Kessel take Watson's 6 minutes a night of ice time and lighten the mood a little bit.

If going to a team where he has a chance to win the cup I think he would waive it especially if the lightning let him know they aren't going to re-sign him. So I think he'd be willing to waive to Colorado, New York,Vegas,Carolina,Toronto, and the Bruins and out of all those teams at the TDL Colorado makes the most sense. Carolina makes sense as well but id assume the Lightning would rather trade him outside the conference.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 1:04 p.m.
Quoting: Android_H_Jones
Totally agree with you here. And if that's the case, his performance will most likely get better when he returns from his injury.

I can't see Colorado trading Girard until the summer, if at all. The front office loves him. He's perfect for Colorado's transition out of the defensive zone.

Also, I think it would be pretty heartless to trade a player while they are in the player assistance program. This is a player friendly organization that has a reputation around the league for treating it's players well.

if that's the case then I would switch this trade to a pure rental and take out Girard and keep everything else the same maybe switch gulyayev for Behrens and add a late pick.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 1:08 p.m.
If going to a team where he has a chance to win the cup I think he would waive it especially if the lightning let him know they aren't going to re-sign him. So I think he'd be willing to waive to Colorado, New York,Vegas,Carolina,Toronto, and the Bruins and out of all those teams at the TDL Colorado makes the most sense. Carolina makes sense as well but id assume the Lightning would rather trade him outside the conference.

I mean I'm not saying I feel like he wouldn't waive, I'm saying he has said several times, even after the whole contract thing started, that he is not waiving and will be a Bolt until at least the end of his current contract. If you want to go off of what you feel he could do that's your prerogative, but I'm just telling you the words that left his own mouth.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 1:33 p.m.
Quoting: dolewhiplash
I mean I'm not saying I feel like he wouldn't waive, I'm saying he has said several times, even after the whole contract thing started, that he is not waiving and will be a Bolt until at least the end of his current contract. If you want to go off of what you feel he could do that's your prerogative, but I'm just telling you the words that left his own mouth.

well what players say to the media has to be taken with a grain of salt hes the captain of the team hes not outright going to say that he will waive his NTC essentially causing a media frenzy about possible trades.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 2:54 p.m.
well what players say to the media has to be taken with a grain of salt hes the captain of the team hes not outright going to say that he will waive his NTC essentially causing a media frenzy about possible trades.

Right, but he also doesn't have to say repeatedly and unprompted that he intends on staying at least to the end of his contract. Listen, if you don't want to agree, again, that's on you, but you asked a question to a forum and I gave you my opinion as an answer based on what I have heard both the player and the team say. I'm not changing my belief on this and I don't really care if you do or not, but that's my answer to your question. Have a good one.
Dec. 13, 2023 at 11:40 p.m.
I second the reasons already given by Avs fans on here as to why it's a no.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll