$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LD/RD, LW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LD
UFA - 5
$4,400,000$4,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
Logo of the New York Islanders
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$850,833$850,833 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
G
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$3,250,000$3M)
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LD
RFA - 2
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 14, 2023 at 5:54 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
I see the islanders as a team that should be rebuilding. Not much they can do to add and I don't see a team with a top 6 that includes Anders Lee, Brock Nelson, Pierre Engvall, and Kyle Palmieri doing real damage come playoff team.

You can take vanacek out if you really want. He's a stopgap who can handle a 50+ game workload. If he doesn't perform, you move on, no harm done. If he plays like he did last year, you can either resign him or ship him out as 28 year old starter.

Or you can waive him. I would expect to see one of Chicago, Columbus, or Toronto put in a claim.

Stillman should be a quality bottom 6er for dirt cheap. Nothing more, nothing less, but a piece a rebuilding team should look for.
Daws. Again not a big piece. Young goalie with some upside, literally no downside
You can take out Vanacek, Stillman, 3rd, Daws, retention if you like.

Into Mercer+1st for Sorokin

Mercer costs 900k this year, and has 4 more years as an RFA after. You can go sign him to a 5x8/5.5x8

Shown to be a durable, quality NHLer at age 20,21,22.

Would have finished 2nd on your team in 5v5 points last year. Kills penalties.

Mercer from age 22-30, for 3 million dollars less+ a 1st

Sorokin from ages 28-36, for 3 mill more.

How much does a middle 6 C cost in UFA? Cause I'd say that's mercer's floor

I saw Andrew Copp and Vincent Trochek go for 5.6, 35 year old backlund got extended for 4.5, Compher 5.1, Wennberg 4.5, JGP 5, Coyle 5.25. And I'd say a lot of those guys are more of 3Cs.

I see the islanders as a team that should be rebuilding. Not much they can do to add and I don't see a team with a top 6 that includes Anders Lee, Brock Nelson, Pierre Engvall, and Kyle Palmieri doing real damage come playoff team.

You can take vanacek out if you really want. He's a stopgap who can handle a 50+ game workload. If he doesn't perform, you move on, no harm done. If he plays like he did last year, you can either resign him or ship him out as 28 year old starter.

Or you can waive him. I would expect to see one of Chicago, Columbus, or Toronto put in a claim.

Stillman should be a quality bottom 6er for dirt cheap. Nothing more, nothing less, but a piece a rebuilding team should look for.
Daws. Again not a big piece. Young goalie with some upside, literally no downside

Mercer costs 900k this year, and has 4 more years as an RFA after. You can go sign him to a 5x8/5.5x8

I saw Andrew Copp and Vincent Trochek go for 5.6, 35 year old backlund got extended for 4.5, Compher 5.1, Wennberg 4.5, JGP 5, Coyle 5.25. And I'd say a lot of those guys are more of 3Cs.

Yeah, you’re delusional if you think Mercer and a late 1st is anything even close to fair value for Sorokin
Dec. 14, 2023 at 6:20 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: tm0000
Yeah, you’re delusional if you think Mercer and a late 1st is anything even close to fair value for Sorokin

Follow the money. Positional value.

Just look at the islanders. Bo Horvat (career 2C with numbers over his career similar to what Mercer put up at 21 years old) got 8.5 million dollars a year.

Ilya Sorokin got just 8.25 from the same team.

The New York islanders went out and said “Bo Horvat is more valuable to us than Ilya Sorokin”
Dec. 14, 2023 at 6:36 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist

It's more than Van got for Schneider.
Dec. 14, 2023 at 7:37 p.m.
Love seeing Pettersson get the respect and value he deserves now, but with that said the Pens aren't going to rebuild during the Crosby era and trading Pettersson just can't happen. He's part of one of the best D pairings in the league so giving him to a division opponent for futures isn't happening.
Dec. 15, 2023 at 12:53 a.m.
this might be the worst ****ing move ive ever seen
Dec. 15, 2023 at 10:33 a.m.
It's more than Van got for Schneider.

First, that trade was 10 years ago. Second, Schneider didn't have nearly the resume that Sorokin has.

Sorokin is
Follow the money. Positional value.

Just look at the islanders. Bo Horvat (career 2C with numbers over his career similar to what Mercer put up at 21 years old) got 8.5 million dollars a year.

Ilya Sorokin got just 8.25 from the same team.

The New York islanders went out and said “Bo Horvat is more valuable to us than Ilya Sorokin”

Since comparing forward and goalie salaries is apples and oranges, a better way to look at it as far as salary would be: once Sorokin's extension kicks in, he'll be the 4th highest-paid goalie in the league. Horvat is the 29th highest-paid forward and 41st highest-paid skater.
Dec. 15, 2023 at 12:38 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
First, that trade was 10 years ago. Second, Schneider didn't have nearly the resume that Sorokin has.

Sorokin is

Since comparing forward and goalie salaries is apples and oranges, a better way to look at it as far as salary would be: once Sorokin's extension kicks in, he'll be the 4th highest-paid goalie in the league. Horvat is the 29th highest-paid forward and 41st highest-paid skater.

Except not really. The salary cap isn’t weighed positionally.
You get a certain amount of money to spend on your entire team.

The data started getting better, more information was available, and teams realized something. Goalies aren’t nearly as valuable as previously thought. Hundreds and hundreds of people who’s job it is to find the best ways to use the limited budget realized that goalies do not provide the value that skaters do, and more specifically, are the least trustworthy asset in hockey.

Remember how high goalies used to go in drafts? Teams don’t do that anymore. Because they don’t value goalies as highly
Teams don’t trade massive packages for goalies
Goalies don’t recieve contracts comparable. Goalies are WAY less valuable than they were even 5-10 years ago.

Look at what Bobrovsky and Price got in a lower salary market.

Now you get 2 elite goalies hit UFA at the same time and get the same or less as a high end 2C.

If Sorokin and Hellebuyuck are worth so much money why didn’t they walk to the market and go get a 10+ mill bag?

Veteran Goalies aren’t a hot commodity.

You know what is a hot commodity? ELC/first time RFA roster players.

You paid the 13th overall pick for a mediocre defenseman in Romanov. Wanna know why? Because he was young, had shown it at the NHL level, and cheap.

Look at the hauls Montreal paid for Dach and Newhook.

The biggest payment in recent memory wasn’t for a superstar. It was for Brandon Hagel. Because he was young, cheap, and developing.

Marc Andre Fleury won the vezina. Wanna know what happened to him that offseason? Traded for future considerations
Dec. 15, 2023 at 12:46 p.m.
Opie
Quoting: dfawcett
I don't see any way that the Isles do this, particularly given the retention for the term of the contract, without a much higher quality package. If they would trade Sorokin at all...

I think you would at least have to add Hughes or Nemec, maybe more with the retention over 8 years.

Once he finds one he likes, Lou is all about his Keepers ... no way he trades Sorokin.
Dec. 16, 2023 at 12:58 a.m.
Brady Tkachuk to NJ…where his wife is from, where he got married, Huges/Tkachuk families very close, Fitz cousins…Sens aren’t getting g any better. It’s only a matter of time before Brady says enough is enough, I want out.

Nemec, Mercer/Holtz/Meier/Bratt, 1st, maybe Stillman type player…just sayin
Dec. 16, 2023 at 10:56 a.m.
do not Devil my ass
Quoting: Goose1227
Brady Tkachuk to NJ…where his wife is from, where he got married, Huges/Tkachuk families very close, Fitz cousins…Sens aren’t getting g any better. It’s only a matter of time before Brady says enough is enough, I want out.

Nemec, Mercer/Holtz/Meier/Bratt, 1st, maybe Stillman type player…just sayin

I get the feeling you don't get how good of a hockey player Jesper Bratt is.
Trading Bratt alone for Brady Tkachuk would most likely be a straight downgrade for the Devils.
Dec. 16, 2023 at 11:52 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Tintin
I get the feeling you don't get how good of a hockey player Jesper Bratt is.
Trading Bratt alone for Brady Tkachuk would most likely be a straight downgrade for the Devils.

Brady Tkachuk is weirdly one of the most overrated players in the NHL

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll