SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

World Juniors 2024

Who wins gold?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jan. 2 at 8:37 a.m.
WentWughes
The rebound from Mesar at this year's tournament is insane.
Sharkie69 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jan. 2 at 9:09 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
The rebound from Mesar at this year's tournament is insane.

Yeah he had a good tournament. Too bad Slovakia’s out. They played really well.
KSIxSKULLS and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jan. 2 at 10:53 a.m.
wow
Jan. 2 at 10:55 a.m.
SHL NJD GM
That’s such a bad bounce lol, feel bad for Rousseau he could do nothing about that and it’s no one’s fault there
Jan. 2 at 11:15 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
That’s such a bad bounce lol, feel bad for Rousseau he could do nothing about that and it’s no one’s fault there

Quoting: NHLfan10506
wow

Pretty shocking result. The fact that they were even in a 2-2 tie that late was the bigger issue; feel really bad for Bonk and Rousseau on that play.

USA out to an early lead vs Latvia and already looking like it will be a mismatch as Latvia is struggling to keep the US transition game and speed at bay.
Jan. 2 at 11:17 a.m.
stop daddy it hurts
Here lies Canada. Rip.
Jan. 2 at 11:18 a.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: HockeyScotty
Pretty shocking result. The fact that they were even in a 2-2 tie that late was the bigger issue; feel really bad for Bonk and Rousseau on that play.

USA out to an early lead vs Latvia and already looking like it will be a mismatch as Latvia is struggling to keep the US transition game and speed at bay.

Don't think many people are surprised. Canada was clearly weak bringing their "C" team and a ****ty coach who isn't even good in the CHL. They beat 0 competitive teams this year.
Jan. 2 at 11:35 a.m.
Quoting: HockeyScotty

Hrabal was great....CAN shot total wasn't super high (30 shots, 28 saves). But if you look at the shot chart...especially in 3rd period....there were many in close.

You can find it under "Shot Chart" on the Game Summary page
Jan. 2 at 11:39 a.m.
WentWughes
All Minten's fault. Dude was a tirefire and a Leaf captain, not surprised we're out in the first round.
Sharkie69 liked this.
Jan. 2 at 12:26 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
All Minten's fault. Dude was a tirefire and a Leaf captain, not surprised we're out in the first round.

Blaming Minten means you have to be joking
Jan. 2 at 12:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Lul no

The main thing was last year we saw the flaws of Canada but they had Bedard to carry them out of it

What we learned this year Celebrini aint that guy who can over carry

Than the Defense and PK were pretty bad

Also can see why the goalie was never drafted Swiss Cheese
Sharkie69 liked this.
Jan. 2 at 12:40 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Leafsfan98

No, well sort of. He played 1st line minutes all tournament long and had 3 points in 5 games. Our best line was our 4th line (who had the Habs prospect on it). Them + Celebrini were our bright spots this year. Team had no chemistry and had a **** quality CHL coach to boot. Can't win with all of those factors.
Jan. 2 at 12:45 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
No, well sort of. He played 1st line minutes all tournament long and had 3 points in 5 games. Our best line was our 4th line (who had the Habs prospect on it). Them + Celebrini were our bright spots this year. Team had no chemistry and had a **** quality CHL coach to boot. Can't win with all of those factors.

Owen Allard, Macklin Celbrini, Lameureux and Warren were our bright spots...

Our biggest disappointments: goaltending - especially vs Germany, Poitras and Beck

Everyone else wasn't stunning but not horrible either
Jan. 2 at 12:45 p.m.
SHL NJD GM

Well Minten did play bad, that’s not a question, blaming 1 player for the exit is a bit much though.

Quoting: aadoyle
Lul no

The main thing was last year we saw the flaws of Canada but they had Bedard to carry them out of it

What we learned this year Celebrini aint that guy who can over carry

Than the Defense and PK were pretty bad

Also can see why the goalie was never drafted Swiss Cheese

I’m sorry but Mathis Rousseau played well, he’s probably put himself on the radar of NHL teams with his performance
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Jan. 2 at 12:49 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Well Minten did play bad, that’s not a question, blaming 1 player for the exit is a bit much though.

Nothing went in for him... Heck, even the empty net vs Germany, somehow hit a stick... He generated chances, everyone loved him off ice and he was a mainstay on the PK... Something the Leafs didn't see in the season
Jan. 2 at 12:50 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

I’m sorry but Mathis Rousseau played well, he’s probably put himself on the radar of NHL teams with his performance

Well he did let in some stinkers I will say that. Maybe not Swiss cheese but also not the greatest. Maybe someone will take a flyer

But yea this TC as a whole had a lot of issues and no Bedard factor

PK especially as man I think ever team got one or two PP goals on us lul
Jan. 2 at 12:51 p.m.
WentWughes
Owen Allard, Macklin Celbrini, Lameureux and Warren were our bright spots...

Our biggest disappointments: goaltending - especially vs Germany, Poitras and Beck

Everyone else wasn't stunning but not horrible either

I laugh how you threw Beck in the disappointments just because he's a Habs fan. Best FO% in the entire tournament and was on the best play driving line on Team Canada. He did his job.
Jan. 2 at 1:08 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
I laugh how you threw Beck in the disappointments just because he's a Habs fan. Best FO% in the entire tournament and was on the best play driving line on Team Canada. He did his job.

Habs fan? More like pass the dam puck... And stop giving up lazy turnovers in the Dzone
Jan. 2 at 1:51 p.m.
WentWughes
Habs fan? More like pass the dam puck... And stop giving up lazy turnovers in the Dzone

He did pass, and transition. He was bad in the defensive zone, but there were 0 players who were good. He was expected to be our 4th line defensive center and excelled. Minten was supposed to provide offense, and I'd be surprised if he created 1 good scoring chance while playing any of the competitive teams.
Jan. 2 at 2:12 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
He did pass, and transition. He was bad in the defensive zone, but there were 0 players who were good. He was expected to be our 4th line defensive center and excelled. Minten was supposed to provide offense, and I'd be surprised if he created 1 good scoring chance while playing any of the competitive teams.

Not usually... I couldn't count how many blue line turnovers he had by refusing to feed the wings...

And Beck was supposed to be the 2nd line centre... But he got moved to 4rth line bc he wasn't providing a lot...
Jan. 2 at 4:28 p.m.
WentWughes
Not usually... I couldn't count how many blue line turnovers he had by refusing to feed the wings...

And Beck was supposed to be the 2nd line centre... But he got moved to 4rth line bc he wasn't providing a lot...

Instead the coach decided he should play Minten on the 1st line and we didn't even medal....
Jan. 2 at 4:38 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Instead the coach decided he should play Minten on the 1st line and we didn't even medal....

On 2 fluke goals and our 4rth line not playing well
Jan. 2 at 4:49 p.m.
They aren't deep and their top isn't as good as Canada's top, despite Canada being much thinner

There's no way they are the favorites still with how they've played. I'd take Slovakia or Canada over USA at this point

Canada is the team to beat IMO... The winner will end up having to go through Canada if Canada doesn't walk on everyone

Defence is thin...

And again: "In comparison to Canada"... Not to a team like Finland

Quoting: WJC_Enthusiast
I respectfully disagree.

While acknowledging my bias as a Canadian, I believe Canada is the team to beat. The US struggled big time against Norway. I unironically thought Norway was the better team in the first period.

Quoting: WJC_Enthusiast
I would tend to agree

Good call guys
BigBallsBriere, KSIxSKULLS, Devil and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 2 at 5:07 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Good call guys

tears of joy

violation
Jan. 2 at 5:08 p.m.
WentWughes
Good call guys

It's literally 1 game eliminations, anything can happen. That's what makes the tournament so great.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit