SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

FIRE Shanahan fast before we lose another year in the playoffs

Team: 2023-24 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 27, 2023
Published: Dec. 27, 2023
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
How many years does TML have to endure a president with a VERY bad plan that has not worked and will not work?
Dubas mentions a core 4 trade and gets fired, he was right you moron Shanahan!
Every single problem TML have right now is because of this garbage president with 0 ties to TML hockey ever and was not liked in the NHL by his peers at all, was actually beat up by his team mates you can look that up , and yet he is the answer to TML hockey?
Fire the useless tool and maybe we can fix the horrible attitude on this team.
Trades
TOR
  1. Larsson, Adam
  2. McCann, Jared
Additional Details:
This ia the type pf trade that should have been made before Marners NMC kicked and in Dubas was fired for suggesting it.
TOR
  1. Blais, Samuel
Additional Details:
Never should have signed Reaves not a trade just a much smarter move.
TOR
  1. Chychrun, Jakob
Additional Details:
TML should have made the deal to get Chycrun but yet again the moron Shanahan decides no, great choice yet again!
OTT
  1. Brodie, TJ
  2. Timmins, Conor
  3. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
PHI
  1. Niemelä, Topi
  2. Samsonov, Ilya
  3. 2025 3rd round pick (TOR)
  4. 2026 1st round pick (TOR)
TOR
    anywhere but TML never should have been signed period
    TOR
    1. Pesce, Brett
    Additional Details:
    Should have a solid top 4 defense like Pesce
    CAR
    1. Cowan, Easton
    2. 2024 3rd round pick (NYI)
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the OTT
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CHI
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$83,500,000$82,557,450$0$0$942,550
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Seattle Kraken
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $796,667$796,667
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    RW, C, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $2,400,000$2,400,000
    C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    Logo of the St. Louis Blues
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,500,000$7,500,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    Logo of the Seattle Kraken
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $3,979,000$3,979,000
    G
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $4,600,000$4,600,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
    $4,025,000$4,025,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $875,000$875,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $766,667$766,667
    G
    RFA - 2
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $4,687,500$4,687,500
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 11:03 a.m.
    Rip
    Dubas never said he would trade a core member. He said he won't close the door on anything that would improve the team. Dubas wouldn't have signed Domi, Klingberg or Bertuzzi but would have found guys that fit better and improved the defence. I also bet he wouldn't have brought Samsonov back. The team wouldn't be very different if Dubas was in charge still. Better defensively for sure. I hope he would have fired the coach though. Keefe isn't the guy to get TO over the hump.
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 11:07 a.m.
    LBS
    I don't think Philly will be selling anything but, UFAs and even that is a stretch.

If they did decide to trade Hart for whatever reason, I imagine Hildeby would be part of the package going back to the Flyers
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 11:15 a.m.
    Quoting: lowblocksniper
    I don't think Philly will be selling anything but, UFAs and even that is a stretch.

If they did decide to trade Hart for whatever reason, I imagine Hildeby would be part of the package going back to the Flyers

This is more of a rant then actual trades that will or could happen.
    Personally I would like Hart he is young Canadian and on a good contract and playing well.
    These are the kind of things that should have happened if Shanahan were gone and the actual GMs had control of team.
    But ya Hildeby would probably be in there if it were a real trade.
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 11:15 a.m.
    LBS
    Quoting: Leafsmustwin
    Personally I would like Hart he is young Canadian and on a good contract and playing well.
    These are the kind of things that should have happened if Shanahan were gone and the actual GMs had control of team.

Fair enough
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 11:22 a.m.
    Rip
    Quoting: Leafsmustwin
    But ya Hildeby would probably be in there if it were a real trade.

Hart has also not been cleared in the hockey Canada scandal. There is a very high possibility this his career will be over very soon. The reports have said there are current NHLers that will be facing massive suspension for their role in that heinous act. He is among a handful of guys who have not yet been cleared. Until he is cleared, he won't be traded.
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 12:31 p.m.
    Quoting: RipNasty
    Dubas never said he would trade a core member. He said he won't close the door on anything that would improve the team. Dubas wouldn't have signed Domi, Klingberg or Bertuzzi but would have found guys that fit better and improved the defence. I also bet he wouldn't have brought Samsonov back. The team wouldn't be very different if Dubas was in charge still. Better defensively for sure. I hope he would have fired the coach though. Keefe isn't the guy to get TO over the hump.

You mean the guy that brought Tristan Jarry back? FS even reported at the draft that if Dubas was still the GM, he would have re-signed Matt Murray

Dubas would have filled this team with 5'9" Denis Malgins. It was laughable that his big free agent acquisition last season was Denis Malgin himself. He would also have brought back Justin Holl and Alex Kerfoot. Glad that tool is away from this team
    DealFinder67 liked this.
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 12:42 p.m.
    Chychrun trade wont fly. Brodie has very little value left and Timmins is a throw in at best. So really a single first, which wont do it.
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 1:13 p.m.
    ... We're a "Team"..
    In regards to the Chychrun trade: ARZ wasn't interested in taking back any salary in the deal. TOR didn't have the cap space for Chychrun at the time. ARZ wanted picks/prospects in the deal. Hence why Ottawa got the player over anyone else.
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 1:27 p.m.
    Rip
    Quoting: Brad_Treliving
    You mean the guy that brought Tristan Jarry back? FS even reported at the draft that if Dubas was still the GM, he would have re-signed Matt Murray

Dubas would have filled this team with 5'9" Denis Malgins. It was laughable that his big free agent acquisition last season was Denis Malgin himself. He would also have brought back Justin Holl and Alex Kerfoot. Glad that tool is away from this team

Seravelli has been reduced to internet blogs. He isn't an insider, he's just a click bait machine. That's all made up nonsense. Dubas in fact traded Malgin, so bringing him up is about as pointless as your Dubas hate is. Holl would have been a lot better to keep than getting Klingberg though. I wouldn't have done so myself and I doubt Dubas would have either. Kerfoot was a good player, never did anything wrong but gets hate for being a leaf. Nothing more to say about that.

However you can't really blame Dubas for anything when it's a fact that Shanahan blocked and forced moves onto him and then fired him when he wanted autonomy. Dubas was a good GM.
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 2:11 p.m.
    Sorry you guys are stuck with Reaves. Don't think stl wants him back
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 6:46 p.m.
    Seravelli has been reduced to internet blogs. He isn't an insider, he's just a click bait machine. That's all made up nonsense. Dubas in fact traded Malgin, so bringing him up is about as pointless as your Dubas hate is. Holl would have been a lot better to keep than getting Klingberg though. I wouldn't have done so myself and I doubt Dubas would have either. Kerfoot was a good player, never did anything wrong but gets hate for being a leaf. Nothing more to say about that.

However you can't really blame Dubas for anything when it's a fact that Shanahan blocked and forced moves onto him and then fired him when he wanted autonomy. Dubas was a good GM.

Dubas was a coward after trying to pull his stunt on Shanny, what has Dubas as a GM done to warrant his request of full autonomy? 1 playoff series win over 5 seasons? Overpaying on the core four? Not filling up the depth when you think guys like Pierre Engvall, Justin Holl, and Alex Kerfoot can win cups?

Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face that he is Pittsburgh's problem now for the next 7 years. It's only been year 1 and he's doing a terrible job lol

As for Tre and Klingberg, it wasn't Tres first choice. He had to find a way to improve the defense group regardless (hence why Klingberg got a 1 year deal). Now we can all pretend Klings isn't even on this team
    Dec. 27, 2023 at 7:46 p.m.
    Rip
    Dubas was a coward after trying to pull his stunt on Shanny, what has Dubas as a GM done to warrant his request of full autonomy? 1 playoff series win over 5 seasons? Overpaying on the core four? Not filling up the depth when you think guys like Pierre Engvall, Justin Holl, and Alex Kerfoot can win cups?

Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face that he is Pittsburgh's problem now for the next 7 years. It's only been year 1 and he's doing a terrible job lol

As for Tre and Klingberg, it wasn't Tres first choice. He had to find a way to improve the defense group regardless (hence why Klingberg got a 1 year deal). Now we can all pretend Klings isn't even on this team

You are just ridiculous
    Dec. 28, 2023 at 11:56 a.m.

Shanahan is to blame for everything he is the one with the plan and forcing it down every ones mouth!
    Are you seriously stupid enough to believe this is not exactly what Shanahan has planeed?
    The president is above the GM you do know that right?
    Fire Shanahan and Keefe and the problems will solve them selves.
    Dec. 28, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
    You are just ridiculous

So just calling someone "ridiculous" and not countering the argument clearly shows who is in the right
    Dec. 28, 2023 at 12:06 p.m.
    Rip
    So just calling someone "ridiculous" and not countering the argument clearly shows who is in the right

There is no arguing with you. You are blind to everything but hits.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll