Jets need Lindholm

Created by: Howie
Team: 2023-24 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 8, 2024
Published: Jan. 8, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I'd love to see these lines come playoffs tbh

Swap perfetti connor and vilardi ehlers if needed but I'd only switch one of them tbh
Trades
CGY
  1. Torgersson, Daniel
  2. 2024 1st round pick (WPG)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (WPG)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,500,000$84,807,858$0$850,000-$1,307,858
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,850,000$4,850,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,437,500$3,437,500
RW, C
RFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,166,667$2,166,667
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
RFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
RFA - 2
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 8 at 9:46 p.m.
Jets will pass on this trade.
No thanks.
Jets are a better team without Lindholm.
Jan. 8 at 9:48 p.m.
Quoting: Vancity2196
Jets will pass on this trade.
No thanks.
Jets are a better team without Lindholm.

Jets need a better pp, pk and face man which lindholm brings all 3 while being a legit threat down the middle after scheifele and move namestnikov and lowry to lower lines would make the jets super deep. They are 1st in the nhl time is now to ensure the year isn't a waste
Jan. 8 at 9:49 p.m.
Still dont know if I would pay that for a rental. It would make us better for sure but I think there are other players out there with multiple years that can be had for a similar price that can be a better fit. Dont know if Lindholm is the best fit for the Jets on the ice or contract-wise. 2C is probably the biggest hole on paper but Namestnikov is filling in very well in that spot. I would look more to the backend if there is a big name out there that fits this 2-3 year window that the jets have.
Jan. 8 at 9:52 p.m.
Quoting: njlaforte
Still dont know if I would pay that for a rental. It would make us better for sure but I think there are other players out there with multiple years that can be had for a similar price that can be a better fit. Dont know if Lindholm is the best fit for the Jets on the ice or contract-wise. 2C is probably the biggest hole on paper but Namestnikov is filling in very well in that spot. I would look more to the backend if there is a big name out there that fits this 2-3 year window that the jets have.

There is no dman that would be available that is an impact player for less than what I paid for lindholm. Term means the cost is more as it's not a rental at that point. The team defense has been amazing and really doesn't need to be changed. Addressing special teams is top priority (pp, pk and faceoffs) lindholm brings all of them. The dmen are fine as you aren't moving 5 of them only one is schmidt and paying the price for say (rasmus Andersson) is not cheap and not a chevy trade tbh and paying to get rid of schmidt when he's been a beast defensively
Jan. 8 at 9:53 p.m.
Quoting: Howie
Jets need a better pp, pk and face man which lindholm brings all 3 while being a legit threat down the middle after scheifele and move namestnikov and lowry to lower lines would make the jets super deep. They are 1st in the nhl time is now to ensure the year isn't a waste

I agree however I think the assets can be better spent on a player with term. Lindholm is the flashy player this TDL but the Jets have a window of 2-3 years where they could use a big name on D or a C with term. Lindholm as a rental isnt worth a 1st 2nd and C prospect. The only issue is there will be a team that wants to trade and extend him.
palhal liked this.
Jan. 8 at 9:57 p.m.
There is no dman that would be available that is an impact player for less than what I paid for lindholm. Term means the cost is more as it's not a rental at that point. The team defense has been amazing and really doesn't need to be changed. Addressing special teams is top priority (pp, pk and faceoffs) lindholm brings all of them. The dmen are fine as you aren't moving 5 of them only one is schmidt and paying the price for say (rasmus Andersson) is not cheap and not a chevy trade tbh and paying to get rid of schmidt when he's been a beast defensively

I agree that the special teams is the only issue right now however I believe that will work itself out. Connor coming back will also give that a boost.

My opinion on faceoffs has always been that they aren't that important.

I just feel like that price for Lindholm is ok but only if you are extending him which is impossible for the Jets and tbh is probably not the best idea.
I agree however I think the assets can be better spent on a player with term. Lindholm is the flashy player this TDL but the Jets have a window of 2-3 years where they could use a big name on D or a C with term. Lindholm as a rental isnt worth a 1st 2nd and C prospect. The only issue is there will be a team that wants to trade and extend him.

Jets paid a 1st for Stastny in the past it's a similar position. What if Schiefele gets injured in playoffs would you rather have namestnikov as your 1c or lindholm. Sure the price is high but the jets are in a position where they can go for it this year and still have a good team into the future. They could trade his rights like Hayes and players with term being a top 4 dman or 2c will cost more than this and do we really need the term with how lambert mcgroarty and chibrikov are playing? They look like they could make the team next year if not the year after

Vancity is a troll.

A deal for Lindholm starts with Lucius/Lambert + 1st
Dr_Invictus liked this.
I agree that the special teams is the only issue right now however I believe that will work itself out. Connor coming back will also give that a boost.

My opinion on faceoffs has always been that they aren't that important.

I just feel like that price for Lindholm is ok but only if you are extending him which is impossible for the Jets and tbh is probably not the best idea.

Don't have to extend him with the prospects we have coming up lambert 2c in no time
Jan. 8 at 9:59 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Vancity is a troll.

A deal for Lindholm starts with Lucius/Lambert + 1st

Not getting lambert and lucius tbh that's why I included a 2nd and b/c prospect to compensate for no lucius. Lindholm ain't worth 2+ firsts rn 25 points in 40 games heck Kadri has more lol
Jan. 8 at 10:02 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Jets are # 1 overall in the league. Need Lindholm?? No. He might be nice addition. But for that price maybe the Jets could do better. Lindholm is 2nd centre.
Jan. 8 at 10:04 p.m.

But where does Connor fit if Jets get Lindholm, for example?
Jan. 8 at 10:08 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Jets are # 1 overall in the league. Need Lindholm?? No. He might be nice addition. But for that price maybe the Jets could do better. Lindholm is 2nd centre.

Exactly and having top 6 capable players will be needed. Aa much as namestnikov is great moving him to 3rd line would be ideal for a run. Seems to me most jets fans just believe in the team bc we're doing good and don't want to address that we do actually need to improve and lindholm makes the biggest impact on what we need so why not?
Jan. 8 at 10:08 p.m.
Quoting: Vancity2196
But where does Connor fit if Jets get Lindholm, for example?

Did you not look at the lines whatsoever? He can play top line or 2nd line. With Lindholm Jets basically have 2 1st lines. If you mean long term we don't have to resign him and can trade his ufa rights as well.
Jan. 8 at 10:26 p.m.
Benzino204
We'll see at the deadline if Lindholm a) doesn't sign in Calgary, and b) if the Jets need an injection in the lineup.

Calgary can get more than that for Lindholm.

I'm in the minority here it seems, but the Jets can absolutely go big on a rental.

Winnipeg has Lucius, McGroarty, Chibrikov, Salomonsson, Lambert, and Barlow coming up. The prospect pool is good, and deep enough to sacrifice one of those guys for a rental the caliber of Lindholm. His two way ability would be beloved by Bones.

Of those prospects, my choice to go is Lucius, but this is the time to go all in and make that sacrifice for the Cup.
Jan. 8 at 10:34 p.m.
Quoting: Benzino204
We'll see at the deadline if Lindholm a) doesn't sign in Calgary, and b) if the Jets need an injection in the lineup.

Calgary can get more than that for Lindholm.

I'm in the minority here it seems, but the Jets can absolutely go big on a rental.

Winnipeg has Lucius, McGroarty, Chibrikov, Salomonsson, Lambert, and Barlow coming up. The prospect pool is good, and deep enough to sacrifice one of those guys for a rental the caliber of Lindholm. His two way ability would be beloved by Bones.

Of those prospects, my choice to go is Lucius, but this is the time to go all in and make that sacrifice for the Cup.

If we can get Lindholm for a 1st 2nd and a prospect not one of main ones (McGroarty, Barlow, Lambert, Lucius, chibrikov) I'd do this deal swapping heinola in tbh. To get lindholm without the major prospect would be a massive win. Ik term would be nice but perfetti needs a deal ehlers and connor are coming up and dmen as well. I'd say a rental is better bc if he doesn't fit we don't have issue and if he is we're winning games can try and get him on a 2-3 year deal in the 7m range or trade his right or just move on.
Benzino204 liked this.
Jan. 8 at 10:51 p.m.
Not getting lambert and lucius tbh that's why I included a 2nd and b/c prospect to compensate for no lucius. Lindholm ain't worth 2+ firsts rn 25 points in 40 games heck Kadri has more lol

Then you probably aren't getting him over Colorado
Jan. 8 at 11:20 p.m.
Then you probably aren't getting him over Colorado

Colorado ain't offering more than 1st, 2nd and heinola bro also Colorado has less prospects and needs to keep their 1st
Jan. 8 at 11:35 p.m.
Colorado ain't offering more than 1st, 2nd and heinola bro also Colorado has less prospects and needs to keep their 1st

You didn't even offer a 1st, 2nd and Heinola lol. What are you talking about? You offered Torgersson who is a C/D level prospect at best.
Jan. 8 at 11:36 p.m.
You didn't even offer a 1st, 2nd and Heinola lol. What are you talking about? You offered Torgersson who is a C/D level prospect at best.

If you actually looked at the discussion you see that if this isn't enough I'd swap torgersson for heinola
Jan. 8 at 11:43 p.m.
If you actually looked at the discussion you see that if this isn't enough I'd swap torgersson for heinola

That discussion wasn't with me at all. The website autoscrolls to the post I was quoted in, expecting me to scroll back up and read through your conversation with someone else is kinda silly.

I responded to the trade saying it was light and that Calgary would want one of your space centers + late 1st. You said they are unavailable and then complained about his production playing with 3rd liners most of the season. I responded with how you probably won't get him the. Because Colorado will offer more. Thats it
Jan. 8 at 11:46 p.m.
That discussion wasn't with me at all. The website autoscrolls to the post I was quoted in, expecting me to scroll back up and read through your conversation with someone else is kinda silly.

I responded to the trade saying it was light and that Calgary would want one of your space centers + late 1st. You said they are unavailable and then complained about his production playing with 3rd liners most of the season. I responded with how you probably won't get him the. Because Colorado will offer more. Thats it

What is Colorado even going to offer beyond a 1st. Big note jets don't need to send cap back in the deal which ryan jo gets sent in literally every offer which is unrealistic
Jan. 8 at 11:51 p.m.
What is Colorado even going to offer beyond a 1st. Big note jets don't need to send cap back in the deal which ryan jo gets sent in literally every offer which is unrealistic

There are reports Byram could be made available. That or 1st + Ritchie.

Whether you like it or not Lindholm is the top forward asset on the market with a very cheap contract and no team control. Lots of teams will be interested and there will be a bidding war
Jan. 8 at 11:55 p.m.
There are reports Byram could be made available. That or 1st + Ritchie.

Whether you like it or not Lindholm is the top forward asset on the market with a very cheap contract and no team control. Lots of teams will be interested and there will be a bidding war

I've heard Richie isn't the forward its Oskar Olausson so that's a late 1st an a player doing about how good torgersson did last year. Jets beat that offer
Jan. 8 at 11:57 p.m.
I've heard Richie isn't the forward its Oskar Olausson so that's a late 1st an a player doing about how good torgersson did last year. Jets beat that offer

From who? Fans? OO sucks so he probably won't be nearly enough. Hell Boston outbids if thats the best prospect being offered

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll