Salary Cap Mode: Accurate/Prorated
LTIR Enabled: No
Season Days: 192
Days Remaining: 94
Season Remaining: 49%
Projected Cap Hit Prior To Days Remaining Tooltip : $82,096,787
Trades
CAR
  1. Tarasenko, Vladimir ($2,500,000 retained)
OTT
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (PHI)
  2. 2024 4th round pick (CAR)
CBJ
  1. Suzuki, Ryan
  2. 2024 1st round pick (CAR)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (CAR)
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,500,000$81,170,314$450,000$500,000$2,329,686
Prorated Cap Hit

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$7,750,000$3,794,271
LW, RW
UFA - 6
$8,460,250$4,141,997
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$0$0
RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$2,643,750
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$3,750,000$1,835,938
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$1,468,750
RW
RFA - 1
$4,500,000$2,203,125
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,820,000$2,359,792
C
UFA - 7
$894,167$437,769 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW
RFA - 1
$762,500$373,307
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,900,000$1,419,792
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,400,000$1,175,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 2
$925,000$452,865
C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$2,594,792
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,280,000$2,585,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$979,167
G
UFA - 4
$5,250,000$2,570,313
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,025,000$1,970,573
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$734,375
G
UFA - 1
$7,750,000$3,794,271
LD
UFA - 2
$762,500$373,307
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,800,000$881,250
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$1,664,583
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 15 at 8:16 a.m.
TkachukNorris79
Someone will certainly give a 1st for Tarasenko with retention
Jan. 15 at 8:21 a.m.
not a he )
Make it a real prospect and two firsts and Columbus might consider.
Jan. 15 at 8:25 a.m.
Quoting: squashmaple
Make it a real prospect and two firsts and Columbus might consider.

He's got a career-high of 49 points. He's not worth 2 1sts. It's why the deal is structured this way
Jan. 15 at 8:30 a.m.
not a he )
Quoting: Caniac2000
He's got a career-high of 49 points. He's not worth 2 1sts. It's why the deal is structured this way

Ah the classic “I want this player but he’s not that good” argument. You see, Columbus has no interest or motivation to move him. He’s the captain, longest tenured player, on an incredible contract for what he provides high every single contender can fit under their cap, chose to take the hometown discount to stay in Columbus at a time when the memes were all “no one stays in columbus lololol” and he’s a monster at faceoffs. His internal value to the Blue Jackets simply exceeds whatever genius trade you structure.

You want a division rival’s captain with years left on an insanely good contract and make sure no other contender gets him? A real prospect and two firsts. Maybe we can talk about a first being contingent. But the real prospect is non-negotiable.
drambui liked this.
Jan. 15 at 8:47 a.m.
Ah the classic “I want this player but he’s not that good” argument. You see, Columbus has no interest or motivation to move him. He’s the captain, longest tenured player, on an incredible contract for what he provides high every single contender can fit under their cap, chose to take the hometown discount to stay in Columbus at a time when the memes were all “no one stays in columbus lololol” and he’s a monster at faceoffs. His internal value to the Blue Jackets simply exceeds whatever genius trade you structure.

You want a division rival’s captain with years left on an insanely good contract and make sure no other contender gets him? A real prospect and two firsts. Maybe we can talk about a first being contingent. But the real prospect is non-negotiable.

That's not happening. I get a player having more value than points, but 2 1sts and even an A tier prospect, not even a blue chip like Nikishin, is just unreasonable. That's like me saying 2 1sts and Cole Sillinger for Jordan Staal. It's completely comical. I like Jenner, he's great defensively, he's a strong faceoff center. But asking for the moon is ridiculous.

You say his value to Columbus supersedes his production, and I understand that. But let's look at how the Jackets have fared since he became the captain... look at how the Jackets have plummetted back to the bottom of the standings and are now looking at rebuilding a rebuild. At some point, the Jackets will move him, and it's going to be for FAR less than this. For example, loo at what Foligno returned when he was dealt to Toronto. Yes, he was a pending UFA, but his production most of his career was better than Jenner's. This is the kind of package he will go for. Just saying, you may want to get used to the idea of it because you will be greatly disappointed.
amullican liked this.
Jan. 15 at 9:03 a.m.
Tank it baby
That's not happening. I get a player having more value than points, but 2 1sts and even an A tier prospect, not even a blue chip like Nikishin, is just unreasonable. That's like me saying 2 1sts and Cole Sillinger for Jordan Staal. It's completely comical. I like Jenner, he's great defensively, he's a strong faceoff center. But asking for the moon is ridiculous.

You say his value to Columbus supersedes his production, and I understand that. But let's look at how the Jackets have fared since he became the captain... look at how the Jackets have plummetted back to the bottom of the standings and are now looking at rebuilding a rebuild. At some point, the Jackets will move him, and it's going to be for FAR less than this. For example, loo at what Foligno returned when he was dealt to Toronto. Yes, he was a pending UFA, but his production most of his career was better than Jenner's. This is the kind of package he will go for. Just saying, you may want to get used to the idea of it because you will be greatly disappointed.

If he's so bad then why do you want him? 🤔

I hate this spineless reasoning. I see it all the time on CFACGM.

Throw insults at said player you want your team to acquire thus lowering his value.

Then pretend your biased opinion is fact.

"That's the way it is."

Says you. Such a lazy argument. 🙄

You don't know what Jenner means to Columbus fans. Stop dismissing them. He's not even available! 🤔
squashmaple, SK101 and CaseyFlyman liked this.
Jan. 15 at 9:11 a.m.
not a he )

I don’t even LIKE Boone Jenner that much. Part of why I am so infuriated that I have to have this conversation nineteen times a day with arrogant fans of other teams that think he should be available for a song is that he isn’t remotely one of my favorite players. But I’m not a moron and can see he is valuable, both to the team he’s currently on who has no need or motivation to move him, and to other teams looking to upgrade by trading for him. I’m not going to be ~~disappointed~~ because he isn’t being moved.
CaseyFlyman liked this.
Jan. 15 at 11:26 a.m.
At some point, the Jackets will move him, and it's going to be for FAR less than this. For example, loo at what Foligno returned when he was dealt to Toronto. Yes, he was a pending UFA, but his production most of his career was better than Jenner's. This is the kind of package he will go for.

You're paying for the player, adding to make Columbus consider moving him, then adding more to beat out the other 8+ contenders who have an obvious 2C/3C need in a weak center rental market, and the other 8+ playoff contenders who could use him. I doubt Columbus ever moves him (much the same way Crosby never leaves Pittsburgh; not the same player at all, but the same level of franchise significance).

Foligno had worse production the year he was traded than Jenner has right now after being out almost 6 weeks, and was a UFA winger on a more expensive deal. He still got a 1st and a 4th. If you're using that as your model, you should clearly see why Jenner goes for significantly more.

I think your trade is aaaalmost there, but does require a real A-prospect. If we're going to move Jenner, we need at least a couple of realistic shots at replacing him down the line, especially if we're going to see him 4 times a year minimum for the next two seasons. Given our internal needs and the current market, it would be poor asset management to ask for less.
Jan. 15 at 1:51 p.m.
Quoting: SharkTank
If he's so bad then why do you want him? 🤔

I hate this spineless reasoning. I see it all the time on CFACGM.

Throw insults at said player you want your team to acquire thus lowering his value.

Then pretend your biased opinion is fact.

"That's the way it is."

Says you. Such a lazy argument. 🙄

You don't know what Jenner means to Columbus fans. Stop dismissing them. He's not even available! 🤔

Sorry, what? Columbus are towards the bottom of the standings, they have been for years, and they're going to be listening to offers on basically anyone. That's been Kekalainen's stance the entire time he's been in the NHL. Did you read anything of what I said? I like Jenner, but asking for the moon and stars is ridiculous. I know you're a sharks fan so you may have hit the substances early, but lord mercy, stop
Jan. 15 at 1:51 p.m.
I don’t even LIKE Boone Jenner that much. Part of why I am so infuriated that I have to have this conversation nineteen times a day with arrogant fans of other teams that think he should be available for a song is that he isn’t remotely one of my favorite players. But I’m not a moron and can see he is valuable, both to the team he’s currently on who has no need or motivation to move him, and to other teams looking to upgrade by trading for him. I’m not going to be ~~disappointed~~ because he isn’t being moved.

Right, cool buddy
Jan. 15 at 1:57 p.m.
Quoting: CaseyFlyman
You're paying for the player, adding to make Columbus consider moving him, then adding more to beat out the other 8+ contenders who have an obvious 2C/3C need in a weak center rental market, and the other 8+ playoff contenders who could use him. I doubt Columbus ever moves him (much the same way Crosby never leaves Pittsburgh; not the same player at all, but the same level of franchise significance).

Foligno had worse production the year he was traded than Jenner has right now after being out almost 6 weeks, and was a UFA winger on a more expensive deal. He still got a 1st and a 4th. If you're using that as your model, you should clearly see why Jenner goes for significantly more.

I think your trade is aaaalmost there, but does require a real A-prospect. If we're going to move Jenner, we need at least a couple of realistic shots at replacing him down the line, especially if we're going to see him 4 times a year minimum for the next two seasons. Given our internal needs and the current market, it would be poor asset management to ask for less.

That's all paid for here. Jenner is a very comparable player to Jordan Staal. If the Canes asked for that kind of return for Staal, they'd be made into a laughing stock and rightly so. Staal is also a phenominal defensive center, great faceoff guy, and captain, with term. This is the kind of package I'd expect for him.

Foligno's production wasn't much worse, and that was the price in a complete bidding war during a weird and wacky time. I thought it was a pretty comparable deal, and in my head, I thought this was a pretty clear overpayment. No middle six C is worth 2 1sts and an A prospect like some other CBJ fans have suggested. I really like Jenner, I think Rod would love him. But I'm also not dumb, and defensive players do not hold the same kind of value offensive dynamos do.

Suzuki is a genuine NHL player too, for what its worth. In the preseason (yes, I know it's preseason, but still) he was one of the players that could have made the team if Jack Drury's uncle wasn't Chris Drury and the nepotism that runs through the league having its affect. It's the same story with someone like Vasili Ponomarev. He's been very good despite being made of glass, yet you're acting like he's a nothing entity in this. In the current market knowing other teams will be having firesales, giving up anything more would be extremely poor asset management.

Again, I though this was closer than you did. If you're asking for more, there is a less than 0% chance it happens
Jan. 15 at 4:25 p.m.
That's all paid for here. Jenner is a very comparable player to Jordan Staal. If the Canes asked for that kind of return for Staal, they'd be made into a laughing stock and rightly so. Staal is also a phenominal defensive center, great faceoff guy, and captain, with term. This is the kind of package I'd expect for him.

Foligno's production wasn't much worse, and that was the price in a complete bidding war during a weird and wacky time. I thought it was a pretty comparable deal, and in my head, I thought this was a pretty clear overpayment. No middle six C is worth 2 1sts and an A prospect like some other CBJ fans have suggested. I really like Jenner, I think Rod would love him. But I'm also not dumb, and defensive players do not hold the same kind of value offensive dynamos do.

Suzuki is a genuine NHL player too, for what its worth. In the preseason (yes, I know it's preseason, but still) he was one of the players that could have made the team if Jack Drury's uncle wasn't Chris Drury and the nepotism that runs through the league having its affect. It's the same story with someone like Vasili Ponomarev. He's been very good despite being made of glass, yet you're acting like he's a nothing entity in this. In the current market knowing other teams will be having firesales, giving up anything more would be extremely poor asset management.

Again, I though this was closer than you did. If you're asking for more, there is a less than 0% chance it happens

If you think Jenner == Staal, we're at an impasse.

Staal is a good, consistent player, but he hasn't topped 20 goals since 2015-16, and his peak (25) was 2011-12. He's a 3rd-line defensive center at this stage, and is already 35. Jenner is on pace for 20+ goals and (would be on pace for) 40+ points for the 3rd season in a row, something Staal hasn't done in 5+ years. Staal is rocking a -7.9% relative xGF% to Jenner's +6.1%. Even Boone's career FO% is slightly better.

I'm not trying to trash Staal, he's a great 3rd-line center still. But Jenner's no 3rd liner, and it'll take at least a top-6 C return to land him. He's no offensive dynamo either, but his goal-scoring prowess in front of the net is very near top of the league. Foligno was an overpayment, but he doesn't come close to Jenner's production right now or availability on the market.

Suzuki is also a good, solid NHL prospect, I wouldn't call him an NHL player yet but he should get there. If we're going to move a top-6 C though, we need a solid shot at a replacement top-6 C as a return. That's an A prospect IMO, where Suzuki is B to B+.

For what it's worth, I think it's very close to a realistic deal, the only thing I'd change is Suzuki to an A prospect (like Drury or Nadeau).
Jan. 15 at 6:05 p.m.
Quoting: CaseyFlyman
If you think Jenner == Staal, we're at an impasse.

Staal is a good, consistent player, but he hasn't topped 20 goals since 2015-16, and his peak (25) was 2011-12. He's a 3rd-line defensive center at this stage, and is already 35. Jenner is on pace for 20+ goals and (would be on pace for) 40+ points for the 3rd season in a row, something Staal hasn't done in 5+ years. Staal is rocking a -7.9% relative xGF% to Jenner's +6.1%. Even Boone's career FO% is slightly better.

I'm not trying to trash Staal, he's a great 3rd-line center still. But Jenner's no 3rd liner, and it'll take at least a top-6 C return to land him. He's no offensive dynamo either, but his goal-scoring prowess in front of the net is very near top of the league. Foligno was an overpayment, but he doesn't come close to Jenner's production right now or availability on the market.

Suzuki is also a good, solid NHL prospect, I wouldn't call him an NHL player yet but he should get there. If we're going to move a top-6 C though, we need a solid shot at a replacement top-6 C as a return. That's an A prospect IMO, where Suzuki is B to B+.

For what it's worth, I think it's very close to a realistic deal, the only thing I'd change is Suzuki to an A prospect (like Drury or Nadeau).

Staal is almost identical to Jenner. He's not hit 20 goals, but he's also putting up point totals that are comparable to Jenners. He's not had more than 11 points less than Jenner in his entire career. Combine that with Staal being one of the best play drivers in the league (rotating linemates over the last 4 years, still has one of the best xG lines in the league regardless of Nino Niederreiter, Jordan Martinook, Jesper Fast, or Seth Jarvis being on his wings) all while coming 4th in Selke voting last year and constantly being one of the best defensive centers in the NHL.

Drury isn't a prospect. He's a full time NHL player, and if you take the last 20 games, every single point he has this season came in that time, he's on pace to outproduce Jenner. You're not going to get a roster piece for him, because ideally, Jenner is a 3C. I love Boone Jenner, but if you think you're getting a top 10 prospect from the NCAA like Nadeau for him, we're at a strong impasse. You might get someone like Jamieson Rees, and you could probably have added Dylan Coghlan for someone healthy enough to play on the right side of the defense core, but I wouldn't offer anything more major than the first. I'd only move the first because he has control, if he was a rental, this isn't even a conversation.
amullican liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll